GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Let’s not get into a kitten match here, Proscuter.1457 and Llyrx.3497.

As for GoM, I’m not an original to it, I transferred to it week two from Henge do to friends that were on the server. I’m glad I did, I’ve seen all the divides within GoM, I’ve seen people leave because they weren’t satisfied with WvW but you know what, I’m glad those people left. A fellow officer just told me that she saw someone who was “afk” at the spawn without clothes dancing, she PM’ed the person and effectively told them they were a disgrace to GoM. Now, I can’t speak for Henge and it’s problems but both servers have gone through a lot and deserve some respect. The posts that effectively state they’re leaving GoM and HoD, I say good, those servers don’t need cookie-cutters, those servers need people who are dedicated (now, it would be nice if those servers merged into a possible Ebonhawke world.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Kudos to HoD. It took nearly 2 hrs to kick them out of Longview tonight. It was like fighting a cornered raccoon, only this one bites hard. This eng will now view HoD with a great deal of caution. As I tried to say before, it took a bit of time to see what I though you guys were capable of.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

From someone looking at that we are facing next week?
All I can say is… DAT SCORE

PvE anyone?

No I kid.
We’ll give you guys a good fight next week but its pretty saddening to be (this week) fighting against Darkhaven who are clearly an empty shell and a shadow of what they used to be I hadn’t quite realised the extent of what had happened to good’ole DH which used to fight Dragonbrand with us ;_;
We’ll do our best to help them this week. No worries guys. They might still be around to face you next week.
Maybe we can test the metal of Kainengs Oceanics against NSP steel. Not sure if you’ve fought a server which still has a working Night crew yet.
Could make the difference.

Cacumen Ad Gloria,
Glory to the Peaks.

Wish you good luck! Kaineng seems to have 30+ people on at least 3 maps and some pretty smart and fast commanders. It always seemed like Northern Shiverpeaks mostly worked one map or two maps a time.

I hope it’s a better match up than this one.

To the game’s credit, this is the only match up that is lopsided though.

Gate of Madness

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Guys, who cares if people get the perception that WM is what made you move up in tiers. Just be grateful you have WM. I know TC could definitely use WM and would welcome them with open arms.

I think most of us are cool with them being here…most of us aren’t trying to push them out or anything. In my personal opinion everyone is welcome…but I’m not -grateful- to have -anyone-. Chaster included, and I like Chaster. They should be grateful to be lucky enough to be on Kaineng. No Guild is so “Great” and “Grand” that I need them to make Kaineng better, the only thing more Guilds will do is move us higher up the Ranks. As for who cares about the Perception?…Those of us who fought with every fiber of our being to keep DR at bay…Those of us who spent hour after hour fighting 5v1 odds and while never truly winning, also never truly losing…We who put everything into getting what we’ve earned care. I get it…some people are proud of rising through the Tiers and reaching Tier 1 or whatever…we’re proud we could put up a better fight than most Tiers above us have against DR despite the number difference. I remember nights in the KBL defending with -three- people…3 of us…and we held. Sure we lost/flipped Camps…but we managed to hold our Towers…our Keeps.

This is true i miss those days. It was nice when we actually pushed DR to the EB spawn point couple times. Or when SM switch hands between DR Kain and FC within an 1 hr. Fun times.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Snowpea.5469

Snowpea.5469

… what I read, WM got tired of the exploits in tier 1. Some of the people in WM began exploiting themselves and their server SBI didn’t like that. WM got split up a bit, particularly their oceanic crew, and majority of them transferred to Keineng permanently…..

Worse than exploiters are guilds which transfer on bulk and destroy WvW which had otherwise been reasonably balanced. Exploiters are irritating, big guild transfers make WvW unplayable.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

… what I read, WM got tired of the exploits in tier 1. Some of the people in WM began exploiting themselves and their server SBI didn’t like that. WM got split up a bit, particularly their oceanic crew, and majority of them transferred to Keineng permanently…..

Worse than exploiters are guilds which transfer on bulk and destroy WvW which had otherwise been reasonably balanced. Exploiters are irritating, big guild transfers make WvW unplayable.

I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention to the scores lately but there is nothing balanced about wvwvw right now below tier 3.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

After 2 days of WvW in this tier, I must admit, I am surprised at GoM’s will. And HoD’s small teams are good as well.

Honestly I hope one day during this matchup that my guild has almost a whole map to paint, with WM here that might not happen, but my guild does love painting maps when we start which is 4PM PST everyday.’

My guild is not 24 hour at all though, we have pulled 8-10 hours though, but most only pull a few hours a night, one of the things we miss greatly is defending a tower or keep. We greatly appreciate WM here with their night time coverage to give us a break at night though

Dont give up HoD and GoM, I know yall wont, even though WvW can be very frustrating at time, believe me I know, there is still fun to be had.

Crazy Leg

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

It’s funny how fast some of you GoM complain about how Kain has more people then you on a map, and how it’s “not fair”. Every time we play you and you are the top ranked server out of the 3 you outnumber people on every map. Stop complaining and play the game. Don’t worry when Kain moves up a tier you can out zerg everyone again like you are used to, until then quit the complaining it’s annoying.

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

Although we are outnumbered 4:1 on our own BL I think we can give and did give Kaineng a pretty decent fight. However I would ask someone from Kaineng if they think it is fair and sporting, when all the maps are theirs, that they camp directly outside the door of Godswords Crossroads so anyone stepping through that door is instantly killed? I mean I can agree with camping at the bottom of the steps and even agree with arming the camp to the teeth but setting traps and having six people directly outside the doorway strikes me as cheap and unsportsmanlike. I was so disgusted I almost left WvW at that moment. I will also echo that for the number of “spies” left dead at Gods in order to report on where we were placing defenses. Really now, with that much of a numerical advantage do you have to stoop to such low tactics?

I personally don’t like to do that. I’ve never do that and will not for the further. I really think that lets our enemy retakes camps / tower then we would hv more exciting fight (if we already own the entire BL), but it’s difficult to ask ppl not to that at all.

I can’t represent the whole server, but really feel sorry about that if this would make you feel a little bit better.

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

Although we are outnumbered 4:1 on our own BL I think we can give and did give Kaineng a pretty decent fight. However I would ask someone from Kaineng if they think it is fair and sporting, when all the maps are theirs, that they camp directly outside the door of Godswords Crossroads so anyone stepping through that door is instantly killed? I mean I can agree with camping at the bottom of the steps and even agree with arming the camp to the teeth but setting traps and having six people directly outside the doorway strikes me as cheap and unsportsmanlike. I was so disgusted I almost left WvW at that moment. I will also echo that for the number of “spies” left dead at Gods in order to report on where we were placing defenses. Really now, with that much of a numerical advantage do you have to stoop to such low tactics?

You should of seen tonight on EB LOL It was just as bad if not worse.

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Chophop.3967

Chophop.3967

Oh and you cry to kain all day bout ppl dancing on your body. Well look at this idiot who feels the need to act like mr cool guy who almost died to 1 person with 5 ppl covering his back.

God … You’re always dead…

p.s. drop that fotm war spec and get some real dmg! ;D

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

All of this talk of server transfers and how servers would be fine without so and so.
I don’t think many people on the Kaineng server even know why DE transferred in the first place.
(sorry to cut for too long)…

I am one of those saying that even without some large guild transfer, Kain would be get out of T8 also.

I don’t mean to offensive anyone. I am sure welcome any new comers, the one don’t like people transfer to our server should be our enemies.

I don’t like people just look at the new comers, which I mean, players are all equal. Let us co-operate together, let us work together. If we lose, I will not blame any people by saying something like “XXX guild leave / not online / transfer so we lose.” So if we win, I don’t like to say something like “XXX guild transfer in / online / take the number” either.

I means, we can’t put all responsibilities to commanders, can’t put all duties to only a few guilds. We need to share our responsibilities, and i hope i would do that. If we want to go upper tier, everyone hv that wise should take part in WvW, not just sit and hope others to fight.

I saw some small guilds / parties also participle in WvW. Don’t ignore their effort, don’t ignore anyone’s effort, including original Kains and new comers.

So that’s why I hv so many things when someone shout “Kain win only because new transfers”.

(Sorry that Eng is not my 1st language and hope it would express my means clearly.)

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Good point, Winter. I’m sorry that not everyone sees this.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

That is a very good point. And while I have been a little snarky in this thread I have probably come across nastier then I meant to.

The reason WM and the others get a lot of the credit from my side of the it looks like this. Friday at reset, in eb there was one giant group stopping us from doing anything, WM. There was literally nothing else to worry about except WM.

So since then everyone is looking for them. Even if there is a 20 person group and only 3 of them are WM, people sigh and go WM is here.

So it isn’t really fair. I mean a ton of you have killed me over the weekend, so i can hardly say WM carries you and the rest of you suck!

But it is the label you will get stuck with as you move up, not only because of their size, but because of the timezone they fill.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

since I said this in the DR thread I’ll say this here
Kaineng wasn’t a T8 server before WM went there
They would have prob made it to T5 without them
With WM they will prob go to T4

that said I don’t like large wvw transfers I think they need to protect T8 and T7
1) Implement wvw queue priority based on the number of weeks an account has been on the server
2) Lower the map cap to 20 for T8
Lower the map cap to 30 for T7

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

One of the things everyone needs to get past is the discussion of WM or DE or whoever, like they’re not part of Kaineng. The quotes of “you’re only winning because of WM” make me chuckle. WM IS Kaineng. DE IS Kaineng.

In the past few weeks, I’ve fought in plenty of battles with DE and WM, and I’m not in either guild. They welcome me to stand beside them, the same as I welcome them. They’re a huge benefit, I’ve already learned a ton from them, and I look forward to the future fights!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Same here, Dhampyr. There are quite a few good players in both guilds. I have a tendency to feel safer when I’m with them , OR SoS (Kaineng old-timers). Honestly though, I doubt it matters what guild you are in; we are all Kaineng. Our winning depends on all of us in WvW not just a few guilds.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

what’s going on in this forum isn’t something i can say here, but we all know what it is. same people repeating the same opinions. of course you disagree with what both GOM and HOD are saying about what’s goign on on Kaineng, and why shouldn’t you? your server is now winning and it isn’t used to winning. of course why should we have expected otherwise? i remember the first time Kaineng won their kitten bracket, was WM or DE around then? if they were, why aren’t you higher tier’d? why are we fighting you? if they’re such an asset like you’re saying(kind of like totenreich was an asset to GOM, aka don’t hold your breath Kaineng) why weren’t these numbers around in november? why aren’t our numbers around now? when you can answer those questions instead of just patting yourselves on the back we’ll have a real discussion.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

I am not going to lie. This matchup is the worst I have played. Why did they put us up with a huge populated server? Who the xxxx is in charge of making these decisions? Fire his/her xxx please.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The truth is DR and Kain with the help of FC held each other in T8 for 9 weeks. While DR was holding Kain there and Kain was holding DR, DR was focusing all their effort on stopping kain from gaining points and forced Kain into last place. When DR left T8 it left a huge power vaccum in the tier, which Kains original force was powerful enough to fill.

It took Kain 2 weeks to get out of the deficit DR put them in. Now we are in T7, and we will be here only one week.

The problem is the rating system actually, as soon as two servers are competative with each other they can stall in a tier and prevent each other from advancing, even if both servers are improving in population in tactics. Once the stalemate breaks and one server gets out of the teir, they EXPLODE up the rankings.

No one is in charge of setting the matchups, they are determined by a servers rating. Click the sticky at the top of the forum it tells you how it works.
EDIT: it got unstickied, but here it is: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/The-math-behind-WvW-ratings

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Jeda.5209

since I said this in the DR thread I’ll say this here
Kaineng wasn’t a T8 server before WM went there
They would have prob made it to T5 without them
With WM they will prob go to T4

that said I don’t like large wvw transfers I think they need to protect T8 and T7
1) Implement wvw queue priority based on the number of weeks an account has been on the server
2) Lower the map cap to 20 for T8
Lower the map cap to 30 for T7

I agree with you on your 1st point.

2nd point the map cap you are suggesting seems pretty low. I cant imagine what the queue times would be for Kain if we could only put 20 people on a map.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

kreese.9461

what number do you think a normal T7 or T8 server can legitimately field? not being snarkey actually asking

I’m thinking at our peak (friday server reset) we have around 200~250 so if we divide that by 4 maps we get 50-60ish
GoM is higher than us probably can do 75 a map

so if you want to say 75 a map for T7 and 50 a map for T8 with the priority queue that would seem reasonable but we all know Kaineng has far more than T7 or T8 WvW pop so you would have to put up with a queue for a few weeks

I just really want the overrunning of established communities by large amounts of server transfers to stop

(edited by kreese.9461)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

what number do you think a normal T7 or T8 server can legitimately field? not being snarkey actually asking

I’m thinking at our peak (friday server reset) we have around 200~250 so if we divide that by 4 maps we get 50-60ish
GoM is higher than us probably can do 75 a map

so if you want to say 75 a map for T7 and 50 a map for T8 with the priority queue that would seem reasonable but we all know Kaineng has far more than T7 or T8 WvW pop so you would have to put up with a queue for a few weeks

I just really want the overrunning of established communities by large amounts of server transfers to stop

lately we’ve had maybe 30 in just one map. combine that with culling issues and a force that outnumbers that at least 2:1 and it’s nothing.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

kreese.9461

sorry Lightsbane.9012 does that mean you think a cap should be higher or lower for T7? T8?

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Jeda.5209

One of the things everyone needs to get past is the discussion of WM or DE or whoever, like they’re not part of Kaineng. The quotes of “you’re only winning because of WM” make me chuckle. WM IS Kaineng. DE IS Kaineng.

In the past few weeks, I’ve fought in plenty of battles with DE and WM, and I’m not in either guild. They welcome me to stand beside them, the same as I welcome them. They’re a huge benefit, I’ve already learned a ton from them, and I look forward to the future fights!

I know DE originally was SE and they broke up. However, arent most of them original Kain WvWers that were recruited by the few SE members that came to Kain? I know when they first got here they were constantly sending shouts for recruitment. They seem to grow from the people that were already here.

When top Kain WVW guilds broke up and left namely iSPY, WAR, KAIN it open a void for players to go to for WVW and DE seem to be one of the top guilds for hardcore wvwers besides SoS whose been here. I know there are other good wvw guilds, KR, CNB, FBA, AI, etc to name a few. However, although some of those guilds have the numbers they were not pure wvw guilds and didnt always concentrate fully on wvw all the time. So DE seem the place to go if they were hardcore wvwer.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

sorry Lightsbane.9012 does that mean you think a cap should be higher or lower for T7? T8?

sorry kreese it doesn’t mean anything but what i said.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

all the other matchups, even tier 8 matchups, are much more balanced than this. the tier 1 matches are almost exponentially more balanced. no 130k to 11k to 8k. almost every other matchup has all 3 servers at about the 40k or over.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

Well from what i’ve read of this post it seems kain is whooping everyone’s butts… (I wouldn’t know for sure though because I won’t be back on GW2 till the end of January due to computer problems) But cmon GoM, are you really going to start whining because someone else starts steam-rolling you? When you out manned everyone else for the past few weeks? That really REALLY annoys me. HoD gets out manned pretty much every week but we still stay, and its pretty fair seeing as how the majority of your players lack any skill ^-^ Heck i’ve seen 5 people take down 25 of you at once. Please any kain players out there, squash GoM for us, and any HoD people reading this, keep up the fight! I’m so annoyed i’m not there to help out, but i will be there soon!

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

here’s to getting spawn camped for no reason at all (notice guild tags):
http://imageshack.us/a/img12/7894/gw046tk.jpg

here’s to fighting a bunch of morons who chase one thief into server border and die:
http://imageshack.us/a/img138/6493/gw045w.jpg

and here’s to players who run from a 1v1/2v1/3v1 into guards of which own the entire map:
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/8421/gw049ea.jpg

most of these players from the server are a disgrace and this match up is simply the stupidest thing ever, HoD shouldn’t be fighting GoM or kaineng. Kain has had a sizable zerg in every BL at all times, and GoM isn’t smashing everything again simply because of kain’s giant zergs.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

(edited by slender.1482)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

When top Kain WVW guilds broke up and left namely iSPY, WAR, KAIN it open a void for players to go to for WVW and DE seem to be one of the top guilds for hardcore wvwers besides SoS whose been here

KAIN hasn’t left. :p A couple KAIN members went to other Servers, I myself have been scouting to help my fellow Commanders when we face higher Tiers to better know a Server/Enemy Commander’s tactics…But we’re still very much there.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

It is sort of funny Atomicjelly. At least you continue the trend.
We(GoM) whine about getting squashed like bugs by Kein and how we really out skill them.
You are right to call us out about it.
Then You (HoD) complain about getting squashed like bugs by GoM and tell us how you really out skill us.

It is like the circle of life here in Tier8 all in one post.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Nodeninja.5321

Nodeninja.5321

Well from what i’ve read of this post it seems kain is whooping everyone’s butts… (I wouldn’t know for sure though because I won’t be back on GW2 till the end of January due to computer problems) But cmon GoM, are you really going to start whining because someone else starts steam-rolling you? When you out manned everyone else for the past few weeks? That really REALLY annoys me. HoD gets out manned pretty much every week but we still stay, and its pretty fair seeing as how the majority of your players lack any skill ^-^ Heck i’ve seen 5 people take down 25 of you at once. Please any kain players out there, squash GoM for us, and any HoD people reading this, keep up the fight! I’m so annoyed i’m not there to help out, but i will be there soon!

This made me chuckle, simply because we have set up in supply camps (Godsword mainly) with 8-10 players and held HoD groups of 30+ out until half of us left to aid somewhere else and 30 vs 5 seemed safe. I highly doubt you’ve seen 5 people from any server take out 25 from another unless the 25 were underleveled and the 5 were using guards, but hyperbole is king here just as it is in politics.

GoM has slightly outnumbered the other servers in our matches lately, but by nowhere near the margin that the zerg guilds have provided to Kaineng.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

This made me chuckle, simply because we have set up in supply camps (Godsword mainly) with 8-10 players and held HoD groups of 30+ out until half of us left to aid somewhere else and 30 vs 5 seemed safe. I highly doubt you’ve seen 5 people from any server take out 25 from another unless the 25 were underleveled and the 5 were using guards, but hyperbole is king here just as it is in politics.

In all truth, if the 5 are on Vent/another form of VOIP, have worked together a lot and are well prepared with Siege/etc…I would generally bet on them. Good 5-mans can wipe an entire Zerg.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Heresiarch.9402

Heresiarch.9402

GoM has slightly outnumbered the other servers in our matches lately, but by nowhere near the margin that the zerg guilds have provided to Kaineng.

Exactly. In fact, our first match with HoD and SF was really quite even and fun. And even when were dominating last week, our lead was nowhere near as extreme as what we’re seeing now. And note the word fun: the even matches have been by far the most enjoyable. Vastly uneven matches are not enjoyable for anybody.

But until free transfers are turned off and some sort of mechanic is added (i.e. a WvW lockout after transfer) to prevent this sort of debacle, we can expect to experience feast or famine in WvW. I.E., somewhat dominate one week, then get crushed the next. Unless you transfer around to find good matches every week, which is asinine.

Murder, madness, death divine; hell hath no fury like my kind. <3

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

Hi from DR

Just came to say grats to kain for tiering up, and wish them luck on thier climb. looking forward to having another 8 week stalemate.

also i hope you enjoy transfer/higher population QQ from other servers, because T6 is nothing but the same——-hmm why does this seem familar

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Hi from DR

Just came to say grats to kain for tiering up, and wish them luck on thier climb. looking forward to having another 8 week stalemate.

also i hope you enjoy transfer/higher population QQ from other servers, because T6 is nothing but the same——-hmm why does this seem familar

I miss DR. Quit climbing so we can catch up already. Jeez.

Tarnished Coast

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

i think you were told(HOD) 9421 times that those were bandwagons. the proof is in the scores. can it.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

These things take time, Dhampyr. Be patient. Meanwhile, why don’t we have more good fights in the HoD BL.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

Exactly. In fact, our first match with HoD and SF was really quite even and fun. And even when were dominating last week, our lead was nowhere near as extreme as what we’re seeing now. And note the word fun: the even matches have been by far the most enjoyable. Vastly uneven matches are not enjoyable for anybody.

But until free transfers are turned off and some sort of mechanic is added (i.e. a WvW lockout after transfer) to prevent this sort of debacle, we can expect to experience feast or famine in WvW. I.E., somewhat dominate one week, then get crushed the next. Unless you transfer around to find good matches every week, which is asinine.

I’m concerned that there’s going to be four servers that should be in tier 8, but only three slots. And that down the road what that’s going to mean is that servers will be playing for second place so they can stay in tier 8, where they’re having fun, rather than moving up to tier 7 where they get kicked and have no fun.

The number of the tier you’re in doesn’t matter. It’s the fun that matters.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

These things take time, Dhampyr. Be patient. Meanwhile, why don’t we have more good fights in the HoD BL.

‘good’ lol. even as a GOM i’d agree that’s condescending.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

That may be. You weren’t at Longview the other night. Took us around 2 hrs to take it, and I would think that this shows HoD’s skill at stalling. I mention HoD because I really haven’t fought GoM yet.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

Because most of us are taking a break from WvW this week, it’s not worth the money it will cost in repairs and no one is going to pay to upgrade a tower or camp that is going to be taken back in 2 minutes

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

There were some great battles yesterday in the HoD BL that I honestly don’t think either side can complain about. Defending the garrison the HoD were trying to get back was a blast. I think I went through 3 arrow carts up on that wall! HoD put up a prolonged, heavy assault until we eventually rushed back and grabbed their tower. It was fun and I hope the HoD players thought so as well. I saw a lot of you out there and you did outnumber us at times. Like Judge said, I haven’t seen a lot of GoM so can’t say what they are like either way.

Dhampyr, since I am fairly new I never had the opportunity to battle with DR, but it sounds like a lot of fun so I’m looking forward to it soon. Seems they are as well.

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: aikiakane.1058

aikiakane.1058

As bad as this may sound (or as upset as people might get for me saying it), I miss the GoM / AR / BP matchup that went on for over a month. At least there we all got to take turns beating each other senseless in a more even pattern.

The only fun I’ve had this week was doing the BL JP while fighting 3v3 in the waterfall against some high-spirited HoD players.

People are going to complain about matchups any time they’re not winning. Fact of life there, unfortunately. So, let’s just keep trying and good luck to everyone. Earn your badges and I’ll see you on the battlefield!

GATE OF MADNESS
Rule of Wrist [Row] — Order of the Bee [BEES]

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

That may be. You weren’t at Longview the other night. Took us around 2 hrs to take it, and I would think that this shows HoD’s skill at stalling. I mention HoD because I really haven’t fought GoM yet.

why don’t you just ask one of the other 900 Kain’s in our borderland about us then. but notice i was calling you condescending when you were referring to HOD and not us.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

Could someone give me a score update please? O.o how badly is kain winning?

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

current score…

Attachments:

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Run solo, dude. Guaranteed to run into roving bands of HoD or GoM folks. Tends to turn out pretty badly for me most times, but I’m getting good practice at 1 v many skills!

Dhampyr, since I am fairly new I never had the opportunity to battle with DR, but it sounds like a lot of fun so I’m looking forward to it soon. Seems they are as well.

Could always count on DR bringing the heat. I swear, you couldn’t run for more than 15 secs in any direction and there was a fight. We may catch up to them and get a rematch yet. Also, DR always made the forum drama first rate, so it was fun here posting too. ;-)

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Dhampyr, I do run solo. That’s why I get taken down so much. Having engaged the GoM folks tonight, I now see their skill. That was what the “week is yet young” comment was about. However, I seems to have ruffled some feathers, and for that I am sorry. I mean no disrespect or demeaning behavior to either server we face.

CrSy/LaWz

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Posted by: Kiexcolo.2416

Kiexcolo.2416

I will talk a bit about my own experience for this week’s match.

This week’s reset was the first time I played WvW for real (Previously was just a guild event [SoS] by Chaster and learning how to do the JP) A lot of people in the guild were excited about the reset and Chaster was telling us to sleep early and gather at 8 am (+8 GMT timezone for the guild) for the server reset (though Chaster himself was late…)

+1H after the reset, I tried to jump into EB but was placed into a q so I went to HoD BL where it was really stacked in KAIN’s favour. But 15 mins later I got into EB and that was a different matter. KAIN had captured SM but was fighting hard on 2 fronts. Jiang Gun was leading WM in the assault on GoM side while Valkyrie Slayer was leading the rest of KAIN on the defense of Orge Hill against HoD.

I joined the WM side for a while and I must say that they are a really organized WvW guild and knows what they are dong. They were constantly on the move and their sieges were brutally efficient. VS had more trouble trying to organise the KAIN mob at first and lost some ground but after a while people started listening and the defense started taking shape. There were many battles back and forth.

KAIN did not really have the superiority in numbers due to the split in numbers on the 2 fronts unless HoD and GoM also split their numbers to fight each other but I didn’t really see that happen. There was one instance where WM went to help VS in assaulting HoD and GoM took the opportunity to take back their side of EB and even take anz from HoD but in this case their forces wasn’t split. Later this force tried to assault north SM but we manage to hold them off with less than 10 people as they did not really put up any effective siege weapons. Conclusion is I had a lot of fun on day 1.

However day 2 came and KAIN had captured just about everything and HoD and GoM seemed to have lost their fight. Eventually KAIN zergs would chase HoD or GoM back to their spawns and set up camp there. I was pretty disappointed at how some people from my server spawn camp but I don’t see the point to it and it discourages people from playing WvW which is not what we want.

I hope HoD and GoM can organise their forces on one map so we can have the kind of battles we had on day 1 but you guys are probably discouraged right now. Please bear with us for the week as we move up to the next tier. Hope everyone has fun next week.

GOM/Kain/HOD 1/4

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr, I do run solo. That’s why I get taken down so much. Having engaged the GoM folks tonight, I now see their skill. That was what the “week is yet young” comment was about. However, I seems to have ruffled some feathers, and for that I am sorry. I mean no disrespect or demeaning behavior to either server we face.

Sorry, I should have been clearer with my post – was poking fun at your “dogpile finding” ability. LOL I know you run solo – was just saying that I’ve been doing the same most of the day today, usually ending with a spike through my poor toon’s head. xD

Tarnished Coast