Gandara v Fsp v Ag

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

To the AG-people first you called us bunkers, than we faced you in open fights you called us Zerg, so really what you want?
DTK made some Proposal for GvG fights , especially against WvW but never ever heard something from them.
Big Mouth on Forum but ingame nowhere seen……….
Ask TUP and UNTY we faced them quite bit often, also other Guilds from RS did.
So pls stop your allegations.
Go on and sorry to interrupt your matchup.

Greets Myrmi

We already said that last week was the most fun one of facing you. And we were happy that you joined us in the field, only not so much that it was 3 guilds combined every time.

And now go enjoy your own matchup and show them you can win, i heard a few people on AG have put some money on you guys, so make them proud :P.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

That Hammer Warrior was awesome. He beat me every profession I played, had a 10 minute fight among others with my Ele, nearly beat him with an experimental Mesmer build I was using, and he beat my new experimental CC DPS Warrior build (I usually run Mace/Mace full PVT, was trying GS/Hammer with some knights, but with same traits). Very tough!

Also, the 5v5 and 6v6 we did were good, although we got beaten thoroughly :P

Hes cc timing was the best I seen in a while, I used portal, blink staff leap and stealths, it was enought stunbrakers and mobility to counter it but he dint go down easy.

The 5 vs 5 was good idd, felt we had a disadvantage as we was 2 guilds on split ts,s, got our kitten kicked idd.

/Osicat

Ps, Im on 2 night if anyone want to duel more.

pps, for mesmers, got a hompage for the shatter cat guide http://osicat.weebly.com/index.html

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Scouts, “Bunker” Towers …
hmm its what I like … If I want to open field fights then I will play sPvP
and U have a sample of good work …. ( from previous week )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0O_ywmcv98
With all respect … Diabolos

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Belfagor Diabolos.1940)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Seregon.2187

Seregon.2187

Ps, Im on 2 night if anyone want to duel more.

I was told I have to duel you. See you tonight ^^ I’ll gather up some more [WvW] guys, maybe we can have some more 5v5s aswell

Ruby Ruby Rubyyy / Lord Snickersnak
[team] Team Team Team Team Team Team
[TUP] The Unlikely Plan

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Special thanks to YaK, Dius, XxX and DYE for some rly fun fights tonight! Mostly in FSP border Was a blast as usual, and I’ve really missed you guys!

DYE? With that u have to mean our 10 man trolling group ^^
The fun has only just began! I hope u guys are rdy for it

Troll group is an understatement. Last night your group ran away from my gc necro.

MY guild was behind Brair ready to move away, a couple pugs I think who didnt want to fight you, and one of your guys even pulled me into your group. But instead of killing me you jumped off the bridge and ran back to the middle island. I was like wtf they doing, you had an easy kill but decided to jump.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

This is going to be an interesting week to say the least. You guys know that Far Shiverpeaks is also the WEAKEST during the weekend?

The rest of the weeks encounters are going to be epic!

@Fury, we were looking forward to fight you on reset, but we were mostly on your map. And later defended against some of your guys while you were inside the lordsroom of our Garrison, was nice and clean. But figured that most of you guys were to bed and that it wasn’t that organized, not like us at the time.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

(edited by maloki.3527)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Sylli.3891

Sylli.3891

nice work on the fps hill but stop use the cheat/bug to get in u ac hit about 1000 ranged behind the wall on the northen inner gaten i dont know who use it but wvw was there and most of them was random guilds but if that how u guys play to get the top its shame on u

(edited by Sylli.3891)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

At hills north inner you can place an AC against the gate and aim inside trough the gap above the gate. I wasn’t there but 9/10 someone complains about that, the enemy used that tactic.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: woomera.9841

woomera.9841

Special thanks to YaK, Dius, XxX and DYE for some rly fun fights tonight! Mostly in FSP border Was a blast as usual, and I’ve really missed you guys!

DYE? With that u have to mean our 10 man trolling group ^^
The fun has only just began! I hope u guys are rdy for it

Troll group is an understatement. Last night your group ran away from my gc necro.

MY guild was behind Brair ready to move away, a couple pugs I think who didnt want to fight you, and one of your guys even pulled me into your group. But instead of killing me you jumped off the bridge and ran back to the middle island. I was like wtf they doing, you had an easy kill but decided to jump.

Never go for the most obvious kill!

[DYE] Guild Leader & Commander Gandara EU
W Oo M Era Fo Sho // Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/DyeGW2

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Sylli.3891

Sylli.3891

At hills north inner you can place an AC against the gate and aim inside trough the gap above the gate. I wasn’t there but 9/10 someone complains about that, the enemy used that tactic.

ye but its still a bug and some one is using a bug should get a warning or ban i have played many other game and then u use a bug its a permande ban. and lame to use a bug to get in. and u cant call a bug a tactic u are broken the game rule if u use it and im here to play fair

(edited by Sylli.3891)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

nice work on the fps hill but stop use the cheat/bug to get in u ac hit about 1000 ranged behind the wall on the northen inner gaten i dont know who use it but wvw was there and most of them was random guilds but if that how u guys play to get the top its shame on u

Threads get shut down when accusations of hacking/cheating start getting thrown around. Please take a screenshot when this happens and send it to a guild officer/leader on FSP so we can get to the truth and take action. Maloki, who has posted in this thread, is a leader of DW and a good candidate for that.

In the meantime, let’s not judge an entire server based on the actions of a few, and let’s keep the thread friendly.

Xander Moss
Gandara

(edited by eremos.8142)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

It’s not a bug or hack, you can shoot with catapults through the gap on top of the gate, same goes with AC. Feel free to take screenshots or capture video of it, then report to AN but you will get the same reply: no hacks, bugs, or glitches involved, it’s working as intended.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I have to say, FS is the most zergy server I’ve come across! You guys even beat AR o.O

60-70 blobs all the time, and scouts literally everywhere :O soooo annoying are you guys, you go down if you get sneezed at, but then another 10 come over the corpse… We only managed to take T3 Hills this time, but it’s early afternoon, hopefully primetime can bring something better – although we were rolling your zergs with 26 [WvW] plus 5 or so pugs, no way we can fight you with so many people, and even when we were forced to blob up we couldn’t take your T3 keeps, your defense is admirable and coverage scary; in short, T4 material

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

I have to say, FS is the most zergy server I’ve come across! You guys even beat AR o.O

60-70 blobs all the time, and scouts literally everywhere :O soooo annoying are you guys, you go down if you get sneezed at, but then another 10 come over the corpse… We only managed to take T3 Hills this time, but it’s early afternoon, hopefully primetime can bring something better – although we were rolling your zergs with 26 [WvW] plus 5 or so pugs, no way we can fight you with so many people, and even when we were forced to blob up we couldn’t take your T3 keeps, your defense is admirable and coverage scary; in short, T3 server material

must have seen lots of mesmers with clones, because since we left T1, i have never EVER seen us running with a zerg over 50, especially not defending.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

(edited by Wicked.5479)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Ironvos.9014

70ppl blobs? i bet you saw a unicorn in there aswell

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Xiao.1208

Xiao.1208

60-70 blobs all the time

erm…I wish we did but we rarely have 60-70 ppl in one map at the same time, never mind all in 1 zerg

soooo annoying are you guys, you go down if you get sneezed at

If this is the best trolling you can manage, I suggest you go read the t1 match thread to learn how to do it properly

although we were rolling your zergs with 26 [WvW] plus 5 or so pugs

…and I once wiped a vizunah zerg of 900 ppl armed with nothing more than a piece of cheese!

immolator, the ‘smug salesman’ style of your posts is mildly amusing but, if you don’t have anything sensible to say, stfu and go back to uw please.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

60-70 blobs all the time, and scouts literally everywhere :O soooo annoying are you guys,
[…]
although we were rolling your zergs with 26 [WvW] plus 5 or so pugs,

Ahahahahah, you really have a difficult relationship with the numbers

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Enemies cull, friendlies cull, both limits seem to be around 30~ nobody can honestly claim there was or there wasn´t numbers above that, unless they are all in vent then they can call a minimum number, but still there might be more than that and nobody would know.

Untill the patch hits, i personaly would refrain from ever using numbers higher than 30.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Late night AG golem attack!

Long live AG!

Attachments:

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Late night AG golem attack!

Long live AG!

You forgot to mention all those golems got wiped ! Still great fun fighting you guys these last few days,scared the kitten out of me with that golem rush,but we managed.We saw you building them in panglos,moving them in to ogres..then we moved in panglos and noticed it was sieged up like hell,trebs inside,flame rams,balistas,ac’s.If you waited 20m with that golem rush,we wouldn’t expect it.
Anyway,great fun so far,hope you all feel the same.

Good luck all.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Ironvos.9014

Don’t think it is the same golemrush.
The one where we wiped all those AG golems in the lordroom was around 3am or something, that screen shows it being 6pm.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Don’t think it is the same golemrush.
The one where we wiped all those AG golems in the lordroom was around 3am or something, that screen shows it being 6pm.

Oh my bad,didn’t even look at the time showing,just assumed it was the one at 3am.i wasn’t on at 6pm.So another golem rush huh..hmmm To bad i left.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I’m at the mill in FSP border atm if anyone wish to duel.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

Bleh, sadly I hit my data limit (Yes, I live in a country which still has limits on the amount of data one can use :<) So I won’t be seeing much of this match up D’:

I’ll probably be on at Tuesday though, lanning with a friend then :p So I’ll organize a few duels at some mill then ^^

Enjoy the week

Qronuz – Ranger

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Soooo how many golems did you guys throw at our keep? Was hard to tell after all those portals and random numbers shouted at mapchat. 10? 15? Was really good timing for it, we were absolute chaotic mess, lots of people spamming ANY MESMURHURDURS IN JP PLORKS PORTAL MY WIK BUTT UP PLZ when you guys got the gates down and entered the lords room. I’m glad we got few sane, non-JP obsessed people man the arrowcarts and what siege we had left or else we had lost it.

Attachments:

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Immolator.5640

Okay I’ll admit numbers and I have a difficult relationship – I call things how I see them, and when you’re rolling through and enemy Zerg for 5 seconds and more are emerging from the culling field, there’s no way it’s under 50 :P There was a VoS Commander there, so you can ask him maybe. Your Borderland is not a fun place to be.

Like I said, you guys are squishy, most every guild here can testify to that, and I know for sure our numbers 26 + a few pugs were beating large FS zergs around 1:00amGMT, if you don’t believe me Xiao, i’ll record it for you next time :P take your insults back from whence you came, we’re Gandarans, and we’re here to stay.

I won’t lie that I approximate a lot and at times badly, but I was in no way attempting to troll, you guys always run with a helluva lot of people, we were spotted anywhere we went, (on your borderlands) and then later on in the night the same, [TMA] guys just live on those arrow carts, very irritating I think LXY have some contenders.

Good fights tonight, we were on AGBL under a second time commander who did awesomely; met TUP towards the end, only to realise whilst pumps to attempt scratching you again, that when I said group up we only had about 4 Guildies there + pugs… waited for the line of slowpokes to join and then ran out as the gate went down, wiped hard as expected, but we did okay considering our number, mostly because INT helped us – bought enough time with the gate repair for Dius to save our hides.

I had to leave later on, in the middle of a Hills attack; hoping we got it as TUP was reportedly nearby at the time, Astralholme I think – was thinking there was hopefully no way you could know due to only white swords.

Thanks for the fights today, sorry for any misunderstandings, no need for such indignation and rudeness, the main thing I wanted to bring across was that FS have scouts fricking everywhere -.-

EDIT: Oi Victory, what’s this about you chasing me around the map? lez find a windmill and you can taste the cold steel of my great sword (duel?)

All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Marlinn.6428

Marlinn.6428

Okay I’ll admit numbers and I have a difficult relationship – I call things how I see them, and when you’re rolling through and enemy Zerg for 5 seconds and more are emerging from the culling field, there’s no way it’s under 50 :P

Like I said, you guys are squishy, most every guild here can testify to that, and I know for sure our numbers 26 + a few pugs were beating large FS zergs around 1:00amGMT, if you don’t believe me Xiao, i’ll record it for you next time :P take your insults back from whence you came, we’re Gandarans, and we’re here to stay.

I won’t lie that I approximate a lot and at times badly, but I was in no way attempting to troll, you guys always run with a helluva lot of people, we were spotted anywhere we went, (on your borderlands) and then later on in the night the same, [TMA] guys just live on those arrow carts, very irritating I think LXY have some contenders.

Good fights tonight, we were on AGBL under a second time commander who did awesomely; met TUP towards the end, only to realise whilst pumps to attempt scratching you again, that when I said group up we only had about 4 Guildies there + pugs… waited for the line of slowpokes to join and then ran out as the gate went down, wiped hard as expected, but we did okay considering our number, mostly because INT helped us – bought enough time with the gate repair for Dius to save our hides.

I had to leave later on, in the middle of a Hills attack; hoping we got it as TUP was reportedly nearby at the time, Astralholme I think – was thinking there was hopefully no way you could know due to only white swords.

Thanks for the fights today, sorry for any misunderstandings, no need for such indignation and rudeness, the main thing I wanted to bring across was that FS have scouts fricking everywhere -.-

Thats something we had to do as a neccesity, as the previous worlds we’ve met all extremely liked to do golem rushes (I think we even had our daily 7 pm moment when everyone was like “golem rush on garrison any minute now”..)

Commander at the Farshiverpeaks

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Ty all for fun fighting today, and ty al in the fps mill duel fiesta. Especialy Toxilo and the wery skilled we vanquish worlds mesmer Rolo somthing. Cheers.

/Osicat

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

go back to uw please.

We would accept him back with open arms

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

The Blobbing Disease As Spread Are You Infected? =D

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

The Blobbing Disease As Spread Are You Infected? =D

Just as much as Ag ;P!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Ironvos.9014

Okay I’ll admit numbers and I have a difficult relationship – I call things how I see them, and when you’re rolling through and enemy Zerg for 5 seconds and more are emerging from the culling field, there’s no way it’s under 50 :P There was a VoS Commander there, so you can ask him maybe. Your Borderland is not a fun place to be.

If we were really all that squishy as you claim we are, you would think that a bunch of gandara + AG guildzergs would have gotten a bit further into our border than just hills and the 2 outbreak towers. The keeps and towers weren’t even all T3 yet until a few hours ago.
The numbers isn’t an excuse anymore if you yourself are pushing 2 30ppl zergs around our border.

We also always run with atleast 2 main zergs when a border is nicely filled, the only place where i could believe you if you ever saw a 70ppl megablob is maybe in EB cause the playerlimit seems higher and its easier to cover everything with one zerg if you don’t overextend.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

I would argue that Far Shiverpeaks has a lot more small scale action rather than AG but that’s just what I’ve seen thus far. I’ve seen all three servers megablob at least once so far in this matchup.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Immolator.5640

If we were really all that squishy as you claim we are, you would think that a bunch of gandara + AG guildzergs would have gotten a bit further into our border than just hills and the 2 outbreak towers. The keeps and towers weren’t even all T3 yet until a few hours ago.
The numbers isn’t an excuse anymore if you yourself are pushing 2 30ppl zergs around our border.

We also always run with atleast 2 main zergs when a border is nicely filled, the only place where i could believe you if you ever saw a 70ppl megablob is maybe in EB cause the playerlimit seems higher and its easier to cover everything with one zerg if you don’t overextend.

A lot of siege plus the helluva scout party you guys have make your Borders a very dangerous place – you know if an enemy so much as sneezes in there, and I swear this afternoon we were just being stalked, couldn’t find half a minute to chill and build some golems without 5 FS running into us :/, the amount of siege you guys have everywhere and building/built is insane also, I kind of think this is what original Piken had fighting Gandara, cept more organised and hardcore, your guys seem to feel sitting on an arrow cart at a gate somewhere is a well-paid job and obligation. Sieging anything is 10x harder than defending it when your enemy is as resourceful as you Peakies… you defend your Borders very well, at least for us amateur groups hence why you guys have barely lost anything in there so far, with a zerg on the walls/gate, siege manned and firing and no chance for stealth or numerical advantage, it’s more a job I’ve seen done by RG and TUP.

On regards of numbers, it’s the kind of 20-30 v 60 thing everyone was complaining about in T3, Gandara’s kind of very opposed to blobs, sometimes in a hypocritical way recently, myself included. I maintain FS zergs are squishy :P

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Wamgor.9347

When friendly culling gets fixed we will all be in better place to judge…

But aside from bumping into allies at keeps, Zerging aint our style so dont see it from against AG perspective

Ive seen FSP’s entire bl at supply camps not just keeps or eb

Gandara’s as mostly been at keeps and smaller than fsps so far but still big enough

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Considering this match up thread everyone runs in zerg and no one does it aswell. It is magic I say. MAGIC!

Dius had some fun today. We are getting it back together after a healthy break. Was fun meeting TUP that once. After we pushed you back there was a epic stare-down over the water inside bay

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Matt.7413

Matt.7413

Not been the best weekend for AG – not had the coverage anywhere, not even in the evenings unfortunately. Guessing a few of our guys are still a bit disheartened after the same match up for 4 weeks.

FSP – you guys have much larger numbers compared to last time we face you. Yes you’re not afraid to come out of your towers but kitten do you run around in one big blob. Managed to get some good fights, but your numbers absorbed us.

Gandara – Great defense of your hills later on this evening, kitten you guys were on suicide missions! Unfortunately nothing came of it, but we didn’t leave empty handed, took your bay and Garrison of FSP where we then went to EB to help on SM but again met another large blob of FSP!

I hope FSP have the coverage they do over the week as they have over this weekend, because i can tell you now a lot changes in the week for AG and a lot of guilds become much more active!

On another note, was anybody suffering some major lag throughout WVW today, As a leader there is nothing worse when you’re trying to shout directions and co-ordinate your group when infact you have no idea where things are or whats happening. I know a few of our guild/other people on the server were having the same problem [no i’m not trying to make excuses].

Again in case everybody missed it the first time, [FURY] are looking for a guild vs guild this week, /w me for details.

[HeX] Officer | Aeyana | Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Wamgor.9347

We were down to 11 or 13 at that time took a few people down with us

The Magician will reveal the illusions soon enough

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Olujiwan Risengard.8721

Olujiwan Risengard.8721

On another note, was anybody suffering some major lag throughout WVW today, As a leader there is nothing worse when you’re trying to shout directions and co-ordinate your group when infact you have no idea where things are or whats happening. I know a few of our guild/other people on the server were having the same problem [no i’m not trying to make excuses].

Yes. We all greatly suffered from laggin issues.

Aselia Aegis – Heavy Support WvWvW Guardian
Noxiva Shadowstep – Glass Cannon WvWvW Ranger
Olujiwan Risengard – Heavy Tank WvWvW Warrior

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I hope FSP have the coverage they do over the week as they have over this weekend, because i can tell you now a lot changes in the week for AG and a lot of guilds become much more active!

Good to hear, we’re a lot more active during the weekdays too. Should keep this match-up interesting from beginning til end

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

FSP is actually weak in the weekends.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Xiao.1208

Xiao.1208

There always seems to be a subtext that the ‘blob’ or ‘zerg’ is a bad thing. By anet’s design, it’s the best way to get anything done in wvw so imho (and I might be in the minority by admitting it) there’s nothing wrong with it at all, be it 30, 70 or 1000 people in size.

I can appreciate the point of view that it requires less individual skill to play that way but, again, I would argue this is a good thing since it makes the game accessible to more people.

For me personally, becoming a highly skilled player couldn’t matter less (I don’t suffer a large ego and willingly admit I am average at best). As long as I’m doing the best job I can for my team (whether in the blob or not), then I’m happy.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: ravivkk.7381

ravivkk.7381

Just a tip for you guys, if it wont lag your game try to set team color off I would like to see a comment about gandara pink train raid.
Also FSP seem much stronger than I tought they would keep up the work, you are ready for tier 4, great match so far

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Skill lag was truly quite amazing today. It was bad enough against Riverside and Baruch Bay, but today it was constant even though I’m only dueling at a location with hardly any players in it.

Later on, once the lag settled down, I did manage to solo one of FSP towers. Don’t ever leave your borderland without scouts when I’m around… I might just try to solo your garrison. It’s been known to happen.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Our bay are strong.
Obviously the guild buffs helped a lot, but keeping them safe for about 14-15 hours of continuos sieging it’s a good goal for us.

As maloki said, we used to be week in the weekend, so good fights are coming

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Not been the best weekend for AG – not had the coverage anywhere, not even in the evenings unfortunately. Guessing a few of our guys are still a bit disheartened after the same match up for 4 weeks.

FSP – you guys have much larger numbers compared to last time we face you. Yes you’re not afraid to come out of your towers but kitten do you run around in one big blob. Managed to get some good fights, but your numbers absorbed us.

Gandara – Great defense of your hills later on this evening, kitten you guys were on suicide missions! Unfortunately nothing came of it, but we didn’t leave empty handed, took your bay and Garrison of FSP where we then went to EB to help on SM but again met another large blob of FSP!

Again in case everybody missed it the first time, [FURY] are looking for a guild vs guild this week, /w me for details.

Aside from the rendering issues, me and some people from my guild that i was running together with seemed to have insane skill lag during most of the fights. Not sure why, but i really hope Anet fixes it.
Been a great match so far, some of the clashes with UNITY and FURY were awesome.
@Matt and FURY – lot of respect for you guys, even when heavily outnumbered, you guys are a tough nut to crack.
Lets hope they fix the lag issues in the upcoming patch so that the epic fights will continue

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Uttar.2341

Uttar.2341

A lot of siege plus the helluva scout party you guys have make your Borders a very dangerous place – you know if an enemy so much as sneezes in there, and I swear this afternoon we were just being stalked, couldn’t find half a minute to chill and build some golems without 5 FS running into us :/, the amount of siege you guys have everywhere and building/built is insane also, I kind of think this is what original Piken had fighting Gandara, cept more organised and hardcore, your guys seem to feel sitting on an arrow cart at a gate somewhere is a well-paid job and obligation. Sieging anything is 10x harder than defending it when your enemy is as resourceful as you Peakies… you defend your Borders very well, at least for us amateur groups hence why you guys have barely lost anything in there so far, with a zerg on the walls/gate, siege manned and firing and no chance for stealth or numerical advantage, it’s more a job I’ve seen done by RG and TUP.

Thank you very much! I really don’t want to take too much credit because a lot of awesome people are involved in our borderland defense around the clock, we take it very seriously and are often willing to port large groups from other borders for it, but I was commanding on FSP border today from 11:30 to 18:00 CET approximately, along with Yakuza (GW2NL/AoA) early on and Kamiikaze (VoS) later on.

A few points:
1) Most of the time I was the single commander icon on the map (coordinated with other commanders whether we needed other icons to target multiple objectives). This allowed me to get a single large PUG zerg behind me when required especially towards the end when we actually had a queue. But I would be extremely surprised if it was ever more than 50 even at peak, and that’s already very unusual for us.
2) I was on TS with a small number of players on the map which I used for scouting and camp capture. This was combined with asking for people on map chat to go scout (including great players roaming/scouting by themselves) and by pre-emptively porting my entire zerg if I believed the risk to be too great even before we spotted anyone. The main bottleneck was probably regrouping rather than scouting or mobility.
3) AG and Gandara basically attacked Bay and Hills with large zergs at the exact same time, and you forced me to choose which to defend. I focused on Bay for strategic reasons (which I cannot go into) as well as believing it’s easier to defend despite popular opinion to the contrary. I kept a small crew in Hills to man the siege hoping we could delay you but that obviously didn’t work. In retrospect I’m very happy about that choice despite disagreement from other FSP players on the spot.
4) I personally placed a LOT of the siege in Bay/Hills/Garrison. Multiple ACs at every inner gate, massive lordroom defenses of doom, strategic siege for chokepoints – my character is called Siege Herder for a reason! We effectively used the 15 supply in Garrison for this despite not having waypoints, and other players added more good siege to my foundation. I had the chance to lead a brilliant defense of FR’s Bay on Friday for 6+ hours (15+ full FR wipes outnumbering us) with every outer gate being always down and inner down a lot of the time (at least once every gate and every wall). I believe walls to be mostly decorative – what matters is what you put behind them.

I’d like to think that while AG/Gandara might have better combat tactics and more highly organised guild groups, FSP has better strategy and map awareness. We got many excellent commanders who can do absolute miracles with our PUG zergs (most famously Qla). As a new commander (got my shiny icon less than a week ago!) it’s great to be able to learn from them. Yes, we are well aware that organised guild groups can wipe much larger zergs (this is true for every server including for our own guilds – the only debate is about relative extent) which is why we’d rather focus fire than bring a knife to a gunfight. And yes, our zergs are probably “squishy”, because every zerg is squishy. Once you have a certain number of opponents and no group tactics for damage mitigation/healing, it’s not exactly hard to die/kill very fast no matter your build.

I really hope we can maintain our momentum and continually increase the quality and quantity of our guild/group events. I sincerely believe our PUG players are excellent and all it would take for us to go up another level is to get more of them to play more often into organised groups with voice chat where you can use proper combat tactics. I’d also personally love to participate in duels with you guys even if I don’t expect to do that well, and if my guild was up for it, it would be interesting to do some GvG to benchmark ourselves against others and see where we got to improve.

Good luck and see you on the field!

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: smuffi.3954

smuffi.3954

Nice fight last evening. Hope to see same kind of action during the week…

[DYE] // smuffi // Necromancer
Gandara EU

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Just like to say sorry to the FS group who just tried to take Mendons and Orgrewatch.

I dont usually log on so early in the morning, but seems it’s lucky I did as I and another player were able to drive your 20 man group away from both keeps.

Logging off now so you can come take them now :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Gandara v Fsp v Ag

in WvW

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Nice fighting so far! The lag has been worse though. I wonder what is causing all that! Let’s hope the patch actually fixes that!

Puz – TDA