Game makers killed w vs w 2 years ago

in WvW

Posted by: NINJAWARRIOR.2376

NINJAWARRIOR.2376

World vs. World Skirmishes Arrive on September 9

we asked so long for some changes.

How i see it the game makers didnt listen on time, and didnt make changes on time, and killed the w vs w part 2 years ago.

I logged in after a long time i now play a other game that keeps changing everything for the players on all fronts, to bad gw2 didnt listen to many players who liked w vs w allot more then pvp.

Its weird that pvp players did get rewards system extra’s and w vs w players never had before a personal reward system.

It feels like w vs w players are scammed for many years without extra’s while pvp players did get allot extra stuf for playing pvp.

And if you want to rage again to me go ahead i dont give a f…. any more.

I tryed to have fun and did had fun at the begin till it started to get boring.

And i would like to get from achievements points the flame costume, but i am not going to play the things i dont like what can cost me 2 years or more.

Other games are much easier to get the nices items, and gw2 makes it almost impossible, at the time you maybe have it the game is dead, i realy dont see this game making it more then a few years like this.

Good luck all and have fun.

Maybe some day i try to look if some nice changes are made, but the hot update was for me very dissapointing.

If i make and mistakes in my langauge i am sry i am not perfect like the most players.

I only tell what i think what went wrong and how i feel.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not know but i have a feeling ppl tend to use the def of worlds the way they want to because “killed” would say no one is playing wvw yet there are and at high levels. At this point why not just say (Game makers “verb or adjective of my ideal of not being to my like” w vs w 2 years ago) would be a far better header. Far better to say what you mean in the headers then the use of one world with a very strong ideal.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

So, in other words, you’re beating a dead horse?

in WvW

Posted by: Mammon.9508

Mammon.9508

I started WvW almost 2 years ago and I still play it everyday. I whine about WvW everyday too. I whine about the meta, the rewards, the map designs, the tactivators, the blobs, the coveragewars, the siege, the skill balance, the bandwagon, and the lack of a feeling of accomplishment when servers win a week’s matchup. I still play WvW a lot and have never invested so much time into any other game.

So you think the gamemode is dead? It might be. That’s all perspective. I wasn’t playing the game during the “back in the golden days of WvW” that people glorify all the time, but I’ve had tons of fun over the past 2 years and I’m still having tons of fun. Frustrations and all.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

People complained about everything back in the “golden days” too. Lots of rose colored glasses around these forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Mammon.9508

Mammon.9508

People complained about everything back in the “golden days” too. Lots of rose colored glasses around these forums.

Absolutely. I see it today too. Seeing how many people claim “HoT killed skills/class balance” then insist on creating a series of “legacy” GvGs proves it. They make it seem like every class and every skill and every gear were perfectly balanced before HoT rolled out. Is the current meta great? kitten no. Was pre-HoT meta amazing? Hell no.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Nothing lasts forever.

The game was eventually going to lose players, anet just gave them a nice little push in this case. But it was bound to happen anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This.

If it wasn’t one thing people were complaining about, it was something else of equivalent irritation.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It was Colin Johanson who was the previous director in charge of GW2, and was in charge of decisions in the game. He was replaced by Mike O’Brien months ago, who seems to have been trying to listen to fans and fix stuff in the game actively, including WvW. Not easy to do with WvW, considering the many years of seemingly being ignored by Colin…but at least we can say it’s finally being done. Here’s hoping he can bring it back to glory.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

We gave them the benefit of doubt, despite the kind of content WvW got, it was a fantastic game mode, just with alot of flaws.

It took multiple CDIs that we thought they were listening to, only after 4 years we see actual changes that make it a better experience, but maybe two years too late.

Obviously HoT was quite the downturn, for the game mode though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I don’t think WvW was ever glorious, so to speak. There were always problems and they were always ignored. Anet says they were working on some big package that never came through but their subsequent decision to release it in parts has been as underwhelming as it is unsatisfying. They haven’t even acknowledged some issues.

When HoT dropped, elite specs were either an egregious failure of game design or a bald-faced ploy to sell power. It kind of worked in PvE because they made more ‘challenging’ content to go along with it. In PvP it was a nightmare. No one’s going to forget a team walking away from a pro match because of a half-hour stalemate. They made some changes then but, again, no where near enough. PvP is still a joke despite their efforts to hype it. Worse, there were no considerations made for WvW. They had ‘a guy’ working on WvW specific skill changes and he came through in the eleventh hour with some target limits that arguably made things worse. No word on this since.

My point? WvW has always been about what it could have been in the hands of a competent developer that cared about the game. It could have been great RvR, great PvP, etc. It’s decline has come from people giving up on Anet ever coming through on delivering that potential experience. HoT was a real kick in the shins for everyone who held out that long. When they renigged on making WvW their focus post-HoT, even more folks left. Months later, it’s hard to look at the current state of WvW and say that it’s worth putting in the time.

That said, I think whoever designed the DBL deserves a medal. There were many problems with it but, for once, they were addressed with some manner of urgency. There are still issues but they are no where near as numerous as Alpine. Unfortunately, DBL was meant to support an RvR game whereas the remaining old-school populace is mostly the GvG crowd. There’s no telling which direction Anet plans to go since they haven’t said anything about it.

I came back this week because my server had DBL and I had some fun despite being matched against YB, who outpops us something awful. I’m bowing out this week because Alpine is a major headache and the server’s we’re facing run a bunch of condi roaming groups. I’d rather spend the time learning how to sew. Still, no point saying things were ever good…they could have been, of course…

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That said, I think whoever designed the DBL deserves a medal. There were many problems with it but, for once, they were addressed with some manner of urgency. There are still issues but they are no where near as numerous as Alpine. Unfortunately, DBL was meant to support an RvR game whereas the remaining old-school populace is mostly the GvG crowd. There’s no telling which direction Anet plans to go since they haven’t said anything about it.

If we’re lucky, they’ll make a new map for green BL, and then keep alpine as blue. So people who want to GvG can go to blue and EBG, and the rest can actually RvR in green and red.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

gvg’s or blob wars? :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

He was replaced by Mike O’Brien months ago, who seems to have been trying to listen to fans and fix stuff in the game actively, including WvW.

The problem only is, Mike o Brian has no clue what wvw is

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

MOB has always been in ultimate charge of the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

It was Colin Johanson who was the previous director in charge of GW2, and was in charge of decisions in the game. He was replaced by Mike O’Brien months ago, who seems to have been trying to listen to fans and fix stuff in the game actively, including WvW. Not easy to do with WvW, considering the many years of seemingly being ignored by Colin…but at least we can say it’s finally being done. Here’s hoping he can bring it back to glory.

Colin was a disaster. Got far too excited about putting stuff in. Unfortunately he didn’t think if it would actually improve the game, or ask the players, most of whom would have told him his supposedly brilliant ideas were wrong.

WvW is now in a much better state than when he left. At present Mike isn’t putting in lots of visible improvements, simply because it would be bad for the game.

Combining servers has helped, although it would be good if they were to help balance further. Perhaps limit the server choice for ‘free’ players to lower ones?

The map changes have made the desert borderland much better.

The new scoring system has reduced the value of night capping and made every 2 hours a mini battle.

Is WvW dead? Not at all, I know many people have come back and are enjoying the game again.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

WvW is not what it was, that’s for sure. What they have done now is mostly adding on silly gimmicks that ruins the game. It’s so stale now, after they made the defenders advantage way to high with all the defensive buffs. Everyhing get’s taken when there is none to defend when it’s T3 with the buffs. It’s such a boring siege fest.
The AC’s have to high damage and to large AoE. The WvW team have no idea of what they are doing.

They also added ekstra stats, which also works withing WvW that those who only play WvW can’t access. I’m talking about the triple infusion slot on the ascended rings.

Only a few changes has been good. The reward tracks, the AoE auto loot, can no longer banner ress the tower/keeps lord.

What they should do:
Remove the WvW banners. We don’t need more gimmicky kitten that takes over the role of certain classes.
Don’t make WvW into a bunker up in tower thing, with a boring siege fest for some skill-less arrow cart humper.
Tone down the AC and ballista damage. Remove the mortar and cannon buffs.
Fix annoying bugs: Lootbag port, stuck in wall/gate, and skill lag with server speed up error afterward, dolyaks(NPC’s out of sync/ not attacking.
Make WvW rewards: Legendary back item, Armor skins, let WvW’ers aquire the new ascended gear stats combinations on the trinkets.

Make a new WvW map that looks like it is NOT designed for gliding in mind. No maze design, but “free” and open. With wider choke points. With less tall towers, that’s not designed for arrow cart humpers.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: needbeer.1687

needbeer.1687

sadly WvW is no longer fun. some servers are facing quite literally 4 vs 1 server wise with the new thing they got going on which is severly unbalancing the map.