GF NSP, Too bad someone had to orb hack

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

12:04am… ANV protected Orb hops up and miraculously teleports itself 500 feet at a time from hills to garrison. No breach of walls or gates, no mesmers inside (we’d swept every 5 minutes for the past hour.) I’ve had great fights with you tonight FINE and TBH guilds, but that was really quite disrespectful and sad to see. I hope you can both call out the person who stole the orb using hacks, and stop that from happening again.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

in WvW

Posted by: Kiyoni.5734

Kiyoni.5734

I agree, and I’m not going to blame the whole server as a whole of course, it was probably done by a single individual that doesn’t care about anything.

This completely destroys servers morales, and it was really not needed.

in WvW

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

Yes, we all saw it. The Orb was taken in a fortified keep with a waypoint, and we could teleport on it. No wall was breached, nothing. It took about 5 seconds for the carrier to reach their garrison.

If anyone in Northern Shiverpeaks saw the hacker, please report him. It’s really aggravating for the morale and we don’t even feel like playing WvW anymore if people hack like this.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Wasted.5964

Wasted.5964

We know that nobody was in the keep because we could still waypoint in, I have never seen an orb move that quickly. Was it that hard NSP to take the orb back by legitimate means, I mean come on guys its a game. This is frustrating, we were having so much fun repelling your attacks and all that good stuff and then this happens. I r sad panda.

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

confirming orb mysteriously vanished from our fortified keep and is now in Northern Shiverpeaks hands.

Shameful display. Not like we weren’t outscored 5:1 and down 2 orbs before this happened.

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

(edited by yertle.5837)

in WvW

Posted by: Aephyx.2351

Aephyx.2351

Yeh that was pretty shameful. You guys at NSP were putting up good fights, but to have something like this go on is what’s giving you guys a bad name. Did the hacker really felt you guys needed 3 orbs that bad?

in WvW

Posted by: Shivy.8031

Shivy.8031

Confirmed, I was fighting at Greenlake when this happened (am on the Anvil Rock server). 1 minute we have orb, next minute with keep under attack warnings, no walls down, the orb is gone and with the NSP in their garrison… SO DEPRESSING HOLY CRAP.

in WvW

Posted by: Admiral Zombie.8624

Admiral Zombie.8624

Orb flew in a straight line, travel time from the keep to the garrison took about all of 5-10 seconds. Anvil rock has been struggling for so long, and when we finally get a foothold this kitten happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Aephyx.2351

Aephyx.2351

The sad part is here is the current score,… and so this has to happen? Really?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Squeal.7142

Squeal.7142

While I hesistant to say this is positively a hack, I was in the map and it’s quite fishy. Waypoint is alive (not contested), All gate is unbroken, and suddenly the orb is reset. When i check the map, it move real fast toward enemy garrison. Other people reading this post might think that this is a loser complaining. I assure you, it’s not.

To GW2 GM, please check the record on this happening, we are quite confused about this.

Rose Forestborn, 80 Ranger,
(Hero)

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

thats the billiont post about flyin hackers…i wonder when Anet gonna do somethin about that…

in WvW

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

Pretty sad, we held out that keep all day and they have to resort to a hacker to get the orb.

in WvW

Rusty.8697

we’re still holding that keep, actually. Second wall has not been breached tonight without hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

You expect them to punish an entire server of innocent players because of a single hacker?

in WvW

Stormcycle.4208

I expect them to review the entire match and how it played out, sure. Wouldn’t you? How many times has this one person, or multiple people done this. How many matches has it affected total?

in WvW

Rusty.8697

No, and you’re avoiding the point here. I thanked the aforementioned guilds for great fights, but your server’s reputation is tarnished because of a single hacker. Perhaps some members of the guilds VK, FINE, or TBH could post and let us know who it was to save face?

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

The entire match and how it played out? A hacker with an Orb of Power would never, ever make such a large difference that we would own the entire map because of one Orb of Power.

Now you’re throwing accusations out that the hacker is from a popular guild. I don’t even understand this anymore. Somehow, you guys now deserve to win because a hacker from another server, when there are hackers on all servers, got some item that gives you a slight boost, one which we’ve had since day one until today.

in WvW

Kiyoni.5734

Krat, we never said the hacker was from a big guild, we are asking for those said big guilds to try to find out who it was – or if they saw it happen, who it was.

in WvW

Stormcycle.4208

No you are misunderstanding what im saying. If you have a hacker to was able to take an orb like that, then its logical to assume that many orb captures of yours were taken like that. So I want ArenaNet to review the match, if its possible for them to do so, to see how many times this person has done this during our match up or in the past, and if there is more than one person doing this.

in WvW

Rusty.8697

I never said that the hacker was from a big guild, again I THANKED them for great fights. The point being, they were the largest groups in the zone, and must have seen something. I’d say your server’s reputation is at stake, but then I took a look at previous posts. Seems this is a popular thing for NSP to do in the past few weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Mikaila.5942

Mikaila.5942

I have been seeing more and more complaints about “fly” hacking. We don’t pay a monthly subscription to this game so I would expect more people in this community to step it up a notch and report someone, even if they are from your own server. Why tarnish your servers reputation by fighting back with Rusty? Rusty is the first person to compliment a server, as he did.

Keep it Clean, Keep it Fun.

Gemma Madock of Defenders of Heroism [Hero]
Happiness is all that matters in life, with it comes everything else. Come be happy with me!

in WvW

Rusty.8697

Thank you Mikaila. I’m known as Silborn of [ANV] on Anvil Rock. Keep it classy, NSP.

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

I’m saying that you guys are absurd for acting like you deserve some sort of compensation for something no one but the hacker himself can change. If I had seen the player, I would have reported him. But I wasn’t on for most of the day, and when I got on, all these complaint threads have started up. I’m simply saying that all of your reasoning behind it makes zero sense.

If the Orb of Power had been stolen before this, presumably with the outrage you guys are making this out to be, there would be more threads about it.

in WvW

Stormcycle.4208

Im saying I want the hacker caught and I want the match reviewed, the hacker or hackers to be permanently banned, and fixes to be implemented to prevent this from happening in the future. You are taking things out of context, calm down their little fella

in WvW

Rusty.8697

there ARE more threads about it. We asked most of the server in map chat to keep posts to this thread. We never asked for compensation, but if you weren’t at fault why are you here posting? Not your fight, buddy.

in WvW

Kiyoni.5734

We never asked for any sort of compensation either man. Sounds like you need to reread the posts.

It just completely destroyed morale. half of us didn’t even want to keep playing after that – but we still did and defended the keep for another 3+ hours.

in WvW

Mikaila.5942

<3 Rusty for clarification.

Gemma Madock of ANV

Happiness is all that matters in life, with it comes everything else. Come be happy with me!

in WvW

Krathalos.3461

Im saying I want the hacker caught and I want the match reviewed, the hacker or hackers to be permanently banned, and fixes to be implemented to prevent this from happening in the future. You are taking things out of context, calm down their little fella

Without screenshots to show anything, there really isn’t anything you could get done through these threads except simple bad mouthing (and before you act like I’m assuming something, making negative threads about a server will give them negative respect).

I also can’t believe you think there’s a way for them to review an entire WvW at all times. They have nothing to lead them on to find the hacker, so you’re asking Arenanet to go on a wild goose chase.

in WvW

Squeal.7142

Actually, considering there’s log on how much damage we hit a monster. There might be log on who put the orb in WvW at certain time. Whoever did that hack, made a really bad mistake.

And yea, agree with stormcycle we don’t ask for any compensation. We just ask A-net to investigate and review the match. If the culprit got banned, It’s enough for me.

(Hero)

in WvW

Posted by: Maddeth.5893

Maddeth.5893

Without screenshots to show anything, there really isn’t anything you could get done through these threads except simple bad mouthing (and before you act like I’m assuming something, making negative threads about a server will give them negative respect).

I also can’t believe you think there’s a way for them to review an entire WvW at all times. They have nothing to lead them on to find the hacker, so you’re asking Arenanet to go on a wild goose chase.

I am not on any of these servers. I was reading through and wanted to post. Why are you getting so defensive over this. They are not pointing fingers, they are simply asking for things to be reviewed as there was a very obvious hack. You are making yourself look suspicious at how defensive you are getting over this. They complimented your server!? What more could you want?

in WvW

Posted by: MasterofKhaos.8903

MasterofKhaos.8903

I was honestly wondering how we had all 3 orbs all of a sudden. I was leading the group that pushed against the west wall and then got pushed out at the 2nd level. We had some fun fights against you guys, but I pulled my group out to run dungeons, you simply had too many defending the keep. We were going to come on around this time to take it from you

I’m not sure who conducted the hack, but if I ever find out who did the hacking I will call them out. We don’t want that behavior here, we don’t need it and NSP has been quite classy so far. I don’t want to see the server degrade to the status of some of the others.

On a side note, keep your heads up. AR keeps giving us good fights on peak hours, its making for a lot of fun. Although I would hope someone makes a suggestion to TFO on how to improve their play. They simply circle zerg every night, and lose their points withing 2 mins of capping them. I’ll admit its frustrating, but the reason its bad for your server is they are taking 15-20 guys and capping things for karma and gold. Points are accumulated every 15 mins so the server isn’t making any progress in the WvW score by capping something only to lose it right away.

Seriously though, some fun fights. Get ready for more later tonight (Tuesday) Its a campaign night for [TBH] we’ll have 50 or so on one of the maps divided up to fight you. I can’t wait

MasterofKhaos
WvW Leader and Co-leader of [TBH]
Co-Founder of Northern Shiverpeaks Council [NSC]

in WvW

Squeal.7142

I was honestly wondering how we had all 3 orbs all of a sudden. I was leading the group that pushed against the west wall and then got pushed out at the 2nd level. We had some fun fights against you guys, but I pulled my group out to run dungeons, you simply had too many defending the keep. We were going to come on around this time to take it from you

I’m not sure who conducted the hack, but if I ever find out who did the hacking I will call them out. We don’t want that behavior here, we don’t need it and NSP has been quite classy so far. I don’t want to see the server degrade to the status of some of the others.

On a side note, keep your heads up. AR keeps giving us good fights on peak hours, its making for a lot of fun. Although I would hope someone makes a suggestion to TFO on how to improve their play. They simply circle zerg every night, and lose their points withing 2 mins of capping them. I’ll admit its frustrating, but the reason its bad for your server is they are taking 15-20 guys and capping things for karma and gold. Points are accumulated every 15 mins so the server isn’t making any progress in the WvW score by capping something only to lose it right away.

Seriously though, some fun fights. Get ready for more later tonight (Tuesday) Its a campaign night for [TBH] we’ll have 50 or so on one of the maps divided up to fight you. I can’t wait

Ow, you’re from [TBH] ? Yea that west wall breach, is a master piece. Really impressive, we only managed to save the keep that time because enough of us managed to get to the inner keep. And you guys really wreck most of our siege in northern wall. We would have problem if there were zerg attack immediately after that.

Well, to be fair about TFO, they do have peculiar campaining style, but some of the sieges in that keep are donation from TFO. Most of us in this thread is from [ANV], btw.

(Hero)

in WvW

MasterofKhaos.8903

Yeah I figured as much, you guys were able to get enough at the inner level to screw us up. Once we realized we weren’t going to pull it off at the inner level I gave the order to take out as much siege as possible to help later in the night. Our initial breach would have been a success but one of your defenders was sweeping the outer wall and saw us. We just had to pray they didn’t get attention in map chat or were apart of a guild. It appears they were.

Anyway, good fight tonight, I’m sure we’ll see [ANV] later tonight for sure. We’ve got a ton of blueprints to use

MasterofKhaos

in WvW

Rusty.8697

MofK, [ANV] will never give you quarter, in the friendliest way of course As far as how the other guilds run, [TFO] mostly run their low levels around capping for XP to level their players. We often have their leader in our Teamspeak, and they bring us siege quite often. [MVP] seems to have left the server in the past few days. [PWN] showed up today, and were assisting us until the orb disappeared. I’m glad we fight you [TBH] players, probably one of the more fun guilds I’ve battled against. We had full fortification buffs running on the keep, and in combination with the single orb buff I think it was an even playing field with your 2 orb buff. That piece of wall you took down on the outer hills, we’ve coined “The ugly duckling” so we can quickly respond to it. We never saw it coming, though! Great fight on the second gate, I swear I’ve destroyed 10+ golems tonight and 30+ trebs. One of the better Wuvwuv campaigns we’ve played! Kudos!

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

@OP; this is just disgusting. It’s obviously no fun for the people losing their orbs, and it’s completely unfair to the 99% of the server who are getting their name smeared by one clown using this exploit. Really hoping that Anet doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to punishing whoever’s responsible.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

INB4 Krathalos.3461 is really the hacker, so defensive. As it stands you are profiting as a server as a result from a 3rd party ‘hack’. This forum post was made to see if anybody from NSP saw this hacker and get that scum bag banned.

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

What time did this happen? I was on till about 1am. Os is Allied with TBH/Fine. We would never approve of any of this to go down So sorry to hear that this had happened. But I am with Krath at the same time. If anyone can provide SS it would be at least somewhat helpful

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Coolmoos.8546)

in WvW

Posted by: Samusen.4578

Samusen.4578

As Guild Leader of FINE and the HOPE alliance, I apologize for the ignorance of a player from my server. You can be assured it was nobody from us, we honor the fact you are still putting up great fights every night and giving us a reason to WvWvW. I am actually now making it my goal that the person in question be found and reported. I refuse to let this happen now or ever again.

Commander Samusen – 80 Warrior
Guild Leader of Fat Insecure Neurotic Emotional[FINE]
Resident of Maguuma

in WvW

Rusty.8697

Thank you Samueson, [TBH] and [FINE] have been giving us great fights every night this week. The tall norn guardian with the ponytail and greatsword who never dies, from FINE — He’s my target!

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

As Guild Leader of FINE and the HOPE alliance, I apologize for the ignorance of a player from my server. You can be assured it was nobody from us, we honor the fact you are still putting up great fights every night and giving us a reason to WvWvW. I am actually now making it my goal that the person in question be found and reported. I refuse to let this happen now or ever again.

Respect +1

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Sincerely from Os guild was well, we do not tolerate third party or any other hacking amongst our guild and allies. If this was not simply another A-net glitch, we assure you that the HOPE alliance had nothing to do with this individual behavior. We have no want or need to hack, we strive to organize and play fairly to achieve goals as a whole. That is what makes the game fun!

Hope this all gets settled!

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: hyttemaier.7950

hyttemaier.7950

This just happend for us also, Vizunah square hacked to steal the orb from far shiverpeaks garrison, can we get some Arenanet reply on this issue, action have to be taken, as this is gamebreaking.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

Remove the orbs until this hack is resolved, just as you disabled Market. It has already became a standard

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

hyttemaier.7950

Yer its kinda sad that some people ruin the gaming experience for others, pointless to fight as it stands, lost the will to play WvW untill this is resolved, hours of work down the drain, /rant off lucky x-com beta just came out.

in WvW

Mikaila.5942

I am happy to see that all servers are upon agreement on this issue. Many of us now have fraps at the push of a button on our computer, so let’s submit to Arena Net the information they require to get people using third party software taken care within the rules of the game.

Well darn, I’ll even give you the site to fill it out:

https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask

Just ranting on the forums about issues will make you feel a little better; however, we need to play within Arena Net’s rules. I know I feel better talking on forums for sure!

Ultimately, Arena Net is responsible for our enjoyment of this game and I hope that this issue is taken seriously as when the next expansion comes out who is to say we purchase. WvWvW is most definitely why I play this game.

Just my thoughts on this issue.

Gemma Madock – ANV

in WvW

MasterofKhaos.8903

Trust me ArenaNet is banning accounts for map-hacking. I’ve received word from Devs that this is the case. The thing is they need people to report the individuals in question. So if you ever see it happen on your server/ our server be sure to repeat these cheaters as they negatively affect our community.

As Samusen said, I will make this my goal for the next few days to uncover the culprit. We want to win, but we want it to happen fair and square. Sorry you guys were victims of a bad apple.

MasterofKhaos

in WvW

Kiyoni.5734

Trust me ArenaNet is banning accounts for map-hacking. I’ve received word from Devs that this is the case. The thing is they need people to report the individuals in question. So if you ever see it happen on your server/ our server be sure to repeat these cheaters as they negatively affect our community.

As Samusen said, I will make this my goal for the next few days to uncover the culprit. We want to win, but we want it to happen fair and square. Sorry you guys were victims of a bad apple.

Don’t take this personally, as if I am jumping down your throat, I know it’s Anets rules.

But, how in the heck are we supposed to report an individual if we never even see them? It’s a bit silly that they require that of the ‘flying’ hack. :P

in WvW

hyttemaier.7950

This sounds good in theory, but reporting a player that for one can fly with the orb ignoring walls/keep doors is hard to catch, and if you saw him/her the report would sound something like this: I would like to report a hacking incident i saw “Vizunah square invader” use a hack to pass through a wall and fly it to safty in their keep, at peak times there is what 500 vizunah square invaders? What arenanet should do it look at the logs, see who took the orb at given time and Ip ban the player.

Something similar happend in warhammer online, ALOT of people complained about it, nothing was done about it and thousands of players left the game, and it never realy recovered from that, but this will not be the issue here Arenanet will take care of this in a proper manner, as its gamebreaking and who wants to play a game where hacking and exploiting is part of the daily tactic.

in WvW

Posted by: RolliPolliBear.3781

RolliPolliBear.3781

Thank you Samueson, [TBH] and [FINE] have been giving us great fights every night this week. The tall norn guardian with the ponytail and greatsword who never dies, from FINE — He’s my target!

As an officer of the [FINE] guild, a lover of WvW, and the “tall norn guardian with the ponytail and greatsword who never dies, from FINE” I am saddened at the fact that someone would do this on our server. I quite enjoyed some of the fights in this match up and hope you guys don’t get disheartened by one mans mistake.