Gearing

Gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Q:

I’ve heard rumors that the difference between ascended and exotic in WvW is negligible due to scaling regardless of how drastic the actual stat difference may appear. So I pose these questions:
What would the difference in DPS (as a percentage) be between two identical classes (with same traits, weapons, runes, & sigils) both in 100% berserker stat gear (Power/Prec/Crit Dmg), one with ascended & one with exotic?
What would the difference in HP/toughness (as a percentage) be between two identical classes (with same traits, weapons, runes, & sigils) both in 100% soldiers (Power/Vit/Toughness), one with ascended & one with exotic?

(edited by Simplicity.7208)

Gearing

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Berserker benefits substantially more due to the scaling of critical damage.

Conversely condition focus build won’t see much improvement at all.

There have been exhaustive threads covering it in other subforums… but…. you know…. there’s no functional search option…. so have fun finding them.

In terms of HP/toughness the gains are modest, though once ascended armor comes in to play it will likely become significant.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

Gearing

in WvW

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Berserker benefits substantially more due to the scaling of critical damage.

Conversely condition focus build won’t see much improvement at all.

There have been exhaustive threads covering it in other subforums… but…. you know…. there’s no functional search option…. so have fun finding them.

In terms of HP/toughness the gains are modest, though once ascended armor comes in to play it will likely become significant.

Based on what you see with the stats, that would be the case. Way I heard it though, ascended armor gets scaled down to be roughly the same as exotic armor in WvW. So that’s not the case? It just gives you whatever advantage ascended has over exotic?

Gearing

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Someone more qualified would have to answer that. I heard somewhere that uptick scaling brings you up to rare level effectiveness from you gear after taking into account any discrepancy between your character level and what you actually have equipped. A lvl 80 in exotics won’t be dropped down to the same rare threshold and I can’t imagine ascended gear would either. Again, it’s really only hearsay though.

I can say that ascended weapons and trinkets add meaningful stat gains over exotics in WvW and have no reason to suspect that armor would be different.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]