Get rid of all Nourishments in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

Some people dont have sigils, why not remove them? some people dont have runes, why not remove them? whats the point of trinkets, i dont have on my character, why not remove them? ohhh why do we need stats on our armors and weapons, just remove them? OP, please play sPvP and stay away from WvW. There you go problem solved. Your Welcome!

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I don’t really have anything to add, except for the fact that threads like these make me with I could downvote them. Why is it even upvoted in the first place, it’s such a bad idea..

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I don’t think most of you understand what I am saying. I use food buffs at all times and WvW is all I do. The nourishment buffs you gain from using both a food lets say pizza and a maintenance oil is huge especially if you run a high tough/vit build. You gain so much in fact that a full tank build can hit close to a glass cannon but take hits because they are all tough/vit. This has NOTHING to do with runes or armor or sigils.

The point to going more power is to do more damage but you will take more damage. however with food buffs giving you the power you lose from going tough or vit what is the point? You now have a tank that can do as much as the person who went more power so they could hit harder.

So I now run higher tough/vit and stack with my food buff to make me that much stronger. I hear many people posting in this thread about choices yet there is only one clear choice that is the best in the end. Higher tough/vit and food buff to give you BACK the power/cond/prec you lose from going that route. In the end your choices become more limited because of the food buffs that many are screaming gives you more options.

Tough/vit nourishments FTW

I use different food on each of my characters and none of them use tough/vit. Just because you think that is the clear choice, doesnt make it so.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

It really made me happy to see that almost everyone in this thread disagreed with the OP.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

sigh a really bad idea. Let’s also get rid of differences in weapons and armor. Oh wait, we have that in sPvP.

The LAST thing we need is the removal of more strategy related to WvW. Yes nourishment is strategy. A lot of players switch foods throughout the day, just the way you switch utility skills.

you should be playing on your build not on the food.

A lot of builds revolve around the addition of food

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

As much as I LOVE my nourishments in WvW i feel it creates imbalance in WvW. For example you can create a high vitality/toughness build and then put on your nourishment that gives you power on the amount of toughness and vitality you have allowing you to hit much harder then you really should in my opinion as a vit/tough build. This imbalance is what leads certain builds to be marked as OP. Taking to much bleed damage? There is a nourishment for that too making some build useless in WvW because the build is based on dealing condition damage. Like I said I love my nourishments but I think they should go as they create to much imbalance in WvW Doing this would also allow you to see the other imbalances in classes and tweak them easier.

Everyone has access to these foods, how is that not balanced?

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Seriously? I get hungry in game. Leave my snacks alone! I like to think I leveled cooking for some reason….

TC

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

The main thing that’s annoying about foods is how expensive they are. I think having foods and stones/oils is fine but I’l like to able to equip something in a food slot that is permanent so yo don’t have to constantly buy and consume stuff.

The only real issue is that certain foods are overpowered and should be toned down. Omom pie was a well-known offender and has since, justifiably, been nerfed. I think most people probably agree that +40% condition duration is overpowered. That’s the equivalent of 400 stat points in a trait tree, +40 crit damage etc. It should be 20% at the most. Foods that just give raw stats like 100 power, prec etc are fine. They give people more flexibility with gear.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

I don’t think most of you understand what I am saying. I use food buffs at all times and WvW is all I do. The nourishment buffs you gain from using both a food lets say pizza and a maintenance oil is huge especially if you run a high tough/vit build. You gain so much in fact that a full tank build can hit close to a glass cannon but take hits because they are all tough/vit. This has NOTHING to do with runes or armor or sigils.

The point to going more power is to do more damage but you will take more damage. however with food buffs giving you the power you lose from going tough or vit what is the point? You now have a tank that can do as much as the person who went more power so they could hit harder.

So I now run higher tough/vit and stack with my food buff to make me that much stronger. I hear many people posting in this thread about choices yet there is only one clear choice that is the best in the end. Higher tough/vit and food buff to give you BACK the power/cond/prec you lose from going that route. In the end your choices become more limited because of the food buffs that many are screaming gives you more options.

Tough/vit nourishments FTW

But we do understand, that glass cannon can ALSO use food to hit EVEN HARDER, or hit as hard as they do but add in some defensive ability……
There is no downside, all it does is allow for more diversity in builds with support from foods to fill in the gaps.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

If this forum wouldn’t have so over zelaus moderators, I would start a parody topic
“Get rid of all classes except warrior” and explain how they generate inabalance to the game.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Op just cant afforf 8-10 silver/30min for foods…

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Op just cant afforf 8-10 silver/30min for foods…

His problem, not mine… Maybe if he used foods, he’d get more kills and die less so earning more money and paying less repair. :-P Food easily pays for itself.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Amy.4520

Amy.4520

Laughing at the irony of someone named Scooby Treats complaining about food.

~ Yak’s Bend ~

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

For the life of me I will never understand why people feel the need to do away with something that is readily available to everyone.
I would suggest not being lazy, whip up a crafter or just buy the items that most everyone else chooses to use. Stop trying to be nanny Bloomberg.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I enjoy the fact that I can give and take a beating with my character, so I disagree. It’s crazy that you can have 2000+ power, 3200+ armor, over 25k health, over 60% crit chance and crit damage, but I like it.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Balancing is meant for sPvP. That’s where you get to play strict build vs. build. If you remove nourishment from WvW, you’ll be destroying the cooking economy, reducing build diversity, and lowering the XP earned.

I’d wager WvW increases the demand for foods significantly more than open world PvE and Dungeons (except maybe FOTM). Not only do WvW players probably use a larger diversity of food (eg, not just MF+), but they’re pressured to use it more often because if they don’t, the enemy would have the edge.

Foods can increase build diversity by sheering up the weak points or enhancing the strong points enough that it overcomes other weaknesses to the point where it becomes valid.

And finally food provides a bonus to XP, which can be very helpful in WvW where XP can be hard to come by.

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

I enjoy the fact that I can give and take a beating with my character, so I disagree. It’s crazy that you can have 2000+ power, 3200+ armor, over 25k health, over 60% crit chance and crit damage, but I like it.

Those stats are only possible on a war.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Those stats are only possible on a war.

Yes they are but I do have almost the exact same stats with guard, only 20+k health instead of 25+k because of lower health pool and less crit chance.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in WvW

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

Glad to see most people shooting this down, who really wants less diversity anyway…
Now we should just leave this topic alone and let it fall!

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

I am still working diligently in trying to discover the Mongolian fire steaks that give the buff of one hit player killness and 100% raze find for the orange drops when killing players.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Don’t see the point of removing food as everyone can have which they prefer to optimize their build it’s no way like an exploit using a pve item to break wvw rules and gain a benefit where it wasn’t intended for. It’s like this thread asking removing blessings (+6 pt all stats… lol), it’s just for the fun that people run it. Food is more efficient and there is no class restriction to use any you want only people need to invest some gold in getting some.
Food and utility are optimizing your toon in wvw.
Can you please give some argument about why you think it should be nerf btw? I mean argument context and reason etc… Paper/stone/scisor situation will not change if you remove food/utility, my thought is that it can give a bonus to smaller group running these to have a chance to take over a bigger ennemy group, so nothing bad…

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

About a month ago, someone already pointed out that fresh fruit is overpowered lol

That was me! You bet its overpowered! My characters aren’t skinny, not even the female one. All this fatty food is making it harder to keep up with the JQ zergs. I Choose to diet by not eating as much as others do.

I’m tired of people attacking me with fresh fruit buffs. This thread has my 100% support!

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

OP if you find yourself in a 1 v 1 or even 2 v 1 and you see food buffs with nourishment, maybe even those norn spirit animal buffs, boosters etc. Just turn around and run, it’s a good way to differentiate the pro players from the average. Pro’s want every edge they can get over their opponent, regardless of the cost or effort required. I dislike nourishment and food, I find them pricey and I feel like I’m on a time limit to get things done. You’re copping this much flak for your post because the majority of forum users are in the top tier of gameplay, so trying to take away their “edge” is naturally going to result in hostility.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I wonder what profession you are… cough warrior cough

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Posting to say I strongly oppose this thread. Nourishment allows me to tweak my build to my play style. If they take that out, WvW will basically be sPvP with unfair numbers and I will find a new game.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

lets just remove weapons too cause some of them are really imbalanced

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Yea… about this no. If you don’t like it spvp is there for you please enjoy it and stop trying to make take away something anyone & everything useless everywhere. If for whatever reason you think its unfair for the simple fact you don’t want to spend money then gather as you go and make it yourself its not hard at all. Its insulting/sad seeing posts like these of so often because people are lazy to see what they can do to buff themselves.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

nah, foodbuffs and the oils/stones/etc. are fine.

as many ppl here already pointed out, they just need some balancing. +-40% cond. duration for example is just ridiculously OP compared to the other foodbuffs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold