GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Leghyker.1530

Leghyker.1530

At least we won’t have a shortage of camps to capture! Makes for a nice karma train.

Coyote
We Need Therapy
If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking!

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

I guess i would be afraid to move to Kaineng if I was planning a move. If WvW was my thing. I mean it will be a great ride as the Guild transfers carry you up. But they already bailed on one server. If i was moving some where I think id aim for a Server with a standing track record. Id hate move to a server just for the ride and have the guilds bail again.

well, here’s the thing.

before WM, before RE/DE and the Neo alliance

We Kaineng was able to hold with DR.

as I have stated before, which ever tier DR can go, we can go as well, and I strongly believed that.

Kaineng is powerful enough without WM or RE/DE or the Neo alliance.

Sure, with them on board makes us even stronger, but without them, I’m sure we can still get out of T7 on our own.

So if you guys seriously think that Kaineng can get out of T7 just because of them? Then I’d suggest you think again.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

We have queues now!!!??? o.o

guess i should come back soon before the server goes full

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

well, here’s the thing.
as I have stated before, which ever tier DR can go, we can go as well, and I strongly believed that.
Sure, with them on board makes us even stronger, but without them, I’m sure we can still get out of T7 on our own.
So if you guys seriously think that Kaineng can get out of T7 just because of them? Then I’d suggest you think again.

At some point, the “me me me” really needs to become “we we we”.

Or is it [the] intention to diplomatically defecate on the dinner table every time we are about to have a community feast?

Recognize, [some people] used to be a big fish in a small pond. Now [those people] are just another fish in a very large pond.

History will only remember one of two things…

• success
  • those who spoil about success

Which one, is up to the minority.

“A great man is always willing to be little.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.
— Lao Tzu

These things are known.

[ed-to depersonalize. The point is, tone down the anti-newcomer rhetoric. Tone down the chest-pumping and bigotry against WM, RE, and company. It’s disrespectful, hateful, and simply rude.]

(edited by amberlin.5124)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

WM is not large guild, just have 100 member.
But our role will be bigger.

If you can put more than 10 people on a WvW map, you’re bigger than any Gates of Madness WvW guild I know.

Edit: I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining. RH had a lot of great fights yesterday in our borderland. This morning everything is blue and has waypoints so that saved me some gold upgrading.

Hope to learn a lot from this match and hope everyone will have fun!

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chophop.3967

Chophop.3967

We have a very small guild of friends. All we want is good back and forth fights in WvW… Why is this so hard? I’ll tell you…

What makes a good back and forth battle?
-even numbers
-even skill
-even organization

… On paper the above is a recipe for a front line battle.

In GW2, out of those three criteria I gave above, one is a wildy unstable variable … can you guess which one?

People want to win. The variables that people can control in this game that effect WvW performance are; skill, organization, and population. Out of those the easiest variable to control is population becuase of the ability to transfer to a larger more active WvW server, i.e. increasing your numbers.

Skill takes time,
Organization takes communication, but …

…Increasing numbers in your favor takes a couple mouse clicks…

Until server transfers are restricted, this will continue to be a commonality in WvW.

p.s. I’m on Kaineng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: cznrhubarb.5946

cznrhubarb.5946

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM, but the week is yet young…

You make a comment that sounds dismissive of sniping, and then proceed to snipe yourself.

And it’s funny, because I was kinda feeling the same thing about Kaineng.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: sheldon.3825

sheldon.3825

HOD here, I must say this Kaineng bum rush is great for badges! Its awesome to farm the tourists they drag along.

idk how many badges u earned but i earned 125 badges last night fighting with ya lol

Valkyrie Slayer Warrior [Commander]
Shelenn Elementalist / Pink Cloak Thief / Valkyrie Templar Guardian
Member of [GR] from Kaineng Server

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

well, here’s the thing.

A matchup of GoM vs Kaineng before they got their transfers would have been a great battle!! Too bad we’ll never see it.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Guys, who cares if people get the perception that WM is what made you move up in tiers. Just be grateful you have WM. I know TC could definitely use WM and would welcome them with open arms.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Guys, who cares if people get the perception that WM is what made you move up in tiers. Just be grateful you have WM. I know TC could definitely use WM and would welcome them with open arms.

I think most of us are cool with them being here…most of us aren’t trying to push them out or anything. In my personal opinion everyone is welcome…but I’m not -grateful- to have -anyone-. Chaster included, and I like Chaster. They should be grateful to be lucky enough to be on Kaineng. No Guild is so “Great” and “Grand” that I need them to make Kaineng better, the only thing more Guilds will do is move us higher up the Ranks. As for who cares about the Perception?…Those of us who fought with every fiber of our being to keep DR at bay…Those of us who spent hour after hour fighting 5v1 odds and while never truly winning, also never truly losing…We who put everything into getting what we’ve earned care. I get it…some people are proud of rising through the Tiers and reaching Tier 1 or whatever…we’re proud we could put up a better fight than most Tiers above us have against DR despite the number difference. I remember nights in the KBL defending with -three- people…3 of us…and we held. Sure we lost/flipped Camps…but we managed to hold our Towers…our Keeps.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM, but the week is yet young…

You make a comment that sounds dismissive of sniping, and then proceed to snipe yourself.

And it’s funny, because I was kinda feeling the same thing about Kaineng.

I’ve seen flashes of brilliance…and stupidity…from all three servers. xD Just to mention some brilliance and not focus on the negative, GoM did an amazing ambush from the one camp they held in our BL last night. Well played, ladies and gentlemen, and you got a bunch of us.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM, but the week is yet young… BTW, to the HoD thief in the BL JP: I went in there knowing what might happen. I was not disappointed.

wow. okay kid. i’m sorry you’re used to zerging and won’t be impressed by anything more than 50 invaders everywhere

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Nodeninja.5321

Nodeninja.5321

I see the sniping has already started. Too bad. I’m not too impressed by what I’ve seen from HoD of GoM, but the week is yet young… BTW, to the HoD thief in the BL JP: I went in there knowing what might happen. I was not disappointed.

Funny, in the hour or so I was out last night, I thought the same thing about Kaineng, at least those that I could get to render on my screen out of the zerglings.

Alot of people are claiming that Kain would be stomping face regardless, but there is no evidence you can present to support that claim with your current zerg guild transfers. We’ll (GoM) just pick off the stragglers and let you be bored for a week before you move up and all your big guilds transfer away again.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I’m not being dismissive. When I say the week is yet young, I mean that HoD hasn’t had a chance to shine. I was up their northern BL last night, and I saw what was going on. If I were HoD, there isn’t much I could do about it. As to GoM, the same thing applies. I’m sure there are good players on both servers, but they need numbers they haven’t got. I was just making an observation after all, but perhaps a singular viewpoint from Kaineng is not welcome here….

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I’m not being dismissive. When I say the week is yet young, I mean that HoD hasn’t had a chance to shine. I was up their northern BL last night, and I saw what was going on. If I were HoD, there isn’t much I could do about it. As to GoM, the same thing applies. I’m sure there are good players on both servers, but they need numbers they haven’t got. I was just making an observation after all, but perhaps a singular viewpoint from Kaineng is not welcome here….

not when it’s considered the viewpoint. i recommend wording replies like this so they’re not degrading to 2/3 of the servers

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

OK, my bad. Not the best in the communications department…ignore my 1st post then. I don’t mean to offend anyone.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

Kaineng outnumbers us, HoD is full of fail, and for some reason tier one guilds like to jump on the up and coming servers when they join GoM’s teir… So I am done, I stayed through the orb hacking and the mass exodus we had then, TCMM & PRO leaving us, and the last wave of guilds leaving that caused us to fall way behind BP and AR (before everyone jumped ship those BP, AR, GoM wvws were some of the best world pvp I have been apart of)… I cant find PvE groups for anything but fractals and AC, Cursed shore is a ghost zone now, and the overall server population is dead… I didnt want to bail but I enjoy GW2 the MMO not the single player console RPG.

I hope nothing but the best for you GoMers staying here, my overall hope is that they merge tier 8 servers and 7 into two or three servers and give you guys a chance one day.

TCMM & PRO were afterthoughts for many months now and even when they were around they did little but add bodies to the fight and bickering in the chat. Anyone from GoM launch knows some weeks are for skirmishes, some for zergs, some for defense. I for one loved WvW last night as I always do because my guild did not concern itself with the score choosing to instead focus on the skirmishes. Kain came in like a hurricane and lost every significant fight my group had in their borderlands eventually going so far as to alt-log into GoM toons to fake join, troll, and ultimately follow us. The subterfuge was flattering but unnecessary as it did nothing to stop us from continuing the enjoyment we had for hours. Of little concern too is the fact at this very moment are the afk spies in EB & GoM borderlands warcamp from guilds I’ve never seen since launch.

Point is, don’t leave our server as it’s just another faceless opponent who got the jump on us perhaps using new tactics or maybe just shear numbers but who can also do little to stop what is fun in situations like this and is something we’ve always known at heart here in GoM… Get with your people, pick the fights when you can while always staying tight, mobile, and ignorant to anything but the kill count until the time is right to pick up objectives.

I’m sure HoD will be happy to join with us in obliging this weeks mole hill called Kain.

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: SimplySuccor.6387

SimplySuccor.6387

I’m not being dismissive. When I say the week is yet young, I mean that HoD hasn’t had a chance to shine.

We’ll never have much of a chance to shine in the face of such overwhelming numbers. We may have pluck and persistence as evidenced by our refusal to walk away from our server after TA ditched us and the ensuing freefall but regardless of our persistence or skill, when facing groups four times our numbers and higher, there’s not much we can do ‘to impress you’.

I sincerely wish we could but you’re probably only going to get the odd tower breakout and camp harassing and not much more this week until a fair sized chunk of your population gives up washing over our smaller numbers and we get a chance to fight numbers that we have a chance against.

Just accord us the same respect that you would have wanted to or did receive during your tier 8 days. I think we all recognize that you are much more organized and/or skilled apart from the larger numbers and we can’t bring to bear the same numbers or matching organization/skill. Not asking for pity nor am I asking for your scorn. Just a recognition of the state of our servers and a playful respect. ^^

Here’s to hopefully a few good battles this upcoming week.

Succor / Guardian

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

i feel sorry for Kaineng same things going to happen to them as all other “Flooded” servers rising through the tier, they eventually run into a tier with even numbers. then they get smashed. then there major guilds leave and they plummet back to the bottom. its a long boring road for them. (If you don’t believe me look at Bp as an example)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

Point is, don’t leave our server as it’s just another faceless opponent who got the jump on us perhaps using new tactics or maybe just shear numbers but who can also do little to stop what is fun in situations like this and is something we’ve always known at heart here in GoM… Get with your people, pick the fights when you can while always staying tight, mobile, and ignorant to anything but the kill count until the time is right to pick up objectives.

I’m sure HoD will be happy to join with us in obliging this weeks mole hill called Kain.

We’ve all had this attitude for some time. As before, hopefully you all don’t lose too many to transfers and we can get back down to a real fight next week. Unfortunately for many servers, one good stomping can cost them a lot of their player base and they have a hard time recovering (Our good friends at SF seem to have been a victim to this. Some may recall them absolutely freight-training us some weeks prior to their fall to T8)

Unfortunately, as when DR rocketed up the rankings a couple weeks before, there are a number of people in this thread who seem to have no respect for their situation and just want to relish their victory. Don’t let them get you down, they’ll be gone on Friday hopefully.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Unfortunately, as when DR rocketed up the rankings a couple weeks before, there are a number of people in this thread who seem to have no respect for their situation and just want to relish their victory. Don’t let them get you down, they’ll be gone on Friday hopefully.

Agreed, don’t let anyone get you down. There are some who are simply glad to FINALLY win. You have to remember how long we’ve been in T8 and getting beaten by DR, which I’m sure FC can relate to. I understand that ET and GOM were on top and been beaten over and over until they came down…but Kaineng’s finally going up so please try to understand that. In the same vein, there’s also many who are simply being jerks, and that’s simply because they can.

For any hurt feelings or simply frustrations at the hands of either, I would at least like to apologize. I can’t truly speak on behalf of the Server, no one person can, but at least know that there are MANY of us who regret much of this. I know in some ways I actually -hope- Kaineng suffers a severe beating so that anyone who isn’t truly loyal will leave the Server. I miss the “Family Atmosphere” that Kaineng had for the longest time…it was somewhat insular in that we were suspicious of “outsiders”, but for each other we would fight to the death to try and help each other. I can’t count the number of times since those days I’ve been “Left behind” by groups, allowed to die when it was easily preventable, and just all around treated as “One among many.” I look forward to the “Good ol’ Days”…only hopefully with opponents we are more on equal terms with.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

I don’t think I’ve seen WM’s warband yet myself, but from what I’ve seen of some of their people I’m not too worried at all.

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Although we are outnumbered 4:1 on our own BL I think we can give and did give Kaineng a pretty decent fight. However I would ask someone from Kaineng if they think it is fair and sporting, when all the maps are theirs, that they camp directly outside the door of Godswords Crossroads so anyone stepping through that door is instantly killed? I mean I can agree with camping at the bottom of the steps and even agree with arming the camp to the teeth but setting traps and having six people directly outside the doorway strikes me as cheap and unsportsmanlike. I was so disgusted I almost left WvW at that moment. I will also echo that for the number of “spies” left dead at Gods in order to report on where we were placing defenses. Really now, with that much of a numerical advantage do you have to stoop to such low tactics?

Theftwind (HoD)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I don’t think I’ve seen WM’s warband yet myself, but from what I’ve seen of some of their people I’m not too worried at all.

They were in Gates of Madness borderland with at least one commander last evening.

Gate of Madness

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

brb, gonna give GOM the color that indicates they’re moving up, and then troll them with a zerg server.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Allied Shade.8409

Allied Shade.8409

So kaineng has queus in WvW now?
Even we in Devona don’t got queus.. oh well, guess that’s just the hidden strength kaineng had all those time in T8, and not the guilds that transferred in.. kugh

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Although we are outnumbered 4:1 on our own BL I think we can give and did give Kaineng a pretty decent fight. However I would ask someone from Kaineng if they think it is fair and sporting, when all the maps are theirs, that they camp directly outside the door of Godswords Crossroads so anyone stepping through that door is instantly killed? I mean I can agree with camping at the bottom of the steps and even agree with arming the camp to the teeth but setting traps and having six people directly outside the doorway strikes me as cheap and unsportsmanlike. I was so disgusted I almost left WvW at that moment. I will also echo that for the number of “spies” left dead at Gods in order to report on where we were placing defenses. Really now, with that much of a numerical advantage do you have to stoop to such low tactics?

Sporting? Certainly not, but in all fairness I don’t think there’s really anything that’s “Low” about tactics that win and are not “Shady” with following the rules. So long as they aren’t Exploiting I think the Tactics are legit and good. That said though…

No I don’t like it. The reason this is better is it hopefully means Kaineng will be out of T7 by Friday…but if I had it my way, I would give both Servers their BLs for 12 hours. And only after sending a warning of our impending arrival would I lead the attack on each Server. Also…if/when(in all honesty and no offense is intended…when.) the BLs were claimed, I would hold them for several hours, and then relinquish them to start over. Just because I like a challenge. :p

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

I know in some ways I actually -hope- Kaineng suffers a severe beating so that anyone who isn’t truly loyal will leave the Server. I miss the “Family Atmosphere” that Kaineng had for the longest time…it was somewhat insular in that we were suspicious of “outsiders”, but for each other we would fight to the death to try and help each other. I can’t count the number of times since those days I’ve been “Left behind” by groups, allowed to die when it was easily preventable, and just all around treated as “One among many.” I look forward to the “Good ol’ Days”…only hopefully with opponents we are more on equal terms with.

I remember someone on here from DR expressed the exact same sentiment, almost word for word, in the thread we had with them. I actually worry more than a little bit that I’ll find myself saying the same thing one day.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Polaris.9301

Silent Polaris.9301

I would like to thank everyone in Kaineng in the HoD BL right now spawn camping us and dancing with your 5 ballistas. You are so obviously the more talented group of people. Don’t worry though, we will still fight you to the end, and do so with honor.

Silent Polaris – Level 80 Ranger – Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I would like to thank everyone in Kaineng in the HoD BL right now spawn camping us and dancing with your 5 ballistas. You are so obviously the more talented group of people. Don’t worry though, we will still fight you to the end, and do so with honor.

…It’s things like this that make me consider never going back to Kaineng. I know that it’s not -all- the “New” players, there’s likely some of the “Older Kaineng” Players who weren’t willing to fight DR because they didn’t wanna lose doing this. It’s completely disgusting and unworthy of us. I’d apologize for them, but since I know it won’t stop it would be an empty gesture. Instead I will simply say: At least Kaineng will not be your opponents long, if you want to run Dungeons or something feel free to Message me if you need another person.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Polaris.9301

Silent Polaris.9301

…It’s things like this that make me consider never going back to Kaineng. I know that it’s not -all- the “New” players, there’s likely some of the “Older Kaineng” Players who weren’t willing to fight DR because they didn’t wanna lose doing this. It’s completely disgusting and unworthy of us. I’d apologize for them, but since I know it won’t stop it would be an empty gesture. Instead I will simply say: At least Kaineng will not be your opponents long, if you want to run Dungeons or something feel free to Message me if you need another person.

I appreciate that there are other people out there that disagree with those tactics. We actually just kicked Kaineng out of that camp, and it was glorious. They must have gotten tired of spawn camping and moved elsewhere.

Silent Polaris – Level 80 Ranger – Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I have no idea what you are talking about. From what I have seen they are hands down the best group of players out there in WvW. They are well disciplined, organize, and constantly theory crafting for new strategies. This is coming from someone who is not in their guild and they are not in our alliance. I seriously don’t understand the negative attitude some people in Kaineng have towards transferring guilds, if you are in a position where you feel threatened from these guilds, I can assure we didn’t come here to take any spot light or anything. Its a game and we login just to have fun.

1st off: No idea how “Good” WM actually is. By that I mean that I’ve seen as many very good WM Players as I’ve seen very bad. Most are fairly “Average”. I think the one thing I saw of WM I found most commendable while on ET was their response time. While I would often have issues of getting people to “Respond” when there’s a problem, with WM they will immediately send people to fix the problem. Beyond that I can not say just yet.

2nd off: I honestly don’t think most of Kaineng has an issue with WM or NEO or anyone new, the issue is that most of us enjoy “Fair” fights…And by that I mean where all sides can honestly compete. Iow: It’s nothing at all personal, we mostly just wish you’d waited till we were higher up in Tiers. With that in mind, though, I do understand WHY you came down to Kaineng now and it makes sense.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

There isn’t really any strategy we can learn from WM or anyone else on Kaineng right now. Literally all they do is set up an insurmountable amount of seige and tidal wave over their current opposition. I’m not saying they all suck or anything of the sort, but when the numbers are as skewed as they currently are, there is no need for strategy from the zerging force and thus nothing to really learn.

(/snipped the inappropriate stuff)

There is a lot to be said for practicing (that is demonstrating to proficiency) skills and behaviors. This is the foundation of “good practice” and inductive learning.

Learning how to make mistakes in a relatively safe environment is a skill in an of itself. Exceptional performers know this.

In order to grow and develop one must push outside one’s comfort zone. Growth opportunity is maximized when experimentation is combined with established “good practice” in an environment where post mortem analysis (introspection) and recovery is available and “affordable” (in terms of opportunity cost).

What you learn is up to you…

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Polaris, I see a great deal of skill in those HoD boys you had up there at Gods. I was the eng up there making myself a target. I knew what was going to happen if I stuck around like that but curiosity killed the cat as it were. If you taunt the tiger in his den, don’t be surprised when he eats you. Good job flanking my position and taking me down. I hope someone got a badge or two.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Before RE officially transferred to Kain, some of us went to ferg last match, and no one can sit in this forum and deny the fact that Kain spawn camps for fun. Myself and a few other RE members fought back against Kain spawn camping for fun.

On a good note, RE did not come here for any other reason but to work our way up again to top tiers. I have successfully held a tower in EB with 2-8 people with great siege placement for 8 hours on reset Friday night against servers such as CD/YB/FA, and i’m certain WM has great tactics as well. And DE, were right there with us in T4 too, but please understand we did not come here to take any one’s thunder, we came here to help bring it up as a team.

After our loss in T4, a lot of guilds left us, and RE was the very last WvW guild left on Darkhaven, we could not hold it by ourselves, this is why we came here, for more WvW support. Night time support, more NA primetime support.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: pmireland.6012

pmireland.6012

Some good skirmish battles today on EB, interesting placement of trebs from GoM but it created some fun fights so is all good.

http://i.imgur.com/gpLt7.jpg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

To the [RH] ele in Kaineng BL, north of the supply camp that goes to the JP… Great duel, really enjoyed it! It was funny that we both kept circling around to approach from different directions and re-engage. I guess you couldn’t let it go any more than I could. xD

Well played, even though we had to settle for a stalemate.

Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

So far the only strategy I’ve seen Kaineng practicing is that if our 4 wipe your 10, you return with 30. It’s no wonder your new transfers weren’t succeeding on their previous servers and moved south looking for easier fights.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

GoM, y u no give up Greenlake in KBL???
jk nobody is doing anything but smashing their face against the door so that’s probably why. For once the corpse dancing/laughing is almost justified.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

From someone looking at that we are facing next week?
All I can say is… DAT SCORE

PvE anyone?

No I kid.
We’ll give you guys a good fight next week but its pretty saddening to be (this week) fighting against Darkhaven who are clearly an empty shell and a shadow of what they used to be I hadn’t quite realised the extent of what had happened to good’ole DH which used to fight Dragonbrand with us ;_;
We’ll do our best to help them this week. No worries guys. They might still be around to face you next week.
Maybe we can test the metal of Kainengs Oceanics against NSP steel. Not sure if you’ve fought a server which still has a working Night crew yet.
Could make the difference.

Cacumen Ad Gloria,
Glory to the Peaks.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I wish you all the best next week NSP. When we first fought you I remember thinking that friday, I have never seen a zerg that big.

I guess that is still true, Keins is big enough it never fully renders before I am dead.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I wish you all the best next week NSP. When we first fought you I remember thinking that friday, I have never seen a zerg that big.

I guess that is still true, Keins is big enough it never fully renders before I am dead.

Yaks Bend has the biggest zergs, period. lol

Crazy Leg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowSoljer.6524

ShadowSoljer.6524

So far the only strategy I’ve seen Kaineng practicing is that if our 4 wipe your 10, you return with 30. It’s no wonder your new transfers weren’t succeeding on their previous servers and moved south looking for easier fights.

I can say the same thing about GoM… except 1 wipes 3, you bring 20. Stay mad my friend.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I can say the same thing about GoM… except 1 wipes 3, you bring 20. Stay mad my friend.

funny that you mention that! because that zerg is on another server. again.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Llyrx.3497

Llyrx.3497

All of this talk of server transfers and how servers would be fine without so and so.
I don’t think many people on the Kaineng server even know why DE transferred in the first place.

DE was previously a guild SideEffect[SE]. We had a pretty bad guild leader, gave the guild and most of the people within the guild a pretty bad name, however we was a good and strong WvW guild. It got to a point where due to DarkHaven having a full population and already having 3-5 big guilds, guild growth was stagnant, We wanted to move somewhere with a fresh start and a new name with less drama involving the guild name that had been created by a select few within the guild. We chose Kaineng as at the time, it was the bottom of the bottom, we saw this as an opportunity to not only get a fresh start, but bring in a new challenge for ourselves. A challenge to rise a server and hopefully get the support from the people already there to help us do so. Granted, we arrived and was welcome by a few and given warning that “native kainengs wouldn’t like us because we are transfers” that alone, is stupid. In an MMO, pushing away new people is just ridiculous. Just because you went to that server before someone else, doesn’t make you anything more or less special than the next. The whole “We can do whatever DR can do” mentality is insane too, not one of the “natives” does anything but moan about how bad it was against DR, sure, you held your own, good job. All this hostility and whatever you want to class your “loyalty” down too is getting old, The NEO alliance is something to help, to get people coordinated and working together, Hate it or love it, it’s in Kaineng to stay, so get off your high horses and play the game.

As for the zergs people think being our only strength, You should pay more attention to how we take your keeps and towers so easily against your awesome “counter-trebs” and learn a thing or two.

Kiridono – GL of RE
Overseer of NEO Alliance -www.NeverEndingOdds.com

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

snip

Personally, I have absolutely nothing against DE. Glad you guys are here, glad WM is here. I’m one of the original Kainengs that you refer to here, and I can tell you, posts like these aren’t going to win you any popularity among folks like me. No need to post this negative junk – if people are whining about you being here, just do the original Kaineng thing. Grit your teeth, get through it, and all will work out in the end (and yes, I’m proud to have survived the DR onslaught with my WvW passion intact).

It’s posts like this that continue the drama, and there’s no need for it.

That being said, fun night in EB and HoD BL – the defense of west tower in HoD BL was fantastic, HoD folks! From all the posts from other servers prior to our matchup, it seemed that you wouldn’t have much fight in you, but I’m seeing something different. Some scrappy fights tonight! /salute

Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Llyrx.3497

Llyrx.3497

snip

Personally, I have absolutely nothing against DE. Glad you guys are here, glad WM is here. I’m one of the original Kainengs that you refer to here, and I can tell you, posts like these aren’t going to win you any popularity among folks like me. No need to post this negative junk – if people are whining about you being here, just do the original Kaineng thing. Grit your teeth, get through it, and all will work out in the end (and yes, I’m proud to have survived the DR onslaught with my WvW passion intact).

It’s posts like this that continue the drama, and there’s no need for it.

That being said, fun night in EB and HoD BL – the defense of west tower in HoD BL was fantastic, HoD folks! From all the posts from other servers prior to our matchup, it seemed that you wouldn’t have much fight in you, but I’m seeing something different. Some scrappy fights tonight! /salute

My point is, I’m not here for popularity or to care what people think, It’s just pretty pathetic being told to go look at posts like this all the time. People need to get over the fact we moved, it’s a game.

Kiridono – GL of RE
Overseer of NEO Alliance -www.NeverEndingOdds.com

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Nodeninja.5321

Nodeninja.5321

There isn’t really any strategy we can learn from WM or anyone else on Kaineng right now. Literally all they do is set up an insurmountable amount of seige and tidal wave over their current opposition. I’m not saying they all suck or anything of the sort, but when the numbers are as skewed as they currently are, there is no need for strategy from the zerging force and thus nothing to really learn.

(/snipped the inappropriate stuff)

There is a lot to be said for practicing (that is demonstrating to proficiency) skills and behaviors. This is the foundation of “good practice” and inductive learning.

Learning how to make mistakes in a relatively safe environment is a skill in an of itself. Exceptional performers know this.

In order to grow and develop one must push outside one’s comfort zone. Growth opportunity is maximized when experimentation is combined with established “good practice” in an environment where post mortem analysis (introspection) and recovery is available and “affordable” (in terms of opportunity cost).

What you learn is up to you…

I don’t disagree here and there is plenty of opportunity to try different things against the gigantic zerg, thus learning in an environment where victory isn’t an option (kind of takes the pressure off.) I also stand by my statement that there is nothing to learn FROM the Kain crew simply due to the ridiculously skewed numbers on the field. It is very likely that the ones that I could learn from are either not rendering on my screen or are perma-stealthed thieves lol.

Also, I looked at the picture linked above and those trebs look fine to me. Maybe I’m missing something.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

There is stuff to be learned from WM if you watch they way they move their zerg. It is actually very smart and they do a very good job of pulling people in to wipe them.

Of course having said that I have no idea if this tactic actually works because the could stand still and wipe the 10 people chasing their 40 person zerg.

They also show something that most zergs miss. Move always move. Don’t stop. Take something and move. As a whole stay together and Move. If you are moving fast enough you don’t even have to defend because your force can be back before the door comes down. This seems to be very effective.

Of course again I have no idea how effective because the 40 man zerg is always going to stop the 5 people trying to ram down a gate door.

Other then them though everything else seems to be like a pretty normal server. Some Really good. Most in the middle. And some really bad.

I like those in the middle. It is where I think I am so we have some good fights!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-