Get rdy for the TRUE pewpew

in WvW

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

If you thought it was bad before with all of the pewpew from power necromancers, power rangers and every engineer before… then hold on to your hats!

Thieves are most likely getting rifle, warriors are most likely getting pistols, guardian is getting longbow and revenant has many ranged abilities including 100% physical projectile auto attack.

That’s at least 4 new additions to pewpew. Not including the random tryhard that uses things like pistol thief or longbow/rifle warrior in WvW.

Hammer engineer and greatsword necromancer will both have very little use anywhere (other than maybe PvE) due to lack of stability and the recent stability changes. For example: a necromancer who zerg dives with a greatsword = dead necromancer.

All of these changes coupled with the verticality of the new WvW mode = pewpew for everyone!

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i believe the stab changes were for pvp. Why not make the stab changes exclusively for pvp?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

i believe the stab changes were for pvp. Why not make the stab changes exclusively for pvp?

I highly doubt it because PVP is the least affected game mode. Consider the amount of stacks granted by stability, and the typical number of opponents on pvp nodes. Do you think anyone would waste all of their CC cooldown in the hope of getting ONE cc instead of just waiting out for stability to end (or boon rip it) and THEN using all the CC you can to lockdown someone? wasting all CC to break through stability stacks in PVP in the hope of getting one last bit of CC is just not worth it at all.

WvWvW is by far the most affected, PVE not so much for experienced players, but it’ll probably be noticeable against groups of mobs for less experienced ones. On the other hand, the stability change literally did nothing to PVP, so I can’t see it as being done for the purpose of PVP alone.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

On the other hand, the stability change literally did nothing to PVP, so I can’t see it as being done for the purpose of PVP alone.

Not completely true.
Thieves can’t steal 20 seconds stability now.
Lich Form can’t be ping-pong’ed more than 2 seconds every 3 second (1 stack stabi every 3 seconds).
Same for Tornado. (Not like a lot of players were using it, but still..)
Other Elite Skills are affected, too. (Rampage as One, Plague, Rampage, Dagger Storm.. what did I miss?)
Dunno if only these changes would make it intensity and not duration change, too, but saying that it did “literally nothing” is a bit too extreme

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

On the other hand, the stability change literally did nothing to PVP, so I can’t see it as being done for the purpose of PVP alone.

Not completely true.
Thieves can’t steal 20 seconds stability now.
Lich Form can’t be ping-pong’ed more than 2 seconds every 3 second (1 stack stabi every 3 seconds).
Same for Tornado. (Not like a lot of players were using it, but still..)
Other Elite Skills are affected, too. (Rampage as One, Plague, Rampage, Dagger Storm.. what did I miss?)
Dunno if only these changes would make it intensity and not duration change, too, but saying that it did “literally nothing” is a bit too extreme

You’re right but they didn’t need stacks to make that change. The stacks were introduced to fix the stab cheese zerg vs zerg fights was. I really need to find where Colin sayed that.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

And revenants are getting 50% up time mobile projectile absorb wall. Problem solved

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

And pulsing stability which will be miles better than hallowed ground. I think we’re getting subtle hints from ANet on what we should all play.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dunno dude, hammer engis might be the next big thing if hammer has a leap and slick shoes doesnt get nerfed

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If everything shifts to rangers, power necros, and rifle/nade engies, then guardians, reflect mesmers, and focus eles are gonna have a ball! One single swirling winds is like damage immunity for the entire group for 6s.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

If you thought it was bad before with all of the pewpew from power necromancers, power rangers and every engineer before… then hold on to your hats!

Thieves are most likely getting rifle, warriors are most likely getting pistols, guardian is getting longbow and revenant has many ranged abilities including 100% physical projectile auto attack.

That’s at least 4 new additions to pewpew. Not including the random tryhard that uses things like pistol thief or longbow/rifle warrior in WvW.

Hammer engineer and greatsword necromancer will both have very little use anywhere (other than maybe PvE) due to lack of stability and the recent stability changes. For example: a necromancer who zerg dives with a greatsword = dead necromancer.

All of these changes coupled with the verticality of the new WvW mode = pewpew for everyone!

OMG!!!! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!

You’re making an awful lot of assumptions.

Why not just wait and see what happens after the expansion. It might not be anything close to what you’re thinking will happen. And I am not even taking into account what sort of adjustments and such always happens after major expansions.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Do not mock our Eles elite skill, esp tornado. I would have you know its so OP that only 0.001% of the wvw population use it! :P

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

And do like they did in GW1? So much yes. Yes. YES. YEEEEES!

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Pewpew is meh, all the new pirate ships will be running all of the reflects.

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Poor everlasting stability melee toons got their security blankey taken away and need a pacifier now…

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

WvW reeeeeally needs to be separate from PvE and PvP!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

WvW reeeeeally needs to be separate from PvE and PvP!

Except you are both wrong. The change was meant to affect WvW in priority. Apart form elites, there were absolutely no gameplay change whatsoever in pvp. Colin even stated somewhere that the idea behind this change was to nerf stability abuse in WvW. It’s working as intended, whether you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Colin even stated somewhere that the idea behind this change was to nerf stability abuse in WvW. It’s working as intended, whether you like it or not.

Yessss, I can use this pic again!
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/158908/ColinAlchemy.jpg

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Poor everlasting stability melee toons got their security blankey taken away and need a pacifier now…

Yeah well, the MELEE characters kind of needed the stability to, you know, stay in melee range.
Enjoy the pirate ship meta.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

there will NEVER be pew pew as annoying as

Full Zerk 1500 range Longbow Ranger (with Quickness + 25% extra damage signet)

im sure

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

there will NEVER be pew pew as annoying as

Full Zerk 1500 range Longbow Ranger (with Quickness + 25% extra damage signet)

im sure

Go form your 30 man ranger group and see how it goes zzzz…

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

i see the enemy blob sir! 80 man strong all pewpew rangers sir! my body is ready sir!
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

in WvW

Posted by: requiem.5279

requiem.5279

Are you seriously implying that popping stability and smashing things around you takes skill?….. Pewpew or 1111 meta same thing….

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Eliminating the core style of a type of class likely was not intended. But that doesn’t change the fact that I’ll just go ranged now and pew pew like the rest of them. It’s far more difficult to get close to enemies let alone fight melee for any duration at all. *Shelves melee toons, goes back to necro/ele/engi… sorry I just can’t do ranger. I only go so far.

Working as intended…

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$