Gates of Madness

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

gates used hacks in their last game rotation. orbs stolen left and right. Was surprising to see all 3 orbs taken from the other teams and “appearing” in gates keeps in all 3 maps within a 2 minute time period without taking the keeps holding them.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i have reports of all worlds doing it. check your own house first.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

gates used hacks in their last game rotation. orbs stolen left and right. Was surprising to see all 3 orbs taken from the other teams and “appearing” in gates keeps in all 3 maps within a 2 minute time period without taking the keeps holding them.

happened to us twice this week. try again.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Xercisis.9768

Xercisis.9768

Thank you arenanet, you say night capping is ok because you respect all players time. yet here we are watching hackers capture orbs on all three maps and all six of the alters broken and unusable. Thanks for respecting our time and at least responding to this issue. Nice to see you value the Oceanic players time but not the NA players time.

carry on….

Xercisis, Guild Leader of Defiance(RUN)
Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

Okay, so with GoM attacking and being more powerful at the moment due to having all 3 orbs in less than 10 minutes without attacking a single keep.

Sea of Sorrows is asking Tarnished Coast for a small alliance to crush and push GoM into spawns. I understand this will come to a price. EB will be open a free for all as it were. GoM borderlands be split in two between SoS and TC. TC Borderlands be left to TC and SoS borderlands left to SoS. With this we could easily hold off GoM and push them to spawns I believe.

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Yay they have 3 orb bonus now.
Lightsbane, we dont need to cheat to get the orb, house is checked, if we were doing it we would have at least one orb right now.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: wicket.2485

wicket.2485

Our WvWvW match is still not fixed. This is kind of a big deal to WvW players. If we could get some kind of A.net post, then it would at least let us know that they’re aware of the issue. Thanks and kittens.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Soma.1806

Soma.1806

Instead they just banned Akadios from the forums for talking about an exploit. This is insane.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Akadios got banned? That’s the most insane thing I’ve heard yet, even with floating people and instant orb stealing.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: JonoVision.4985

JonoVision.4985

Yah why ban the hacker? Instead ban the people reporting it, so that the Hackers can continue. Shhh let’s not talk about it, there is nothing wrong with our game. Pfft. Can’t even call a GM in a game.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: zerofaults.6192

zerofaults.6192

Great to know they are reading the forums, just not doing anything about the issue.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

We aren’t attacking SoS until every GoM is dead and their lands are wiped out. Server allies until the guilty party is exposed here.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

So we are grabbing the orb for fun just to run around with it till it despawns and GoM is building siege at the orb site to protect it =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

We aren’t attacking SoS until every GoM is dead and their lands are wiped out. Server allies until the guilty party is exposed here.

then i guess you should investigate SW(they are the hackers, i do not know the actual guild name) instead of blanket accusing like an idiot.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

Break it, you bought it. The guilty will get theirs. For now, all they did was wake a sleeping giant. No one is accusing you of being a hacker. They’re just going to kill you and burn your keeps and towers, in a video game.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I’m accusing SW. Until you expose the player your server is going to get its due.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

Yay they have 3 orb bonus now.
Lightsbane, we dont need to cheat to get the orb, house is checked, if we were doing it we would have at least one orb right now.

yet it happened, oh well.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I’m accusing SW. Until you expose the player your server is going to get its due.

maybe you should look to arena net instead of throwing mindless punches.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I assure you, these aren’t mindless punches. Can you see the screenshots above? There will be no quarter until cheating is stopped.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I’m fine with holding our keep, tower and supply camp in TC borderlands and just attacking GoM non-stop until their hackers are hung from the highest mountain in WvWvW.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

I’m fine with holding our keep, tower and supply camp in TC borderlands and just attacking GoM non-stop until their hackers are hung from the highest mountain in WvWvW.

It really only makes sense. They get permanent +hp/stats modifier for the rest of the week. Not that I’ve seen any demonstrable need to team up on them. Even with the orb buffs, they melt like butter, but these are players that know they are fighting at triple effectiveness and are perfectly fine with using the benefits because they can absolve all guilt with the words “We didn’t do it.”

No, you didn’t, but the matchup is already tainted against you. If TC or SoS wins, we won despite cheating. If GoM wins, it was because “that hacker at the beginning of the match”. What is done, is done. All we can do now is get ANet to do something about it so it doesn’t happen next week to someone else.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

It’s like I mentioned in another thread: Imagine how desperate or, at the very least, small you have to be to have to even resort to this.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chrysalis.5983

Chrysalis.5983

@Sharpclaw: What on earth makes you think it’s about desperation? Cheaters gonna cheat no matter what the matchup is.

Whoever it is might as well have named their character kitten Dastardly.

@Dwok: So what should GoM players do, just completely abandon WvWvW entirely until the hackers are banned? Yeah, that seems reasonable. Completely and totally reasonable. Never ye mind that there are people that bought the game specifically to play that game mode, no, they must abandon the field or transfer due to committing the incredible sin of playing on the same server as a speed hacker.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

@Chrysalis: Exposing the identity of the hacker would be a good start. I’m sure most of us would move on to business as usual. Until then, consider your server the cheater’s realm until due to the screenshots above.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

GoM has invulnerable keeps due to invulnerable keep lords from hacking as well? IF not, convince your server to abandon the keeps and let SoS or TC to take them. The orbs will at least be reset at that point. From then on, I don’t know. There’s not a lot that GoM can do as a playerbase without ANET’s support to redeem their server.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chrysalis.5983

Chrysalis.5983

Exposure would be worthwhile if you could actually do something with it, which you can’t. Or at least, can’t do anything more than you’re doing. Besides which I expect cheating is going to run rampant across multiple servers in the coming weeks if the hammer doesn’t come down soon.

@Scorpio: The Keep Lords thing is an in-game exploit where Determined isn’t dropping from the Lord when it should, no out of game hacking required. Also more aggravatingly, ANet has a fix for this in the works but it isn’t coming until the next patch. :|

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

@Dwok: So what should GoM players do.

Tell Arenanet. It’s the only thing any of us can do. The match up is tainted, but we can make it clear this can’t keep happening. We need at least a player usable ‘reset’ mechanism for the orb pedestals at bare minimum.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: omgwtfbbq.5374

omgwtfbbq.5374

Yes, let’s just punish every single player on GoM because of what a few people did. That makes just perfect sense, it’s mind-boggling. No one besides Anet can do anything about it, all we can do is report this said offense and hope it gets taken care of soon. It’s amazing how some people make it look like it was the entire server’s fault and not just the hacker’s.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’m from Sea of Sorrows and I think it’s very unfair to judge Gate of Madness for one persons doing, however they are doing absolutely little to help the situation in which I don’t absolve that. All I’m interested in someone to blame.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I wouldn’t say to judge the entire server. But the players who are benefiting from those cheated orbs, you can bet I will be leading every attack force I can against them.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: omgwtfbbq.5374

omgwtfbbq.5374

I’m from Sea of Sorrows and I think it’s very unfair to judge Gate of Madness for one persons doing, however they are doing absolutely little to help the situation in which I don’t absolve that. All I’m interested in someone to blame.

How could we “help” the situation exactly?

I wouldn’t say to judge the entire server. But the players who are benefiting from those cheated orbs, you can bet I will be leading every attack force I can against them.

This in itself is a contradiction. You say you wouldn’t judge the entire server, but you go on to say everyone is benefiting from these cheated orbs and you will lead every attack against them. So, are we to just stop playing WvW until Anet fixes this? How does that seem fair for the legit players?

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Email arenanet’s team, send them tweets, let them know that you don’t enjoy a few hackers turning both servers on you in WvWvW. Right now, there’s what, 20 forum posters and how many players in the game? It’s hard for them to see it is as something they need to address when they have a lot of other paying customer’s concerns.

Yes, it sucks. But the only thing a lot of people on the opposing servers can do at the moment is focus on GoM and make the hacker regret using their game breaking tactics to win the match.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Deya.3796

Deya.3796

why do people act all high and mighty as if they owned their server, just go back to your petty night capping tactics im going to bed, Madness out

(edited by Deya.3796)

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

No judging going on here, as the match is already tainted. It just happens to be someone on your server that did it. On the other hand, it hurts the reputation of your server and makes it only good strategy to make your triple orb buff mean nothing. Notice our help to SoS getting the orb back to DB? Just the start.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

@Deya this coming from the team in last place with 3 orbs in 10 minutes?

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Deya.3796

@sceptus this is comming from some noob that thinks he controls his whole server

Gates of Madness

in WvW

sceptus.9415

@Deya don’t whine about it.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Deya.3796

i wont, but ill see you in WvW but need to sleep now…… ugh

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Night capping tactics?
Our server is almost entirely comprised of Oceanic players. It just so happens our prime time is while the US is sleeping.

How do you think we feel when we wake up and all of our nodes are taken? We don’t lash out and complain about you guys.

If you think Oceanic players weren’t asking for our own servers from day one, you are sorely mistaken. It is what it is, and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Eris Ataxiar [HLX] – Sea of Sorrows

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: majik.2035

majik.2035

I really dont understand why so much hate over “night tactics”. ITs a 24hr battle. That happens. In war, people attack at night. Get over it. Mobilize a night time for or suffer.. that is just how it is.

I mean, what about day time fighting? a lot of people work, they cant do anything so… or people who play from other countries.. Im an American in Japan, so im 12hrs off from my friends. Sometimes we cross over, thats late at night/early morning.. so should I not be allowed to play because 6pm Friday afternoon for me is 5am fri morning for you?

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

It’s slightly annoying, but I lol. When SoS takes over during their primetime, we TC folks were plotting on ways to try and make their takeover more difficult and how to support our smaller Oceanic presence.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Muzak.1508

Muzak.1508

Night capping as already been addressed officially by ANet. Everyone lives in different time zones get over it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Night-Capping-and-YOU

Muzaak – [MB] Mirage Brigade
80 Necromancer
Sea of Sorrows

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Almost all of them in which you can get a close enough look show Sanctified Wrath as the guild. Judging from the time stamps on some of these, they have been getting away with this for weeks.

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Muzak.1508

Muzak.1508

Pitiful that AreaNet hasn’t done anything about this.

Muzaak – [MB] Mirage Brigade
80 Necromancer
Sea of Sorrows

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Thanks Shaojack, good to see more of the community outside the official GW2 forums is taking a serious look at this.

I think it’s really kitteny they banned Akadios in that youtube video from the forums for whistleblowing however.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

This in itself is a contradiction. You say you wouldn’t judge the entire server, but you go on to say everyone is benefiting from these cheated orbs and you will lead every attack against them.

Let’s use logic:

A) “An enemy that has the advantage in orbs is dangerous (by virtue of their statistical advantage).”
B) “It is in the general best interest to act with rapidity to remove dangerous enemies and their holdings”.
C) “Not all players were culpable in the unfortunately dubious means used to acquire the orbs.”

? “While not all players are culpable in the acquisition of the orb, their possession, at the time, made them statistically more dangerous. Thus, they were dangerous. Thus, it was in the general best interest of their opponents to act rapidly to remove their holdings and advantage.”

Bottom line, you can blame the one while also acknowledging the effect their actions had for the many. And you can act accordingly.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Here is another one, in which they actually managed to down him, but he flew off before they could finish. This one is from last night inside GoM borderland.
Thank you Aldor for recording this.

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

Here is another one, in which they actually managed to down him, but he flew off before they could finish. This one is from last night inside GoM borderland.
Thank you Aldor for recording this.

Sanctum of Rall

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

Tarnished Coast, Sea of Sorrows and other servers:

I know many GoM players have stated this, and I realize I am only one voice of the many in GoM, however I would like to sincerely and publicly apologize for this incredibly unsportsmanlike conduct by a handful of those who love to ruin the game for everyone.

I do not blame you for creating an alliance against GoM, and you certainly have the right to continue doing so, however please understand that this is the work of a rogue player(s), and it is NOT condoned by the rest of the GoM server population. We (or I rather) truly apologize for these hackers ruining your WvW experience. I am ashamed and embarrassed for the actions of these hackers.

I do hope that in the coming weeks, GoM would be given the chance to re-establish, and organize itself so that these hacking incidents are greatly diminished. I hope that should these incidents occur again, we would have a system in place to rebalance the game for the other competing servers.

(edited by gosu.4128)