Gemstore addition

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Here’s an idea. I’d buy a permanent one of these for over $100..

Personal dueling scroll.

If you want to duel anybody, your server or another server, merely double click it while clicking their name. This cannot be used in combat.

If they accept, a portal spawns beneath you, and you are moved to a smaller obsidian sanctum instance. When you’re done, you can click leave instance, and go back to your spot in WvW.

If this also worked in PvE, I’d pay $200. Lol.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Why dont you buy a ticked to have your own sPvP room? I dont know how it works but I know it exists and you can setup the rules of the match so you create a 1v1 arena…

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

sPvP has far less build diversity than WvW (which is hard to do considering how ridiculous condi is right now) and the gearing leaves much to be desired. What I find most funny is that, by virtue of WvW’s open gearing scheme, certain builds that aren’t viable in sPvP become viable in WvW. Case-in-point: D/D ele is generally not preferred over S/D ele in sPvP (if an ele is taken at all). However, in WvW, D/D eles can maintain absurd self-sustain and still pump out the hurt with high crit damage and power. Impossible to do in sPvP.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Agreed, sPvP is nearly a different game at this point.
Different timing and stats, it really can’t even be used for experimenting with new builds

A personal duel-on-demand area would be great.
but a c-note? I’d drop a 20 maybe <,<

(edited by LetoII.3782)

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

Thanks Boonprot and Letoll. Dueling is most of what I do in this game; it sucks in spvp, so I’m glad you realize that too.

I don’t care how much it is, this non subscription game leaves me with a little extra cash, and maybe they’d pay more attention to WvW if they had a higher revenue from it.

Why dont you buy a ticked to have your own sPvP room? I dont know how it works but I know it exists and you can setup the rules of the match so you create a 1v1 arena…

And yes this exists, but it’s boring. Spvp isn’t the closet you can shove your duelers/roamers in.

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Great idea . . . but no need to pay for it.

Dueling must be a function for every competitive game IMO.

The problem is this game focus more every day on PVE customer type, and most of them do not like to receive duel invitation.

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The main problem I can see with duels is that extra spell effects will just annoy the people who’s computer cannot handle it and I suspect most people who want to dual want an audience also. The game is heavy enough as it is. If they implement something like that, then the option to turn off invites would also be necessary, it’s not cute to have level 80s spamming level 20s who are passing by with duel requests.

Whispers with meat.

Gemstore addition

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

You’re right. But that option should be available already.

I agree we shouldn’t have to pay for this, but I would pay for it to get it in the game. Dueling and personal displays of skill should be the crux of any game revolving around Player vs Player.