Gandara

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Was gandara ever doubting to not win silver? o.O

With the influx of people you got and the night coverage you can easily win bottem tier of gold.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

It doesn’t matter who’s got the best players. It’s who’s got the best coverage. Being able to have full EB 24/7 and all borderlands maybe 20/7 is what wins WvW.

It’s not called Coverage Wars for nothing. PvD in the middle of the night when the enemies are not playing is really difficult I hear.

So I guess congratz to Gandara for having a massive population round the clock. Enjoy your 300+ queue at EU prime.

One – Piken Square

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Rofl 8 am here and you have a full EB map somehow, or not far from full, that’s kinda silly ,but ye, GJ on getting those leet wvw players

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

A thank you on behalf of Piken for your bags!
Love running down your countless hordes with our 30man pug raid xD
Yesterday took and held SMC against 100+ of your blobbers with 28men, taking your towers while you ran from resp.

But sure, Gandara’s very cool.. when Piken’s offline GL fighting those gates.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

With the influx of people you got and the night coverage you can easily win bottem tier of gold.

Hey hey! Desolation is still in the bottom tier of gold league. Do you mean Gandara would beat the mighty Desolation now?

Well, at this speed Desolation is rising up the ranks. And I think after the leagues, Desolation will be having a well-earned vacation. We are really pushing now.

http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Hey hey! Desolation is still in the bottom tier of gold league. Do you mean Gandara would beat the mighty Desolation now?

Well, at this speed Desolation is rising up the ranks. And I think after the leagues, Desolation will be having a well-earned vacation. We are really pushing now.

Deni! Stop trolling the Gandarans and Pikenese! It’s not respectful!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Minfast.5489

Minfast.5489

The current Gandara is stronger than Deso were in season 1 in terms of numbers and coverage. I’m not sure how much Deso have improved since then as FSP haven’t fought Deso in a while. My guess is that Gandara are somewhere around lower T2 or higher T3 in strength and would be around 5th/6th/7th if in Gold League.

Minfast – Thief / Rulken Charon – Guardian / Yalkara Moonshade – Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – representing [eXo] [tbp] [NW]

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Gandara is likely the most stacked Server in the EU, it’s worse than the Scenario during Season 1 in Silver with “Tankolation”.
I’d imagine their population will stabilize somewhat unless some guys decide they’ve had it with their queues, gg Anet on that.

It takes alot more than coverage and numbers in the Top 3 Tiers aswell, it ain’t easy organizing with queues and fresh pugs, so it ain’t something to gloat about wiping with 30 pugs unless you were all Bearbow rangers..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

Yesterday took and held SMC against 100+ of your blobbers with 28men, taking your towers while you ran from resp.

Yeah yesterday was a fun day for Gandara. Lot’s of trolling with YOLO, I quite enjoyed it. Too bad Pikens tried to ruin everything with their unknown-hit-you-for-a-kittenload-of-dmg.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

hey OP, Haaaave you met our forums? http://thisisgandara.com/forum.php

RIP How I met your mother

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Yeah I miss Gandara, the real Gandara. And I miss being able to play WvW. Have fun Piken and FSP wiping blobs of our immigrants – btw do you guys want any? We’ve got a few more than we’d like over here.

You can say thank you, I, being the ingracious old fart that I am, will encourage them to get lost.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

it’s worse than the Scenario during Season 1 in Silver with “Tankolation”.

Nope, it’s completely different, Gandara never asked for this or tried to manipulate our ranking for it.

All we can do is appologise to our bro servers in silver league for it and ask them not to blame the Gandaran WvW community

If Gandara ends up top 5 then all our serious guilds with a passion for fighting other guilds and GvG will all leave anyways.

If you have a choice of playing RS/ER/Viz/JS every week with no guild action – or playing agaisnt FSP/GH/AG/Pikeys with all the best guilds and action in the game – I know which one most hardcore guilds will choose. The only guilds left on Gandara will be those only capable of pug farming.

The best thing to come out of these leagues this year is Piken finally coming down to mix it with us and all the Euro servers of silver league (apart from Gandara and AG through no fault of their own) are now really balanced.

Property of Gandara EU

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Is anyone really surprised? This is simply the product of the way in which Anet handled the pre-season transfer sales. There were a lot of people on other servers that realised there was little to no chance of their native server performing well, so a free transfer to last seasons 2nd place server was a real no brainer. There was nothing the native Gandaran community could do to stop this.

Gandara

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: BakaPhoenix.2087

BakaPhoenix.2087

Yeah yesterday was a fun day for Gandara. Lot’s of trolling with YOLO, I quite enjoyed it. Too bad Pikens tried to ruin everything with their unknown-hit-you-for-a-kittenload-of-dmg.

So piken is killing is own people? because i’ve been hit from unknown too…
Before accusing the server (and remember 2-3 guys are not the whole server) try to know something about it…

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

It doesn’t matter who’s got the best players. It’s who’s got the best coverage. Being able to have full EB 24/7 and all borderlands maybe 20/7 is what wins WvW.

It’s not called Coverage Wars for nothing. PvD in the middle of the night when the enemies are not playing is really difficult I hear.

So I guess congratz to Gandara for having a massive population round the clock. Enjoy your 300+ queue at EU prime.

Where are these 300+ queues you dream of.. I play prime most nights and the worst I have had was reset night which saw me stuck at about 110.. add to the fact that early days will see all servers have an influx of players getting their achievements done.. it soon drops down.. last night was sitting at around 60-90 all prime and by the end of the week it will likely be less.. and I am talking about EB specifically, other borders are reducing by the day already.
We get it Piken aren’t really in the match up so you feel a little kitten.. try playing on my old server day after day praying to actually see a queue on at least one map to feel your in a crowd

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yeah I miss Gandara, the real Gandara. And I miss being able to play WvW. Have fun Piken and FSP wiping blobs of our immigrants – btw do you guys want any? We’ve got a few more than we’d like over here.

You can say thank you, I, being the ingracious old fart that I am, will encourage them to get lost.

Could of sworn you were one of those immigrants you speak of just a short while ago.. in fact one of the first… though I do miss the Pinky

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tsikaboom.6371

Tsikaboom.6371

I enter a 8-man-a-team PvP server with 9 of my friends and play 5 vs. 5 fights away from the cap points. Then, I keep calling “immigrants” the rest of the players who fill up the remaining 6 slots and who start capturing points and play strategically to win the score, as they have always been, as I have been in my early games before I got bored.

I consider myself “pvp” and declare that “5v5 is REAL pvp” even though those players are also pretty godkitten surely pvp-ers and many many of them appreciate the capturing, strategy, defense and all THE MAP and GAME MODE INHERENTLY (I repeat, inherently) has to offer. We both paid for the game. Guess who is abusing the system.

Bottom line: guys, you need ANet to create GvG maps. But you have stopped playing WvW (1.defense 2.strategic attack and siege 3.tactical terrain fights) a long time ago.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

If you are talking about the two Unknowns going around and killing people while we stand around without being able to do anything, they are from FSP. Piken has already been hit by them several times. If you are going to point fingers, at least make sure you know what you are talking about.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

it’s worse than the Scenario during Season 1 in Silver with “Tankolation”.

Nope, it’s completely different, Gandara never asked for this or tried to manipulate our ranking for it.

I know.
The thing is most of our population in Deso are not Seasoned WvWers, but they are there just not a lw ays- we are stacked in a sense ourselves.
Anet should of closed or started this Transfer period before it got out of hand.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

This is no fault of Gandara’s, although i would say i had a preferred the match up against Viz last week. Anet’s didn’t do wrong in opening transfers they way they did, what was wrong about it was the timing, there wasn’t enough time for Gandara or other server’s with this problem to be rightfully placed where their current coverage needed them to be placed. Personally I think Gandara could quite easily be comfortable in most of the gold league rankings atm. I feel sorry for the original Gandaran’s with the obscene queue’s etc.

@Anet
Free transfers wasn’t the bad idea, it was the timing that was bad, it should of been at least 1-2 weeks earlier with a smaller window. Not only bad for those that have to now face server’s like Gandara who are wrongly placed, but also bad for Gandara themselves because although they will come out winner, it’s gonna be a very boring 9 weeks for them. Because unless i have this whole tourney system wrong, they are currently facing 2 of the 3 best they are gonna face for next 9 weeks, and unless 1 of their current oppositions is in a match up with them in the next 9 weeks it ain’t gonna get much more exciting than it is now for them.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

(edited by Twinny.9304)

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum