get rid of forum page bug

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Get rid of Turtle Banner already.

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

If it was introduced to benefit smaller groups why didn’t they think larger zergs would use them? Plus there’s the fact that they are locked behind grinds that only large guilds can afford.

The lack of forethought behind them reminds me of when AC damage was first increased.

I believe Anet wants to help the more skilled players, regardless of their group size. Also, small group w/ banners vs large group w/ banners has more outplay potential than small group vs large group, so as long as you’re bringing banners too, small groups shouldn’t be anymore disadvantaged.

in WvW

Posted by: Crucifier.6457

Crucifier.6457

Just to clear up a few things since many have not used a banner yet.

When you pick up a banner your weapon skills (1-5) are replaced by new banner skills.
Healing, utility, elite and f-skills are still usable. Your health pool stays the same as before and none of your stats change just from having the banner. And of course you’re blessed with a defiance bar. Also, as the carrier you get a buff that proclaims you as such and gives you an increase in moving speed, essentially giving you perma swiftness without the actual boon.

There are many things that will make you lose your banner:

• getting downed (most obvious)
  • swapping weapons
  • using a transformation (plague form, mistform, death shroud, etc)
  • using siege
  • using siege blueprints, stealth/supply traps, siege disablers
  • picking up a different banner
  • picking up conjured weapons (and sticks from oakeharts)
  • probably many more

Basically anything that would swap your skills 1-5 with different ones makes you lose the banner. I haven’t really tried any crazy combinations with various transformations like the ascalonian potion so I don’t know if all transformations (even if just visual) will make you lose the banner.

You will however NOT lose the banner if you go underwater, iirc dragon and turtle banner skill 3 is usable underwater, I forgot about the centaur though.

I don’t have screenshots of the centaur banner but you can check descriptions of the skills on the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centaur_Banner

Dragon banner skills with full ascended zerk gear below. Each one of the 3 charges on skill 2 has a separate 8 second cooldown.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if a guild places a tactivator like banners in an objective, you and your server needs to take that into account and adjust your strategy for engagements. They are meant to resolve blob fights and fights in general faster due to them having increased target cap. The banners introduced are one of the very few anti-stacking mechanics that Anet has thrown to us and will serve a higher purpose later in the year when more guilds have access to it. The more they are used (especially in tiers with overstacked populations), the more we’ll see a shift away from the current meta of stacking on one commander tag. Otherwise, it will be simply just be a tug of war between servers who have the most banners. Again, this is an element that requires servers to adapt to. Also, support your ppt guilds as they are the ones who focus on eliminating those nasty tactivated objectives!

Never been able to use Tactivators – not once.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Never been able to use Tactivators – not once.

I’m not 100% sure of all the steps as I’m not a scribe yet. From what I’m told you need to have a scribe make something and pay/or add it to something. (( but again, I can’t say anything to this step, but I generally do the next paragraphs steps when it is activated)).

In WvW, then anyone with access to Tactics section for the objective can queue it up like Supply Drop, Dragon Banner, SMC Bombardment, Hardened Gates, Hardened Siege (the spawned sieged not dropped siege), etc. Then you can pull a tactivator to activate that item every time its off cool down.

Hope that explains the Tactivators some.

in WvW

Posted by: Crucifier.6457

Crucifier.6457

Alright, some don’t have experience on how to get to a usable tactivator, here are the steps required from scratch:

1. have a guild with a guild hall (and a wvw scribing upgrade) and a scribe with the necessary materials
  2. scribe makes the schematic
  3. schematic must be queued up for “processing” in the workshop assembly machine (you need guild permission called “edit assembly queue”)
  4. wait for process to finish or spend resonance to speed it up, for which you need permission called “use resonance”
  5. once finished the item appears in your guild storage under consumables (if guild siege) or the war chest (if objective upgrade), consumables you get in your inventory if you click on them (must have “use placables” permission to use consumables, I think)
  6. claim objective in wvw and wait for the required guild upgrade tier to unlock (must have “claim objectives” permissions)
  7. drag and drop guild upgrade in the upgrade slot (must have “spend claimable upgrades” permission)
  8. wait for upgrade to construct (normally takes 3 minutes)

At this point the tactivator should be usable, but there are still a few things to consider:

• if the claimed objective has “public tactic activation” ticked then anyone can use the tactivator, if it is not on cooldown
  • if “public tactic activation” is unticked then only guild members of the guild that has claimed the objective can use the tactivator (if they have “activate claimable tactics” permissions in that guild)

I still don’t know what exactly the guild permission “edit claimable options” does, since the upgrades are not changeable once they’re put into the objective. It probably determines who can tick or untick “public tactic activation” option of the claimed objective. Cba to test.

in WvW

KayCee.4653

Here the Centaur 1-5 skills…

Note: There is a skill (No. 5 skill on the banner) that changes the utility skills into some sort of attacks. If someone could add those for those that don’t know what the Centaur banner can do.

And yes Outrun a Centaur literally can wreck a thief and ele quickly at a 18,950 hit direct damage over 10 hits.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It takes a lot to get just one of the banner your not going to see them that often and when you do you out right kill the person holding it making sure they do have another for some time. The problem atm is with chron who can double up the banners effect (though i must say chron and its effect has destroyed a lot of balancing in wvw and i guess spvp).

I dunno I’ve been seeing quite a few lately in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Here the Centaur 1-5 skills…

Note: There is a skill (No. 5 skill on the banner) that changes the utility skills into some sort of attacks. If someone could add those for those that don’t know what the Centaur banner can do.

And yes Outrun a Centaur literally can wreck a thief and ele quickly at a 18,950 hit direct damage over 10 hits.

I feel like the Centaur banner is basically one instagib skill, I’m not seeing the magic. Skill 2 is broken damage but it is not much different than an arrowcart. Stability is nice though but one stack a second.

Dragon banner skills with full ascended zerk gear below. Each one of the 3 charges on skill 2 has a separate 8 second cooldown.

Dragon banner skill 1 is hilarious. Whoever thought to put CoR kind of damage on an autoattack , with a might stack should get their head checked.

20 target stun on 8 cooldown is also pretty broken.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

I’m seeing banners fairly often these days. I think they are totally unnecessary in large fights simply because GW2’s combat system already makes that very forgiving and big groups don’t need more handicaps in their favor. In smaller fights, just the defiance bar alone is bizarre especially on some of these bunker HoT builds. When I look at skills like “stampede of arrows” on centaur banner, I just chuckle.

+1 ^^^this, ikr.

Edit: Seriously, though, I just don’t see the point of having this banner crap even available for use. Why, ANET? I don’t get it.

Edit2: Could you imagine all the kittens if this could be used in sPvP?

Edit3: Somebody please link a video of the banners in use? I’d love to see this.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Here you go.

Dragon Banner only though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Here you go.

I’m probably going to hell for saying this, but the one at their keep gate felt soooo good xD

On a more serious note other things that also felt good were: the Asura racial elite golem dealing 40k dmg, Golem Event Buff bug making player skills deal 20k dmg, engineer grenade barrage dealing twice the dmg.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I suggest adding those banners to Dragon’s stand, one in each lane. One guy in the zerg can pick it up and use it against the mordrem waves. Maybe increase the number of mobs so it doesn’t become too easy.

The banners are fun to use but they are so overpowered in WvW. Put them in PVE and call it a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It takes a lot to get just one of the banner your not going to see them that often and when you do you out right kill the person holding it making sure they do have another for some time. The problem atm is with chron who can double up the banners effect (though i must say chron and its effect has destroyed a lot of balancing in wvw and i guess spvp).

I dunno I’ve been seeing quite a few lately in T1.

Well the thing is it seems like there a lot more then there is Chron can doable up the big banner effect (drop the cd too) at the same time being able to move far and unseen putting them at the best places to drop the banner effects.

Think of banners like this they are sieges that must be used in the open field.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Here you go.

Bestest german music ever. Hit song how much is the fish is very good song too. Can i use that banner in EotM?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Shoku.4697

Shoku.4697

Banners are a privilege, you work hard to obtain them and their existence is legit! Claiming a keep, tower or SM finally means something, having a banner means that you are working hard for your guild which reflects on the ground and gives you an advantage.

When our group of 20 players is pushed by a mindless blob of 60, i’d love to have a banner or two on my side, that’s the balance i need to take out such a blob. almost on every encounter with enemy servers the opposing group had a banner carrier on their side.

Banner skills can be avoided and dodged just like any other skill, stay on alert and have some environment awareness and you should be fine, adapt instead of moaning.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

lmao at 1:28 or so in that video…. the choke, the choke, the choke is on fiyah…

Does this mean there will now be a “banner squad meta” for holding chokes while another part of the squad prepares the portal bomb AJ’ing? Could be fun, but it kinda makes me sad.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Absurd.2947

Absurd.2947

Banners are a privilege, you work hard to obtain them and their existence is legit! Claiming a keep, tower or SM finally means something, having a banner means that you are working hard for your guild which reflects on the ground and gives you an advantage.

When our group of 20 players is pushed by a mindless blob of 60, i’d love to have a banner or two on my side, that’s the balance i need to take out such a blob. almost on every encounter with enemy servers the opposing group had a banner carrier on their side.

Banner skills can be avoided and dodged just like any other skill, stay on alert and have some environment awareness and you should be fine, adapt instead of moaning.

The problem is that this 60 man blob will have 3 banners.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

BINGO!! Banners=Garbage pay to win content

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Here you go.

Well, many people said we hated the new pirateship meta and true to their form, Anet offer us the ultimate pirateship meta!

Consider this video. 1 player is the “gunner”, the rest is basicly just the crew that keep him going. Now imagine say 4-5 more “gunners” with banners. They can fire in sequence, they can fire a broadside. Organize another 4-5 to handle the other side of the ship and we could even slip between groups and fire two rolling broadsides.

Its just so… beautifull.

in WvW

KayCee.4653

Actually, last night I finally got a “blob” that ran with all three banners. Talk about OP. yet, it wasn’t as OP as one would think reading these forums. Partly due to the fact that someone that didn’t have great sustain got the dragon banner and used the wrong skills at the wrong times. But ultimately if people ran the “Pirate ship meta” and did the banners, that is OP…

in WvW

Posted by: Shoku.4697

Shoku.4697

60 man blobs with banners is really sad =(

in WvW

Cake.4920

I don’t think people realize how easy it is to dodge the dragon banner #5. Unless you use it against a mega blob or in a choke, everyone who is not lagging will just dodge out of it. Pirate shipping with a dragon banner would be stupid, because your not going to land any impactful #5s and you’re just gonna end up spamming the #1.

in WvW

KayCee.4653

its not easy to dodge when there multiple banners creating fire road side by side by side. if you dont have a leap you are definitely going down and if you are blobbing then how do you push when any push will get those two or three roads and wipe you out. It was better when people didnt know how to plan it into any strategy, but now its getting annoying.

so at least from when I play, people are running more range, and circling tactics than running in forward pushes. Makes the fights last way long now, than a forward push would have done generally.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t think people realize how easy it is to dodge the dragon banner #5. Unless you use it against a mega blob or in a choke, everyone who is not lagging will just dodge out of it. Pirate shipping with a dragon banner would be stupid, because your not going to land any impactful #5s and you’re just gonna end up spamming the #1.

Now tell me how do you dodge all the other stuff going on in fights? Rev hammer 2 or perhaps the dragon banner #1. All the other out of control damage skills etc.

I would buy this crap if it was a 1v1 and the other had a banner and i dont. But this is complete BS.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Cake.4920

its not easy to dodge when there multiple banners creating fire road side by side by side. if you dont have a leap you are definitely going down

I haven’t experienced this, so I can’t really say much, but dodging out of one is so painfully easy that I don’t see two or three being much harder unless you’re in a choke.

and if you are blobbing then how do you push when any push will get those two or three roads and wipe you out. It was better when people didnt know how to plan it into any strategy, but now its getting annoying.

bait out the banners w/ stealth and fake pushing. they either bite and waste their banner or if they save it until they know you’ve committed, they wont get nearly as good of a dragon breath off.

or split up your blob, or use portals

Now tell me how do you dodge all the other stuff going on in fights? Rev hammer 2 or perhaps the dragon banner #1. All the other out of control damage skills etc.

I would buy this crap if it was a 1v1 and the other had a banner and i dont. But this is complete BS.

This is more of a CoR problem than it is a dragon banner problem

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Dodge is not the answer to everything. It’s so annoying to read it as the only suggestion to some issue with the game, as though it’s always available and always the best option. Dodge is situational, dodge requires that you have one available, that you can see the incoming whatever and that you are not already cc’d. If you are in a group of more than 10 people, sometimes the tells are obscured so dodging isn’t possible to avoid at least the initial attack. Dodging does not happen in a vacuum. AND dodging is only one of many damage mitigation tools and not always the best one.

in WvW

Cake.4920

I mean, you don’t have to dodge. You can just walk out. I’m assuming you haven’t seen it before, but the path it creates is very slow and distinct. It’s very hard to actually get hit.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Banners need to be removed.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow