Gems for Transfering need to ...

in WvW

Posted by: SaXiar.2198

SaXiar.2198

increased. The price for solo server (w/o links) is okay, but the price for the linked partner is too cheap. For example: Desolation.
The cost is/was 500 gems to join a T1-server with high population. Since it’s cheap as kitten, people try to stack one or two server again. That needs to be fixed.

My solution would be:
1.) Link partner has the same prices of gems like the host server.
The hoster has “very high” population, so the “medium” link partner has the price of 1800 gems aswell.

or

2.) Base gems cost (500 gems) + additional gems addicted to the population of both server together.
Medium: 0
High: 1000
Very High: 1500

-> 500 + 0 = T6-T5 (Tier)
-> 500 + 1000 = T4-T3
-> 500 + 1500 = T2-T1

Your minds?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks [EU]
Main profession: Thief & Guardian
Focus on: WvW , PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I’d agree that the linked server needs to have prices set as high as the server they are linked to. Another option would be to open transfers for a set amount of time as the link was running out, then lock transfers before relinking.

It’s almost ludicrous to see ppl paying 500 gems to transfer to a server-link that is steamrolling its matchup week after week. This makes server-stacking worse than it was before the pop-cap cutoff.

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

.. be lowered.

Transfer costs are needlessly restrictive as is – especially now that Anet are manually adjusting server statuses. Any effort you make to forcibly discourage bandwagoners screws over just as many people who want to transfer for legitimate reasons.
22USD (or 500gold) is a ridiculous price for a basic feature of the game. Transfers allow people to experience new scenery and fight new people. For many players (non-primetime timezones especially), this is a very important part of what keeps the game interesting. Being stuck in a matchup where you only have 1 or 2 enemy guilds is the kind of staleness that makes people quit.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Lower or remove costs…

Fee’s create the stacking/bandwagon problems. People are paying to “win” the PPT. Get rid of PPT in favor of PvP scoring and active player balancing.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Really people are actually playing PPT. All I read is how blob V blob should be the thing and not PPT as the game was intended. Nice to see someone actually give props the PPT. I have been on my server since launch and will remain. Server hoping for instant justification to win is sad. Then to see people boast about how good they are because they have the biggest blob server is laughable.