GH-RoF-WsR Goodbye-Head-a-Bashin´

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

After 3 weeks its nearly certain that our servers gonna split into different tiers.

And I have to say that it has been 3 awesome weeks. Even though this week is a little boring on all three servers, i guess we all can agree to that.

To make it a little bit more interesting for all sides and to say goodbye to this excellent match-up with a bang, I have the following proposal:

A final battle on friday night on Gunnar´s Hold Borderlands, where you have to defend your homelands against the gritty invaders of Whiteside Ridge and Ring of Fire.

I think I read somewhere that each borderland can have 200 players on it from each server. I am pretty sure that on a friday night, for a last Hurrah, each of servers can mobilize 200 people for a battle royal.

For the GH Guilds this might be also a great way to put your training to the test. If you guys spend some time in wvw these days, you are propably bored, guarding spiritholme on our borderlands.

For the rest of the week, you will be able to upgrade your whole borderlands (you propably have anyways) and plan your defences, place siegeweapons, assign guilds to defend certain objects etc.

And on friday night at 8 GMT 200 each WSR and RoF will be knocking on your door.

How long can you hold out in an upgraded borderland against twice your numbers? Will we even have enough supplies to assault your Borderlands? Who knows?
Lets find out!

Would be nice to get some feedback from Guild Leaders from all 3 servers on it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Danvell.4259

Danvell.4259

That sounds interesting and fun
Too bad it ends this way, I prefered the old version of our matchup.

Best regards.

Warrior
[Imp] Impact – Gunnar’s Hold
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bubblecat1337

in WvW

Posted by: Shaalil.2014

Shaalil.2014

Yeah as long as i dont get stuck in a queue I’ll definetly be there, even tho I normally hate zerg and do not approve of the way we on gunnar’s are doing right now but I really appreciate you guys keep on fighting.

Both RoF and WSR have all of my respect, and let the best win on friday if this happens

Much love
Mandi Swift

Guardian
[Imp] Impact – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Sounds like good fun to me

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

This has been linked on the gunnars-hold.eu forums, at least on the shouts. Pretty sure most of our people know about this by now.

I won’t be able to get online until at least 9:30pm that night. Formal attire I think for this. Out of my customary all-black into white. Shame it can’t be a tux. Charr in a tux would look ace

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Chyper.1290

Chyper.1290

it’s a great idea!^^ HxH will join the fight!^^

Sephy Maltese,Nazgul [Naz] guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

Confirming there aren’t 200 active wvw’rs on WSR at any time

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Yeh yeh, they’re just observers for the Empire of Great Kesh :p

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

This could be an awesome night. I think i’ve played wvw less this week than i have at any point since release, but i’ll try to be there for this. It may breathe a little life in to what’s been a dreadfully dull week in wvw.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

all shoud join this just for fun, unless you still fight for the second place but I guess, until friday, second place will be clearly decided already

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Doesn’t matter, you can’t get 200 into zone anyway ;D

If this goes ahead, [Imp] shall probably roam another zone rather than sit through the culling and zergs :P We don’t like larger fights to begin with, and we’re not really a fan of “let’s form a big group especially to make use of the culling in our favour” either simply because it’s boring :P But, I’d like to get some decent fights before the end of the week as for far it is a case of being lucky enough to find it before the blob arrives, and that is rather slim. I’m sure all 3 sides will have some people taking advantage of this event to do some sneaky capping, I aim to be there to be a pain

I like the idea, getting one big warzone going and honestly defending is often more fun than attacking. The rigidity may make it less enjoyable but it’s less rigid than GvG fights.

What I mean by rigidity, and why I have not yet made any GvG fights – is that if you run into another guild or another group in open ground, the situation is extremely different. Let’s say you own bay and your opponent owns garrison, you bump into each other around the sentry.. both sides have a retreat point – not to actually retreat to, but to give the impression of. You can drop back luring them away from their safety, making them think you are on the run so they become more reckless, then smash em. In a straight up GvG fight this doesn’t really happen, because no ones going to think “Oh they’re running away!!!” if they pull back, simply “They’re forming up”. You also go in with optimum conditions etc.

This idea has a little of that rigidity, you know it’s coming, you are prepared and there’s no sneaking down 50% of the gate before a defender spots you… but it’s less rigid than the GvG format, because everything and anything goes.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

Personally this does not seem like a very enticing thought to me. Culling, lag, etc. More then likely we will roam other area’s. In fact, I think it’s too bad if this goes ahead. Removes an opportunity for last day sneak attacks to the ‘safe’ GH border :p We’ve tried it before and both failed and succeeded before. It’s just a matter of picking time and place. Guess friday is out of the question then.

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Ventus.9483

Personally this does not seem like a very enticing thought to me. Culling, lag, etc. More then likely we will roam other area’s. In fact, I think it’s too bad if this goes ahead. Removes an opportunity for last day sneak attacks to the ‘safe’ GH border :p We’ve tried it before and both failed and succeeded before. It’s just a matter of picking time and place. Guess friday is out of the question then.

Shhhhhhhhhhh ;P You’re giving too much away !

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Xaoc having pve event planned to open all temples in orr but your proposal seem to be better fun. Count us in if you manage to arrange the event as always I an opened for any discussions and feedback

Cheers

From a mobile device

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in WvW

Posted by: Growltiger.3450

Growltiger.3450

There’s a fair amount of interest in this in the GH community site, we need to get the views of a few more guilds on all sides but after the slightly disappointing end to this three week feud that we’ve caused this week the general feeling is that we would welcome a good scrap to end the encounter with, hopefully, no hard feelings. The previous two weeks have been, by almost universal agreement, the most fun we’ve had for ages.

How much interest is there across RoF / WSR, and would you be interested in a post match mumble get together?

Growl

Sidestrike | Charr Guardian | Cry Havoc – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Here is the idea which came to my mind

1. It is clear GH will win, so on friday points will not matter.

2. We all want to have some fun (i hope)

So my proposal is the following:
Event – Battle for the Ogre Watch !
a. Identify time during Friday
b. We are going to have an event on EB at ogrewatch
c. We propose WSR or ROF to participate – by mutual agreement we give you 60 minutes and 2 supply camps near Ogre Watch to establish your defense, as you know the area is great for defense it is a bottleneck so that you could defend with smaller groups vs bigger groups. After 60 minutes and we contact each other ingame or in voice and initiate the Battle.
Task: hold the Ogre Watch for 30 … 60 … 90 (?) minutes,

We could do like 3 rounds
GH assaults ROF at OW (Ogre Watch) and WSR assaulting GH as reinforcements
GH defends vs 2 zergs from N and S
ROF + WSR defend inside OW vs GF assault (might be bit hard not to kill each other )

Gimme your thoughts

Regards

Champion of Khorne

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Sounds like a great idea! I’ll be there
I’ve had a great couple weeks against RoF and Wsr, theres been some truly epic fights!
I wish you both all the best for future matchups.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Ventus.9483

How much interest is there across RoF / WSR, and would you be interested in a post match mumble get together?

Growl

I don’t mind a bit of banter on voice chat regardless of fighting

But I wasn’t kidding earlier, we simply don’t have that many active players in wvwvw on WSR ;s You’ve been fighting about 40 people all week

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

40 people should be more than enough to cause a nuisance

in WvW

Ventus.9483

That’s what we were doing isn’t it

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: padmin.8407

padmin.8407

Hello well I could not refrain from answering this I padmin will be at our garrison and I will have that place siege to death with maybe a few supersizes for you so looking forward to seeing you try get in. xd

in WvW

Posted by: Magus.6543

Magus.6543

Not many opponents will necesarily know Padmin.8407 – every regular in HG WvW knows Padmay Dee – propably GH’s most skilled siege player in WvW.

I hope you will take up the challenge : )))

Ps. I’ll be there as well, commanding 20 man tight squad if possible.

Insky | Commander
Praxium [PRXM] | WvW guild on Gunnar’s Hold
http://www.praxium.co.uk – Video collection under “Forum”

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

That’s what we were doing isn’t it

True enough.

And best of luck to anyone brave stupid enough to take on pad at our Garri

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

Queen of Siege \o/

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Actually You meant 4 week matchup? You dont count last week of the Year 2012?

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

The last week of 2012 was RoF/GH/RoS, so it wasn’t exactly the same matchup

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Wanze.8410

Thanks for all the positive feedback and I will make sure to be on GH Borderlands at 8 pm GMT. I am pretty sure GH will be ready to defend their turf and I hope RoF and WsR can field enough invaders to put their defenses to a test.

in WvW

Posted by: Growltiger.3450

Growltiger.3450

Thanks for all the positive feedback and I will make sure to be on GH Borderlands at 8 pm GMT. I am pretty sure GH will be ready to defend their turf and I hope RoF and WsR can field enough invaders to put their defenses to a test.

We’ll be there

You are most welcome to join us on our server mumble at 8PM London time on Friday to agree the battle parameters. This goes to all WSR and RoF that want to end this matchup with a right rumble!

Our website is http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/index.php, details for the mumble server should be there.

Growl

Sidestrike | Charr Guardian | Cry Havoc – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Wanze.8410

Will try to poke my head/voice into mumble tonight.

in WvW

Ventus.9483

I don’t know what the plans are for WSR, from an organisational POV for this event, I’m assuming there are no plans and people won’t be at the party type thing ;s

I’ll come say orright on mumble, in me best yorkshire twang though to make up for it.

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

I don’t think allot of Rof are going to be there so don’t get your hopes up.

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Well we’l be in our BL defending against anyone up to the challenge

in WvW

Ventus.9483

I’ll come on my own and bring down whole keeps solo!

Ed: First attempt unsuccessful, NW Garr gate 99.999%. Someone res plx

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Ventus.9483)