GW2 (China) and WvWvW (NA)(EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Q:

According to gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/guild-wars-2-coming-to-china-on-may-15-at-10-18-a-m-yes-it-s-that-specific/1100-6419611/

“The Chinese and Western versions of Guild Wars 2 will have the same content releases. ArenaNet notes that beginning with next week’s Festival of the Four Winds update, the developer will synchronize content releases for China to receive content “within days” of release in the West."

Will this include WvWvW ? So will WvW get its well deserved and much needed love ?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

At some point but a LOOOONG time after Season 2 finishes, WvW is still fresh for many Chinese.

ANet have made the whole Living Story PVE content their priority and the PvErs are not happy campers atm with the lack of attention.

Have a quick glimpse of 600+ replies (and counting).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wheres-New-Content-State-of-the-Game-merged/first

The highlights of the WvW section is trolling people with ‘Red Necro’s’ and watching Mods keep up with Match up threads.

That gives you an idea of what the immediate future holds.

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Thanks for the reply. Doesn’t say if WvW will get a significant bump. But you might be correct that we may see added benefits post season 2. (Hopefully) . I also wonder what this will do to SEA time players based in China. Here is what Anet said on that thread for those that want to skip the pages.

Regina Buenaobra North American Community Team Lead

The developers are heads-down working on the future content releases. We are also in the middle of launching the game in China. Launching a game in a new country is kind of a big deal. Because of the team’s focus on game development, they are not able to dedicate as much time out of their workday to posting on the forums. While they might have time to read the forums, they don’t necessarily have time to engage in discussion.
I know it’s hard to be patient in this down time between Living World seasons, but please bear with us. As much as you’re craving new content to play, the team is dying for you to play it.

Unfortunately, I can’t give you any information about future content, whether it’s plot spoilers or timeline. I can say that, as a player, I am very excited about the next season, and I cannot wait to see what you all think about it.

Please know that your feedback continues to be important, our devs are still reading (though they may not have time to respond), and we sincerely appreciate your support and you sharing all your thoughts with us (critical or otherwise).

End

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

will this see Australians move to the China server once the ques settle down? Closer time zone for them than America? What about Asiatic Russians? Vladivostok? And if they do switch for better primetime coverage… what kind of impact will that have on the servers that rely on these people for night coverage?

Will the China servers have other language servers like in Europe (English, German, French, Spanish)? So English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian? Or will the differences in writing be too problematic? It would be a good opportunity for Anet to expand the coverage rather than just China.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

@ Nymph of meliai
You have to know that China doesnt have internet, by a giant intranet due to country policies. To suit this rules, chinise server will very likely be “only for chinese inhabitant”

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Correct. You need a chinese social security number to register/buy the game. It’s not hard to fake one, but nonetheless, there are restrictions in playing the GW2 version, financial barrier not included.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

From what I understand which isn’t much, you can’t transfer to Chinese servers like you can between NA and EU. They are entirely seperate although its the same game.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

WvW is still “new” in China. Remember, we didn’t see any real content added to WvW until half a year after the 2012 launch, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for any WvW content until late this year / early next year.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

@ Nymph of meliai
You have to know that China doesnt have internet, by a giant intranet due to country policies. To suit this rules, chinise server will very likely be “only for chinese inhabitant”

They have a very censored internet, but it’s not a “giant intranet”. You can play Chinese GW2 if you fake a social security number I think.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The main questions are will players already in China be able to transfer to Chinese servers, will Chinese servers be open to players outside of China, and will existing Chinese players have to buy the exclusive Chinese version to play on Chinese servers?

I imagine most OCX folks will stay put (why move to a non-english primary language server?); but what will this do to East Asian and SEA coverage if they are open. This would really change the T1 landscape, that’s for sure (if folks decided to play “closer to home”)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

will this see Australians move to the China server once the ques settle down?

No because its on a chinese system, we would have to buy the chinese version.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

The main questions are will players already in China be able to transfer to Chinese servers, will Chinese servers be open to players outside of China, and will existing Chinese players have to buy the exclusive Chinese version to play on Chinese servers?

I imagine most OCX folks will stay put (why move to a non-english primary language server?); but what will this do to East Asian and SEA coverage if they are open. This would really change the T1 landscape, that’s for sure (if folks decided to play “closer to home”)

The Chinese version is a standalone game, current players will all have to purchase it and start from scratch if they want to play on the chinese servers which would likely discourage a lot of long time players who are already established on NA servers.

If any server might be hit it’ll probably be JQ as their SEA is predominantly chinese, but I don’t think the effects will be significant. T1 SEA is still relatively active and it’s a lot of trouble to move large guilds like JQ’s to a brand new server where they now have to contend with queues. They might lose individual players to the language perk but that’s about it.

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

JQs SEA comprise of PRC,Taiwan,Hongkong, Philippine, Singapore,Thai,Viet,Indonesia, Japan based players and thats just naming a few.

My question is , will NA,EU WvWvW benefit in terms of content and refinement from GW2 China. I really hope so cause we need the love.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

According to gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/guild-wars-2-coming-to-china-on-may-15-at-10-18-a-m-yes-it-s-that-specific/1100-6419611/

“The Chinese and Western versions of Guild Wars 2 will have the same content releases. ArenaNet notes that beginning with next week’s Festival of the Four Winds update, the developer will synchronize content releases for China to receive content “within days” of release in the West."

Will this include WvWvW ? So will WvW get its well deserved and much needed love ?

it is mistake by design if they sync the content of the client with Chinese version because they must work in the same time in bugs that have our client and their client .

this need double time and double resources , where if they had a big delay ( like an event + 15 working days ) they can serve a better and without bugs / exploits content to the chinese version

after the last update the old weapons/ armor / combo skills stopped working as indeed and the bugs still not fixed after a month because they are working on chinese version.

what will happen with the new untested content ? lol

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

According to gamespot

it is mistake by design if they sync the content of the client with Chinese version because they must work in the same time in bugs that have our client and their client .

this need double time and double resources , where if they had a big delay ( like an event + 15 working days ) they can serve a better and without bugs / exploits content to the chinese version

after the last update the old weapons/ armor / combo skills stopped working as indeed and the bugs still not fixed after a month because they are working on chinese version.

what will happen with the new untested content ? lol

Valid Point. I see the benefit of more resources towards WvW maps and Skins. I wonder if player balance will be better now that they are recieving large revenue from GW2 CN

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

WvW got a retrofit in the Borderlands, an entire new map and a rehaul of the queue system. What exactly do you want?

in WvW

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

WvW got a retrofit in the Borderlands, an entire new map and a rehaul of the queue system. What exactly do you want?

So bringing back an old feature that they had to delete cause they were unable to deal with cheat (the orbs) is for you an improvement ?

Which new map ? Edge of the mist is NOT WVW ^^

If an “overhault” is for you: make something bugged just a little less bugged, then yes its an overhault …

The only new feature is World Rank

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

will this see Australians move to the China server once the ques settle down? Closer time zone for them than America? What about Asiatic Russians? Vladivostok? And if they do switch for better primetime coverage… what kind of impact will that have on the servers that rely on these people for night coverage?

Will the China servers have other language servers like in Europe (English, German, French, Spanish)? So English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian? Or will the differences in writing be too problematic? It would be a good opportunity for Anet to expand the coverage rather than just China.

I think Korea will be the next country they launch in, and that would probably be the one that would pull some Australians away, since many Koreans can speak English.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Geeze, I hope not.

We need more in the Aussie/Kiwi time zones, not less.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security