Gift of Battle Forcing you to WvW now

in WvW

Posted by: Aristos.8026

Aristos.8026

So, i am a dedicated player that has been here in gw2 since flame and frost begun, nearly four years now and i recently decided to make a legendary. To my great disappointment I was forced to play wvw, a game mode i really do not like especially considering it’s balance is worse than pvp, as well as the behavior of the toxic raid guild who only want meta people.

People should not be forced to play game modes they do not want or are discouraged to play to get a legendary, whether that is raids to get legendary insights for the slowly coming legendary armor or the gift of battle for the legendary weapons. It feels like a really bad slap to the community not giving more options to pve or pvp players other than building a wvw set just for one stupid thing (especially if you make a legendary and wana save up gold).

If Anet did learn something from removing wvw from gift of exploration they totally forgot it with this.

So please if any Dev is reading this please add other alternative ways (not saying easy) to gain the gift of battle in other ways not just zerging in wvw and give pvers a chance for it. (Could easily say the same for leg insights, so that they would be also removed as a factor is people are good at raid or not)

in WvW

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I’m in the same boat as you but I found myself enjoying WvW, at least moderately. The dailies for WvW could get some adjusting though, to aid those who completely hate it.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I find pve fotms/dungeons/raids boring but I have to do it because is easier to get gears over there. Likewise, mats are way easier to get over there. How about considering it takes two hands to clap?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: joyb.6214

joyb.6214

Perhaps there should be another way to get gifts of exploration too. Legendaries aren’t supposed to be easy, and SHOULD involve playing all game modes (even though you can bypass pvp with a bit of gold).

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

how about WvW players feeling they are forced to do PVE map completion to be able to craft legendary ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Wvw players are forced to do world map completion for the gift.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Uhm gift of battle is like what, 2% of all the grinds? Wvw players have to get out of their way for much longer then a pve player to get theirs.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Sorry, I don’t have alot of sympathy for the OP as wvw-ers are forced to pve for gear, food and other items because wvw rewards are not enough to sustain wvw play. The Gift of Battle reward track is straightforward and doesn’t take a lot of time to achieve. If you invest alittle time to find out how to play wvw your time will be more enjoyable.

And as another poster has pointed out, pve map completion is required for a legendary which is far more annoying and time consuming for wvw people than a Gift of Battle is for a pve player.

I have several legendary weapons and some of those were created in the old days that required wvw maps for map completion. Now that was difficult, people had to wait for weeks or months to get the right match ups for the poi’s in some maps. But it did get people involved in wvw and they had to stick at it to get the map completion and learn about wvw in the process.

in WvW

azizul.8469

yeah.. i hope they revert back to include WvW for map completion….. missing those days…

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

Cry me a river.

Paying for siege, gear and food make WvW COST me money. I have to do PvE to even stay competitive in WvW. Let’s not even get started on large projects like legendaries…

I’m not as averse to PvE as many other WvW players and I’m way more efficient at earning gold than most. But that doesn’t mean that PvE is not a burden on me. A massive burden that I’d rather drop if I could.

So ye, before people start crying how unfair it is for them to HAVE to do WvW for some prestige project that takes ages to make anyway and of which the WvW part is relatively minuscule, maybe think about others and stop acting so entitled.

I already know I won’t get legendary armor, because Anet forces me to do PvE raids. I already know I won’t get a legendary backpiece, because Anet won’t implement one in WvW. I’m resigned to it. As I’m resigned to have to do PvE on a regular basis to properly equip my characters. But don’t come complaining here. I have no sympathy.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Forced to do WvW? I mean sure until you’ve reached max participation….

…I’ve heard some people who got their participation in WvW maxed, whacked on a bunch of boosters and parked their toon in hot spots like SMC or towers afk for god knows how long (watch TV or whatever) and got it that way. All they had to do to keep participation up was repair a wall. Like, 2 supply into that thing… And done.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’ve Mystic Toiletted my way to four precursors. Sold one. Still don’t have a legendary. Don’t even know what I need to finish one of them. Don’t care.

If I did care I wouldn’t go on the PvE forums and post about how Legendary weapons are forcing me to play PvE.

I should check on the map completion percentage of all my characters. I know one is at 100% and the next closest is around 80%. Past that I don’t think I have any of the seven left at more than 50%.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Gift of battle is 1000x easier for pve’ers then gift of exploration is for wvw’ers.

Your argument is mute. 4hrs vs 2weeks

(edited by Jacion.6302)

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Dead Horse is Dead, and it’s no different than the GoE forcing players to play PvE , but funny thing GoB is a lot easier to acquire and can be faked to obtained in 4.3 hours while GoE takes a minimum of 18+hrs.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Uhm gift of battle is like what, 2% of all the grinds? Wvw players have to get out of their way for much longer then a pve player to get theirs.

At 2% that would probably value it around 50g compared to the full cost of a legendary. But its actually just the end of a normal WvW reward track which generally give an armor or weapon piece with a value of maybe 5 gold tops.

So its more like 0.2%.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

I hear ya. But I see the pvp plight as well. Gear up a gaurdian, make it a dragonhunter, eat your veggies amd oil yourself up, throw a couple of boosters on and wallah. At first I fussed about it but 3 weeks later I have 10 gifts of battle on my bank. I just now have to grind out 8 gifts of exploration. Use your proof of heroics that you earn to get all the vistas complete and badda bing badda boom you have the hardest part done. Hearts are easy, and running around is tedious but doable.

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

There are many issues here. He has a valid point about being forced to play WvW, but he also has a very skewed perception of what WvW is and that is a problem that should be addressed too.

The fact that WvW players are forced into PvE as well should engender more sympathy than vitriol.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Make GoB and GoE sellable. Problem solved.

Also, there is PLENTY of PvE in WvW. It’s possible to never kill, or be killed by, another player and still easily get your GoB.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

He has a valid point about being forced to play WvW

No he doesnt. He is making a legendary. You have to complete the game for that. That is the point. WvW is part of the game.

If he makes a valid point, then another valid point would be that I should be able finish Fallout 4 by skipping levels 10 through 30 and never visiting Diamond City. Agreed?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’m sorry but at what point is a legendary anything more than a pretty skin?

You are not forced to do WvW for anything at all but if you want the biggest shinys then you have to put the effort into getting g them. Heaven forbid gaming just serves everything up on a silver platter the way you want it so you can wolf it down while watching Netflix and not concentrating.

Gaming used to be about earning those shinys via blood, sweat and tears, I remember ages ago playing a GBA game where to get the strongest attack you had to get a random encounter in a high level area and kill that boss in less than 30s, for every version of boss and I consider that timid compared to standards 15 years ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

You dont have to play any real WvW. Just do the easy dailys like Standing AFK in a ruin, spending 25 badges of honor (Anet gifts these to you for AP milestones), killing a Dollyak or capping a sentry. They take about 1-2 minutes each and you use them to finish your daily.
For every WvW you get the liquid WvW rewards that you can use until the reward track is complete. Takes you about 20-30 days if you just do you dailys in WvW. No additional playtime needed.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Drinks.2361

Drinks.2361

So, i am a dedicated player that has been here in gw2 since launch, four years now and i recently decided to make a legendary. To my great disappointment I was forced to play PVE, a game mode i really do not like especially considering it’s balance is worse than pvp, as well as the behavior of the toxic raid guild who only want meta people.
People should not be forced to play game modes they do not want or are discouraged to play to get a legendary, whether that is raids to get legendary insights for the slowly coming legendary armor or the gift of exploration for the legendary weapons. It feels like a really bad slap to the community not giving more options to WvW or pvp players other than building a PvE set just for one stupid thing (especially if you make a legendary and wana save up gold).
If Anet did learn something from removing wvw from gift of exploration they totally forgot it with this.
So please if any Dev is reading this please add other alternative ways (not saying easy) to gain the gift of exploration in other ways not just zerging in PvE maps and give WvWers a chance for it. (Could easily say the same for leg insights, so that they would be also removed as a factor is people are good at raid or not)

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Gift of battle is probably the most enjoyable part of the Legendary Journey

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

while u are at it plz add ascended and legendary armor to WvW, thx.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Gift of Battle interchangeable with Exploration.

Legendary crafting mastery possible in WvW instead of Tyria Mastery.

Pls.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Make GoB and GoE sellable. Problem solved.

Also, there is PLENTY of PvE in WvW. It’s possible to never kill, or be killed by, another player and still easily get your GoB.

This, or:

Dear ANet please remove Legendary everything from the game! They are the ugliest skins in the game, isn’t any better than ascended, is just a titanic boring grind (in all aspects), and is the largest cause for toxic posts on the forums with all these “make GoBattle/GoExploration so I can buy it for 5 coppers and a [Spike] !” comments.

It is clear the best solution for everyones continued sanity, and the betterment of the community on the forums (and in game) to just flat out remove them, so we don’t ever get another thread complaining about it (one way or another).

Put the skins for sale in the Gemstore.

/end (only somewhat sarcastic)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

yeah.. i hope they revert back to include WvW for map completion….. missing those days…

I remember that…kinda hard to forget sneaking all the way across the enemy BL and dying in a 1v6 while getting the very last poi. That is actually the world complete that means the most. Given the state of servers now; about the only way you’d be able to finish it would be to transfer.

As for making GoB & GoE sell-able….I’d love to be able to mail the extra GoE’s I have sitting in storage to WvW peeps as a thank you for dragging me around.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Darwin Iznang.1342

Darwin Iznang.1342

These threads never cease to amaze me. Put ur boost on, get a tanky build, and grin and bear it. I hardly call a few hours in WvW a legendary act. You should still have to do that map completion too.

Win 10 64bit | i5-4670K | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @ 1866Mhz | ASUS GTX 970 | Kingston 240 GB SSD

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

People should not be forced to play game modes they do not want or are discouraged to play to get a legendary

A fine sentiment, as long as it’s applied across the board to players who prefer sPvP and WvW, as well as PvE’ers. After all, the PvE’ing requirements for a legendary far outweigh the 8-9 hours WvW’ing that the GoB track requires.

However, I don’t see it happening. Why? ANet wants people to try different aspects of the game and they use carrots to entice people to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

WvW-ers are forced to do total map completion, and you guys moan about a few days of WvW. Sigh.

1) Make sure you have the guild hall buff running. 2) XP boosters (the yellow ones). If you don’t have any, you can either get from gemstore, or get a 30 min version for 1 laurel each. 3) Don’t be a horrible person and repair walls for it — I don’t even know why this is a thing, but it is. Anet needs to stop giving participation for repairing. You’ll only be a hindrance to your fellow servermates and it’s not THEIR fault that you’re there, so don’t take it out on them.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Zanixo.1708

Zanixo.1708

Posts like these always give me a good laugh, the amount us WvW players have to do yet when others have to spend just a little bit of time in WvW, they cry.

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

So please if any Dev is reading this please add other alternative ways (not saying easy) to gain the gift of battle in other ways not just zerging in wvw and give pvers a chance for it.

Yeah, something like a Mystic Forge recipe that requires:
250 Hardened Leather Squares
250 Mystic Coins
250 Mystic Clovers
2 Gifts of Exploration

I’m sure the PVE’rs won’t mind more farming than go through 8~ hours of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

a gift of BATTLE requiring you to BATTLE people in WvW, how dare they!

Honestly it doesn’t take any real time to get the badges for it, like, go into WvW follow the commander, be sure to tag enemy players that you see, ect. Heck, I roam and I have more badges than I know what to do with…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

Honestly it doesn’t take any real time to get the badges for it, like, go into WvW follow the commander, be sure to tag enemy players that you see, ect. Heck, I roam and I have more badges than I know what to do with…

/facepalm

When it’s obvious people don’t know what they are talking about.

It’s even easier than badges now for close to a year now BoH have not been needed for GoB all it takes is 4.3 to 8 hrs to finish a reward track while semi AFK even to acquire one.

Again BoH are no longer used for GoB, check the patch notes it’s was approx a year ago that change happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

So, i am a dedicated player that has been here in gw2 since flame and frost begun, nearly four years now and i recently decided to make a legendary. To my great disappointment I was forced to play wvw, a game mode i really do not like especially considering it’s balance is worse than pvp, as well as the behavior of the toxic raid guild who only want meta people.

People should not be forced to play game modes they do not want or are discouraged to play to get a legendary, whether that is raids to get legendary insights for the slowly coming legendary armor or the gift of battle for the legendary weapons. It feels like a really bad slap to the community not giving more options to pve or pvp players other than building a wvw set just for one stupid thing (especially if you make a legendary and wana save up gold).

So please if any Dev is reading this please add other alternative ways (not saying easy) to gain the gift of battle in other ways not just zerging in wvw and give pvers a chance for it. (Could easily say the same for leg insights, so that they would be also removed as a factor is people are good at raid or not)

I am sorry, i do not enjoy the pve raids or fractals , but i would be forced to do them if i want infussed rings, backpack , or legendary armor
Even more they force me to do dungeons and meta events on pve map , wich i 100% dislike and i will get kicked from every single dungeon party or pve raid if i go with nomad guardian inside

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If you ask me, they were catering to fair-weathers when they removed WvW from map completion. If you wanted to remove WvW from legendary crafting then it defeats the whole intention of them being legendary weapons (a little thing they slipped on with the armours). If in the end, they do decide to cater to crybabies, then they should just make legendary crafting a standalone option for each game mode.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

I hope that they never, ever add WvW map completion back to being a requirement for Legendaries. That was awful and took forever to do for a PvE player.

I know this road sucks for both camps, WvWers needing to do map completion and PvE-ers moaning about needing to do WvW. I’m usually over here groaning about having to do WvW but at least I am thankful that it is just a reward track. I have pretty high anxiety which makes it difficult. Playing WITH other players is doable, playing AGAINST other people seems to make my anxiety go through the roof. WvW is a very, very daunting prospect for me but gawddangit I want my shiny!

So for everyone here basically saying ‘shut up, put your big boy pants on and do it’ – what is timing like? I know there’s variation from server to server, but generally speaking, what times do you guys feel is the most populated window on your servers (most active evenings on weekends, weekend day, evenings later in the week, etc)? What is the window for the least populated times?

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

(edited by Maethor.2810)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

so what exactly would be acceptable to you? to be able to play one game mode exclusively and be able to get every item in game? gift of battle isn’t even that hard to get, I suggest putting in minimal effort before telling anet they should change everything.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Maethor, what server are you on? There’s most likely a few folks who will be happy to give you a hand and aren’t going to be insulting about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Maethor, what server are you on? There’s most likely a few folks who will be happy to give you a hand and aren’t going to be insulting about it.

I’m on Dragonbrand.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in WvW

azizul.8469

actually , you don’t have to follow commander around all the time to get that GoB. you can just get the 10% reward track bonus from guild hall tavern npc, accumulate the participation point to 195, consume the 50% reward track buff, and then cap the ruins at least every 4 minutes….. do that for 6 hours and your done with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Sorry, but my opinion on this is suck it up and do the 2 or so days it takes to get 500 badges. It’s really not that hard.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Turn around, put on the wvw players shoes, and think about how they feel having to pve for everything when all they want to do is just play wvw.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Does that mean the masochism has to be equally shared?

Why not find a way to make this behavior consistent? If they don’t want to WvW to get a legendary, then those of us that don’t want to pve should also get something in return. People that support either stance are really the same shouldn’t just hate on the game mode they don’t like. Work together….

Personally, I’m shut off from any of the new legendary, because I refuse to deal with Central Tyria garbage points (which is far more terrible than any GoB reward track OR map compleition), so whatever. I should really vendor these 187 mystic clovers since they’re not going to do anything for me anyways. If I had my way, I’d sell these Gift of Battle I accidentally got.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Do you have all the tracks done or something? it doesn’t go back to a finished track unless you pick it, otherwise it goes to the next unfinished track. So if you want to stop “accidentally” getting gift of battle reward track make sure other tracks you want are open.

Back to the topic, pve players are now asked of “one” thing to do in wvw to get the gift, which for 4 years they were given a free ride on with the achievement badge giveaways, map completion in wvw was a more difficult task to do when it was needed. That required players to go around in zergs to get the points unless you were on dead servers, with the reward track you can sit semi afk using a treb hitting a wall and get it done.

Wvw players have had to do so much more in pve to get what they want to function in wvw, like guild hall upgrades, gear sets. It’s much more difficult for a pure wvw player to complete items like the legendaries, gift of battle is the easy part, having to map out 30+ zones is a major pain in the kitten as I’m sure you fully well know. The reward tracks have helped wvw a lot, since you can just do the dungeon tracks now for the tokens rather than having to run the dungeons. I had to do mines in spvp before they brought the rewards tracks to wvw.

Should the pain be equally shared? no obviously not, but if you want a legendary there’s obviously going to be some pain for it. Frankly I don’t even care if they changed it so pve players don’t have to come into wvw for the gift. I just want wvw to be better.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

For quite a long time the mandatory map completion required also all WvW maps.
Now that was a real pain even for WvW players – as sometimes you just had to wait for several weeks to get to that particular garrison (because either you missed the time it was capped, or your server was too outmatched) .

Now – it’s not that tragic thing really. Even without extra boosts it’s about 9 hours real time, just need to login during the prime time and join zerg for a few days. Or grind it out during weekend. Not the ideal solution but compared to the effort needed for crafting precursor or gathering all the mats, it’s nothing.

In my opinion the best solution would be to have PvE and WvW and PvP version of the legendaries. With separate crafting precursor collections. But that’s not going to happen.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Do you have all the tracks done or something? it doesn’t go back to a finished track unless you pick it, otherwise it goes to the next unfinished track. So if you want to stop “accidentally” getting gift of battle reward track make sure other tracks you want are open.

I pretty much have done every track. And this was back when it kept defaulting to it. And no , finishing a track doesn’t help. I got the track simply from overflow from the previous.

It doesn’t do that anymore. Now it keeps defaulting to bittwrfrost frontier or lake doric. At least those are good tracks.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

/facepalm

It’s even easier than badges now for close to a year now BoH have not been needed for GoB all it takes is 4.3 to 8 hrs to finish a reward track while semi AFK even to acquire one.

Again BoH are no longer used for GoB, check the patch notes it’s was approx a year ago that change happened.

Well see before, way back, the GoB was a purchase you used Badges to purchase, and NOT a reward track, so who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?

And now that it’s a reward track it’s that much easier, anything that gives you XP in WvW now goes towards it, you could literally just kill mobs in WvW to get it, run around and tag a few things and when they complete you don’t even need to be close to there for you to get credit, people just want to make it easier that’s all, pretty soon this game will just be a, “Log on, get stuff handed to you, get bored, log off”, sort of game.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

BlaqueFyre.5678

/facepalm

Well see before, way back, the GoB was a purchase you used Badges to purchase, and NOT a reward track, so who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?

And now that it’s a reward track it’s that much easier, anything that gives you XP in WvW now goes towards it, you could literally just kill mobs in WvW to get it, run around and tag a few things and when they complete you don’t even need to be close to there for you to get credit, people just want to make it easier that’s all, pretty soon this game will just be a, “Log on, get stuff handed to you, get bored, log off”, sort of game.

Your statement was present tense, again it hasn’t been BoH for a GoB in approx a year so what you stated in the original quote is still 100% wrong since you stated present tense. yes I know GoB used to be for BoH since I have played since shortly after launch, yes it is stupid that they are making everything easier and easier to acquire but fun fact players used to not have to even participate in WvW and could get GoB since Achievement chests give BoH at least the new system makes them “participate” in WvW.

Again read up on the systems currently in place, people will take you more seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

how about WvW players feeling they are forced to do PVE map completion to be able to craft legendary ?

Exactly. I had do do map completion again to make another legendary! I very much dislike PvE as I find it very boring. So it goes both ways. What Anet is trying to do is make sure you have played in every aspect of the game to get certain content.

I see why they do it. But I do wish you could just get everything done in the part of the game you most enjoy. Perhaps there will be a compromise someday.