GW2 Thief - Solo WvW - P/D Build

in WvW

Posted by: efeatilla.1460

efeatilla.1460

Hey guys this is my first GW2 video if you like it please let me know so you will give me a reason to make more videos with different builds and classes.I am sorry about non exiting editing skills this is my first video that i edited

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

No disrespect to the poster. It takes some courage to post movies, but once again I have a huge problem with the gameplay displayed in this movie. The risk versus reward and ease of play for P/D is way out of bounds. How can you not see this?

I watched a bit of it and saw a lot of 11115 used with no weapon swaps.

Come on, Arenanet. You can do better than this.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I spend a ton of time solo in WvW and it’s just getting stupid how many people roll easy mode thieves.

And there’s good reason for it as you can see in this video.

The other night I must have gone 2 hours and seen a dozen thieves and 1 ele.

The combination of culling and so much access to stealth just makes thieves a no brainer.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

There is a huge difference between a good thief and a bad thief and certain thief builds do require skill (although they have too much mobility and escapability, IMO). However, I just don’t see anything redeeming about P/D gameplay.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

yeah no offense but watching a thief in WvW isn’t that interesting tbh. We all know of the insane damage that do with the crazy amount of stealth, that mixed with the culling. Its like playing pvp with training wheels on.

make a video of another one of your toons, if you have one.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

It’s amazing how there’s no initiative cost at all to spam vital shot or whatever it’s called leaving cloak and dagger up all the time.

Kinda boring fights but I guess it showcases how simple of a rotation is involved.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Worst thing is thieves think they’re hektik spamming 1 button lulz.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I think the only way to make a P/D thief video interesting is if you are doing 1v5+ or yak sniping while juggling 10+ defenders. Otherwise we pretty much know what it looks like anyway.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah while the power and survivability you have as a P/D Thief is amazing, the actual play-style is pretty boring. Aside from really good Elementalists who can disengage at will any 1v1 fight should be an easy victory.

The problem is that if you engage larger groups they simply keep rezzing each other making everything you do rather pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

yeah no offense but watching a thief in WvW isn’t that interesting tbh. We all know of the insane damage that do with the crazy amount of stealth, that mixed with the culling. Its like playing pvp with training wheels on.

Shiow me wheres that “insane damage” at. Good that u didnt call it burst lol.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

OP, try anything except easy mode thief and people might respect you a bit more. I play ranger, at the moment levelling one up, not because it is easy to play in wvw but because it is more of a challenge.

It’s annoying that even mediocre to bad players can roll thief and still have a very good chance of beating most classes 1v1 when they get the jump on you, and a P/D thief doesn’t even need that element of surprise if they are half decent. It’s sad that thiefs can throw projectiles faster than a ranger and that do 3-4 times as much damage per shot whilst disappearing into stealth or abusing culling and for some reason ANet thinks this is ‘balanced’.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Thobek.1730

I noticed after clicking on your name and reading all your past posts you’re a huge fan of defending thieves. Not that I’m surprised.

playing a roaming thief in WvW is easy mode, how anyone can deny it is beyond me. but sure keep defending them if you like.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

I noticed after clicking on your name and reading all your past posts you’re a huge fan of defending thieves. Not that I’m surprised.

playing a roaming thief in WvW is easy mode, how anyone can deny it is beyond me. but sure keep defending them if you like.

Lol I just read them too and laughed. Nearly as bad as this other thief defender whos 90% of posts are him defending his precious thief. My favourite post by him was “thieves are the class that require the most skill in this game”. I won’t mention names since a similar post I made was deleted even though this one will probably get deleted too :P

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Another day, another thief vid, and Anet plays fiddle while the game just fades away.

Oh well….

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Dirtrot.2471

Dirtrot.2471

Ya quiting my theif and rolling a ranger. My main is a thief with sb only both burst and cond builds even with toughness and get rolled 1v1 always to these theives I’ved tried setting traps blinding powder just as getting hit dodging with call trops ect. cant do nothing not even fun playing. So ill try a ranger for a bit before i find another game or at least till they fix this ezmode bull kitten.

in WvW

Karolis.4261

I aint defending it. Im aware that playing p/d thief is 2
button ( 1 and 5 ) spam with ocational + utilities ( in defence of this i might say that other classes use 3 more skills which are all on cooldown and therefore they are using same button mash imput/s or even less then p/d thief does, does it make the class more dificult to play ? no. Now lets take your all hated D/D thief ( i will not speak of glass cannons mashing nr2, couse i find it lame and ineffective. D/D backstab thief uses all but 1 skill ( 3 – deathblossom), must be allways aware of his and his enemies position, becouse his main damage skill requires it and hes squishy as kitten. Im running full valkyrie with 20+k hp in www and im still squishier then any other class. Now how easier is that to manage compared to warrior for example ?Its not. This game is about movement, not about how skilfully you use your 5 ( omg so many buttons!) attack skills.) I just told u obvious fact that p/d thief is doing very low damage compared to ANY other class, any other build, nothing else.

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in WvW

Karolis.4261

Ya quiting my theif and rolling a ranger. My main is a thief with sb only both burst and cond builds even with toughness and get rolled 1v1 always to these theives I’ved tried setting traps blinding powder just as getting hit dodging with call trops ect. cant do nothing not even fun playing. So ill try a ranger for a bit before i find another game or at least till they fix this ezmode bull kitten.

Got rolled by p/d thief by being a thief yourself ? check your traits once again, you have condition remove every 3 seconds on stealth. Now how p/d thief that does only condition damage can kill you? No idea …

in WvW

Posted by: Animi.4617

Animi.4617

I’m not defending the thief because they have culling and yes they usually just pressing the first skill, but the 90% of players don’t think about remowing conditions. If you rewome conditions from yourself, then these kind of thiefs can’t do anything at all with you and after a while they will probably put down that house skill and run away like a little b…. Oh and if you also blow back the thiefs from the house skill (I just don’t know it’s name) they will come back from stealth instantly. And there is stun and imobilize too.

in WvW

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

In my opinion, this video shows two things:

1. How easy it is to play a thief;
2. How so many skilless players play thieves.

Number 1 is directed to the OP and Number 2 is directed at the thieves that were killed in the video. Obviously, the play style of the OP is just 1 1 1 1 5 1 1 1 1 1 5. This type of play style is extremely easy as has been made abuntantly clear in the above posts. However, a thief should never, ever, ever die to a p/d thief. EVER. Thieves have the best condition removal in the game and when I see a thief die to a p/d thief it makes me cringe. It takes 10 points in the shadow tree to never die to p/d thieves (or any condition-based players for that matter) and the thieves in this video don’t even have the knowledge to spec it.

Hell, the poster doesn’t even put any other condition on any of his targets other than bleeding – talk about easy cleansing.

in WvW

Karolis.4261

In my opinion, this video shows two things:

1. How easy it is to play a thief;
2. How so many skilless players play thieves.

Number 1 is directed to the OP and Number 2 is directed at the thieves that were killed in the video. Obviously, the play style of the OP is just 1 1 1 1 5 1 1 1 1 1 5. This type of play style is extremely easy as has been made abuntantly clear in the above posts. However, a thief should never, ever, ever die to a p/d thief. EVER. Thieves have the best condition removal in the game and when I see a thief die to a p/d thief it makes me cringe. It takes 10 points in the shadow tree to never die to p/d thieves (or any condition-based players for that matter) and the thieves in this video don’t even have the knowledge to spec it.

Hell, the poster doesn’t even put any other condition on any of his targets other than bleeding – talk about easy cleansing.

Yes it is easy to play p/d thief, actually easier then meele thief since your main damage skill doesnt require you to be in meele range,what can put you in harms way, only time u must get in meele is for CnD, but u can trick enemy with well placed evades there. Speaking with condition removal, none of those cookie cutter glass canon builds have it since they all go for 25/30/0/0/15, becouse they just copy/paste it from forums. That makes them easy kill for p/d condi thiefs. Actually it makes them easy kill for any other bunker thief in 1×1, including other NON GLASS backstab spec but thats off topic lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikse.8506

Nikse.8506

boring build, boring video :p

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

I love how this forum can turn any thread into a whine fest over thieves. “Tief 2 ez plz nurf anet!” is getting real old. It doesn’t matter though, people will always complain about things that beat them. I play a Thief, but I also play a Guardian, Mesmer, and ranger. I have no problem with thieves.

P/D is incredibly boring and should be looked at a bit, but seriously removing the bleed shuts it down. Every kill I saw in that video just let the bleed tick them to death.

The thing is, it doesn’t matter the class. Whatever is killing people will always be cried about here. They could remove Thieves tomorrow and guess what? Elementalist 2 OP!!!!1!. Dey can getz away from any person and no die!!!1one!. It will never end.

Figured I should mention I play a non-glass S/D build, as to not incur the wrath of the anti-thief squad.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Watching this video made me angry….

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

I roll with level 65 exotics when I run P/D solo roaming so that is feels fair.

in WvW

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

while it may look awesome from the thief’s point of view in these sorts of videos.
From the other guys perspective they’re fighting the invisible man.

in WvW

Aodh.6418

Responded to a post that got deleted.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Scarn.6810

Scarn.6810

Do you all still hate me even though I run sword/dagger and have been a thief since day 1?

Thief, Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The only reason using 2 abilities works is because 90% of the people out there are hand holding zerglets that have not learned the basics of their own class, let alone others. They run pve or zerg builds, without the necessary tools for small scale fighting.

Using just two abilities, specially when #1 is dependent on #5, is a huge weakness for the build, not a bonus. #2 is useless, #3 is a tiny bit short of useless, and #4 is only used when you need it. Against bad players this means nothing, but a good player will know that if you shut down #5 and mix in a bit of condition removal, the p/d thief is going to be in serious trouble.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I wreck thieves, let people whine. They’ll eventually find ways to counter them. every class can wreck people if built right, so it will always be something

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

I wreck thieves, let people whine. They’ll eventually find ways to counter them. every class can wreck people if built right, so it will always be something

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Good video. I enjoyed watching it. I really liked the 1v2 at the end. There are a lot of scrubs out there in WvW (like how the necro didn’t fear you out of Shadow Refuge…).

Good use of CnD, started attack just far enough to target without getting too close.
Good combat awareness since you stopped attacking when you had 3+ stack of confusion on you.
Good targeting since you went for the glass cannon mesmer first then the high HP pool of the necro.
And good positioning.

(edited by Sifu.6527)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

While the video is entertaining, it is not indicative of WvW in general. Every video like this shows a thief picking of some noob who is out of place.

I’d rather see more videos of thieves operating in a zerg or in a group of 5. That’s more of how WvW is much of the time. Instead we get videos of thieves killing people who know nothing about WvW which causes more people to complain.

I can play for hours on my warrior and never die to a thief. Why? Because thieves are not a challenge to those who know how to play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It’s sad what happens to video threads on this forum. Mindless zerging videos get tons of posts about how awesome it is, and any video displaying skill gets filled with posts about being ezmode and not helping the server and etc etc.

These forums are just not populated by the same demographic the DAoC forums were heh.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Aodh will be providing us a video of his Ranger killing Thieves constantly. I can’t wait!

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

Watched the vid, 2nd and third fight are just ugh. Get more vids and edit it down to just good fights. I stopped watching because of how awful the other players were, not that you did anything wrong. As a thief, you’re going to need to get some kitten footage to wow people

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

genuine tip OP:
if you want to make a video showing off your skills-
do not make a warrior or thief video. i mean you weren’t even using the 3 skill..
if i ran into you in it, you would’ve done so little damage that i would’ve just given up, and i’m an engineer.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Aodh.6418

Aodh will be providing us a video of his Ranger killing Thieves constantly. I can’t wait!

I’ll start collecting clips.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

in WvW

Karolis.4261

genuine tip OP:
do not make a warrior or thief video. i mean you weren’t even using the 3 skill..
if i ran into you in it, you would’ve done so little damage that i would’ve just given up, and i’m an engineer.

You lost me somwhere. Why would he want to use nr 3 skill ?

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

I’m not defending the thief because they have culling and yes they usually just pressing the first skill, but the 90% of players don’t think about remowing conditions. If you rewome conditions from yourself, then these kind of thiefs can’t do anything at all with you and after a while they will probably put down that house skill and run away like a little b…. Oh and if you also blow back the thiefs from the house skill (I just don’t know it’s name) they will come back from stealth instantly. And there is stun and imobilize too.

<This couldn’t be more wrong in regards to the condition removal!

The P/D Thief’s bleed only lasts 2-3 sec, so if you remove it he will reapply within seconds. Their stacks are constantly falling off and wouldn’t really make a difference if you removed them, I see people do it all the time to me and doesn’t help them a bit.

The house skill is called Shadow Refuge, and if you blow me out of it which happens all the time I will just use one of my other 3 stealths. Being a P/D Thief myself I completely understand everyone’s complaint, but I just love when people offer up incorrect info specially when they come off as all mighty knowing!

I have 4 lvl 80 Char’s and have been loving playing the Ele, much more complicated and dynamic to play. With great skill it is by far the most ridiculous class to deal with when played right.

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

This couldn’t be more wrong in regards to the condition removal!

The P/D Thief’s bleed only lasts 2-3 sec, so if you remove it he will reapply within seconds. Their stacks are constantly falling off and wouldn’t really make a difference if you removed them, I see people do it all the time to me and doesn’t help them a bit.

I think this is just a matter of opinion. I can guarantee you that a p/d thief would never kill me in a 1v1 due to my condition removal. Posting that condition removal doesn’t make a difference and doesn’t help a bit couldn’t be more wrong, in my opinion. =)

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

Being the only undefeated 1v1 thief in WvW, I will post a comment on this video.

P/D still loses to a well played D/D thief.

If I posted a video on what I do in WvW, it will the longest thread on this forum.

So I wont… Oh, for all the “I wreck thiefs people” Please list your server and guild. I can transfer each week. So it will take some time, but you can have your 1v1 vs me.

Malf
DEVS
I play with toy daggers – Just to make it fair

in WvW

Karolis.4261

<This couldn’t be more wrong in regards to the condition removal!

The house skill is called Shadow Refuge, and if you blow me out of it which happens all the time I will just use one of my other 3 stealths. Being a P/D Thief myself I completely understand everyone’s complaint, but I just love when people offer up incorrect info specially when they come off as all mighty knowing!

I have 4 lvl 80 Char’s and have been loving playing the Ele, much more complicated and dynamic to play. With great skill it is by far the most ridiculous class to deal with when played right.

Well actually, mister “allmighty knowing”, pistol bleed lasts 4 seconds as default and can be increased up to 8 seconds via sigils/runes/traits/food, which is done by most of thiefs to help bleed stack to higher levels.

in WvW

JakobGW.5730

Being the only undefeated 1v1 thief in WvW, I will post a comment on this video.

P/D still loses to a well played D/D thief.

If I posted a video on what I do in WvW, it will the longest thread on this forum.

So I wont… Oh, for all the “I wreck thiefs people” Please list your server and guild. I can transfer each week. So it will take some time, but you can have your 1v1 vs me.

Malf
DEVS
I play with toy daggers – Just to make it fair

Do you have any videos?

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Not bad for your first video. Wild Bill abuses the culling issue the best, taking on entire groups by himself in Tier 1. You should watch his vids for some tips on how to stay stealthed 90% of the time while still hitting players.

fixed that for you.

his videos show exactly why thieves are broken at the moment. In trouble? just stealth and reposition, you have the luxury of resetting the fight whenever you feel the need. hit them a few times before you become visible again then restealth.

Stealth has never been done correctly in any MMO for pvp, GW2 is no exception. They need to increase the visible debuff to compensate for the horrible culling issue. Double it at least.

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

genuine tip OP:

You lost me somwhere. Why would he want to use nr 3 skill ?

to…get away even faster? let me guess, you’re a button masher thief. assuming theres another kind of course

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I’ll be waiting to see that video.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I’ll be waiting to see that video.

has someone never seen a full melee ranger? a good one kills almost everything, not just thieves.

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Ok I play P/D condi build I love P/D build its fun yes. Your video is basic P/D play nothing special honestly. I know alot of people like Wild Bills video and what makes his much better than most P/D videos is that he isn’t running shadow refuge or blinding powder. He can only get into stealth from CnD and Hide in shadows. Run that and venoms then I would be more interested in the video but otherwise its just normal. 1v2 isnt really hard to pull off as P/D unless its to bunker guardians and then that fight takes forever!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Not bad for your first video. Wild Bill abuses the culling issue the best, taking on entire groups by himself in Tier 1. You should watch his vids for some tips on how to stay stealthed 90% of the time while still hitting players.

fixed that for you.

his videos show exactly why thieves are broken at the moment. In trouble? just stealth and reposition, you have the luxury of resetting the fight whenever you feel the need. hit them a few times before you become visible again then restealth.

Stealth has never been done correctly in any MMO for pvp, GW2 is no exception. They need to increase the visible debuff to compensate for the horrible culling issue. Double it at least.

Or you know fix culling issue with a team of people working on it! Oh wait they are!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Wow at all the QQ that thieves are OP. We’re not, we’re VERY squishy. It’s because bad players always let us get within melee range to hit them with a C&D. I had 5 FA invaders keep coming at me trying to kill me like 3 times each, not thinking about coming at me all at once just one at a time.

I stealthed once RIGHT infront of a Warrior then bursted him down when stealth came off, he didn’t use shield stance, defy pain or anything, he just kept running forward. He then joined my party and called me a OP thief lmfao.