"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Im self thief and that since RLS. But really Anet how can such a build which is perma Stealth and puts traps and dish outs condis whitout reveal? I see more and more of those kittens and this is clearly a cheater build. U Fight a enemy and then u get wrecked because a dude which u can’t see comes around and puts traps + F1 confusion on me.

(edited by Leolas.6273)

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Popcorn and drinks on special offer 241!

It’s not a cheater build but it is a build that shouldn’t exist OP.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I use it…..to be a jerk when I’m outnumbered in wvw, which seems to be 100% of the time on FA lol

Today i fought a scrapper who was in stealth 95% of the fight and laid just about every condi in the game on me. I had zero chance on my necro.

Nerf scrappers, nerf thiefs, NERF IT ALL…BURN BABY BURN!!!

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

That build IS a exploit.
One of them isn’t a big deal….. walk away and don’t fight them. But when there are 3 of those jerks then it becomes really lel. Anet pls read the forum and punish this kitten build.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Sounds like you all need a rev in your party.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

That build IS a exploit.
One of them isn’t a big deal….. walk away and don’t fight them. But when there are 3 of those jerks then it becomes really lel. Anet pls read the forum and punish this kitten build.

Learn what exploit means, it is not an exploit. Yes it shouldn’t exist but then no other class should be able to apply conditions while stealthed like Druids, Scrappers, Mesmers and so on.

And guess what it can’t kill anyone unless the person is a potato, doesn’t run Condi cleanse or is outnumbered, which thy should lose the fight anyways unless they outskill the opponents.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers.1 Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial.

Most people say that build shouldn’t exist. Hmm can be a exploit or not but then anet should make that clear.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Only bad developers consider exploits cheating. Good developers realise that the ability to use everything the game has to offer is what players expect and treat exploits no differently from an intended mechanic that happens to be overpowered. That is: nerf it or otherwise change it so it’s fun and/or balanced. The only question that needs to be asked is: is it good for the game or bad for the game?

I’d say that dealing damage from behind perma-invis is bad for the game, but ghost thief is such a laughably ineffective build that I wouldn’t consider changing it to be high priority.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers.1 Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial.

Most people say that build shouldn’t exist. Hmm can be a exploit or not but then anet should make that clear.

Anet removed the Direct damage on Thief traps to stop reveal as explained in the patch notes Devs wanted traps to apply while keeping Thief Stealthed…..

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

zerg

Sounds like you all need a rev in your party.

engineer

Sounds like you all need a engineer in your party.

ranger

Sounds like you all need a ranger in your party.

stealth trap

Sounds like you all need a stealth trap in your party.

Sounds like you all need a zerg for your roaming.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Most game studios would consider this as an exploit, unlike Anet.

Inb4 teef players come here to tell ya they don’t like this build but blindly defending it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Inb4 teef players come here to tell ya they don’t like this build but blindly defending it.

I play this build by heart and I find your comment rude and extremely offensive.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Anet removed the Direct damage on Thief traps to stop reveal as explained in the patch notes Devs wanted traps to apply while keeping Thief Stealthed…..

They removed the direct damage, so you wouldn’t be randomly revealed by someone stepping on your trap on the other side of the map. The problem is they made it “all or nothing”. They should change it to “traps when activated reveal whoever has placed them if and only if he’s in a range of 600 units”. Problem solved – no random revealing, and no more perma stealth.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I play this build by heart and I find your comment rude and extremely offensive.

Rude and offensive by saying it’s almost an exploit? Think you are one of the masters in rudeness by the stuff you are saying when passing by ingame.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

No idea what you’re talking about.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Learn what exploit means, it is not an exploit. Yes it shouldn’t exist but then no other class should be able to apply conditions while stealthed like Druids, Scrappers, Mesmers and so on.

Mesmers cannot apply conditions while remaining in stealth. Except for illusions auto-attacking but then again those illusions would not be in stealth.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@OP play DH with traps, problem solved.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Regardless of how strong the build actually is…… it’s pretty clear that this build shouldn’t exist in the game, make thief traps do a tiny bit of direct damage like all DH traps, problem solved forever.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

trap use to do direct dmg they where removed from traps same patch runes of the trapper came out.

But back then trapper runes where not that big of a deal becuase con where kitten in general.

But to fix the problem is not to add physical damage to traps. it lower stealth time trapper rune set. would be enough to mess the build make it a lot harder to play.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

trap use to do direct dmg they where removed from traps same patch runes of the trapper came out.

But back then trapper runes where not that big of a deal becuase con where kitten in general.

But to fix the problem is not to add physical damage to traps. it lower stealth time trapper rune set. would be enough to mess the build make it a lot harder to play.

Trapper Runes were added in game about a year (September 2014 feature pack)before Damage was removed from traps(June 23rd 2015).

And again the Patch notes state they removed the direct damage from traps and I quote “Needle Trap: This trap no longer deals minimal strike damage, which would previously bring the thief out of stealth.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-23-2015/first#post5217689

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Trapper Runes were added in game about a year (September 2014 feature pack)before Damage was removed from traps(June 23rd 2015).

And again the Patch notes state they removed the direct damage from traps and I quote “Needle Trap: This trap no longer deals minimal strike damage, which would previously bring the thief out of stealth.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-23-2015/first#post5217689

And that was the stupid move they made that allows this stupid build.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Every time you see an anet tag it’s time to bust out the ghost thief army and troll hard.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Ghost thief does not even use the Trapper runes. Ghost thief gets 100% stealth uptime from stacking leaps through a smoke field.

Easy fix is to prevent Stealth stacking.

A ghost thief would become visible at some point allowing the enemy to attack him back. This would also mean dagger-pistol thief does not automatically win every duel against any other thief weapon combination.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQJAoalsMhunYzTwyNw/EHtElOAOggzXG3RKybhboIA-T1h0wA+U/JsSQX6BA8AAIs/gTlfBOBAkCYRlVA-w

This thief can have perma stealth. There not a single trap or trappers runes used. The key is confusion where 11 stacks can be applied at once.

The trap version generally uses one trap that being needle trap. This adds 3 more bleeding along with 1 poison and an immob every 30 seconds.

Over Pain inverter this not a great increase in damage. Going trappers respite garners one more use of said trap making it more effective but hardly over the top powerful. If the issue is indeed damage from stealth, the issue is not traps nore the trapper runes abd adding “small damge to traps” or removing trappers runes does nothing but break legitimate builds.

Traps were never used before because they applied reveal to a thief on use and stealth based thieves would be killed by that reveal when it occurred at inopportune momnets (see the old last refuge).

Comparing to Rangers/DH’s traps to thief traps is a non starter as those classes do not rely on stealth to do things like cleasse conditions , heal , launch a stealth attack and the like, nor do they have an entire traitline based on stealth.

Imagine the uproar if “On trap being triggered All blocks on person setting said trap are disabled for 4 seconds”. No DH would use traps.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They don’t even use trapper runes, they don’t need to when you can keep 99% stealth up time anyways.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Ghost-Thief-Gameplay-Tier-1/first

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Carmela.8756

Carmela.8756

For me this build is near to an exploit.

"Ghost Thief" Exploit?

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

The only reason why I carry stealth traps