Guild vs. Guild confirmed!

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

IT FREAKING HERE! It was JUST announced on the PC Gamer show. In your Guild Hall you can invite other guilds to fight in arenas! BOOYAH!

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Need to paid the expansion to participate in this? Because I bought GUILD WARS to play GUILDS WARS and 2 year passed and I can’t still with the original game, I need to buy another one?

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I need to buy another one?

50$ for GvG ?

TAKE MY MONEY.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

10v10’s, 15v15’s, and 20v20’s, or something else?

in WvW

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

Link or it didn’t happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

in WvW

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

It’s real. kitten yeah you can actually do proper Guild Wars (gvg) now after 2+ years. Wait I have to pay $50. hmmm……

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Waiting to see if they totally miss the point of it and muck it up like (conquest mode only) pvp before i get too stoked, but wow. After YEARS of total silence and willful “ignorance” of gvg’s appeal anet whips this out with no indication they were going to do so. More than delight I feel resentful of them for not being more open and communicating that our begging wasn’t falling on deaf ears.

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

hype for 1v1 and 2v2 in guild arenas. looks like we can set up our own terrain too. dope.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Did they say whether the guild halls are being added to the game or if you will have to buy the expansion to access them? Because the GvG option will be pretty pointless if half my guild can’t use the guild hall.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Yeah you can now do dueling in there too with your friends. Definitely a nice inclusion.

I’m not really sure the arena will facilitate GvGs that well. It looks like it might be a bit small, and I believe you must have HoT to use them.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

you know im actually flipping out about this. it truly looks amazing. too bad almost all gvg’ers left the game lol. im sure most will come back for HoT and this indirect GvG support.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d be more cautious. The existence of dueling and GvG will hurt their precious PvP a lot. You think they’d risk that?

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I used to not thing much about guild halls but…

GVG GVG GVG

in WvW

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Do they not mean the normal Stronghold…? In your guild halld you can team up with your guild mates and then go to stronghold?

Is it not just that?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet, we love you.

Also thank you for listening to the Ele community. /Cheers!

GJ fellas

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’m not going to argue the merits of doing GvG but the undeniable end result of a unique GvG mode is that WvW will have less players when WvW needs them the most. This will be bad for WvW, at least short term. Long term? Maybe players stick around longer if they have something they find fun. I dont know.

Open field GvG (be it organized or not) has shaped WvW since the game launched. I’d hate to see that vanish in favor of private sessions.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Wouldn’t call this GvG worthy.
It looks very small, maybe 1/4th of OS.
It can be decorated with walls and tower (I guess alright… If at least there would be enough space to play with)
It has traps, turrets and the terrain can be moved during the fight.

Of all the things they could screw up, they just had to do it with GvG. Supose it’s too hard to listen to the community…

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

It can be decorated with walls and tower (I guess alright… If at least there would be enough space to play with)

Of all the things they could screw up, they just had to do it with GvG. Supose it’s too hard to listen to the community…

They said you can customize the arena by adding things and going with that logic, you can take all the traps and walls away as well.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

This is very interesting, especialy the customization part. mean you can challenge your guildies, make teams, make a roaming type arena, and the most interesting thing i’ve heard is that they are adding leaderboards for guilds, this is epic!!!
You can invite and challenge others guilds in your custom arena, making it flat like like the current OS or making it with jumps and obstacle like roamers like to play, so lets say you can guild challenge for 10v10 or 15v15 in the zergfest way like the pvp haters call us or 3v3 like roamers like or whatever you like, this is awesome!!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Sounds like GW1 Guild Halls, the only problem is what kind of incentive do Guilds have to WvW, if they add this?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

Sounds like GW1 Guild Halls, the only problem is what kind of incentive do Guilds have to WvW, if they add this?

I would still go out and WvW. GvGs are a thing I did/do only a fraction of my time, because while it is fun, and high intensity, I, and my Guild, also enjoy busting blobs in WvW. There are Guilds in T2 NA that are GvG primary Guilds that may never step into WvW again, but I can’t speak for them. Those are the Guilds that also don’t really raid in WvW (just a guess) that much, except to open field fight other Guilds, so there really is minimal impact on WvW, other than the WvW only Guilds can get their forces onto a map easier.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

They said you can customize the arena by adding things and going with that logic, you can take all the traps and walls away as well.

I suppose that could be possible and hopefully will work along with the lameness of some people to not screw up fights.

Arena still seems too small for a 20v20 or even 15v15. I expect it to be 10v10, but one can only hope..

in WvW

Puck.9612

I suppose that could be possible and hopefully will work along with the lameness of some people to not screw up fights.

Arena still seems too small for a 20v20 or even 15v15. I expect it to be 10v10, but one can only hope..

It will be in your or your opponents guild hall, you won’t have random strangers showing up trying to interrupt the fight like you get in OS. If someone decides to be an kitten just kick him from the guild, you’re better off without those people anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’d be more cautious. The existence of dueling and GvG will hurt their precious PvP a lot. You think they’d risk that?

Nah, this looks like a thing to get a bunch of monkey off their back.

The “real” GvG in their mind is probably the leaderboard thing with guild groups. That will have rankings and stuff being tracked by the game.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I don’t think anyone really has to worry about GvG in guild halls replacing WvW or hurting the WvW population. The difference is pretty clear, open world PvP is all about the unexpected, wont be any of that in the guild hall arena and GvG matches will have to be planned for so definitely not a 24/7 thing. At first some guilds might spend a lot of time in there but in the end it will probably serve a pretty narrow purpose with use for special occasions or practice sessions.

That being said, guess it is time for me to go guild shopping for HoT since my little guild of one isn’t going to cut it for this kind of fun. The guild hall stuff looks pretty sweet but too bad it doesn’t come in more flavors, hopefully more styles can be added later . . . please not in the gem store tho ><

I am happy GvGers were given something more workable than OS even if it is something I am not personally going to be spending a lot of time on. Speaking of which, what becomes of OS when HoT comes out? Might it get a rework as well to go back into jumping puzzle status with maybe a more worthy reward? Still is a fun map to sneak around on if it saw more use.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wonder if we can kick enemies out of guild hall if they bring some warrior/guardian lamer blob there.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would say to rest easy if you feel that this would take away from WvW.

This will allow guilds across all servers to fight, right? That means there’s much less need to hop around servers just to fight another guild?

If there were really groups on your server that only fight on OS and never come out to help your server, that wouldn’t change a thing. If they cared about your server to begin with, they will naturally come out. Plus you wouldn’t get any of those guilds that don’t care about your server just to solely gvg and take up your queue space or not.

In any case, this can only be a good thing I feel. If hardcore players have more incentive to play, the game will naturally last longer as they continue to innovate the meta which will spill into wvw fights. And as much kitten many people like to claim that those fight groups don’t help their server, chances are they are often a driving force behind activity behind all aspects of wvw.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Agreed, seriously doubt this will take away from WvW, and it’s a major nod to the GvG community. Good on Anet for listening and implementing this, we’ll see how the end results turns out obviously, but this looks promising.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ya that is great, if there wyas to keep track of the statistics and scores it would be even better:

Number of game against a specific guild, win and loses
GvG player rosters and statistics (death, stomps, avg dps, etc)

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Ya that is great, if there wyas to keep track of the statistics and scores it would be even better:

Number of game against a specific guild, win and loses
GvG player rosters and statistics (death, stomps, avg dps, etc)

Is how this should be implemented, but is too much for anet who is PVE focused, with luck you get a basic score.

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

GvG and GvZ are different things. GvG is a formal competition between two guilds which is best in an environment without interruptions/trolls (the major problem of OS) and has nothing to do with PPT. GvZ is a guild that helps the server with capturing/defending objectives and fighting informally in open field. Moving GvGs to a controlled space will not change GvZ, only the quality of life for GvG. It’s something we’ve needed literally for years.
But again, waiting to see it before I get too happy. After the promises of EotM and Stronghold and what they turned out to be I have concerns.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I don’t think anyone really has to worry about GvG in guild halls replacing WvW or hurting the WvW population. The difference is pretty clear, open world PvP is all about the unexpected, wont be any of that in the guild hall arena and GvG matches will have to be planned for so definitely not a 24/7 thing. At first some guilds might spend a lot of time in there but in the end it will probably serve a pretty narrow purpose with use for special occasions or practice sessions.

That being said, guess it is time for me to go guild shopping for HoT since my little guild of one isn’t going to cut it for this kind of fun. The guild hall stuff looks pretty sweet but too bad it doesn’t come in more flavors, hopefully more styles can be added later . . . please not in the gem store tho ><

I am happy GvGers were given something more workable than OS even if it is something I am not personally going to be spending a lot of time on. Speaking of which, what becomes of OS when HoT comes out? Might it get a rework as well to go back into jumping puzzle status with maybe a more worthy reward? Still is a fun map to sneak around on if it saw more use.

I wouldn’t worry about GvG absorbing the WvW crowd either, if I were a guild leader I would just do regular runs in WvW for conditioning my team anyway and as a bungle-dump to get all the stupid out before a match. Although if match stats and persistent stats are thorough than guilds could very well spend all day cranking out matches since they wouldn’t have to worry about keeping track of their standings, they can just manage their ratios by playing a lot more.

I do hope there’s some tie in to WvW somehow but I doubt it, it would just be cool to say good luck to one of the regular guilds as they head off for a fight instead of just having a dead map for an hour.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I actually didn’t see any mention of GvG, of any kind. Just some “Combat Arena”, kind of like we already have in Obsidian Sanctum; is that what everyone’s talking about? We will now be able to have informal, private Death-Matches, with no scoring, no leaderboards, no spectator mode… is that what we’re calling GvG now? We can already do that in WvW, I thought… I guess with Guild Halls, we won’t have to be in the same Tier as the guilds we fight against. Is that all the GvG support we get for $50, tho? I don’t get why anyone is excited about this, tbh.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I actually didn’t see any mention of GvG, of any kind. Just some “Combat Arena”, kind of like we already have in Obsidian Sanctum; is that what everyone’s talking about? We will now be able to have informal, private Death-Matches, with no scoring, no leaderboards, no spectator mode… is that what we’re calling GvG now? We can already do that in WvW, I thought… I guess with Guild Halls, we won’t have to be in the same Tier as the guilds we fight against. Is that all the GvG support we get for $50, tho? I don’t get why anyone is excited about this, tbh.

^

15char

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

The difference is you can invite guilds from other servers to your guild arena.. You can’ do that in WvW.

Being able to GvG any guild from any server is all we ever asked for.

in WvW

mistsim.2748

it would be a gamemode if you can plug in results into leaderboards. also, I hope they make the arena a little bigger for 20v20. please devs?

also from blog:

“Guild halls are a living system, and not just a place to unlock some vendors. To that end, we’re working to add new content for guilds to bridge the gap between the hall and the open world. From overhauls of WvW guild claiming and guild missions to a new multiplayer combat sandbox and guild-focused crafting discipline, there’s going to be a lot to do.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in WvW

Puck.9612

it would be a gamemode if you can plug in results into leaderboards. also, I hope they make the arena a little bigger for 20v20. please devs?

Sure thing, that will be another 25 bucks

in WvW

mistsim.2748

https://youtu.be/BgG1G2N3WEk?t=118

actually, the size looks pretty decent on second look.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I am confused. What does a guild hall arena, have to do with WvW? This is a WvW sub forum that this unrelated thread was made in, right?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The GvG community is currently a de facto part of the WvW community.

Although I suppose this begs the question— is it pvp gear, or pve geared?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

I want everyone to know, I called this implementation a month ago.
Just sayin… CALLED IT Drops Mic

Don’t believe me? check my message history :P

in WvW

Posted by: ViciousFire.9137

ViciousFire.9137

Here’s a good recent interview about guild halls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEz8fSIEU9A&list=PLDA400D8631CC7E7C&index=52

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

HAHA call that an arena worthy of guild battles….it’s just a tiny space barely larger than my ranger can fire a shot. Great for the usual run into each other and mash buttons, but totally devoid of the real tactics and split teams that made gw1 guild battles such fun.

Hardly enough space for 10v10 without starting off standing on each other’s toes…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

mistsim.2748

it’s quite large. for sure u can do 15’s in there.

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

it’s quite large. for sure u can do 15’s in there.

It just looks large as mentioned just a few posts above this in the video, though the inner central is only able to fight in. About only 1/2 of the terrain you see is being used for it. You can clearly see around the inner ring there’s some sort of ’’blur’’ effect which takes space and then you have the spectator ring which is also just for show.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I think it’s around 20-30% smaller than OS arena, just trying to look at player sizes gives me this impression. Maybe it’s because of no stairs on the sides just making it look like that, we will see…
Halls Arena: http://imgur.com/AqhJqKb,nqVXPvn,EhV0Wwg
OS Arena: http://imgur.com/IeFyqXJ,EEevbPc

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think it’s around 20-30% smaller than OS arena, just trying to look at player sizes gives me this impression. Maybe it’s because of no stairs on the sides just making it look like that, we will see…
Halls Arena: http://imgur.com/AqhJqKb,nqVXPvn,EhV0Wwg
OS Arena: http://imgur.com/IeFyqXJ,EEevbPc

Judging by the size of that spectator NPC on the right (I think that’s what it is), no way that’s big enough for GvGs.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’m not sure if it’s as big as the south ruins either.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Also it looks like it needs barriers to prevent you from falling off the edge, I dunno if that will be possible with the customisation options.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia