GW2J Vidcast: Nightcapping is Valid! Ritsuko of SYN and Marstar of ELTE

in WvW

Posted by: Draegan.1472

Draegan.1472

This week get all up in the Tier of Tears as we talk with Marstar of Elite and Ritsuko of Synapse; two big guilds of the Titan Alliance. These two guys give us the low down of what happens in the middle of the night when North America is sleeping.

All throughout the week, every forum was buzzing about night capping. The first weekend of last week’s T1 matchup (HoD vs. SBI vs. ET) was killer for HoD but as the week progressed, the server pulled out a win on Tuesday. Find out all about their strategies and the differences between night and day!

Guild Wars 2 Junkies Vidcast – S01E03

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

put it simple

If what they said was true, SYN and PRX would had long moved to a smallest server, and made that server #1.

but you know what? Farmers don’t care. Who’s the ones making the wave, and which are the riders, purples will show yall.

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

put it simple

If what they said was true, SYN and PRX would had long moved to a smallest server, and made that server #1.

but you know what? Farmers don’t care. Who’s the ones making the wave, and which are the riders, purples will show yall.

Uh…you move to HoD to farm Karma in WvW..

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ritsuko.2863

ritsuko.2863

put it simple

HoD was one of the 3 lowest populated servers at launch, it’s now #1.. Your point?

Synapse [SYN] Sanctum of Rall
http://synapse-guild.com/

in WvW

Brassnautilus.2941

put it simple

Uh…you move to HoD to farm Karma in WvW..

ya, at end of week 1…. You’d be 100% correct if you phrased it “You chose HoD to farm Karma”.
I had 2 hours on other servers in boarderlands. Maybe a day or so to farm CoF when HoD population was medium and it was just impossible to get a CoF group going.

in WvW

Posted by: blink.4239

blink.4239

Yep. Nightcapping is valid. The real problem is server imbalance. But that’s Anet’s problem.

in WvW

Brassnautilus.2941

put it simple

HoD was one of the 3 lowest populated servers at launch, it’s now #1.. Your point?

actually, I’ll give you couple points

1. HoD population was low only during 3 day early launch. When I finally got 80 and moved at end of week 1 (or was it beginning of week 2), it was already high/locked

2. You made a good call to mesmer portal golems at the right time on tue to retake SM. You deserve every bit of credit for that, but that has absolutely nothing to do with your guild or alliance, or all that nightcapping "strategy"you talked about.
Or let me rephrase that. You would of gotten the same support with or without SYN and PRX in EB that night. Everyone understood to get SM back by all means was the only way to come back on score, and we were (had been) trying everything. We fought in the lord room for 2 hours on that 1 siege kitten how much of that effort was made by your alliance?

3. since last match, you had declared you’d be in boarderland, and you had done just that. How have we been doing in EB this match so far, without you? and without your alliance? We been crushing them, in case you didn’t know, while boaderlands are only getting equal in early morning.
This morning, when we had 9 towers 2 keep and ALL supplies in EB, potential score was only 310 (and 295 at one point). Now answer me why was that? Where was your alliance and YOU in boarderlands?

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

hey rit, nice job holding down EB and stonemist this week, fantastic job. We’ll have to join you one night to get in on the plowing.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

Huhh?? SYN has never been anywhere but EB since the game launched. Not sure what you’re even talking about. I find it hard to believe you moved to HoD during the first week, when it’s been only days since you started shouting in Map Chat in EB.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

got halfway thro this podcast and turned it off… reason was, it was biased. 4 players from HoD ‘justifying’ themselves and making assumptions about the other servers’ gameplay.

I’ll agree night capping is NOT an issue but really blow your own trumpet much? Get some balance in your interviews.

HoD done a great job turning around that points deficit but claiming it was because “the other servers thought it was over so didnt log on” is BS!

end of the day, when the sun goes down… The Asianoceanic crew (or whatever you ‘prefer’ to call yourselves) come online, have no resistance and take everything.. great tactic but thats all it is, PvD. During the day when its USA prime time and HoD sit in their keeps and hide playing supply camp trading basically relying on what the ‘night crew’ (for want of a better phrase) have done to tide them over.

I laughed so hard when i heard your ‘excuse’ for the reason you were so low in the points at the weekend. “The ques were so long we didnt log on” fair comment but for guilds who ‘claim’ to be soul PvP guilds NOT doing PvP (or W3) is an oxymoron. What would increase all your gaming pleasure, is for those guilds who ‘claim’ to love W3 to find a server who’s ques times are lesser. Cant enjoy W3 if you cant log in to it can you?

Even then, on a ‘good’ day a 5 hour que time?

HoD IS the server to beat and its NOT because they have PvP experienced guilds or do nothing but PvP, its because the AsianOceanic crew come online with no opposition (or very little, again this was admitted in the podcast) PvD everything and the day crew just act as ‘caretakers’ till they come back. The REAL fight was the weekend of the server switch but.. ohh you ALL have lives? You were ALL out enjoying the sunshine and flowers and baby kittens? laughs No! you either couldnt log in or didnt want to. You either enjoy W3 or you enjoy winning… because of que times, you cant have your cake and eat it.

Just be honest and say it how it is; a few good guilds joined on HoD at release, started to score some good points and with free transfers, people started surfing your coat tails for the easy win.

This Podcast was so biased and self righteous I almost puked.

Not crying or QQing and I still enjoy W3 I just find it so incredibly amusing how you can clearly shout out your ‘awesomeness’ under the guise of an informative Podcast. Time to wind your neck in guys. HoD – loosing respect even more.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

(edited by Karicus.8356)

in WvW

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

“It is better have an army of sheep led by a lion, then an army of lions led by a sheep.”

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

HoD done a great job turning around that points deficit but claiming it was because “the other servers thought it was over so didnt log on” is BS!

but thats what several of you claimed….. lol

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: HulkaGem.2568

HulkaGem.2568

put it simple

1. HoD population was low only during 3 day early launch. When I finally got 80 and moved at end of week 1 (or was it beginning of week 2), it was already high/locked

2. You made a good call to mesmer portal golems at the right time on tue to retake SM. You deserve every bit of credit for that, but that has absolutely nothing to do with your guild or alliance, or all that nightcapping "strategy"you talked about.
Or let me rephrase that. You would of gotten the same support with or without SYN and PRX in EB that night. Everyone understood to get SM back by all means was the only way to come back on score, and we were (had been) trying everything. We fought in the lord room for 2 hours on that 1 siege kitten how much of that effort was made by your alliance?

3. since last match, you had declared you’d be in boarderland, and you had done just that. How have we been doing in EB this match so far, without you? and without your alliance? We been crushing them, in case you didn’t know, while boaderlands are only getting equal in early morning.
This morning, when we had 9 towers 2 keep and ALL supplies in EB, potential score was only 310 (and 295 at one point). Now answer me why was that? Where was your alliance and YOU in boarderlands?

we have been in EB all along… so wad are u trying to say ??

Mjdeathless – Necromancer
Kopiousiudai – Thief
Canadian Pizza – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: smashdaddy.5684

smashdaddy.5684

put it simple

Simple = TA started on the server Gates of madness

we won MOST if not all matches in beta and guess what, people like YOU and other trolls put us down and said it was GoM not TA who was winning.

So we MOVED to a place like you stated in your post " a smallest server" HoD was bottom 3-4 in population and TA almost doubled it’s pop when we arrived. We did this for a challange, and we got one.

Since we arrived we have won every match, at release people didnt pay as much attention to us (so TA in force in maps was not watched as closely) and it was the orig HoD militia and TA being the driving force, with TA providing around 1/2 the force on each map.

After a few weeks people started moving to the winning servers, TA and the Original HoD militia winning time and again, is what made people like YOU and Everyone else transfer to HoD overpopulating it. Leading to less TA Group efforts in each map due to having less than optimal numbers in the maps, how can SYN for Ex have purpose group A , purpose group B and scouts when we can only get 12-20 in EB ?

Also TA publiclly asked for free transfers to end.

Now we have guilds transfering to HoD much to late in the day to claim credit, and start trying to claim credit. its laughable, and you responding on here defending yourself with false information does no justice to your guild.

I was actually going to put it forward for TA to transfer untill i came to the conclusion, that if TA did transfer to another server in the 3 to 6 or so weeks it would take to get back to tier 1 and then winning the only thing posted would be similar to
“we got bored of GW2 and have stopped playing, gratz on pvdoor’n to the top”

it makes no difference if we move or stay, people will just make up ways to put our accomplishments down

So lets be clear, top server in beta had TA and top server live had TA.

To say bad things about TA’s ability to organise and skill at WvW is to be spitefull and childish, give credit where credit is due.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

got halfway thro this podcast and turned it off… reason was, it was biased. 4 players from HoD ‘justifying’ themselves and making assumptions about the other servers’ gameplay.

I’ll agree night capping is NOT an issue but really blow your own trumpet much? Get some balance in your interviews.

end of the day, when the sun goes down… The Asianoceanic crew (or whatever you ‘prefer’ to call yourselves) come online, have no resistance and take everything.. great tactic but thats all it is, PvD. During the day when its USA prime time and HoD sit in their keeps and hide playing supply camp trading basically relying on what the ‘night crew’ (for want of a better phrase) have done to tide them over.

I laughed so hard when i heard your ‘excuse’ for the reason you were so low in the points at the weekend. “The ques were so long we didnt log on” fair comment but for guilds who ‘claim’ to be soul PvP guilds NOT doing PvP (or W3) is an oxymoron. What would increase all your gaming pleasure, is for those guilds who ‘claim’ to love W3 to find a server who’s ques times are lesser. Cant enjoy W3 if you cant log in to it can you?

HoD IS the server to beat and its NOT because they have PvP experienced guilds or do nothing but PvP, its because the AsianOceanic crew come online with no opposition (or very little, again this was admitted in the podcast) PvD everything and the day crew just act as ‘caretakers’ till they come back. The REAL fight was the weekend of the server switch but.. ohh you ALL have lives? You were ALL out enjoying the sunshine and flowers and baby kittens? laughs No! you either couldnt log in or didnt want to. You either enjoy W3 or you enjoy winning… because of que times, you cant have your cake and eat it.

Just be honest and say it how it is; a few good guilds joined on HoD at release, started to score some good points and with free transfers, people started surfing your coat tails for the easy win.

Not crying or QQing and I still enjoy W3 I just find it so incredibly amusing how you can clearly shout out your ‘awesomeness’ under the guise of an informative Podcast. Time to wind your neck in guys. HoD – loosing respect even more.

this.

if anyone hasn’t noticed, the main and co caster are both HoD bandwagoneers

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.3926

Nick.3926

A bunch of people patting themselves on the back. Quality entertainment there.

The only time I ever read anyone talk about how it was over on monday/tuesday was that it was over in regards to HoD being unbeatable due to the “night capping crew”. I never once in anythign thread related to the HoD v SBI v ET match did I read anyone state it was over as to HoD losing the match.

It was over because there was nothing the other 2 servers could do to compete with HoDs 24 hour activity netting them +600 points per tick during the night/morning hours.

in WvW

Samfisher.7942

A bunch of people patting themselves on the back. Quality entertainment there.

The only time I ever read anyone talk about how it was over on monday/tuesday was that it was over in regards to HoD being unbeatable due to the “night capping crew”. I never once in anythign thread related to the HoD v SBI v ET match did I read anyone state it was over as to HoD losing the match.

It was over because there was nothing the other 2 servers could do to compete with HoDs 24 hour activity netting them +600 points per tick during the night/morning hours.

It’s not HoD’s fault that AA’s Oceanics don’t show up, when they have more Oceanic WvW’ers than TA. Freelancer set up an Alliance but didn’t do any proper scheduling for guilds to be on, that’s on them not on HoD.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

On HOD, we call this pacmanning.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Heavyhitta.3719

Heavyhitta.3719

Just wow…….

The awesomeness of TA has flowed from BETA on GoM to Live on HoD.
With you essay above, I’de say there is plenty of QQ and down right jealousy.

Life’s a kitten when your stomped since BETA.

in WvW

Posted by: ritsuko.2863

ritsuko.2863

put it simple

WvW regulars know what we have accomplished, there’s nothing to prove. Your guild – xRx – transferred to HoD to ride coat-tails and plays WvW to farm karma for legendary. We just don’t have any respect for players like you that prioritize farming karma over tactical moves to win and suppress the enemy. We lost even more respect for you after we found out how you guys are blatant liars and trolls. Even after most of us blocked you, you continue to act like gangsters trying to pick a fight publicly in order to boost your own ego every single time someone starts mentioning new commanders on HoD. Not just us, you have been actively attacking every other commander icon that you see on the map eg. Commander Shader from Yakisoba – which incredulously you mistook them for Japanese and then proceeded to fling racist insults at him. xRx’s attitude has just been so disgusting that I don’t know what to say.

You’re also speaking as if xRx is now the lead, driving force behind HoD. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but HoD’s militia has held their own long before you transferred onto the server. With or without xRx, the result would have been the same. Moreover, we have been taking it easy and haven’t done any significant WvW after the weekend since it’s clear that the match has become pretty stale, so your chest-thumping point is pretty poor.

Synapse [SYN] Sanctum of Rall
http://synapse-guild.com/

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

TA isn’t necessarily good at PvP – they’re good at WvW though, because they log in at the right hours. PvP Skill != WvW Skill

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

are there wrong hours? :o

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Heck yes, just ask those turkeys over at SBI. None of them can log in at the right time, ever. You guys on the other hand log in at the right time and stick it to the man.

+1 from Sweden

in WvW

Posted by: Maerys.8713

Maerys.8713

I actually love the entertainment provided by xRx. Thanks for the many laughs I’ve had with my ninja crew on skype! <3

[SYN] Synapse – Titan Alliance – Henge of Denravi