Gem Store Items and World vs. World

in WvW

Posted by: Nalia Ironstar.5470

Nalia Ironstar.5470

So, I would like to first say that I love the Gem Store and RMT concept. I really cba to grind away 10 hours a day, each day, to earn what I could by just working half an hour in real life. I greatly support buying everything else with Mastercard.

That being said, there are many players, like me, who only or primarily do WvW. I actually would be just fine with logging straight into Home BL and not ever seeing PvE content. As such, many of the Gem Store items (like Bouquet of Roses, Water Balloon stuff, etc.) do not work in WvW. I understand there were some exploits at one time, with fear spam in costume form and stuff, but it would really help you guys make more money if you can get that stuff sorted out in some method other than barring its use.

Thanks for the Gem Store, though. I am an 8+ year GW1 player, and it always bugged me that I could not just buy my gear with real money when all I actually wanted to do was PvP. (Don’t get started on PvP gear is free, because any PvPer knows PvE gear was dominant.) So, keep up the great stuff going, and I hope another 8+ years will be spent in this game. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

When I saw you with the Torment skins, I thought you were a GW1 player but didn’t get the chance to ask.

I agree- it would be fun to be able to use some of that stuff in WvW during down times when not much is going on.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Indeed, I bought the Water Balloons Bucket, cos who doesnt like water balloons?!!

WvW players, according to Anet.

I WANT TO USE MY WATER BALLOONS IN WvW!!!!!!!!!!!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I would also like water balloons, thankful bobbleheads was not banned too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I hate the gem store concept. Its what allows them to neglect WvW. I’ll never play another game again with it.

Having said that if they want to put things in the gem store that would allow them to pay attention to WvW then do it.

A good one would be an anti-finisher. Someone suggested it before but its a great thing for WvW’ers.

An anti-finisher is something that you use when you get stomped. It puts up an opposing graphic to the person who stomped you – basically giving them the big middle finger. Lol, even I’d buy that.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Water balloons don’t work in WvW, DOH! That was the reason I got them to pass time if you stuck on sentry duty. That hurts.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I have the impression that WvW players are the ones that spend more money in the TP.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Water balloons don’t work in WvW, DOH! That was the reason I got them to pass time if you stuck on sentry duty. That hurts.

I know it’s a toy and all that but I think it would be cool if it actually caused damage to an opposing player ..

I don’t want costume brawl .. I hate costume brawl .. I want toys in WvW that actually are useful .. so for example, using the Water balloons gives you:
1. Freeze Opponent on impact (balloon is filled with liquid nitrogen)
2. AOE burn (balloon filled with naphalm)
3. AOE speed boon (balloon filled with Adrenaline)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I have the impression that WvW players are the ones that spend more money in the TP.

What on Earth could possibly give you that impression?!? Armor and weapon skins?