Getting Into Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Im a new player and from previous games Ive experienced, the Largest servers are the best. How can I get into Blackgate or Jade quarry? Its 12pm here and its still full… should yall be in school?? haha

What time zone are you? If NA then Maguuma might be the best for you assuming you can’t get into one of the 3 T1 servers. If oceanic then Sea of Sorrows is your best bet. If SEA I understand Dragonbrand still has teh biggets SEA of the T2/3 servers.

All T2 servers have coverage and are active. They are just not packed like sardines yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

JQ has been falling in and out of “full” very regularly. Just keep checking.

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

As you can see this week, we’ve decided to spank you

And, let it be known, the “we’ve” he’s referring to is both TC and BG. For Queue’s on JQ, we only have 15 on one map right now. If you like to play during the time you made this thread, we have plenty of room for you in WvW on JQ.

HEHE Sad but true. We are being double teamed by BG and TC atm and a lot of people prefer to stay out of WVW waiting for easier week. BTW to BG fun boy. I am not denying BG is a very good WvW server but we wait and see what happens when yaklovers are not in the same match up. JQ helped them to get to 3rd place last season now BG helping them to get second place. Weeks between season 1 and 2 can show real picture. Seasons are more about politics. TC knows they can’t take first place and only real chance for them to get second is become kittenes to BG or JQ. BG and TC basically not fight each other now. Both servers fight JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is basically turning into another conspiracy theory, since Anet says one thing, but players believe another (without proof beyond coincidence). That’s why I’ll side with Anet until they confirm otherwise.

Like I said anecdotally the evidence is on the side of the players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

“FULL” is when there is a lot of people ONLINE at a time period. Full doesn’t just mean its full. it means that there is a limit of how many people in the server are online and no one can transfer there because of the mass online people. —-snip-—

Ok then, by your logic, please explain to me how tier 8 servers are very high? If you walk around the maps, specially during Oceanic time, will see there isn’t enough people on to make them as one.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

And, let it be known, the “we’ve” he’s referring to is both TC and BG. For Queue’s on JQ, we only have 15 on one map right now. If you like to play during the time you made this thread, we have plenty of room for you in WvW on JQ.

is this the part where you pull out your 2v1 card out or the stacked server?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

is this the part where you pull out your 2v1 card out or the stacked server?

Is this a match up thread now?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Coming in to get another thread locked, I see Zeke?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Coming in to get another thread locked, I see Zeke?

wait wait.. that was not me who got that thread locked.

just trying rustle some jimmies and get JQ back in wvw.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Can’t someone ask a question without jq or bg egos invading every thread?
Simple answer. Go to tc or mag. Sos and db suck.

in WvW

Posted by: Ivalice.3174

Ivalice.3174

I think the server status is based on a formula using both “current accounts” and “current population online”. Let’s say it’s an average of both and 1k:low, 2k:medium, 3k:high, 4k:very high, 5k:full.

A T8 server that have 8k accounts, mostly inactive and there are only 100 people online, it would still counts as very high.

A T1 server with 8k accounts and 2k people online, it would be full. When people mass log out, for example 200 pll, (8000 + 1800)/2 = 4.9k. The server changes to very high. When people transfer over and the server reaches 10k current accounts, even when everyone logs out, (10k + 0)/2 = 5k, it would still counts as full. Therefore you just can’t keep doing black outs to get people coming over and over, there is a limit. The only way to remove the limit is for the “current accounts” to transfer to another server or increase the server cap.

(edited by Ivalice.3174)

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Transfer to SoS or DB both have healthy WvW/PVE populations aswell, so does Maguuma.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Would recommend the OP to go somewhere other than BG. We’re good for NA players

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Rand.3186

Rand.3186

I think the server status is based on a formula using both “current accounts” and “current population online”. Let’s say it’s an average of both and 1k:low, 2k:medium, 3k:high, 4k:very high, 5k:full.

This most likely is the case. The blackouts have worked for transferring entire guilds. I very much doubt 500 people magically transfer off late at night at the same time as the ‘blackout’ is scheduled to happen.

PS: Just because someone works at ANet, doesn’t necessarily mean they have all the right answers or mean that they will tell you the whole truth.

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

JQQ cant blame Blackgate for having a better politic (2v1)

Even before Tarnished Coast of Rall decide to 2v1 JQQ, BG lead JQQ by 10k

in WvW

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Can you guys not get the thread locked about the person trying to get into a larger server, because a mod stupidly decided it belonged in the WvW forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I find that funny that JQ is complaining about 2v1. Everyday during Oceanic/SEA times a 60 BG and JQ zerg would push TC t3 bay in JQ BL. We would wiped both of them for hours. Did not lose it until monday, when the fragment of TC NA/Ocx guilds could no long put in the hours to defend it.

Going from WvW ppt JQ is lower during NA so that would be the best time to try and get transfer to JQ. BG is lower during late NA and that is the best time to try for them. If you want to get on TC try to transfer in the morning/ midday. It seem like the Op is a SEA player SoS has a good SEA population and no long queues like a t1 server.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

I have yet to see a full blackout not work, which implies that server population is based on people logged in atm….

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

HEHE Sad but true. We are being double teamed by BG and TC atm and a lot of people prefer to stay out of WVW waiting for easier week. BTW to BG fun boy. I am not denying BG is a very good WvW server but we wait and see what happens when yaklovers are not in the same match up. JQ helped them to get to 3rd place last season now BG helping them to get second place. Weeks between season 1 and 2 can show real picture. Seasons are more about politics. TC knows they can’t take first place and only real chance for them to get second is become kittenes to BG or JQ. BG and TC basically not fight each other now. Both servers fight JQ.

Your issue is that you have zero sense of strategy. There is no agreement between BG and TC. It is all strategy and it is in both server’s interest to fight JQ. Why? Two reasons:

1. TC is closer in points to JQ. It is smart for them to attack JQ and steal points away. Hitting BG doesn’t really do much to help achieve second.
2. BG sees JQ as the bigger threat. Given that TC is focusing JQ, it makes sense for BG to beat on JQ. Get the win now in case there is another week where JQ prevails.

in WvW

Posted by: radiantbliss.6875

radiantbliss.6875

Also yeah it may be hard to get into jade quarry guys but that’s because we’re the best, being number 1 is a tough road you know.

I’m from BG server and you have made me smile. Come here while I pat you on the head.

You. sir are not the best. When BG take a rest – as sometimes we do – we smile while we see you rush in to grab some wins. As you can see this week, we’ve decided to spank you, just to let you know who is the rightful master at this table…

Now run along and stop spreading your little white lies to make yourself feel better. Good lad…

You’re cute. It’s well known BG only succeeds when they have the third server helping them. Notice the attacks on JQ only happen when the third server is also attacking. Convenient no? Because when SOR left the table, BG had no one to hide behind to help them keep the lead. Are we mad? No, we’ve come to expect BG + any third server coupling up together in sweet bromance. It’s no surprise and we just wait for those times during the day when we smell the double team with our morning coffee.

As for the original topic. Since server transfers are still abundant even on “full” servers. Either none of them are actually full or blackouts do indeed work. It means full being players online vs actually state of server capacity . In which case there would be no way to tell if said server is actually at capacity. You could try your luck randomly throughout the day clicking in to see if it is registering full or not. I wish you all the luck, no matter what server you choose.

And all arguing aside, the only difference between servers is size. Attitudes are all the same. Behavior all the same. You just have to know whether you prefer a larger server to a smaller one. Larger not being always better, but it can sometimes mean that events such as pve have a higher chance at success because there is a higher chance of a lot of people doing it. At the same time those events are such you can guest to do them if you really want to. It would only matter WvW, and during season it’s not the best time to really decide that, because WvW is a lot different when not in season.

Blackgate
[KiS] Kinetic Storm

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

Jade Quarry was at “Very High” or not full this afternoon for awhile. So, it is possible. You just need to take your vitamins, say your prayers, and do whatever else it was that Hulk Hogan suggested to attain success.

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Also yeah it may be hard to get into jade quarry guys but that’s because we’re the best, being number 1 is a tough road you know.

I’m from BG server and you have made me smile. Come here while I pat you on the head.

You. sir are not the best. When BG take a rest – as sometimes we do – we smile while we see you rush in to grab some wins. As you can see this week, we’ve decided to spank you, just to let you know who is the rightful master at this table…

Now run along and stop spreading your little white lies to make yourself feel better. Good lad…

You’re cute. It’s well known BG only succeeds when they have the third server helping them. Notice the attacks on JQ only happen when the third server is also attacking. Convenient no? Because when SOR left the table, BG had no one to hide behind to help them keep the lead. Are we mad? No, we’ve come to expect BG + any third server coupling up together in sweet bromance. It’s no surprise and we just wait for those times during the day when we smell the double team with our morning coffee.

As for the original topic. Since server transfers are still abundant even on “full” servers. Either none of them are actually full or blackouts do indeed work. It means full being players online vs actually state of server capacity . In which case there would be no way to tell if said server is actually at capacity. You could try your luck randomly throughout the day clicking in to see if it is registering full or not. I wish you all the luck, no matter what server you choose.

And all arguing aside, the only difference between servers is size. Attitudes are all the same. Behavior all the same. You just have to know whether you prefer a larger server to a smaller one. Larger not being always better, but it can sometimes mean that events such as pve have a higher chance at success because there is a higher chance of a lot of people doing it. At the same time those events are such you can guest to do them if you really want to. It would only matter WvW, and during season it’s not the best time to really decide that, because WvW is a lot different when not in season.

i would like to ask how long have you been doing WVW? it seems that when JQ gets hit by 2v1 we have instant 3 threads in the forums QQing. but when BG was being 2v1 we just suck it up and defend, back in the SOR, JQ and BG days it was BG who gets 2v1 no matter what week. it was only JQ got 2v1 during first week of the season1. It is a 3 way fight no matter how you look it there will always be 2v1.

grab your balls if you still have if not look for it in which ever BL you lost it from, suck it up JQ. instead of QQing here, this is T1 son either take the heat or go pve.

Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

i would like to ask how long have you been doing WVW? it seems that when JQ gets hit by 2v1 we have instant 3 threads in the forums QQing. but when BG was being 2v1 we just suck it up and defend, back in the SOR, JQ and BG days it was BG who gets 2v1 no matter what week. it was only JQ got 2v1 during first week of the season1. It is a 3 way fight no matter how you look it there will always be 2v1.

grab your balls if you still have if not look for it in which ever BL you lost it from, suck it up JQ. instead of QQing here, this is T1 son either take the heat or go pve.

The QQ is strong with this one.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

once in a while i saw BG status turned Very High.

just keep watching….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

The QQ is strong with this one.

yes, the jQQ is strong.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I don’t know how this thread is surviving but to keep to the topic.

OP: like many others have said if your dead set on JQ or Blackgate, your best chance is late at night (server time). While it may fall to “Very High” from time to time, it seems more often in the AM.

If you are a NA player, I would suggest finding a home on a “Teir 2” server. Fort Aspenwood, Maguuma, Dragonbrand, Sea of Sorrows will be quite populated and just as good for learning and starting the game. After seasons populations on the top 3 will drop down a bit and if you’re not happy with your current server you can get in much easier.

Just my 2 cents, good luck on your new server.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: BIMBLE.7952

BIMBLE.7952

Blackgate is still the best, though.

Fact that.

For free.

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Which is why Mancey is crying and is going to have JQ 2v1 Patsy Coast back into T2.

Also, I’m surprised no one’s disputed the OP’s comment about how the largest servers are the best. I actually thought this was a troll thread.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I find that funny that JQ is complaining about 2v1. Everyday during Oceanic/SEA times a 60 BG and JQ zerg would push TC t3 bay in JQ BL. We would wiped both of them for hours. Did not lose it until monday, when the fragment of TC NA/Ocx guilds could no long put in the hours to defend it.

Going from WvW ppt JQ is lower during NA so that would be the best time to try and get transfer to JQ. BG is lower during late NA and that is the best time to try for them. If you want to get on TC try to transfer in the morning/ midday. It seem like the Op is a SEA player SoS has a good SEA population and no long queues like a t1 server.

Don’t forget EB during OCX/SEA 0:)

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress