GH V WSR V AS

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Then once you’ve focused Eclipse down to T9 he can complain about FoW and Vabbi focusing.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: mammasaura.5907

mammasaura.5907

Quaggans focus you all with love <3

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

Oh, so I heard Gunnar’s posters are friendly. What is this madness going on atm?

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Access.5689

Access.5689

Im just a random player just speaking for himself.
Unfortunately my favorite thread (the one for T1 EU) is dying so to keep this forum up, i try to keep this thread alive.
And (just read my posts earlier i alreadt stated it many times) i m just trying to make GH admit that they are focusing AS.
Im not saying it is a “big plan” or a “deliberate way” or that you are ignoring WSR or even you have to play a different way nor abandon anything you have conquered but i will just sum up many GH guild representative

- You rushed AS Hills at reset (normal at reset)
- You kept AS Hills since reset (normal in WvW)
- You defend AS Hills (common sense)
- As you have AS Hills you just keep pressure on AS BL
How can you even say its not a focus (again not deliberate/not planned but on field it is working as a clear focus). Or perhaps give your definition of what a focus is?

I too am just a normal person speaking for myself. I’ve been camped in Hills on AS since reset (bar a few hours of sleep each day) and yes i am focusing on AS.
WHY? its not because i have spend so many hours defending, upgrading, reparing etc. etc. but in fact i’m enjoying watching AS build treb after treb in stargrove only to see them being destroyed. you take greenlake, we take it back. its a never ending circle which is quite fun when watching from the inside.

I’m quite looking forward to see what new tactics you can come up with that might actually work. [/troll]

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipse.1567

Eclipse.1567

Seems GH trollers still have to work.
I give you another chance to pull me.

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

You got that wrong Eclipse, we simply don’t care.
We don’t want to be in this tier, we don’t want to fight you guys and it wasn’t our decision. However, this has been explained to you several times now, yet you insist on accusing us of “focusing” on you guys.

I wonder though, name me one good reason why we would want to do that?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I can think of a couple now…

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

That was quite a lot of GH that forced us of EB and most of our borders considering they’re focusing on arbor.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

I dont think Eclipse is giving WsR enuf credit, Gh has pushed wsr bl and got pushed back multiple times.. WsR arnt letting us get near their keeps they dig in n defend, the best defending iv seen from AS so far was Briar on GH bl yesterday.

P.S: Do all AS guys run glass cannon builds? Have lost count of the hundred blades warriors iv stomped into the dirt xD

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Wildblood.2097

Wildblood.2097

Well considering GH are focusing on AS the last 6 hours of running around putting out fires/infernos and taking towers, camps and even Bay back has been pretty full on for WSR.

I for one would hate to see what it would be like if Gunnars focused on us considering the tenacity they are showing in our BL!

I am amazed you guys from AS can send such big groups time and time again considering the absolute hell GH must be putting you through what with all that focusing……

Had lots of good fights and have had to pull off lots of tight saves. Lets keep it up!

TEO -Whiteside Ridge
Ren Wilblood – Necromancer

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Oh, so I heard Gunnar’s posters are friendly. What is this madness going on atm?

Vynt! Nice to see you man

How’s your long weekend going? Having a blast in WvW?

Personally I’m already dreading going back to work on Tuesday, but enjoying a long WvW session with occasional forays into Monaco (you played it? Hit me up if you have it and we’ll go heist some stuff. I’m utterly serious.)

Catch you later <3

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Vynt.5218

Vynt! Nice to see you man

How’s your long weekend going? Having a blast in WvW?

Personally I’m already dreading going back to work on Tuesday, but enjoying a long WvW session with occasional forays into Monaco (you played it? Hit me up if you have it and we’ll go heist some stuff. I’m utterly serious.)

Catch you later <3

Hello there! It’s going quite good, too bad I haven’t had enough time to play WvWvW this weekend. What about you? Do you like the small scaled fights? Like 10men vs 10men taking keeps?

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Hyung.6140

Hello there! It’s going quite good, too bad I haven’t had enough time to play WvWvW this weekend. What about you? Do you like the small scaled fights? Like 10men vs 10men taking keeps?

That sucks, hope you find some time tomorrow (or at least that whatever else you’re doing is as fun!). Myself I’ve fit in a fair bit. Taking in a lowbie necro for her first WvW outing tonight too

Had a lot of fun in a small group in EB yesterday (or possibly the day before, I forget), running as a party of five (with occasional assorted hangers-on coming and going). Managed to take Langor against a similar number of defenders, then got a treb up on blue keep.

More blue defenders arrived, we struggled to hold Langor against them while still hitting the keep, things escalated and much fun was had.

Eventually lost Langor to inevitably growing enemies but only after some pitched battles in the lord room. So yes, some good fights

Plus it was great to be able to achieve anything at all with just a few of us. Suspect my level 10 necro will need to hug a larger group a little more this evening though… :p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Except last week, WSR almost always finishes 2nd, and ever week people from the losing server come here and accuse the winning server of focusing them. I do wonder if they ever considered the possibility that WSR is just better at defending their BL than them? I guess not…

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Ah it’s vynt.
Don’t you have a crusade to nerf arrowcarts mate?
How are your small fights going on? You enjoy tier 7? Don’t you have some more guilds to invite there?
Keep up the good work.

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Hyung.6140

Except last week, WSR almost always finishes 2nd, and ever week people from the losing server come here and accuse the winning server of focusing them. I do wonder if they ever considered the possibility that WSR is just better at defending their BL than them? I guess not…

I think some of us were trying to get this point across :p

WSR has quite a few scary guilds. Mostly ones with tags starting with ‘T’, for some reason.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Vynt.5218

Ah it’s vynt.
Don’t you have a crusade to nerf arrowcarts mate?
How are your small fights going on? You enjoy tier 7? Don’t you have some more guilds to invite there?
Keep up the good work.

The AC nerf is gonna hit the game during the next week so I’m fine. Also took a fully upgraded hills with thousand and one arrow carts inside. Of course we got a little help from the red team that focused the other side of the borderland. (READ THIS: It wasn’t double teaming, the red team just saw an opportunity since the whole german server was defending hills.)

The small scaled 30v30 fights are actually pretty good and enjoying the tier a lot more when the Gunnar whiners and quitters are off.
About the guild invitation thing, it’s pretty sad you still bring this up. We haven’t even invited any more guilds here ^^ Anyway enjoy your training session in t8.

(edited by Vynt.5218)

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

The three-way fight we had in WSR bay tonight was fantastic, a lot of skill and determination shown by all sides. Much respect to you all, except of course Arborstone’s EO guild, who remain a bunch of cheating kitten

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

(edited by fab.3298)

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: DyslexicDwarf.6249

DyslexicDwarf.6249

Great fights right now in EB with [AoK]. Thanks to all involved.

Malki || GM & Commander of Omnium Gatherum [OMNI] || Gunnars-hold.eu

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: mtRXX.8793

mtRXX.8793

Why is AS crying that GH focus on them while WSR is also having alot of activity of both GH and AS in WSR border? Basicly GH has more numbers and lay focus on multiple borders imo.. Maybe AS should stop crying and try to get their own hills back already, or wait, come back to our border instead to get wiped.

Herb The High / Herbaliser / In Between Space
We Be Chilling – High Commander
GH

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I think AS did good with the numbers at their disposal, but I didn’t feel like staying in their BL so I went WSR BL and had a blast! even found some skirmishes (5/5 or two 5/5) and some brave underwater combat. Kudos!

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

I enjoy fighting GH, RoF, Dzag etc alot. It requires us to bring our best game. The 3-way fights at bay and bluelake were very enjoyable. Enough of the ‘focussing’ already. It is clear to everyone with a brain that GH is not focussing AS, they are hitting us equally hard, just look at the map.

Shoutouts to SOE, CHvz, PRXM, Imp, MM etc. at GH, nice fights… god I’ve seen so many guilds today I can’t name you all.

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Eolehyene.9084

Eolehyene.9084

Thanks every one for last evening fights. SOE i’m sorry we had to live your BL to save our last keep on EB.

[OMNI] stop running guys, and fight!

[Tz] Warrior
“Come on hit me, hit me, please, some more,
While my team pounds you into the floor.”

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Tioc.5638

Tioc.5638

The 3 way fights in the BL keeps have been one of the best things over the weekends fights and although GH should win with comparative ease, the match up hasn’t been as one sided as I feared.

TEO ~ staff ele hiding at the back ~ WSR

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Aeryn Knight.4351

Aeryn Knight.4351

indeed its not one sided at all <.<

Attachments:

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

indeed its not one sided at all <.<

Early Morning cap isn’t representative of the matchup balance

[Tz] Warrior

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

DyslexicDwarf.6249

Thanks every one for last evening fights. SOE i’m sorry we had to live your BL to save our last keep on EB.

We haven’t run from a fight yet, as [AoK] and [Mmmm] + pugs will confirm.

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

Hmmm, we ([Tz] + few friendly) saw you 3 or 4 times trying to cap our keeps in EB last night, each time we came, you went back and escape the fight. It’s true we outnumbered a little, but SOE didn’t run back even if we outnumbered them like hell (Good spirit by the way).

Maybe it’s simply no chance and you had something else to do on this map or an other map, but to bad we didn’t fight!

See you on battlefields guys, for great fights!

[Tz] Warrior

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

Again I must compliment the tenacity of WSR. Each week we are outnumbered, each week we have to face servers that have far more organized guilds and each week we have to dump increasingly depressing amounts of gold into upgrading our towers/keeps.

Our newly implemented public chat program has made it a lot easier to compete and I’m pretty happy to have moved to WSR a few months ago.

WBC has a lot to learn still but I’m glad we’re now making an impact on the battlefield. There’s been some good fights so far and it seems less like a blob fest to fight against this week.

It’s fun to see those arrow carts at gates to shoot trough the gate on our defensive siege inside as the only means to get trough our defense. That being said, the arrow carts are currently waaayyy overpowered. Luckily that works both ways, it has saved us as many times as it has destroyed us.

At least we can find some good fights this week without having to face 60+ blobs. See you on the battlefield either with my guild or roaming group.

It’s great fun to have to use my zerg tank to full extent, more of this ! Great fun

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Looks like WSR have a decent night capping team, got us to 35ppt this morning.

Our lack of coverage overnight and in the early morning is a real problem for us but it’s a difficult situation…

On the one hand us losing 5 T3 keeps and SM overnight is not ideal and gets very expensive very quickly, but on the other hand our Primetime force is enough to compete with anyone at this level – we were pretty balanced against RoS when it was just NNF, VcY and RiOT in the evening. Getting numbers overnight and in the morning would mean total domination of this tier, and T7 once RoS leave. That’s no fun either. T7 being the pit it is would make it difficult to get out of too.

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Logged on yesterday evening and went to Arborstone’s borderland, purely because there were 4 people on comms there and none in our other Mumble BL channels.

Went around skirmishing a bit but got stomped if we tried a stand-up fight because we were outnumbered. We got a few more people as the evening went on and were eventually able to do some proper harm. Outstanding work by the guys at Dawn’s. I was puttering around the map poking my nose into places it didn’t belong while listening to the chatter on comms. Every time you guys had incoming I could sense everyone holding their breath. There’d be a pause for a couple of minutes then a sigh of relief as an attack was beaten off. Great stuff

Cheers also to the Arborstone guys for a fun evening

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

Again I must compliment the tenacity of WSR. Each week we are outnumbered, each week we have to face servers that have far more organized guilds and each week we have to dump increasingly depressing amounts of gold into upgrading our towers/keeps.

Our newly implemented public chat program has made it a lot easier to compete and I’m pretty happy to have moved to WSR a few months ago.

WBC has a lot to learn still but I’m glad we’re now making an impact on the battlefield. There’s been some good fights so far and it seems less like a blob fest to fight against this week.

It’s fun to see those arrow carts at gates to shoot trough the gate on our defensive siege inside as the only means to get trough our defense. That being said, the arrow carts are currently waaayyy overpowered. Luckily that works both ways, it has saved us as many times as it has destroyed us.

At least we can find some good fights this week without having to face 60+ blobs. See you on the battlefield either with my guild or roaming group.

It’s great fun to have to use my zerg tank to full extent, more of this ! Great fun

Went yesterday to WSR borderland hoping to cause some trouble there. WSR seem very good at defending their keeps/towers. Cheers for the nice fights, hope we can get more of them this week.

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

mtRXX.8793

Imo i experienced WSR struggling alot in WSR border on defending, unless we got TEO or WBC in it. We lose too many upgraded stuff quite easily and people don’t give a kitten on upgrading anything except the ones that always do.

GH

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

Imo i experienced WSR struggling alot in WSR border on defending, unless we got TEO or WBC in it. We lose too many upgraded stuff quite easily and people don’t give a kitten on upgrading anything except the ones that always do.

You have to teach them, and it’s might be very long. As for fight, you need to teach PU, that’s how you will improve your server’s quality, and your fun in WvW

[Tz] Warrior

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

mtRXX.8793

You have to teach them, and it’s might be very long. As for fight, you need to teach PU, that’s how you will improve your server’s quality, and your fun in WvW

Yeah we’ve been here for quite a while now, we are trying to teach them by saying it and I have seen some improvements but still it really needs to get alot better

GH

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

Yeah we’ve been here for quite a while now, we are trying to teach them by saying it and I have seen some improvements but still it really needs to get alot better

I know that feel, it’s the same on every server, from t1 to t9.

[Tz] Warrior

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Well we arent all made of money :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Yeah how come WSR has so many people on 6-8am? People in Europe doing morning gaming, or do you have some Russians/Asian players?

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

DyslexicDwarf.6249

Hmmm, we ([Tz] + few friendly) saw you 3 or 4 times trying to cap our keeps in EB last night, each time we came, you went back and escape the fight. It’s true we outnumbered a little, but SOE didn’t run back even if we outnumbered them like hell (Good spirit by the way).

Maybe it’s simply no chance and you had something else to do on this map or an other map, but to bad we didn’t fight!

See you on battlefields guys, for great fights!

I see, I see. There was 8 of us, you were a group of 3 times our numbers, no doubt IIRC. I recall trying to pull you guys to SM from Durios, to use our siege on you. I think 3-4 times may be exaggerated. everything we do is tactical, no running involved.

We’ll raid again tonight and Wednesday, be great to have another go

GL one and all!

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

I see, I see. There was 8 of us, you were a group of 3 times our numbers, no doubt IIRC. I recall trying to pull you guys to SM from Durios, to use our siege on you. I think 3-4 times may be exaggerated. everything we do is tactical, no running involved.

We’ll raid again tonight and Wednesday, be great to have another go

GL one and all!

3 times your numbers may be exaggerated to ^^. By memory we saw you on durios twice (maybe once), bravost once, on field once. So 3 or 4 time.

I hope to see you soon guys

[Tz] Warrior

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

@Eolehyene.9084, Malki (DyslexicDwarf.6249) ran with us a few times before his guild moved to GH and i can tell you that he’s not afraid of a good suicide charge

Also can you settle an argument we’re having within SOE atm? Have you recently transferred to AS? Some of us recall fighting you a month or so back when we were on Piken.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

As far as I remember from last week matchup’s thread, they recently moved from Augury Rock.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Eolehyene.9084

As he said, we transferred from AR for last matchup.

I love this spirit, no fear, just jump in!

[Tz] Warrior

(edited by Eolehyene.9084)

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Had some great fights around Arborstones Faithleap/Arah’s Hope/Godslore on my own today, /salute to the Asuran engi that kept coming back for more!
/disagree to the 6+ people it took to kill me in the end – a [NOX] Norn Mesmer.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Lol really AS?… haha that crag stuff was hilarious… honestly.. bit of Benny Hill would have been perfect.

~Dishammer, CHvc

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Nicely defended WSR on your BL tonight. We had some great scrapes.

Poor AS, I think when you guys were beating on Briar on WSR (held by us), you suffered possibly the most perfect pincer I’ve ever seen. Admittedly there was a big element of luck in the timing. Didn’t see AS much the rest of the evening but I know AS were busy over in the east from the reports that were coming in.

Managed to keep the pressure up on Bay but with the WSR defender numbers it was pretty clear we weren’t getting that. We made one assault into the lord room but those numbers plus arrowcarts pretty much meant it was a no go. That said, some great scrapes between the inner and outer walls.

Most times what I notice about WSR (as before) is that usually it doesn’t matter who outnumbers or by how much. Everyone piles in to beat the living snot out of each other. Great stuff

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Also had some great fights against AS. Took bloody ages to get our Bay back off them, and then we managed to ninja their Garri. Great tenacity from AS meant we kept having to go abck north to defend and stopped us mounting a serious Bay assault. Finally get into Bay and get a cry for help from our BL. AS were there. Wipe them there but couldnt get the numbers back to AS garri to save that.

Great evenings fighting and thanks to AS

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

mtRXX.8793

At the point when all our keeps were under attack by zergs, we were like ‘oh kitten this guys let bay burn and put focus on deffing garri and hills’. Apparantly it took a bit too long on bay for you guys to capture it and we got back in time after defending hills. Had to clean alot today, very hard but still nice and enjoyable fights.

Also got Zap out of it so thanks

GH

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I love how AS say they get focused 90% of the time and they prove it with current numbers of points. What I see, myself, is that, unlike AS, WSR actually cares about defending its borderland. I kill hundreds and hundreds of opponents, I get killed dozens of times, yet I play only in my BL. So how is this possible if we don’t defend what’s ours?

AS, stop using the flawed system of Anet to say that GH, Dzagonur and RoF all focus on you when all you do is attack and not defend. Because yes, attacking grants you point on the short term, but you seem to forget that defending grants you points on the long term. While you don’t learn that, please avoid the “they all focus us” complains.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

GH V WSR V AS

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I love how AS say they get focused 90% of the time and they prove it with current numbers of points. What I see, myself, is that, unlike AS, WSR actually cares about defending its borderland. I kill hundreds and hundreds of opponents, I get killed dozens of times, yet I play only in my BL. So how is this possible if we don’t defend what’s ours?

AS, stop using the flawed system of Anet to say that GH, Dzagonur and RoF all focus on you when all you do is attack and not defend. Because yes, attacking grants you point on the short term, but you seem to forget that defending grants you points on the long term. While you don’t learn that, please avoid the “they all focus us” complains.

This is a good post. I feel that WSR do defend with great force and that in comparison, Arbor towers go down with less effort. I find that WSR do like their mega-zergs, but that’s been proven to work on all tiers of the game. I feel that GH need to counter them with our own mega-zergs like we didn’t do enough against RoS (and hence one reason why we’re in this tier now).

I get the impression that WSR could explore the other borderlands a little more, but seem to be (perhaps with some justification) somewhat reserved about doing so.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.