Gift of Battle missing from WvW NPC

in WvW

Posted by: SABeefeater.9735

SABeefeater.9735

What is your WvW rank? They changed it so that the Gift of Battle can only be purchased if you’re at least rank 30.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

How could they go and make it rank 30+

It is required for a legendary… you know how long it will take to reach 30….

They added this why? to force players into WvW…. I am a hard core PVE player, I have no desire to PVP or WVW…. why am I being forced to?

You say "oh I want a legendary and all I do is WvW…. well I have to run a dungeon… you can get your dungeon reward in 2 days…….

This is yet another thing pulling dedicated players like me away from the game!!!!

(edited by Max Gladius.6930)

in WvW

Max Gladius.6930

I think they should make a requirement of 50 pristine fractal relics to every legendary now as well….

That may balance things out a bit….

Between this… and breaking mesmers yet again with a patch that was not to touch mesmers… I really am not sure why I bother logging in anymore…

in WvW

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

Maybe rank 10 would have been more appropriate.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

use laurel to buy rank. problem solved.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Max Gladius.6930

Why must I use one currency to purchase another currency? If they wanted it to be laurels, they would have made it laurels.

That is like every other thing in GW2… a workaround….

Every time they come out with what they consider “great new content” (Edge of the Mists) they either break other zones (Fractured update WvW was down for like 12 hrs I believe) or they add some new requirement that forces players to participate in such areas….

How about they remove the stupid requirement…

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It’s simple. The Gift of Battle always required 500 BoH. Before they brought out achievement awards, you had to go into WvW and kill enough players (shock horror!) to buy it. Essentially, playing WvW has been an important element of making a legendary since the beginning.

The only problem was when the achievement awards started giving everyone hundred of BoH. It has now been remedied to something like the original vision. And as has been said, there are workarounds to this requirement that there weren’t for the original one.

in WvW

Posted by: difens.1326

difens.1326

It’s simple. The Gift of Battle always required 500 BoH. Before they brought out achievement awards, you had to go into WvW and kill enough players (shock horror!) to buy it. Essentially, playing WvW has been an important element of making a legendary since the beginning.

The only problem was when the achievement awards started giving everyone hundred of BoH. It has now been remedied to something like the original vision. And as has been said, there are workarounds to this requirement that there weren’t for the original one.

You never had to kill anyone in WvW to get BoHs needed for legendary. All you had to do was some jumping…

in WvW

Max Gladius.6930

I think 5k AP should be a requirement for equipting a legendary….
A lot more than needing lvl 30 WvW to buy some of the materials…..

I am tired of seeing ebayers with 1k AP and legendrys thinking they are gods gift to the game!!!

That would be a real show of “playing the game” a lot more than lvl 30 WvW…

(edited by Max Gladius.6930)

in WvW

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

This is BS! I was saving mats and gold for my Legendary for what now? Now I have to wait EVEN more as if karma farming wasn’t already annoying enough. Thanks for your crap ANet!

So what if a player has no desire to engage in WvW, what does he do with all the bs mats like Mystic Clovers? You can’t even sell them. This is SO unfair. And more, what happens to those with legendaries or Gift of Battle and don’t have rank 30 on WvW? Nothing. Unfair to those who didn’t buy it earlier. This change is unfair.

(edited by Subutex.2416)

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

This is BS! I was saving mats and gold for my Legendary for what now? Now I have to wait EVEN more as if karma farming wasn’t already annoying enough. Thanks for your crap ANet!

So what if a player has no desire to engage in WvW, what does he do with all the bs mats like Mystic Clovers? You can’t even sell them. This is SO unfair. And more, what happens to those with legendaries or Gift of Battle and don’t have rank 30 on WvW? Nothing. Unfair to those who didn’t buy it earlier. This change is unfair.

• Legendary requires you to master all areas of the game. If you don’t want to master WvW, you are not eligible to have a Legendary.
  • Clovers can be sold to the merchant
  • Life is unfair

in WvW

Subutex.2416

I am tired of seeing ebayers with 1k AP and legendrys thinking they are gods gift to the game!!!

And more will show with this stupid change. Come on, the Karma nerf? Now this? Arena Net is pushing you to buy from other sites. lol

in WvW

Subutex.2416

• Legendary requires you to master all areas of the game. If you don’t want to master WvW, you are not eligible to have a Legendary.
  • Clovers can be sold to the merchant
  • Life is unfair
  • Hence the 500 BoH.
  • Please, too cheap for what it cost. And you know it, you’re just playing smart*ss.
  • Well good thing this is a videogame, not life.

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

• Hence the 500 BoH.

You do realize you can have 500 Badges without even joining WvW once?

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

• Hence the 500 BoH.

You do realize you can have 500 Badges without even joining WvW once?

You do realize you can buy all your levels without having to WvW once?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

HAHA….Finally the PVE community feels the WvW community’s pain…..Sucks to be forced into a game-mode you don’t enjoy to accomplish a task right?

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Geez. If you actually WvW long enough to get 500 badges you probably will have 30 levels of WxP.

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

So, to the title of the post: Does the Gift show up in the vendor once you do reach rank 30? Because I looked at all of them and did not see it for sale anywhere (I’m not rank 30 yet or close to it).

And I’m not sure how viable the laurels->rank idea is for anyone who truly wants to avoid WvW entirely, because you have to spend a fair chunk of BOH to get the WXP item as well as the laurels. If you’re not already playing WvW to get lots of BOH, you will wind up spending all the badges you get from achievement chest buying your rank, and then you’ll have to go do WvW anyway to get the BOH you need. So I think you have to do the WvW either way now.

Which, I can understand people being kittened at being forced to play parts of the game they would not choose to play otherwise. I tried WvW and I do like it, even though I suck at PvP as a general rule. But I don’t expect or think that everyone will or should feel that way about it.

On the other hand, I’m sure that full time PvP and WvW players also probably don’t appreciate much that they’re forced to grind dungeons and do map completion to get their legendaries either.

I think the only real answer to this is that anyone can get a legendary while avoiding any part of the game they really, truly despise, as long as they’re willing to spend enough time grinding for gold (or dump enough dollars in gems to gold) to buy one off the TP. They sure as hell aren’t cheap that way, but they’re not exactly cheap any other way either.

And the only thing this really changes is that now everyone who likes only certain aspects of the game is going to have to spend a non-trivial amount of time doing at least some things they don’t like in order to get one without buying it straight up.

in WvW

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

How could they go and make it rank 30+

It is required for a legendary… you know how long it will take to reach 30….

They added this why? to force players into WvW…. I am a hard core PVE player, I have no desire to PVP or WVW…. why am I being forced to?

You say "oh I want a legendary and all I do is WvW…. well I have to run a dungeon… you can get your dungeon reward in 2 days…….

This is yet another thing pulling dedicated players like me away from the game!!!!

Take your WXP-Boosters and join a Zerg on Eternal Battlegrounds or EotM. Takes 2-3 days to reach wvw rank 30.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

From reddit users, could be a gr8 song:

Why do they force us to play WvW?
Why do they force us to play PvE?
Why do they force us to play?
I ask this question every day.

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in WvW

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Geez. If you actually WvW long enough to get 500 badges you probably will have 30 levels of WxP.

No you won’t. You get a ton of Badge of Honor from achievements chest.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Rofl, kittening casual pve players crack me up. Rank 30 takes about 30 minutes of Karma training thanks to dumb reward system anet put in. Lol, you don’t have to do much more than you do in pve, just spam 1 brah you’ll be fine

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I’m r62 on an alt that I played in wvw for maybe a day.

Cry me a river.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

I think they should now make you go to spvp as well, and buy something with glory….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

K U T M.4539

I think they should now make you go to spvp as well, and buy something with glory….

60k glory seems about right.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Could you imagine the PVE-fueled rage then?

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

K U T M.4539

“I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE 6 DAYS IN PVP?!”

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

The amount of time to get r30 in wvw is nothing compared to… say… map completion or farming stacks of T6 mats. Not to mention WvW map completion is also a requirement. There never used to be jumping puzzles or achievement chests with badges, so the original method required playing actual WvW.

If you aren’t willing to help your server out then there is nothing “legendary” about you.

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

“I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE 6 DAYS IN PVP?!”

I support this change. Forget PvEers who think the game belongs to them to just blow through with auto attacks and memorized fights.

Please stop crying about the four or five hour investment in getting rank 30. If you have a map zerg, its even easier.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

And the only thing this really changes is that now everyone who likes only certain aspects of the game is going to have to spend a non-trivial amount of time doing at least some things they don’t like in order to get one without buying it straight up.

WTB 500 Arah tokens… pst

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

No you won’t. You get a ton of Badge of Honor from achievements chest.

Which is a tragedy of epic proportions. Dear god, spending time to play another aspect of the game to get the best in-game weapons means you have to play WvW for a few weeks. I don’t get why PvE players get all this extra stuff to make their time easier but WvW players are expected to play PvE when all we’d rather be doing is killing each other.

I want WvW exclusive legendary weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You’re welcome, PvE community, for all the server-wide Power of the Mists buffs we provide that help you get your mats for your legendary.

Signed, your WvW community.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Good.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: AnTxJeTs.5186

AnTxJeTs.5186

You’re welcome, PvE community, for all the server-wide Power of the Mists buffs we provide that help you get your mats for your legendary.

Signed, your WvW community.

^^ This. The PvE community QQ’s a lot.. You guys get the most updates and buffs, and still have the nerve to complain. The PvE content is already EASY mode. Play some WvW to actually be rewarded, with your legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Should be rank 50 imo, you can easily get 15 ranks/day. You can even get 30 ranks in 1 day with the birthday booster. 2 days ago, I got 12 ranks in 3 hours. Oh noes it takes so long…

You know how long I did over map completion? 1 and a half year… If they remove the rank requirement, remove map completion aswel.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU