Future WvW Content Release - Reddit AMA

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

I was wondering, for those who read the Reddit AMA, maybe I am interpreting this incorrectly, does it sound like the next expansion will have no new WvW content?

“We shipped the big Competitive Feature Pack last month because we think that competitive updates work better as live content. We’re not holding onto PvP or WvW feature updates for the expansion. We’ll continue to ship them live.
Mo”

If the competitive feature pack was the big release package for that mode, it doesnt seem very substantial or big to me at least. Maybe its this slow realization that WvW , the only reason I stay with this game is just not going to get any major updates anytime soon. And if that “major” update is a feature only update and not content, it seems really lackluster.

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

He did not say it was the “BIG” update that some people are waiting on, for some reason. He simply said it was a big update. I take that statement to mean that any updates they have for WvW, will not require players to have to wait for something like an expansion. So if they have something to release they will just release it as part of normal updates, most likely alongside future Living story episodes every couple of months.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

He did not say it was the “BIG” update that some people are waiting on, for some reason. He simply said it was a big update. I take that statement to mean that any updates they have for WvW, will not require players to have to wait for something like an expansion. So if they have something to release they will just release it as part of normal updates, most likely alongside future Living story episodes every couple of months.

Its just weird to keep waiting for it, that kind of BIG update for WvW with new content. How many more months for it? Especially since he used the word big to describe it, and as far as WvW was concerned, it wasnt that big. And I dont think I am being too critical of it, but it felt like a reskinned PvP pip system. I am thinking new content as in new siege, new maps, new mechanics etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Its just weird to keep waiting for it, that kind of BIG update for WvW with new content. How many more months for it? Especially since he used the word big to describe it, and as far as WvW was concerned, it wasnt that big. And I dont think I am being too critical of it, but it felt like a reskinned PvP pip system. I am thinking new content as in new siege, new maps, new mechanics etc.

They have tried and tried to add those 3 things since hot and they end up removing them because people kitten, whine and cry about them.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

They have tried and tried to add those 3 things since hot and they end up removing them because people kitten, whine and cry about them.

Do you think they have stopped developing those things altogether? If so, it just diminishes any remaining hype I have for the game/game mode. I was hoping that the expansion would spark that hype again.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Changes that impact gameplay are what people here do not want. /shrugs

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I’m back to semi-hiatus (because no red BL q_q), which makes it easier to wait out changes. However, I’m also hoping for something to ship with the expac. There’s tons of room for growth/improvement in WvW—in ways that have been explored to the point where all that’s needed is action. Things take time, yes, but I’m not going to carry on just with the vapors of hope.

They don’t have to drop something as big as the last expansion, though.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Changes that impact gameplay are what people here do not want. /shrugs

Strange, the game mode just feels more and more boring/stale to me. My hope is that they would keep developing it and working on it. I think it has a lot of potential to expand, but right now just seems very stagnant. And for me, that just doesnt evoke any enthusiasm for it.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

I’m back to semi-hiatus (because no red BL q_q), which makes it easier to wait out changes. However, I’m also hoping for something to ship with the expac. There’s tons of room for growth/improvement in WvW—in ways that have been explored to the point where all that’s needed is action. Things take time, yes, but I’m not going to carry on just with the vapors of hope.

They don’t have to drop something as big as the last expansion, though.

Yeah I am at the same point personally, so weird to part with a game you have been part of for years, but I got to reach a point where I am realistic about it, and I cant help this feeling that this game mode is going the way of Quake Wars. I remember me and my friends kept waiting for new content for that game, we were willing to pay for easily, but it just never came. We just realized one day it wasnt coming and left. kitten shame too!

in WvW

Posted by: Adamarc.7463

Adamarc.7463

With good reason. Most of the changes were poorly thought out, poorly balanced and poorly implemented (broken for months).

The Raging Storm

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think that the only WvW update in the new xpac will be more unbalanced elite specs and a ton of PvE that has to be done to get the best armor stats to take advantage of them.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

I think that the only WvW update in the new xpac will be more unbalanced elite specs and a ton of PvE that has to be done to get the best armor stats to take advantage of them.

Man I really hate that, but I am getting this feeling that you are right. The game director himself said there would be no new WvW content in expansions. I guess come Tuesday, if that expansion announcement confirms it, that might be it for me. Man that is strange to say.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Dunno man. As it currently stands I’m more or less neutral WvW even gets glanced at these days.

I imagine any update WvW receives will be shipped alongside whatever new PvE/PvP content is ready and not necessarily tied to xpac launch, however, it would be nice to have a feature pack developed in terms of WvW class separate balance to name just a teardrop of the many wishful thoughts…

Right now I’m bored of the stale meta. HoT classes shaked things up a bit but the pot’s been boiling for too long now. Would love to see new skills/traits added for support roles or even rework of lesser used skills.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Dunno man. As it currently stands I’m more or less neutral WvW even gets glanced at these days.

I imagine any update WvW receives will be shipped alongside whatever new PvE/PvP content is ready and not necessarily tied to xpac launch, however, it would be nice to have a feature pack developed in terms of WvW class separate balance to name just a teardrop of the many wishful thoughts…

Right now I’m bored of the stale meta. HoT classes shaked things up a bit but the pot’s been boiling for too long now. Would love to see new skills/traits added for support roles or even rework of lesser used skills.

I think what worried me the most from his statement was that he considered the feature pack to be big. Maybe its just me, but it didn’t feel all that big. And if that is considered big for WvW, I dont foresee any really big changes coming down the pipeline.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

It seemed like a huge content release to me, as it brought back old vets and also brought in new players to WvW such that we’re seeing queues and populations that haven’t been seen in a while because of the new rewards system. They don’t need to release anything else as part of the next expansion, or even live for that matter, because most have calculated the rewards in WvW will take years to obtain. I also agree about the part where whining led to many new features going away, including the new forms of portable siege and having 3 DBLs in the rotation. Haven’t you noticed that all the WvW polls have long since dried up? All those did was bring more division and bickering…

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

It seemed like a huge content release to me, as it brought back old vets and also brought in new players to WvW such that we’re seeing queues and populations that haven’t been seen in a while because of the new rewards system. They don’t need to release anything else as part of the next expansion, or even live for that matter, because most have calculated the rewards in WvW will take years to obtain. I also agree about the part where whining led to many new features going away, including the new forms of portable siege and having 3 DBLs in the rotation. Haven’t you noticed that all the WvW polls have long since dried up? All those did was bring more division and bickering…

Probably means your definition of content defers than others. For me, this was just a big feature creep update to add in rewards. No playable content was added. Balance hasn’t really been adjusted for the better of anything…woo condi revs.

So yes, this is a major let down in my opinion.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Then only big update WvW needs is balance, but it’s population balance and skill balance.

We’ve seen a couple of tries by Anet devs in the WvW forums to discuss population balance but locking, linking are all that’s happened, which haven’t solved the issue. There’s still no dis-incentive to stack or to stay stacked.

As for skill balance, that’s controlled by the PvP and PvE sides. How many WvW skill balance issues have been discussed in these forums?

Can we finally get away from having to have two guardians in every squad?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Do you think they have stopped developing those things altogether? If so, it just diminishes any remaining hype I have for the game/game mode. I was hoping that the expansion would spark that hype again.

I think they will keep developing with the people they have. I do not think they will ever dump resources into it like the DBL launch though.

I’m hoping for a tropical beach type wvw map with palm trees, sand, blue waters, rocky cliff shores, sink holes, shallows and whatnot. Alpine isn’t so successful merely because of its layout, it’s a very chill map environment.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

A: They don’t sell stuff for WvW.
Expacs create partitions between buyers and nonbuyers.. Can’t have that in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Only thing on my mind: Do not repeat the mistake of HoT. That nearly killed the entire game for me, and there are people I will never see in this game because of it.

The most important thing to me is whatever there is gets beta tested in a timely fashion and they need to take the feedback seriously. Don’t just grab random streamers, but people that actually play WvW. They did not heed the warnings people posted about the DBL and nobody was surprised when it actually happened.

I think Anet has learned a bit of things since then. Just don’t forget.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

A: They don’t sell stuff for WvW.
Expacs create partitions between buyers and nonbuyers.. Can’t have that in WvW

Well they created partitions in wvsw last expansion. You could barely stay competitive if you didn’t have the masteries, most vanilla builds and classes got completely scrapped. You’d be lucky to find 1-2 vanilla builds that were worthy against the new masteries.

And they added shield generators and hot specific loot/consumables that made a huge difference in ur ability to play (food, utility). And ur forgetting shield generators. When those were shipped they were very very powerful with no disablers there and no diminshed stats.

SO yes, they do ship buyable content in wvsw….the problem is the pricetag on the content is a full price release! You need smaller buyables that offer utility rather than blatant incombat advantages.

I expect the same thing to happen in the next expansion. And I expect them to potentially gate existing content behind the new expansion as a way to sell copies (something else they did with hot, it was limited to pve modes like fractals though thankfully).

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Bottom line is, not enough people play WvW to make it worth ANets time to bother with it.

The sooner we all accept this, the sooner we can all just move on.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I was wondering, for those who read the Reddit AMA, maybe I am interpreting this incorrectly, does it sound like the next expansion will have no new WvW content?

“We shipped the big Competitive Feature Pack last month because we think that competitive updates work better as live content. We’re not holding onto PvP or WvW feature updates for the expansion. We’ll continue to ship them live.
Mo”

If the competitive feature pack was the big release package for that mode, it doesnt seem very substantial or big to me at least. Maybe its this slow realization that WvW , the only reason I stay with this game is just not going to get any major updates anytime soon. And if that “major” update is a feature only update and not content, it seems really lackluster.

I personally don’t think spvp and wvw updates should be part of and tied to expansions. They should both have their own teams working on updates to the 2 modes continuously, not part of an xpac team.

Having said that yes the feature update was extremely thin and IMO shows that anet have pretty much put both competitive modes into essentially maintenance mode with no further big upgrades to come.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Bottom line is, not enough people play WvW to make it worth ANets time to bother with it.

There is very EASY remedy to this, but Arenanet once again missed it.

Pve players play for rewards. Arenanet brought more rewards to WvWvW, but made them to time consuming and difficult to obtain that the pve players gave up very quickly.

Desolation has a massive pve population. When the WvWvW patch hit we had long queues on all maps for few days. After 1-1,5 weeks the pve population and queues were gone.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Pve players play for rewards. Arenanet brought more rewards to WvWvW, but made them to time consuming and difficult to obtain that the pve players gave up very quickly.

Desolation has a massive pve population. When the WvWvW patch hit we had long queues on all maps for few days. After 1-1,5 weeks the pve population and queues were gone.

Compared to a new PVE map the numbers are sad.

There is no money to be made from WvW, they figured this out in 2013

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Compared to a new PVE map the numbers are sad.

There is no money to be made from WvW, they figured this out in 2013

well i knew from the beginning WvW is where you burn your resources and all of the other mmo ive played

why do they burn resources at that game mode?
-because there you’ll find the good stuffs and Godly items, recognition to the entire community, competetiveness, etc etc etc

why do people ask gold in WvW?
-simple answer is they are PVE players not WvW players

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

I’m curious as to what ppl mean by ‘content’ in this thread. To me, the players make the content in wvw all anet does is provide a framework for that to happen, like dungeon master tools in a solo rpg. So the only thing anet can really do is balance patches, new maps or new shinies and all of those things carry the risk of irritating as many ppl as they excite . . .

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m curious as to what ppl mean by ‘content’ in this thread. To me, the players make the content in wvw all anet does is provide a framework for that to happen,

Thats true in a sandbox game not a theme park game like GW2. In terms of WvW the actual framework needs changing because its poor.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

^This. plus probably more condis to spam.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Mo”

Not sure what else you’re expecting.

I don’t think they will “rock the boat” when it comes to any other type of updates to the game mode, because frankly this community is finicky and cry about every change good or bad. Instead of working for better changes we have people running around in here telling them to delete stuff instead.

What should they change anyways? The community can’t decide or agree on anything, there have been dozens of ideas floated out there with no real support. Mike says we now drive the mode in what we want, but we never come to a general consensus on what needs to be change, every single person has their own idea on what wvw should be, so yeah good luck getting any game play changes.

The new reward system was a big content release for wvw, and basically the final big piece of updates throughout the last year that they had planned for. If you’re expecting regular game changing updates like what pve gets, then you haven’t been paying attention to wvw development, you’re expecting too much, you’re playing the wrong mode.

The only content to maybe hope for in the expansion is a new map, everything else is shipped when it’s ready, they won’t wait for one big fat update for the expansion is what Mike was saying, which is what they probably tried to do with HoT.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Mo”

I don’t think they will “rock the boat” when it comes to any other type of updates to the game mode, because frankly this community is finicky and cry about every change good or bad. Instead of working for better changes we have people running around in here telling them to delete stuff instead.

What should they change anyways? The community can’t decide or agree on anything, there have been dozens of ideas floated out there with no real support. Mike says we now drive the mode in what we want, but we never come to a general consensus on what needs to be change, every single person has their own idea on what wvw should be, so yeah good luck getting any game play changes.

The new reward system was a big content release for wvw, and basically the final big piece of updates throughout the last year that they had planned for. If you’re expecting regular game changing updates like what pve gets, then you haven’t been paying attention to wvw development, you’re expecting too much, you’re playing the wrong mode.

The only content to maybe hope for in the expansion is a new map, everything else is shipped when it’s ready, they won’t wait for one big fat update for the expansion is what Mike was saying, which is what they probably tried to do with HoT.

I respectfully disagree with you. They are over looking WvW as they themselves do not have any idea where to go with it. When they take polls they poll PvE and PvP players as well. I am not sure how it would work, but only those who are WvW Veterans should get to vote on WvW Changes and vice versa. Again not sure if they can do that somehow, but it would give them a much better idea of where to go with it.

For me I would change the heave condi that is the new kittenty metta, and I would put servers back to stand alone, no more linking. I have never played WvW for rewards, only for the fights. And as of late there is a lack of open field fights. I would like to see that change. Maybe they can take people with a rank of 1500 or better to vote on changes and see what happens.

Anyways just my two cents I guess.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Mo”

At least for me personally, and it sounds like you and others feel differently, the game mode with no new content in terms of maps, mechanics will stagnate. At least it feels that way to me, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that its exactly what it feels like to me. I give the analogy back to Quake Wars because the exact same thing happened, it was an amazing game, had some really cool ideas, had alot of potential, but nothing was ever expanded upon or added. No new maps, weapons, ideas etc.

I am sorry they have had such trouble implementing new ideas, but again personally, I dont want them to necessarily stop. Maybe they can consider new ways of implementing ideas? More beta testing, more open development for constant feedback and adjustments?

Getting back to the original question, I dont think you read his statement the same as me, which is to say, even a new map, doesnt seem likely for the expansion. Well I think getting to your statement, maybe you are playing the wrong game mode, I think the more likely answer I am coming up with nowadays is that I am playing the wrong game. But again that is personal realization I have come to slowly over time, and others feel differently, but nevertheless.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

I respectfully disagree with you. They are over looking WvW as they themselves do not have any idea where to go with it. When they take polls they poll PvE and PvP players as well. I am not sure how it would work, but only those who are WvW Veterans should get to vote on WvW Changes and vice versa. Again not sure if they can do that somehow, but it would give them a much better idea of where to go with it.

I think some of you put too much stock in pve players voting. Do people honestly think pve players give two kittens about wvw that much? The in game notices go to players who wvw, the vote thread is in the wvw section of the forums. The “pve” suggestions like mobile cannons and repair hammers have been voted down. But oh right the desert map stayed because pve players voted on that, not the wvw players that compromised and actually did want a new map and not get it outright deleted. It would have been nice for anet to continue working on that map though but oh well.

You’re right they have no idea where to go with wvw because like I said everything they bring people just cry about it and just want it deleted. But players themselves have no clue either, there are people here who only care about simple fights, bang your heads against each other for 2 hours and you’re done for the day.

There’s barely any changes they can make without population playing a factor, something we messed up and continue to mess up but complain and cry to anet to take responsibility to fix. Not that they don’t have any fault in there, but it’s like to the point where anet needs to build safety barricades around every player so they don’t keep harming the system.

For me I would change the heave condi that is the new kittenty metta, and I would put servers back to stand alone, no more linking. I have never played WvW for rewards, only for the fights. And as of late there is a lack of open field fights. I would like to see that change. Maybe they can take people with a rank of 1500 or better to vote on changes and see what happens.

We have already seen that the wvw team has no control over the combat meta, you all can cry, shout, plead, demand them to change that all you want, but you’re barking up the wrong tree. THAT you can blame pve players for. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-Builds-has-ruined-this-game-for-me/ Condition play is here to stay because they have no problem with it.

You ask for them to unlink servers, because you see a lack of open field fights lately…. what exactly do you think will happen when links are broken and servers become even smaller?

I am sorry they have had such trouble implementing new ideas, but again personally, I dont want them to necessarily stop. Maybe they can consider new ways of implementing ideas? More beta testing, more open development for constant feedback and adjustments?

I’m up for new content, many are not. Read the threads, many of the suggestion ones are fill with just plain no’s, barely any suggestions to make a possible idea greater, just no. We have the biggest form of 24/7 feedback, the forums. Tons of suggestions have been presented and a lot have actually made it into the game, but a lot get shot down without a second thought.

Getting back to the original question, I dont think you read his statement the same as me, which is to say, even a new map, doesnt seem likely for the expansion.

Well I think getting to your statement, maybe you are playing the wrong game mode, I think the more likely answer I am coming up with nowadays is that I am playing the wrong game. But again that is personal realization I have come to slowly over time, and others feel differently, but nevertheless.

I said the only thing you can “hope” for from the expansion is a new map, because it’s something for them to make a big deal over and include with the expansion content talk, like the desert borderlands. Everything else they will release when it’s ready, not saved for the expansion, that’s all he’s saying.

Having said that I don’t think they have a new map for it anyways, not when McKenna came out and said that a new map was never promised back with the old desert voting. Why bother saying that in the forums if a map was in the works, and she doesn’t comment much in the forums in the first place.

I’m not playing the wrong game mode, I’m just not really playing anymore. The only reason I came to gw2 was for wvw, I played since release with some gaps for breaks. I sunk all that time in the game mode and don’t feel like I have much to show for it. 2300+ ranks? who cares. New chest pieces with glow wings? earned 1 not grinding 12 weeks for the other 2. New legendary back? yay another 4 months of ticket grinding. They won’t tweak the ticket system, so I just don’t care anymore.

Play the game just for fun? well I would think that’s what kept me playing all that time, but a lot of that went out the windows with the trait and skill and condition blow up of the expansion. Combat was fun for 3 years, it isn’t anymore.

People can keep coming in here and asking for new content, but the players need to actually work for that and support ideas that may seem good enough for anet to listen to and implement. It starts with the players doing a proper job of creating, supporting and building ideas. Not just no, and delete.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I wait EotM overhaul.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I was thinking the same thing when reading that comment…
Guys, Lets be 100% real and honest here, As much as it pains me to say that: If WvW content is only going to be shipped with live updates and not expansions, that means there isn’t going to be any major mechanic/map/whatever that will be thrown in. The truth is that there’s a limit to live update’s scope, and it will never be big enough for anything major.
He explicitly said there isn’t going to be anything big for WvW with expansions, I can only infer from this that there isn’t going to be anything big at all.

They were once talking about a big WvW overhaul, but that talk seem to have faded away. I think that was the biggest update we’ll have guys.
It was great, it brought a lot of population that was definitely lacking, but there are still a lot of room to improve, even little tweaks could help out a lot, but I think these tweaks are a lot we’re ever gonna get.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

(edited by SrebX.6498)

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

They were once talking about a big WvW overhaul, but that talk seem to have faded away. I think that was the biggest update we’ll have guys.

Parts of that has already been shipping, the only major part missing is the alliance setup.

I don’t know why you guys are reading so much into this. They said last year they were going to break updates up and release something when it’s ready to ship, not keep it together and release one big fat update, that’s the mistake they made.

If you guys are going to look at the reward update as a “minor update”, then there probably isn’t going to be an update big enough to satisfy you other than a new game.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

“People can keep coming in here and asking for new content, but the players need to actually work for that and support ideas that may seem good enough for anet to listen to and implement. It starts with the players doing a proper job of creating, supporting and building ideas. Not just no, and delete.”

I have to believe that the onus is on Arenanet to fulfill that promise of new content and material. I see this shifting of responsibility on to the player base from several others as well, and I could agree with that if the player base were given the tools and knowledge to build new material, ideas and mechanics. But I dont see them actively doing so on Arenanet’s part aside from the few polls we have had in the past. But I think as others have stated, they most likely made a business decision that no new content will be produced in any substantial way.

in WvW

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

They could just mention that they would consider adding WvW to the skill balance rotation for the next expansion. But since they still think that ‘WvW players love PvE’ it kind of goes to show why we still have PvE traits. I thought ‘open world PvP’ or perhaps ‘Realm vs Realm (RvR)’ were terms but clearly, half a decade in, neither of which exists within their vernacular.

Perhaps what we require is either a change of game or change of Game Director to help plead our case. Currently neither the GW2 product nor the man have 20/20 vision and especially, certainly no fore-sight or knowledge into the operations of RvR (WvW aka perhaps what they affectionately refer to as PvE Player vs PvE Player).

Can someone from ArenaNet simply state what the company believes it’s vision of WvW is like? Perhaps we, the players, have a different understanding of what we should be expecting out of this game mode. I personally would like to see the two (visions) married.

Alliances are trivial, will act as a minor distraction and is at best pure dribble until the topic of skill balance and how important it is to WvW/RvR aka PvEPvPvEP is approached and addressed.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

I have to believe that the onus is on Arenanet to fulfill that promise of new content and material. I see this shifting of responsibility on to the player base from several others as well, and I could agree with that if the player base were given the tools and knowledge to build new material, ideas and mechanics.

And why wouldn’t they shift it to the players? they keep get kitten about not listening to players and developing what they want for wvw, so now the players dictate what is developed for wvw and you want to throw that back at them?

You don’t need to know their tools and knowledge to for anything, if something needs new technology they will try to build it, like they have for all the stuff they released in the past year. Just don’t come offering insane ideas that no other game even has, or has even been attempted.

But I dont see them actively doing so on Arenanet’s part aside from the few polls we have had in the past. But I think as others have stated, they most likely made a business decision that no new content will be produced in any substantial way.

You guys are choosing to over read his comments as “hey no content for the expansion therefore we’re never making content for wvw ever!”. He simply stated what they have been doing the past year, releasing content for the competitive side of the game when it’s ready(for free mind you), and not holding anything back for the expansion.

I can’t believe I’m defending Mike here.

Perhaps what we require is either a change of game or change of Game Director to help plead our case. Currently neither the GW2 product nor the man have 20/20 vision and especially, certainly no fore-sight or knowledge into the operations of RvR (WvW aka perhaps what they affectionately refer to as PvE Player vs PvE Player).

Perhaps you should check who’s the president and current game director, it’s the one and same Mike O’Brien, so good luck going over his head to plead your case. A new director who’s been working on the expansion will be taking over soon. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-message-from-the-game-director/ It’s pretty obvious Mike doesn’t care about wvw, who knows about the new guy.

Also pretty sure what you’re playing now is what their vision is, they haven’t attempted to overhaul it in 5 years. They probably won’t in the future given how difficult it is for the wvw community to accept any change, even when they hate the current situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Translation: “We suck at this RvR stuff.”

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

New maps are fine if they’re well designed (take your time please anet and don’t repeat the desert borderland disaster). New mechanics are fine if they don’t negatively impact the pace of fights (again thinking of desert borderlands). New siege is just an all out terrible idea.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Solitude.2097

Solitude.2097

If they explicit mention in the livestream , that you dont need to buy the expansion in order to access the future big content updates (just like Desert Bordelines) then i will be happy .

(and the same MUST be mentioned for the legendaries weapons , that couldnt be created in HoT)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Its all good they need to start separating stuff if they cant do it all at once and end in borked content for WvW…

imo its better this way… they might be trying to avoid another HoT, that thing was awfully in many ways…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

“And why wouldn’t they shift it to the players? they keep get kitten about not listening to players and developing what they want for wvw, so now the players dictate what is developed for wvw and you want to throw that back at them?

You don’t need to know their tools and knowledge to for anything, if something needs new technology they will try to build it, like they have for all the stuff they released in the past year. Just don’t come offering insane ideas that no other game even has, or has even been attempted."

I think you misread my statement completely, you shift the responsibility of creating new content to the players without giving them the tools and means to create it. As in, I would agree with you shifting that responsibility as you do in other posts if they had the tools to create new content. Businesses work on a model on providing products to customers for them to purchase, and if you are not providing content/products, then people arent going to buy into your game.

“You guys are choosing to over read his comments as “hey no content for the expansion therefore we’re never making content for wvw ever!”. He simply stated what they have been doing the past year, releasing content for the competitive side of the game when it’s ready(for free mind you), and not holding anything back for the expansion.

“I can’t believe I’m defending Mike here.”

No people are quite clearly saying there is no new content coming from them in any substantial way. People are waiting for new content. Then your argument keeps going back that the lack of new content is due to the community. Its not true, they are company that needs to make money and incentivize people to purchase it. They arent going to keep putting time and money into it. As someone else said the game is a theme park not a sandbox. If the theme park is not producing new content in any substantial way people arent going to keep going back.

“They probably won’t in the future given how difficult it is for the wvw community to accept any change, even when they hate the current situation.”

You keep shifting that responsibility of new content onto the community and player base for lack of content. I dont know what to tell you, its not the business model and its not the truth. Businesses take constant feedback from their customers, incorporate it and keep going and expanding. They keep growing and keep the new things that customers like and rework things that didnt get such positive feedback.

(Let me add one more thing “(for free mind you),” , this is a false argument that gets brought many times. Nothing is free. When a game like Gw2 works off a no monthly payment model, you are buying into the game through other things. MMO developers have talked about this before in the past , free to play games work off things like gems, which people pay for aesthetics etc. So you dont pay a monthly fee for WvW, but you purchase items from the gem store to support the game.

People also pay in time. I remember an interview with an MMO developer once who was asked “Do you not mind if some people never pay anything into your MMO game, even including gems?”. He said “Absolutely, they enhance the experience by being in the game”. What he was saying, is that people invest time into games. They enhance other’s experience by participating in the game so someone who pays alot of money into the gem store/expansion, wont be running looking pretty with no else around to admire it or participate with that person.)

(edited by MuscleBobBuffPants.1406)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

the future big content updates

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Haven’t you notice that people don’t want new WvW content.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch