Gate of Madness Alliance

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Saria.2150

Saria.2150

Hey everyone

Ferrum Blacktide and I decided to start a guild of Commanders to begin the first step to better communication on this server. We’ve called it the Gates of Madness Alliance (GoMA). We now have about 18 commanders involved and plan to add every commander on the server.

Here are some of the things we hope to achieve (for starters):

- Better communication between commanders, both in and out of wvw. For example, this gives us a crossmap chat when we are out in WvW.
- At least weekly meetings for Commanders to discuss the weeks plan.
- A listing of commanders that is easily accessed in order to coordinate forces or call upon.
- Bringing all the commanders together to share tips, tricks and strategies as well as pitfalls.
- A way to bring new commanders up to speed faster.
- A simple way to accomplish communication for now to make it easier instead of signing up to websites, etc. etc. We need simplicity to get everyone involved for now.
- A way to share pie and punch.

We’re trying to start the first step towards improving our server. Help support us and don’t expect overnight miracles!

In the longer term, we will come up with plans of what needs to come next but hopefully this will start the ball rolling.

(edited by Saria.2150)

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Good job Saria!

GoM seems to be a really good server and I hope you get your population back!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Out of our way, kittenes, we are doing this.

Gate of Madness

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

should’ve named it gate of madness legion, for obvious reasons.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Hatter.2987

Hatter.2987

Saria’s determination and patience is incredible, Overall with her leadership GoM will become a better WvW server. If only we could clone her! If we would all would be willing to listen and follow her directions (as well as all commanders) and commit to WvW, GoM will soon become in a higher tier.

Fantastic job setting up the CoM guild guys, well done. I see us bumping up here soon. ;P

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Kissy.8215

Kissy.8215

I thought she was great!! When I was on our BL map she was teaching us noobies how/where to set up seige equipment for our defence. I had no idea……

Prepare for your descent into Madness….

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Last night went quite well. Let’s keep things rolling.

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hey guys, Ferrum Blacktide here. In addition to coordination and planning between commanders, we hope that the guild will become somewhat of a governing body determining the fate of the server as a whole, since every commander is part of another guild and we can use this influence to branch out our knowledge and word. I’d like to thank all of you for your support. It means a lot to Saria and I. In addition, Gate of Madness is in dire need of more players joining the server and less leaving. If you dedicated players out there could put the word out there and get more players joining our server we’d be in a much better position to get the GoM WvW ball rolling.

Thank you,
~Ferrum Blacktide

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

More WvW players joining our server means GoM moves up in tiers. Does it necessarily mean more fun? I say no. A few weeks back BP, AR, and GoM were so close in server population that tier 7 was the most even matchup, and we liked it that way. We actually discouraged transfers into the tier. Of course, it happened anyway, first with BP and then with AR. The point is that if WvW is to be fun on GoM again, we have to be competitive in our tier, less fickle when a week starts to look bad, and we have to have some kind of organized strategy and tactics. An alliance helps these things, but more server population does not.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

a) Very happy we have an alliance going. Saria and Ferrum are great commanders.

b) Training and recruiting noobs is exactly want we need. Apparently, GoM is a full server. Take a look at this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/11-30-AR-ET-GoM/page/5#post933200

This means that we have a ton of PvE players which we can recruit, and a steady stream of them who come to WvW all on their own. Some might see this as a downside, but I think it has the potential to be very powerful. Most “end game” PvE players have full sets of exotics and a lot of experience playing with a variety of builds. With a little WvW training, we have a very powerful army just waiting to happen.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

this is what always confused me about pve only players:
zhaitan doesn’t care if you’re shiny or not, but your server could use the help. i’ve said that sentence to one or two major pve guild leaders and what i got back was ’we’d rather pve’
the point is you’re going to have to make them believe being from GoM is different than being from JQ or something.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

this is what always confused me about pve only players:
zhaitan doesn’t care if you’re shiny or not, but your server could use the help. i’ve said that sentence to one or two major pve guild leaders and what i got back was ’we’d rather pve’
the point is you’re going to have to make them believe being from GoM is different than being from JQ or something.

Not everyone finds the same things fun and that’s okay. To get people to start to WvW, we have to show how fun it can be. Not like “Yeah, just hop in and run around aimlessly” but in a “We’re a lean mean disciplined hold-the-line take-the-objective I-was-born-to-do-carpentry-in-the-snow machine”.

Gate of Madness

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

hey guys, first post ever, i have an interest in this topic and came across eviator’s post about guild organisaon and titanlectro and lightsbane and others sharing their thoughts.
saria is indeed a great commander and obviously is passionate about Gate of Madness.

ferrum’s comments about a governing body determining the fate of the server can be misconstrued but i am sure it just means better communication and making the server better as a whole i commend what you guys are doing.

i think a meeting of commanders/guild leaders or their reps is great and it can foster many great benefits.
we can get a pulse of how the players are feeling and how they are enjoying the game esp in relationto wvw.

let me know if i can help in any way.

we are a smallish guild and some of us love wvw, and i am currently helping to level some new players and they get a handle on the game. for the new players which i have taken out into wvw, they had a blast.

stepping out into wvw on your own can be pretty daunting, not knowing exactly what is going on.

my hope is to build up a nice force of guildies who like to wvw and we can come thru and be lia great little tactical unit to command etc.

i agree with styx and titanlectro. players will find different aspects of the game fun, especially the pve’rs.

my plan is to introduce them to the wvw enviroment, show them the ropes (what little i know) etc and the idea is to have fun overall. maybe a Map chat that goes something like – hi some of us are going into wvw, come out with us if you haven’t already , join our vent or teamspeak etc, we’ll team you up, you’ll have a blast etc.

will be doing this soon. will do that with fractals as well. like – hey, new to fractals, come in withus, you’ll have a fun time. creating and being part of a fun and vibrant community/guild/server is important to me.

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Gate of Madness Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

(apologies for the typo and errors. i made my text box bigger and couldn’t resize so couldn’t see some sentences ending)

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness