Gift of Battle

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: macon.4065

macon.4065

Please remove Gift of Battle from the WVW reward track. The PVE folks are not liking it their as they just don’t want to do WVW events or PVP. Please find a way so that it can be universal across all the boards. In this manner PVP, WVW and PVE can all achieve this award to create legendaries, etc.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

It should stay as it is.
I already collected 20 gift of battles, all 18 pieces of triumphant armor and all hero weapon skins (minus 4 from WvW tournaments) since the introduction of reward tracks, so getting a single reward track done for a gift of battle is not too muc to ask for. I did NOT use the exp booster for faster reward track.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Please remove Gift of Battle from the WVW reward track. The PVE folks are not liking it their as they just don’t want to do WVW events or PVP. Please find a way so that it can be universal across all the boards. In this manner PVP, WVW and PVE can all achieve this award to create legendaries, etc.

If they give WvW players a way to get Gift of Exploration through WvW-only sure, why not?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If they give WvW players a way to get Gift of Exploration through WvW-only sure, why not?

^ this.

currently it only takes 4-8.5 max hrs to acquire the GoB which can be AFK’d through, while if a WvW player wants to make a Legendary they have to spend 16-20hrs minimum to acquire the GoE.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I have no problem with pvp or wvw players being able to get legendary items by playing those modes. But don’t force PVE players to play pvp/wvw just to get their pve items. They don’t know how to play, they don’t want to play, so why make them?

Gift of Battle

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

I have no problem with pvp or wvw players being able to get legendary items by playing those modes. But don’t force PVE players to play pvp/wvw just to get their pve items. They don’t know how to play, they don’t want to play, so why make them?

Why force WvW and PvP players to play PvE for Legendary items? Also the only legendary for pvp is solely got from pvp so no one has to step foot there.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Why force WvW and PvP players to play PvE for Legendary items? Also the only legendary for pvp is solely got from pvp so no one has to step foot there.

I thought people had to get those pvp tokens for some of their items. There were lots of non pvpers trying for the ascension- the pvp back piece. Be nice to see a wvw only legendary like that instead of a pve legendary that requires tokens from pvp or wvw.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

I thought people had to get those pvp tokens for some of their items. There were lots of non pvpers trying for the ascension- the pvp back piece. Be nice to see a wvw only legendary like that instead of a pve legendary that requires tokens from pvp or wvw.

Pve players trying to get a pvp legendary is on them and their choice since they had a pure Pve version they could work towards.

That may be for the new Legendaries I haven’t looked into the collections for them but those are also dirt cheap on the TP so I guess they don’t even have to pvp for those.

Yes WvW should have its own unique backpiece, and back at launch Legendary Weapons required all gamemodes to make them, But slowly Anet made it almost exlucsively to PvE by the time alone that is needed in PvE compared to WvW, for years players didn’t even have to WvW to get the GoB which was really biased, now they only have to spend 4-8 hrs max in WvW to get the GoB yet if a WvW player wants a Legendary weapon they have to spend Well over 20+ hrs in PvE

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Did you guys know the new Legendaries require you to salvage an ascended piece of gear for one of the components? As in, that’s literally the only way to get this 1 piece. Hours spent farming mats, hours spent leveling the required craft discipline, all that just to spend a measly second purposefully destroying something beautiful you created…Unless you got an ascended drop in wvw, then it doesn’t hurt as bad I suppose.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

So much this ^

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.8735

Blue.8735

What a terrible, pointless implementation. Sorry but I don’t like WvW, I didn’t like it 4+ years ago and I don’t like it now. Take a break from the game here and there and boom, met this this abysmal change. Now I gotta play another game while I do the bare minimum and afk in WvW for 5-8 hours.

(edited by Blue.8735)

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

GoB is like 2% of the total grind and you complain about that? Wvw players have to endure 98% of crap to get their legendary.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

GoB is like 2% of the total grind and you complain about that? Wvw players have to endure 98% of crap to get their legendary.

This so much.

After I got my first (and only) gift of exploration and and picked up a Gift of Battle after playing WvW wondering what that merchant was selling.

Looked up what was needed to actually craft a legendary.

Looked at all the mats needed, all the stuff I need to gather up, and especially all the Mystic Clover I need to make in Mystic forge on the RSI panel. And just went “screw this!” and sold my GoE and GoB for vendor price to the master chef in LA.

Haven’t regretted it.

The WvW part is the EASY part. It’s the rest that is crazy. (Thankfully I think every single one of the legendary skins are ugly as SIN anyways. And I wouldn’t be caught dead in a halloween costume with one of those, and even less so outside of halloween)

edit: found the screen-shot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kh6xfa6ajdtwmo/gw161.jpg?dl=0

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Self entitlement is strong, my advise would be make your own game and set your own rule.

Furthermore, wvw players have to do pve to get some of the HOT gears. Stop QQing and go earn it, otherwise, don’t get legendary.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

First off, forced and legendary don’t belong in the same sentence. You have no grounds to make any demands when pursuing the most grindiest thing in the game that was intended as such.

However, I don’t think the way it is is too productive. Perhaps a vendor that allows the following?

1 Gift of Battle. Cost: Gifts of Exploration + 250 badges + 250 Mystic Coins
1 Gift of Exploration. Cost: 2 Gift of Battle + 500 badges + 250 Mystic Coins

Add the GoB track to PvP too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

wasnt gift of battle just 500 badges before all this kitten?

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yes and any wvwer that was going for a legendary bought some of those before it was stopped. Its the pve that did not read the patch note. They got all upset after it was taken out because they did not see the warning.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yes and any wvwer that was going for a legendary bought some of those before it was stopped. Its the pve that did not read the patch note. They got all upset after it was taken out because they did not see the warning.

That’s because Anet completely mishandled it (not only did they put the patch note in completely the wrong section, they distinctly failed to give any warning about the reward track beta ending.).

Gift of Battle

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

That’s because Anet completely mishandled it (not only did they put the patch note in completely the wrong section, they distinctly failed to give any warning about the reward track beta ending.).

How was it in the completely wrong section? It was a WvW change that was in the WvW Section, the patch was released months before they removed it, so no they did. Not mishandle it, people just failed to read the patch notes.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

How was it in the completely wrong section? It was a WvW change that was in the WvW Section, the patch was released months before they removed it, so no they did. Not mishandle it, people just failed to read the patch notes.

It affected more than just WvW as legendary items are not WvW exclusive. Furthermore, ANet never mentioned a date as to when the vendor would be removed. They simply said when the reward tracks left beta, without any indication until the patch that took the vendor out went live as to when that would be.

They actually went through quite a lot of effort to not let the general game population know about this change. Whether or not you agree with removing the vendor, you cannot state that they made a fair effort to let everyone know when the vendor was going to be removed. They just didn’t.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Ulion.5476

They actually went through quite a lot of effort to not let the general game population know about this change. Whether or not you agree with removing the vendor, you cannot state that they made a fair effort to let everyone know when the vendor was going to be removed. They just didn’t.

Their was a warning I talked in my guilds about the change to it. Anytime their a big patch, reading the patch note should be something everyone does as they are downloading it. It does not take a lot of effort to read the patch notes :P. The players I saw complaining were ones that did wvw for that item and did not buy it when they had the badges to get it. Even thought that was the only reason why they did wvw.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

LOL. Really? QQing about warning? What about the new players who started without given even a single chance to get easy GOB? If do not want to spend that effort and time to get GOB, then don’t get legendary.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Their was a warning I talked in my guilds about the change to it. Anytime their a big patch, reading the patch note should be something everyone does as they are downloading it. It does not take a lot of effort to read the patch notes :P. The players I saw complaining were ones that did wvw for that item and did not buy it when they had the badges to get it. Even thought that was the only reason why they did wvw.

Must I reiterate this yet again? People did read the patchnotes. But whether or not they did does not change the fact that the patch notes did not give any indication of a date, whatsoever. The only notice of an actual date when this change would go live happened after the patch dropped. Not giving players access to the date clearly means that ANet was trying to let this fly under the radar.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

BEAT THAT HORSE!

But all in all, if you’re going to do this for one item, then remove all game area-specific requirements of legendary weapons, because everyone before your sorry kitten had to do it already. The gift of battle is easy to get and you can even cut the time in half with boosters. Doesn’t matter anyways because it’s still not going to happen… :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Must I reiterate this yet again? People did read the patchnotes. But whether or not they did does not change the fact that the patch notes did not give any indication of a date, whatsoever. The only notice of an actual date when this change would go live happened after the patch dropped. Not giving players access to the date clearly means that ANet was trying to let this fly under the radar.

A warning would not have been given months in advance if it was trying to go under the radar. You can only guess when the next update for it will happen but you know it will happen. Knowing that GoB was going to change gave players an opportunity to get the item before it was changed.

This was big issue over a minor part of the legendary grind. The 800g precursor is not the item people are complaining about but the GoB? That does not make any sense. If that was the only reason you wvw and you did not get it after you had enough badges that’s your own fault. The amount of time it takes to get the new GoB is compared to the old way. Instead of doing JP and dailies they can just afk or play wvw for a few hours during a week.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

This was big issue over a minor part of the legendary grind. The 800g precursor is not the item people are complaining about but the GoB? That does not make any sense. If that was the only reason you wvw and you did not get it after you had enough badges that’s your own fault. The amount of time it takes to get the new GoB is compared to the old way. Instead of doing JP and dailies they can just afk or play wvw for a few hours during a week.

They don’t even need to get “the green keep vista” for their GoE anymore…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Yea I remember those times too. I had to take my alts through for map completion it was horrible. I just wanted map complete getting killed by roamers. Anyways

GoB now: 6hours with booster, 8 without, 10 if you have no clue how to get wvw reward track pts fast.

GoB before the change: Daily JP in Eb and 3 bls ~45min a day for ~35badges, 3 wvw dailies 40badges ~45mins. About 7 days.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

Gift of Battle

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yea I remember those times too. I had to take my alts through for map completion it was horrible. I just wanted map complete getting killed by roamers. Anyways

GoB now: 6hours with booster, 8 without, 10 if you have no clue how to get wvw reward track pts fast.

GoB before the change: Daily JP in Eb and 3 bls ~45min a day for ~35badges, 3 wvw dailies 40badges ~45mins. About 7 days.

With boosters it is approx 4 hrs due to the daily bonuses

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Yea I tend to save my wvw reward track potions for whenever we get a new track. I can just pop 80 of them and get the item.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it is called Legendary for a reason. just live with it.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

LOL this again.

Get over it already. It’s only a little WvW or do you need Anet to create a safe space for you too?
Thank the gods you didn’t make you legendery’s when the game first came out like me ( and I’ve made 20) when you had to farm Badges of honor from kills not daily’s or AP chests and you had to do map completion of all the WvW maps too sometimes waiting weeks for 1 poi or vista just so you could get your gift of exploration.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i think they should revert the map completion to include the wvw map…. it is just too easy now….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

+1000000

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I only have one problem with the GoB reward track – it encourages “grinding” wvw.

What I mean is normally I don’t care for the reward point ticks or participation – which allows for more sensible gameplay and a focus on fighting, attacking/defending an objective, and so on…

However now I am in the process of making gifts for a legendary and am halfway through the GoB track I find it changes the way I play wvw – for the short time of 8-10 hours I do this I am solely focused on participation and reward point ticks – often disregarding objectives, enemy players and so on entirely. Once I have my participation up I am simply tagging sentries to keep it up and waypointing to a safe zone to afk for 10 minutes.

This is stupid gameplay. I am not enjoying wvw for this short period of getting the GoB and am most likely not helping my server in the process while filling a player slot.

For the record this is from the perspective of someone who loves pvp and wvw, fighting other players, and finds pve combat a boring chore.

The trouble is Legendary gear is a grind from start to finish – which fits with a grindy game mode in pve where the rewards are so much greater than the enjoyment of gameplay. But wvw should be about enjoyment of gameplay, not grind so while I agree pve exclusive players should have to venture into other game modes to deserve a legendary, I don’t think Anet have it right with the current system.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Spartacus.3192

I find it changes the way I play wvw – for the short time of 8-10 hours I do this I am solely focused on participation and reward point ticks – often disregarding objectives, enemy players and so on entirely. Once I have my participation up I am simply tagging sentries to keep it up and waypointing to a safe zone to afk for 10 minutes.

For the record this is from the perspective of someone who loves pvp and wvw, fighting other players, and finds pve combat a boring chore.

If you really loved WvW and fighting players then your behavior would not change as you described above. You would go about doing what you always do and the reward track would eventually get done.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

dont see the problem anyway, i dont wanna do pve stuff and ill never have legendary.
on the other hand i dont really give a kitten but why should PvE be reward with all kitten and WvW doesnt get anything good.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

To be honest, I did mine in 2 weeks… just by doing dailies (not all of them). I also played for 1 hr on each reset and just joined the biggest zerg.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I find it changes the way I play wvw – for the short time of 8-10 hours I do this I am solely focused on participation and reward point ticks – often disregarding objectives, enemy players and so on entirely. Once I have my participation up I am simply tagging sentries to keep it up and waypointing to a safe zone to afk for 10 minutes.

If you really loved WvW and fighting players then your behavior would not change as you described above. You would go about doing what you always do and the reward track would eventually get done.

You see the problem is legendary weapons require a grind mindset – otherwise you will never get them done.

GoB is nothing compared to the insane pve grind necessary.

But when I’m in pve grinding mindset I tend to play badly because it’s so repetitive and reward driven, hence I stay out of wvw until this grind is done and I can return and enjoy.

I have only ever made one legendary and I will be honest I didn’t enjoy the process – but I am happy to have the skin and weapon. I’m only making a second because I really like the skin a lot – and it happens to be a HoT legendary so even more grind…

Unfortuntalely I am a kind of player that fixates until something is complete – so I tend to play another game at the same time as making something like a legendary, because during this time GW2 is not fun for me.

I even am at the extent of only logging in for log in rewards, quick daily run and log out.

Therefore getting something like the GoB within this process is not simply playing wvw normally for me – because my mind is preoccupied with the huge checklist of stuff for a legendary. Once it is done then I relax and play as normal.

I hope that explains it for you.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Spartacus.3192

You see the problem is legendary weapons require a grind mindset – otherwise you will never get them done.

GoB is nothing compared to the insane pve grind necessary.

But when I’m in pve grinding mindset I tend to play badly because it’s so repetitive and reward driven, hence I stay out of wvw until this grind is done and I can return and enjoy.

I have only ever made one legendary and I will be honest I didn’t enjoy the process – but I am happy to have the skin and weapon. I’m only making a second because I really like the skin a lot – and it happens to be a HoT legendary so even more grind…

Unfortuntalely I am a kind of player that fixates until something is complete – so I tend to play another game at the same time as making something like a legendary, because during this time GW2 is not fun for me.

I even am at the extent of only logging in for log in rewards, quick daily run and log out.

Therefore getting something like the GoB within this process is not simply playing wvw normally for me – because my mind is preoccupied with the huge checklist of stuff for a legendary. Once it is done then I relax and play as normal.

I hope that explains it for you.

Ok I understand. To be fair I hate grinding with a passion also which is why I will never do Map Completion. I play this game for fun and doing hearts/vistas/poi in every corner of Tyria isn’t my idea of fun. I will inconvenience myself a little bit like when I need crystalline ore in Dragon Stand or Aurillium for my Durability runes but that’s as far as it goes.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The devs said no. Play for 8 hours and get your gift.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

macon.4065

Ahem…. let me get back to the original point of my post. I believe that the GOB should be a universal item for everyone to get. I am talking across the board a way to achieve it in PVE, PVP and WVW. I am concerned that we are being directed into areas of the game that we as players do not want to do. It segregates us from the rest of the community or forces us to comply with areas of the game that we have no interest in. This argument has been a long one that goes back to the very beginning. Many suggestions have been made including creating a server for PVP, for PVE and for WVW people to participate on. Their have even been ideas to make the PVE world a have the option to be PVP within the game environment. I hate to talk of other games but I am referring to the WOW separation of server so the players can choose where and how they want to play.

As for the amount of time that it takes to achieve this item GOB I’d like to point out that even if I decided to sit in the WVW and just sit their I have no interest in running around just to collect exp for GOB. I will not attack other players so I am a victim in a situation where I need to constantly res and go again for (not sure how many hours) to get the one item I need. This is not a fun way to play a game.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ahem…. let me get back to the original point of my post. I believe that the GOB should be a universal item for everyone to get. I am talking across the board a way to achieve it in PVE, PVP and WVW. I am concerned that we are being directed into areas of the game that we as players do not want to do. It segregates us from the rest of the community or forces us to comply with areas of the game that we have no interest in. This argument has been a long one that goes back to the very beginning. Many suggestions have been made including creating a server for PVP, for PVE and for WVW people to participate on. Their have even been ideas to make the PVE world a have the option to be PVP within the game environment. I hate to talk of other games but I am referring to the WOW separation of server so the players can choose where and how they want to play.

As for the amount of time that it takes to achieve this item GOB I’d like to point out that even if I decided to sit in the WVW and just sit their I have no interest in running around just to collect exp for GOB. I will not attack other players so I am a victim in a situation where I need to constantly res and go again for (not sure how many hours) to get the one item I need. This is not a fun way to play a game.

Uhmm clearly you don’t know the mechanics of WvW participation, you don’t have to fight a single person or revive a single person and can get max participation within 10 minutes of stepping into WvW, you can do a pure PvE experience by flipping camps that are full of PvE mobs, Escorting Yaks, claiming Sentries and so on……

Again until they give GoE to WvW and PvP players for only doing those modes GoB should stay exclusive to WvW.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

macon.4065

It also does take up a spot for a potential WVW player (who enjoys those mechanics) to get into the zone.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It also does take up a spot for a potential WVW player (who enjoys those mechanics) to get into the zone.

There are barely any queues except on servers that need to bleed some people.
/cough Blackgate /cough

So the spot they are taking actually is just a free spot anyway.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The devs said no. Play for 8 hours and get your gift.

Less than 8 hours with boosters/potions.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

This is why you will never see a map completion method in WvW.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

@OP:

ANET imposes that PvP/WvW players do PvE content (quite overwhelming amount) to get legendary weapons and PvE raids (BORING...) to get legendary armor. Its only fair that the PvE community be forced to do some PvP/WvW to share in our pains. In fact, they should introduce more PvP/WvW locked methods to acquire parts of legendaries (weapons and armors), IMHO.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This is why you will never see a map completion method in WvW.

Actually that used to be part of it. But the many pitchforks and torch raids from the pve’rs worked in the end so anet removed it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Ahem…. let me get back to the original point of my post. I believe that the GOB should be a universal item for everyone to get.

This is not a fun way to play a game.

I agree…ANet should make all things an universal item…in all game modes?

Many materials in crafting can’t be collected in WvW…period…you Have to go into PvE zones.

Currently I’m trying to collect a lot of Maguuma Lilies, but they’re only available for Successful collection in PvE zones.

Why Can’t we just make all materials an universal item…available in all game modes?

I’d say there’s waaaaay more things a WvW player has to go through to get PvE based things over what a PvE player has to suffer…imho

Why is that?

I agree…This is not a fun way to play a game.

Answer: This is to encourage players to try new & different things…outside of their comfort zone. You prefer PvE & I prefer WvW, but I bet you that I go into more PvE content than you have to endure WvW. Let’s agree to disagree & move on.

(edited by Diku.2546)

Gift of Battle

in WvW

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It should have always remained as something you could only get in WvW.
Before we got Badges of Honor in achievement chests, the only way to get the GoB was by actively playing WvW, since you could only get Badges from playing WvW. Anet just took it back to its root by putting it in a reward track.

We were warned that as soon as the tracks came out of Beta, that Gift of Battle would only be obtainable in the reward track. They did not need to give us a date. They warned us all, and the tracks came out of Beta 3 months after that warning.

To quote the User Agreement you all agreed to when you created your account;
2a … ~ “ArenaNet may modify, remove, or add Content in its reasonable discretion.”

Kitten.