Gate of Madness promotion

in WvW

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

It’s time to promote Gate of Madness to Silver League so they have a challenge and are not simply taking advantage.

GoM ( the first place world in Bronze league last season ) consistently outnumbers my world ( Devonas Rest, the second place world in Bronze league ) by something on the order of 10-1.

Their karma train reminds me of the Queensdale train. It requires no fighting skill and simply crushes by weight of numbers. The only viable counter is to wait until most of them leave at about 6-7 am PST.

This is an exploit on the part of GoM and makes for a pretty crumby night playing WvW if your world happens to get matched with them.

I spend the night hours back capturing and camp raiding knowing that if I encounter GoM I will have 0 chance of survival. They are seldom seen in groups of less than 5 and that’s very early in the morning. Otherwise, expect 20+.

I’ve heard discussions of having everyone leave until that week is up.

Have some courage and sportsmanship, GoM.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

In before this gets locked…

I’m sorry you guys have to deal with the population disadvantage. We’ve been on that end many times, and it sucks.

But the real kicker is that we’re actually LOSING rating points this week for not crushing the matchup enough! Thanks to the wonderful WvW matchup formula and the disparity between server ratings this week, we’d have to run up the scoreboard all week just break even in the ratings, let alone try to jump a tier. It’s a crappy situation, and sadly, the only solution is to zerg it up even more.

in WvW

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

I for one would also like to see how we would fare against the lower silver league opponents as well, as it would be a nice change of pace from the whole seasons hullabaloo. Believe me, a LOT of GoM peeps would like to see how we would fare against those teams. Still though, I’d be careful for what you wish for. If not us, then will you whine about Sorrow’s Furnace’s giant blobs as well when they’re almost even with us?

Also your last line of your post is very condescending. Its not like we control the matchups we are in. If anything, blame Anet’s glicko system for randomly pitting us against you. If you’re that much at a loss of what to do, just do some more roaming, keep practicing at roaming, and you’ll get better at dodging (maybe even winning) some of those outnumbered fights. It depends how you look at it.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in WvW

Posted by: sishbob.3987

sishbob.3987

It’s time to promote Gate of Madness to Silver League so they have a challenge and are not simply taking advantage.

GoM ( the first place world in Bronze league last season ) consistently outnumbers my world ( Devonas Rest, the second place world in Bronze league ) by something on the order of 10-1.

Their karma train reminds me of the Queensdale train. It requires no fighting skill and simply crushes by weight of numbers. The only viable counter is to wait until most of them leave at about 6-7 am PST.

This is an exploit on the part of GoM and makes for a pretty crumby night playing WvW if your world happens to get matched with them.

I spend the night hours back capturing and camp raiding knowing that if I encounter GoM I will have 0 chance of survival. They are seldom seen in groups of less than 5 and that’s very early in the morning. Otherwise, expect 20+.

Theres a good quote from Ender’s Game, which, and Im paraphrasing here, states that “If you have an advantage in battle, use it” to which it is relied “Oh I did use it. Im only fair minded before an after fights.” Although this is unfair that you basically are getting screwed over because of the large population difference, GoM probably isnt doing it to abuse an exploit or to kitten you off, they use it because they use what was given to them to win. If you are in a duel, and the other guy has a knife, are you gonna say no when you are given a gun and told to shoot?

I fully agree you got stuck in a crap situation, but blaming all of GoM is not even remotely fair to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Oh ok soooo… what you’re saying is… you want me to go back to my fellow Gommies and tell them, “Ok look guys and gals, we are having people complaining on the forums about us having too many people on. I propose we now limit the number of people on a map to 10 to appease any ill will that is out there… oh yeah, also, no more zerging, that apparently is unsportsmanlike and noob.” Did I get that right?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…………….

Look mate, no offense (and yes I know this thread will be locked very soon), Anet designed the system gripe at them… and lets not forget, you are complaining about our being OP… lest we forget season 1 where Kaineng threw up the highest weekly score in history against us? Our success was long overdue… sorry you aren’t along for the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Points a finger but only I know the direction!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I do roam, constantly. Overnight there are often a dozen or less on the maps from my side. Yes, I do manage to pick off somebody from a group now and then. I’ve learned a lot simply because my first mistake means instant death.
The competition at the moment is nonexistant. It’s just survival and hoping to grab a few points before I get found and steamrolled.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

In before this gets locked…

I’m sorry you guys have to deal with the population disadvantage. We’ve been on that end many times, and it sucks.

But the real kicker is that we’re actually LOSING rating points this week for not crushing the matchup enough! Thanks to the wonderful WvW matchup formula and the disparity between server ratings this week, we’d have to run up the scoreboard all week just break even in the ratings, let alone try to jump a tier. It’s a crappy situation, and sadly, the only solution is to zerg it up even more.

Thanks to RNG match making SF was selected to fight in the lower silver bracket rather than GoM. NSP taking a break to recover from the season has resulted in a generous donation of glicko rating to SF. GoM might have a lot more time in bronze depending on the next round of matches.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Thanks to RNG match making SF was selected to fight in the lower silver bracket rather than GoM. NSP taking a break to recover from the season has resulted in a generous donation of glicko rating to SF. GoM might have a lot more time in bronze depending on the next round of matches.

Next week: GoM/Kain/ET

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Being on the recieving end sux but it also has a lot of advantages, you just gotta find em.
It would be great if GoM could go up to a higher tier, after just getting back to GoM after last season on IOJ it would be amazing to continue fighting the abundance of roamers you see in silver tier compared to bronze.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Devona’s Rest Commander Fiery Midgetsword here. I can attest to the fact that GoM vastly outnumbers us, especially during off hours. Last night, we spent about 4 hours just trying to keep GoM at bay. They’d attack our keep, we’d manage to push them out, take Umber and Danelon, and then as we try for Bravost or Langor, here comes GoM again and it’s back to the keep as they bust our walls/gates down with sheer numbers and we only manage to force them out with help from our NPCs. We had virtually zero supply due to being attacked immediately after repairing.

Tl;dr I’m not trying to bash GoM for what they do, but they definitely have the numbers, persistence, and clock presence to go to Silver.

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

We are thinking if we can beat our current match-up by 100k, maybe then we can be put in Tier 5 (Silver League).

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

GoM papers everything with huge overnight zergs, but yesterday they lost two waypoints to four players during the afternoon, including one T3 keep with 1,700 supplies. Today they lost their entire map to around ten players during the same time period while they zerged around EBG, also including a T3 keep that was capped last.

I’d be quite happy to see them move up a tier, but they really seem too lazy to stick in a tier where their off hours coverage is expected to do anything besides blob up and circle cap.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

as a CDer, i was kind of expecting to fight GoM in the current match up just to see how their WvW players are like, but instead we were given SF.

no disrespect to SF, but we fought you a couple of times already. it is a good change if we get to fight GoM next week.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

GoM papers everything with huge overnight zergs, but yesterday they lost two waypoints to four players during the afternoon, including one T3 keep with 1,700 supplies. Today they lost their entire map to around ten players during the same time period while they zerged around EBG, also including a T3 keep that was capped last.

I’d be quite happy to see them move up a tier, but they really seem too lazy to stick in a tier where their off hours coverage is expected to do anything besides blob up and circle cap.

Sorry for the huge off-hours coverage.. It’s actually called we have a dedicated NA that stays up when we need to in order to get kitten done or else we run into this:

Attachments:

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

(edited by DaMikenatr.7041)

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

This is why the winner moves up/loser moves down system would have been better. This is also why S2 should have been swiss-style but with no “tiers/leagues” allowing servers to move up and down the ladder over 9 weeks to actually give us some balanced matches over time.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

• Stuff ****

No sportsmanship…. how many feast of coleslaw + ballistas have i given you guys. Ungrateful,

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I am confused on how the OP thinks this is an exploit, You should first look up what that work means before using it.

But what is Huge night coverage to you guys? As its all relative. What is huge and an exploit for what GoM does, I feel SoS would be game breaking for you. lel

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This is why the winner moves up/loser moves down system would have been better. This is also why S2 should have been swiss-style but with no “tiers/leagues” allowing servers to move up and down the ladder over 9 weeks to actually give us some balanced matches over time.

Aye. There should be NO tiers. Season 3 needs to be a tier free , winner up, loser down system lasting no longer than 8 weeks.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

the tiers better unlock now that the tourney is done. its not like we are rewarded anyway when outside tourney.
i dont know how to complain in the right way. Everybody knows that wvw is messed up. Everyone knows the ranking is kittened and the way that people get rewarded is completely the opposite of what it should be.
Everybody knows that a close match is a fun match.
Everybody except maybe Anet because there has been complaints and solutions being posted on here since the game started because to everybody playing it all so obvious.

After time of being frustrated and knowing that trying to think productively is useless since things wont change it just leaves me to think “i guess i have no choice but to find another game or something else to do”

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

To be fair GoM has stated a few times that they wanted to move up, they got screwed by the random Glicko and SF got to move up instead so you can’t blame GoM for Anets system.

On the topic of superior numbers, yip they got them and we love them for it, its endless bags. I would much rather fight GoM then one of the lower servers who don’t even come out to play.

They will move up in the near future, take advantage of the fights while you can !

I’ll add, that I don’t know if the OP is FC or DR but if he/she is DR, they speak for themselves only not the server.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Is GoM the new BG?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Porter.2830

Porter.2830

Is GoM the new BG?

BG lost S2. They r t3h scrubz nao.

Winner & 1st Runner Up: Mirror Staring Contest

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think that ArenaNet should use “Average number of players in WvW” as the primary metric for tier grouping, not win/loss ratios (which should still be a metric, but secondary in the calculation).

It is quite disheartening knowing that all the organization in the world won’t help you against superior numbers of the order of magnitude GoM brings against the other Bronze tier servers.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

you’re forgetting that a lot of GOM doesn’t even care anymore this week (and have been taking it easy the last few weeks), and were discouraged we werent’ moved up to silver this week. why should we care when we have been undefeated the last 9 weeks? most of us in the two main wvw guilds i run with in GOM really don’t care much at all right now and are just barely trying enough to keep our skills polished while we wait for what we’re looking forward to. We’re not being lazy or sucking, we just don’t see the point in putting forth a lot of effort this week. enjoy your caps, but again, we really don’t care, and we’re still winning.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

you’re forgetting that a lot of GOM doesn’t even care anymore this week (and have been taking it easy the last few weeks), and were discouraged we werent’ moved up to silver this week. why should we care when we have been undefeated the last 9 weeks? most of us in the two main wvw guilds i run with in GOM really don’t care much at all right now and are just barely trying enough to keep our skills polished while we wait for what we’re looking forward to. We’re not being lazy or sucking, we just don’t see the point in putting forth a lot of effort this week. enjoy your caps, but again, we really don’t care, and we’re still winning.

Because winning while losing rating is how GoM will get to silver league…

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think that ArenaNet should use “Average number of players in WvW” as the primary metric for tier grouping, not win/loss ratios (which should still be a metric, but secondary in the calculation).

It is quite disheartening knowing that all the organization in the world won’t help you against superior numbers of the order of magnitude GoM brings against the other Bronze tier servers.

GoM can’t be that big. They’re only beating DR by less than 20K. That’s pretty close. The only match closer is T1 and T8.

in WvW

mtpelion.4562

GoM can’t be that big. They’re only beating DR by less than 20K. That’s pretty close. The only match closer is T1 and T8.

“Big” is a relative term.

GoM isn’t big when compared to the gold servers, but population-wise it is huge compared to the bronze servers.

Some of the bronze servers were able to make the matchups competitive, but it required exceptional organization (kudos to the DR commanders on that front btw).

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

GoM may have significant population. SO what. Adapt. Look for other opportunities. Find weakness. Kitten their own people are telling you they don’t care. Pride and vanity make fine targets. Glicko random rating blah blah blah. Until they break the rating and climb through a insurmountable level of points then they can stay here and run with DR. No different then a self righteous demanding teenager you can move along when you push enough to get there.

OP- How long have you been on our server? DO you know where we have come from? GoM is nothing but a target rich environment.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

mtpelion.4562

OP- How long have you been on our server? DO you know where we have come from? GoM is nothing but a target rich environment.

Most definitely so. I managed to get nearly all of my Spring 2014 achieves in GoM borderlands causing havoc!

DR certainly has the talent and organization necessary to make our GoM matchups competitive.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

GoM may have significant population. SO what. Adapt. Look for other opportunities. Find weakness. Kitten their own people are telling you they don’t care. Pride and vanity make fine targets. Glicko random rating blah blah blah. Until they break the rating and climb through a insurmountable level of points then they can stay here and run with DR. No different then a self righteous demanding teenager you can move along when you push enough to get there.

Oh, yeah?
Well, DR people smell funny.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Wow, this thread survived a day without getting closed.

Anyway, I’m pretty interested in how GoM will do against Silver servers, especially since I still have some friends there.

However, if what I’m told is true, I don’t see GoM doing well — unless they get out of EB. I get that in Bronze, EB is usually where the fights are, but in Silver and above, your attention should focused on the BL’s because that’s where most of the points come from.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

I am curious if theres still zergs of people trying to PvD keeps when there is no commander on in the higher tiers
It depresses me when this happen when there are empty borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Wow, this thread survived a day without getting closed.

Anyway, I’m pretty interested in how GoM will do against Silver servers, especially since I still have some friends there.

However, if what I’m told is true, I don’t see GoM doing well — unless they get out of EB. I get that in Bronze, EB is usually where the fights are, but in Silver and above, your attention should focused on the BL’s because that’s where most of the points come from.

GoM was always one of those servers that didn’t really operate very well outside of EB. They’re also really, really bad at defending. But, GoM does have the potential rectify both these problems, as they do have solid guilds and very, very large pug zergs. The issue is, they didn’t do as well as they should have against servers they were fighting. Sorrow’s Furnace and Darkhaven which both had distinct disadvantages against GoM (SF had no oceanic/sea coverage, Darkhaven had no organization and no NA coverage) were both able to give GoM a run for their money at various points in season 2. GoM’s numbers always pulled them through, but it won’t save them now unless they shape up.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

So where’s your courage if you are just gonna leave and not play this week?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Meh. Not our problem but Anet’s problem. But seriously, and no offense to Kaineng and ET, I enjoy playing GoM, FC, SF, DH more. At least we’re not fighting gates that don’t hit back and there’s bound to be people to fight if you roam. Chill and just play, enjoy the DR way.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Funny thing is;

We didnt win because of zerg numbers, but because we actually organized and played to win.

>[ASH] would constantly be running on enemy borderlands with 20-30 people, facing 50+ zergs and winning (I often joined them, I can verify the validity of this).

>We brought the ENTIRE server under one single and unified TS server, which allowed organization.

>As for coverage, it is BS. We are mostly NA, the reason why it appeared to have it is because our guild leader, who is an West player, would stay all night capping stuff, together with some guildies (Im East, and most other people were also NA).

We actually fought for that, we actually made sacrifices (NA doing night capping and keeping everything upgraded).

We were always a 21-23/24 server, but ever since the TS and the moral boosting we got from the big guilds (GoM, ASH, Worm, etc) we were able to pull ourselves together and win.

You want to experience the same? Try working towards unifying the community. Most servers have the capability of queueing WvW. Gate of Madness barely ever had queue, if anything on EB during peak times, and no more than 20 people.

You lost because we won, not because you sucked, I would dare to say FC and DR gave us a run for our money, and we loved it!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Arius.7031

Funny thing is;

We didnt win because of zerg numbers, but because we actually organized and played to win.

>[ASH] would constantly be running on enemy borderlands with 20-30 people, facing 50+ zergs and winning (I often joined them, I can verify the validity of this).

>We brought the ENTIRE server under one single and unified TS server, which allowed organization.

>As for coverage, it is BS. We are mostly NA, the reason why it appeared to have it is because our guild leader, who is an West player, would stay all night capping stuff, together with some guildies (Im East, and most other people were also NA).

We actually fought for that, we actually made sacrifices (NA doing night capping and keeping everything upgraded).

We were always a 21-23/24 server, but ever since the TS and the moral boosting we got from the big guilds (GoM, ASH, Worm, etc) we were able to pull ourselves together and win.

You want to experience the same? Try working towards unifying the community. Most servers have the capability of queueing WvW. Gate of Madness barely ever had queue, if anything on EB during peak times, and no more than 20 people.

You lost because we won, not because you sucked, I would dare to say FC and DR gave us a run for our money, and we loved it!

Uh… Not the story I heard. Didn’t you guys receive quite a few transfers back from higher tiers, including multiple guilds (iirc rise, one of your biggest guilds, came back pre s2 no?) Further, sorry to go bubble bursting but… gom could not beat Dh or SF without significant transfers. Even DR, a server that had beaten gom for 2nd place, got a huge massive boat load of transfers, was only a match for SF and later in the season able to beat Dh. You’re saying GoM, a server weaker than DR, suddenly went from t7 to top t6 server without any significant transfers? You actually think, for a moment, that you could lose to a server like DR, them get multiple massive guilds (dmd, tbt, zs etc…), and you somehow beat them because you get more organized? Don’t buy it, not a single bit.

I ain’t trying to dis GoM. I have friends on GoM who were from Dh (members of the “WHO” guild). But pretty much everyone in bronze knows you won MOSTLY due to numbers. You would, for entire days, lose your entire bl with no real attempt at defense. That’s not good organization. You mostly survived on just swarming enemy servers in EB. That’s not to say GoM doesn’t have good organization, just that I don’t think it’s what suddenly turned everything around for GoM.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Funny thing is;

Uh… Not the story I heard. Didn’t you guys receive quite a few transfers back from higher tiers, including multiple guilds (iirc rise, one of your biggest guilds, came back pre s2 no?) Further, sorry to go bubble bursting but… gom could not beat Dh or SF without significant transfers. Even DR, a server that had beaten gom for 2nd place, got a huge massive boat load of transfers, was only a match for SF and later in the season able to beat Dh. You’re saying GoM, a server weaker than DR, suddenly went from t7 to top t6 server without any significant transfers? You actually think, for a moment, that you could lose to a server like DR, them get multiple massive guilds (dmd, tbt, zs etc…), and you somehow beat them because you get more organized? Don’t buy it, not a single bit.

I ain’t trying to dis GoM. I have friends on GoM who were from Dh (members of the “WHO” guild). But pretty much everyone in bronze knows you won MOSTLY due to numbers. You would, for entire days, lose your entire bl with no real attempt at defense. That’s not good organization. You mostly survived on just swarming enemy servers in EB. That’s not to say GoM doesn’t have good organization, just that I don’t think it’s what suddenly turned everything around for GoM.

Much of your info is wrong.

Our two most recent transfers were [WHO] and [RISE], both of which had joined long before season 2 started. There were a couple of guilds that expressed interest in joining us around the start of the season, but opted instead to move to other servers (YB and HoD, if my memory serves me right). Don’t get me wrong… both [WHO] and [RISE] contribute heavily to our success, but both guilds are roughly only around 20 members strong and usually run with less. [WHO] tends to be more defensive-minded and very active on the borderland maps, while [RISE] enjoys hunting down and engaging with the larger guilds from other servers.

What you’re seeing in terms of larger numbers comes from our ridiculously huge PvE player base that jumped in to participate for the season. That exact same thing happened in season 1 as well. While every server got their own share of inflated numbers from achievement hunters, our community leaders made a huge push right out of the gate to get as many of those new players as possible on to Teamspeak, help them find parties with each other, and instruct them on how WvW works, etc. Paragues from [ASH] and Giggles from [GoM], in particular, were both staying up insanely late every night during the season to keep the pugs running. High morale + winning/rewards = happy pugs = a decent retention rate. We even saw a few of our larger traditionally PvX guilds like [Worm], [vox], [ART], and [GoM] jump in and take more active roles in WvW.

TL;DR: No transfers. We just blow up like a puffer fish for seasons. Except this time, our community managers were ready for it and worked hard to try to hang on to as much of that influx as possible.

in WvW

Fortus.6175

I cant speak for the entire server, however I can speak for my guild when I say this;

we have 500 people, 100 on at any given time, and you would barely ever see anyone playing in WvW at any given time. We didnt get many transfers, Worm was one of them, but they are small but dedicated. Besides that all major guilds representing GOM have been there since the beginning. GoM, ASH, etc.

I know it can be hard to believe but ever since the TS we DID organize and brought everyone together, and it was because of this that we were able to pull ahead. Moral plays a big part. There are commanders who represent WvW widely, we are getting more and more people into the TS server. My guild, [GoM] is now seeing more actions and more representation, as well as people actually caring about WvW.

Like I said, we dont have queues in WvW except for prime times or reset, and never went above 20 in EB….. sometimes our borderland with no more than 7-8.

In fact, I would dare to say the enemy blobs were always bigger during prime time for other servers, I remeber getting rolled even in borderlands.

Organization DO matter, moral DO matter.

On the enemy rank there has always been good guilds with equally large number; [MvM], [CoSA], etc..

We have always had the numbers, just not a single banner to rise to. All severs have the same potential…seriously.

Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

“Yeah dude… GoM have less people than ET and won Bronze League without losing because they are good and you are all bad… Stick with it.”

It’s pretty much what I’m reading from GoM posters…

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

“Yeah dude… GoM have less people than ET and won Bronze League without losing because they are good and you are all bad… Stick with it.”

Might want to read things a bit more slowly then, since apparently you missed the part where I said we had a HUGE influx of players for the season. I just pointed out that they weren’t transfers.

l2forum gosh

in WvW

Arius.7031

I cant speak for the entire server, however I can speak for my guild when I say this;

we have 500 people, 100 on at any given time, and you would barely ever see anyone playing in WvW at any given time. We didnt get many transfers, Worm was one of them, but they are small but dedicated. Besides that all major guilds representing GOM have been there since the beginning. GoM, ASH, etc.

I know it can be hard to believe but ever since the TS we DID organize and brought everyone together, and it was because of this that we were able to pull ahead. Moral plays a big part. There are commanders who represent WvW widely, we are getting more and more people into the TS server. My guild, [GoM] is now seeing more actions and more representation, as well as people actually caring about WvW.

Like I said, we dont have queues in WvW except for prime times or reset, and never went above 20 in EB….. sometimes our borderland with no more than 7-8.

In fact, I would dare to say the enemy blobs were always bigger during prime time for other servers, I remeber getting rolled even in borderlands.

Organization DO matter, moral DO matter.

On the enemy rank there has always been good guilds with equally large number; [MvM], [CoSA], etc..

We have always had the numbers, just not a single banner to rise to. All severs have the same potential…seriously.

All server have the same potential? WUT? WvW is primarily population bro, don’t trick yourself into believing otherwise. If ET did everything right, just like GoM apparently did, they’d still lose to kaineng/ar. GoM did well in organization, nobody is denying that… But don’t deceive yourselves into thinking that’s why you won. SF has superior zerg capabilities and organization to you any day. You only beat them by coverage.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Fortus.6175

I remember back in the days when WvW wasnt all tiered up that Kaignen, DR and TC were all up in our kitten s…….

Now THAT was disheartening and demoralizing. It was specifically because of Kaignen that I gave up all together in WvW. Many people could relate to this. We didnt get new players as noted by many, we simply recovered our dignity and will to fight.

Edit: At the poster above all; exactly! You finally got it. As you said, we dont have numbers, we have coverage, which came from organization. Believe me, my guild leader was not very happy with it but she was the one in charge of night coverage. We spent many nights just running around upgrading, papering stuff. Strategies, no number is what won, which is not what the OP is complaining, which is that we have great numbers.

I agree that coverage is EFfffed up, but so is zerging, but then again, what should be what determines wins?

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Might want to read things a bit more slowly then, since apparently you missed the part where I said we had a HUGE influx of players for the season. I just pointed out that they weren’t transfers.

l2forum gosh

You speak like your server is the only one that have achievment hunters… Every server had them.

But the servers with more coverage will always achieve victory, keeping these folks entertained. The ones that couldn’t win (less coverage), lost the achievment hunters when they finished their meta.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You speak like your server is the only one that have achievment hunters… Every server had them.

What you’re seeing in terms of larger numbers comes from our ridiculously huge PvE player base that jumped in to participate for the season. That exact same thing happened in season 1 as well. While every server got their own share of inflated numbers from achievement hunters, our community leaders made a huge push right out of the gate to get as many of those new players as possible on to Teamspeak, help them find parties with each other, and instruct them on how WvW works, etc.

There ya go, little buddy. I bolded the part you skipped over.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Heh, ok you got me there…

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You’re only reading 10% of the posts then.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Heh, ok you got me there…

A civil discussion just happened on the WvW forums. We are evolving!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

The only reason GoM really beats DR is because the DR zerglings get demotivated ridiculously easy and the only people that stay around are roamers that just pick on bad people. As a new commander, when I commanded and my zergs have been outnumbered by both DR and FC (for example) the only way I’ve kept EB was demotivating both servers while defending. I’ve spent more time roaming though.

Having a more relevant night crew and people more resilient to demoralization isn’t exploiting. Thanks for your great sportsmanship, Ithilwen.