Gift of Battle rank requirement update

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Make it require you to be a Legend in WvW.

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

We will be removing all rank requirements for the Gift of Battle in the February 18th build and further evaluate what those requirements will be. We do not currently have an ETA for when rank requirements will be reinstated.

Please do not remove the requirements. Do not give in to whining about PvE players having to do PvP to get their legendaries. WvW players ALWAYS have to do things they don’t want to do to get skins, gold, gear, etc. I think PvE players can suffer for a few hours in WvW to get the proper rank. If you do give in then you better stop ignoring WvW pleas. Where is our ascended armor/weapons that don’t require crafting or PvE? How about WvW actually gets some good looking skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

WvW people complain for a year about how getting a legendary is IMPOSSIBLE to do with only WvW and having to do lots of PvE to get it, and we get nothing to help us. PvE people complain for 1 week about having actually do a TINY bit of ACTUAL WvW (not just running around waiting for completion asking people to take stuff for them), and it gets temporarily removed to “re-evaluate”.

If PvE’ers can get great shinies without having to really do WvW, can WvW people FINALLY get some real shinies that they can get only doing WvW? I mean, give a rest on the “new” masteries. Give us some WvW shinies (note: those “new” skins they gave us earlier this year weren’t even new…weren’t great…not really worth it for level 80 WvW players). Maybe if anet actually listened to their WvW people, instead of constantly pandering to the PvE masses, they’d get more money from us (heck, Im sure that quaggan finisher got them quite a bit!)

Maybe if WvWers didn’t circle around every possibility of PvEers being forced into world v world like sharks around a pile of chum, they might be more willing to do it. As it is, you guys look at PvEers as a cheap source of bags, and grief the hell out of them for the giggles. Why would they want to be forced into it, simply so they can be tormented?

in WvW

Posted by: Batercus.6257

Batercus.6257

Could you make the requirement from WvW equal or separate from the PvE one then? It feels like you gave in to easy on the complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

The removal is to address the manner in which it is communicated in game. There will be a requirement to reach a rank in WvW prior to purchasing the Gift when we are able to provide adequate messaging to let players know why they can’t purchase it and what they need to do in order to be able to purchase it.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

WvW people complain for a year about how getting a legendary is IMPOSSIBLE to do with only WvW and having to do lots of PvE to get it, and we get nothing to help us. PvE people complain for 1 week about having actually do a TINY bit of ACTUAL WvW (not just running around waiting for completion asking people to take stuff for them), and it gets temporarily removed to “re-evaluate”.

If PvE’ers can get great shinies without having to really do WvW, can WvW people FINALLY get some real shinies that they can get only doing WvW? I mean, give a rest on the “new” masteries. Give us some WvW shinies (note: those “new” skins they gave us earlier this year weren’t even new…weren’t great…not really worth it for level 80 WvW players). Maybe if anet actually listened to their WvW people, instead of constantly pandering to the PvE masses, they’d get more money from us (heck, Im sure that quaggan finisher got them quite a bit!)

Maybe if WvWers didn’t circle around every possibility of PvEers being forced into world v world like sharks around a pile of chum, they might be more willing to do it. As it is, you guys look at PvEers as a cheap source of bags, and grief the hell out of them for the giggles. Why would they want to be forced into it, simply so they can be tormented?

Just saying, as someone who doesn’t wear full zerker gear, or do speed run stuff, I’ve been kicked from fractal and PvE dungeon groups plenty of times with people calling me a noob because I didn’t know the short cuts for speed runs, or went in as a condi mesmer instead of buying zerker gear. It goes both ways. The only difference is when WvW people “grief” (mostly just kill or camp a JP in a PvP area) the forums become ablaze with how horrible we WvW people are

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’d rather move the map requirements from the exploration gift to the battle gift.

When you complete the world map, you get the exploration gift. When you complete the mists map (including visiting each PvP map once, and at least once each of the locations in the Edge of the Mists), you get the battle gift.

“Tyria exploration” should not require something which is outside of Tyria.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggs.8420

Ruggs.8420

As someone who is a regular in both PvE dungeons speed runs and WvW (I dabble in PvP proper) I’d rather not force anyone to play content they don’t like. Having said that, there should be incentives to have new players try out the different game types Guild Wars 2 has to offer. Personally I think it’s difficult to balance that.

Legendaries are optional. So making someone get a certain level in WvW, PvP and/or PvE I believe to be acceptable. I don’t know about you guys but I found it harder to get all the WP/POIs than I ever did getting to lvl 30 in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

I consider rank 200 to be sufficiently high to show mastery of WvW for the purposes of acquiring a Gift of Battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The removal is to address the manner in which it is communicated in game. There will be a requirement to reach a rank in WvW prior to purchasing the Gift when we are able to provide adequate messaging to let players know why they can’t purchase it and what they need to do in order to be able to purchase it.

One has to wonder how many times ArenaNet will have to go through the convulsions of “Unannounced shift in rewards/gameplay → Temporary retraction → Actually communicate the change → Permanent shift” before communicating changes ahead of pushing them Live becomes part of the “this will altering gameplay” checklist. A required step before anyone signs off on pushing the alteration to Live Servers.

Liquid karma/karma boosters say ‘hi’.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

As someone who is a regular in both PvE dungeons speed runs and WvW (I dabble in PvP proper) I’d rather not force anyone to play content they don’t like. Having said that, there should be incentives to have new players try out the different game types Guild Wars 2 has to offer. Personally I think it’s difficult to balance that.

Legendaries are optional. So making someone get a certain level in WvW, PvP and/or PvE I believe to be acceptable. I don’t know about you guys but I found it harder to get all the WP/POIs than I ever did getting to lvl 30 in WvW.

See that’s how I feel overall about this. You already have to get world completion, including in WvW, to get your Gift of Exploration for your legendary weapon(s). Considering that this means you have to have gotten inside all of the keeps/towers/camps/Stonemist, you have already participated in battles in WvW. If you had never steped foot in WvW before going for your wvw map completion, the WvW experience you will have gained from joining the fights alone should have gotten you ALOT of WvW exp. (and lets not forget that you get free 15 minute WvW exp boosters in your first 5 levels/ranks) If you even only half-heartedly participated in the WvW battles and just waited until your team captured a place to get its poi/vista/skill point/ ect, you should still have gotten a fair amount of wvw ranks. It is extremely easy to get a mere 30 wvw ranks.

A legendary means you have done a lot of effort, sweat, bravery, and battle to make it. If you somehow managed to get all your wvw map completion and yet didn’t get even close to wvw rank 30, then that means you intentionally avoided all the battles and events (and also thus avoided a lot of loot. Loot which helps you in crafting said legendary weapon), and/or your server was dominating the match up and owned almost everything (unlikely).

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

One has to wonder how many times ArenaNet will have to go through the convulsions of “Unannounced shift in rewards/gameplay -> Temporary retraction -> Actually communicate the change -> Permanent shift” before communicating changes ahead of pushing them Live becomes part of the “this will altering gameplay” checklist. A required step before anyone signs off on pushing the alteration to Live Servers.

Liquid karma/karma boosters say ‘hi’.

So much tact. So much truth. And so much burn. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You’ve been missing for 2 months mate. Aside from changes to the Gift requirements, have you been working on new stuff for WvW? Or are you just prepping for WvW Season 2?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

No issue from me Anet. Tweaking the Gift of Battle is fine.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Personally I like the requirement, and like they said there WILL be a requirement of some sort. I just hope that, because it IS a Legendary Weapon, which to me feels like in order to wield one, you should have somewhat adequate knowledge of all aspects of the game, I also think there should be a rank 10 requirement in sPvP

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Make it require you to be a Legend in WvW.

This makes sense.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The rank requirement was a great addition. Definitely get is back asap.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

I am not sure how one can effectively grief in wvw. With the exception of maybe the JP. Other then that how does one grief the enemy?

They are bags to us, but its not like we can tell the difference between pvp player and the pve player. All the see before the fight is red name and class, and by the end maybe the build (ie bunker, condi, gc). Its not like all pve people have a sign above them saying “kill me for easy bag”. So not sure how we are tormenting them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Back when I was making my first legendary, we called it the “gift of jumping.”

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I wholeheartedly agree that Rank 30 is far too low of a requirement. The Gift of Battle should be as follows:

Rank 50 WvW (since ranks are being combined account wide)
1,000 Badges (since you already get half for free from achievements)
Rank 10 SPvP
10,000 Glory

I think rank 100 WvW is required. That’s only about a month of semi-dedicated play. Much less if you karma train with the zerg.

Yeah, Stag rank in PvP sounds about right, but if they’re removing Glory that requirement might be a problem. I agree in principle.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

I don’t have any legendaries.
I am not working towards any legendaries.
I can live with the fact that a legendary requires some degree of mastery of all aspects of the game (I don’t like it, but I accept it in terms of these being endgame items)

Once the rank requirement is reinstated (at whatever level), can you confirm whether existing legendaries will become unequippable until the player reaches the required rank?

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

We will be removing all rank requirements for the Gift of Battle in the February 18th build and further evaluate what those requirements will be. We do not currently have an ETA for when rank requirements will be reinstated.

Just to be clear – there was some confusion around the requirement and how it is messaged in-game, which is part of why it is being temporarily removed.

Communication issue? Let’s see here:

“You need to be rank 30 to buy the Gift of Battle.”

Where exactly does this message get mistranslated and interpreted to anything other than reach rank 30 in WvW?

Or are you implying that PvE-only players literally need you to hold their hand through such a simple endeavour???? If so, that is quite sad.

If you remove the requirement, for any amount of time, they are just going to go in and buy 4 gifts of battle with the badges “earned” (lol) through AP chests, and never need to rank up, ever.

The last 2 days I have helped a person from SOS to finish his/her wvw map completion, as well as help them in gaining ranks.

I have never met this person before this, and this person has stated on more than one occasion that they HATE WvW, even though they haven’t really given it a proper go. This person was rank 5 or 6 after completing all 4 WvW map explorations. He/she is now rank 17 (mostly in a few hours).

Rank 30 is not hard to reach. Both “wvw requirements” for legendaries are negligible (you made badges negligible) compared to what wvw players need to do in pve, let alone to make any kind of money, let alone combat the ever inflating trading post prices on EVERYTHING.

Do not remove the rank requirement, it isn’t bugged, nor is it hard to understand. Remove it and you may as well never bring it back.

Even if SOMEHOW a person fails to understand they need rank 30, they will ask in map chat or guild chat or check the wiki and find out in a matter of seconds. DO NOT REMOVE IT.

As the person above wrote:

Once the rank requirement is reinstated (at whatever level), can you confirm whether existing legendaries will become unequippable until the player reaches the required rank?

^ This needs to be implemented if you are SERIOUS about making legendaries require “mastery” of all game modes.

Also, the rank requirement should be 120 not a measly 30.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Rank 30 is easy to each, but how will it work with the combined WvW XP that’s being introduced?

Looking forward to that date as i play 9 toons and have my WXP spread everywhere.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

thaooo.5320

See that’s how I feel overall about this. You already have to get world completion, including in WvW, to get your Gift of Exploration for your legendary weapon(s). Considering that this means you have to have gotten inside all of the keeps/towers/camps/Stonemist, you have already participated in battles in WvW. If you had never steped foot in WvW before going for your wvw map completion, the WvW experience you will have gained from joining the fights alone should have gotten you ALOT of WvW exp. (and lets not forget that you get free 15 minute WvW exp boosters in your first 5 levels/ranks)

See, the problem with this is, one can simply avoid participation in wvw to get the map completion, they can keep checking the maps to see if something is owned (flipped, karma train, colour rotation), and then go there, which is what MOST of them do/have done.

WvW map completion is not hard. Rank 30 is not hard (follow karma train, buy with laurels). There needs to be some kind of implementation that is some kind of measure that this person has been in wvw long enough to actually KNOW and have PLAYED the game mode, pve only players have it so easy, and yet they complain so loud and so much, it is quite shameful.

ALL IS VAIN.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Gift of Battle. (Battle not required.)

Sounds like a punch-line waiting to happen.

Signature material right there.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitsune.4280

Kitsune.4280

I do not WvW. I do not want to WvW. I do not want to be told I have to WvW.

I do not PvE. I do not want to PvE. I do not want to be told I have to Pve. I want a nice shiny toy with all possible stats awailable too, so what should I do to make this “moratorium on ‘kitten you, WvW players’” inactive?

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Sounds like a simple tooltip issue, don’t know what needs to be “re-evaluated” or why even removed. I personally believe you guys just caved to the pressure from the PvE crowd because they felt it was “unfair” they had to step outside their style of gameplay for a whole week or 2 and actually work for their Gift of Battle, which lets been honest has been a free handout for almost a year now.

Think its time to remove and re-evaluate the PvE portion of earning a Legendary to make it fair for the everyday WvW player.

in WvW

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

You shouldnt cry about it, because there is NO sPvP requirement at ALL.
So all that crying ohh, PvE ppl dont want to change their playstyle, and getting a Legendary would require having played any aspect of the game is a made up discussion.

And as long as Legendaries are tradeable this is an utterly useless discussion anyway.

#ELEtism

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I would prefer to see legendaries broken into mode specific variations. No, not to tick anyone off, but because there simply are people that only play a single mode, and that is their right.

PvPers don’t even have access to legendaries in their chosen mode unless they leave it to play WvW and PvE, and they really shouldn’t have to.

WvWers that don’t enjoy the pve aspect of the game should not have to pve to get their ledendary. It should be completely obtainable via their chosen mode.

The same goes for pve players. Some, for any number of reasons, choose not to play wvw or pvp and should not have to.

Now, I understand that it is desirable to encourage cross mode play. Legendaries could still be used for this, by means of allowing cross mode players to obtain the mode specific legendary and then combine them to make something more visually ‘stunning’, similar to how sunrise and twilight are combined to create eternity. Perhaps the combination of any 2 modes would give one look, and the combination of all 3 would give another, while each individual mode should have its own distinct look as well. This would still encourage the cross mode play (since that’s the only way you could get the other look), but does not lock people away from the ‘top’ long term goal simply because they do not necessarily enjoy the other game modes. We all bought the game for different reasons.

Perhaps such a change can not be made to the current legendaries, without causing an uproar, but maybe it could be considered for future ones.

For these people, we have ascended weapons. If you want a shiny legendary, you need to suck it up and work for it.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

There was at some point a rank requirement? Kitten, I’m glad I didn’t know about that earlier because I would have been kitten kittened. I do not WvW. I do not want to WvW. I do not want to be told I have to WvW. So now it seems like I’ll have to buy up all the Gift of Battles I’ll ever need while this “moratorium on ‘kitten you, PVEers’” is still active.

I hate map completion in pve. I hate doing the karma heart events. I do not want to do karma heart events and explore every inch of a pve map while my friends are having fun battling in wvw. Where is my free pass?

in WvW

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

VOLKON.1290:

@VOLKON, I don’t care what anyone says, that is down right funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

It’s really funny seeing WvW players gloating over the thought that these lame PvE’ers now have to do some WvW. Pathetic.

If you’re going to argue, that legendaries should require mastery of every major aspect of the game, then you should not only demand a WvW requirement, but also a sPvP requierement. Everything else would be hypocrisy.

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

It’s really funny seeing WvW players gloating over the thought that these lame PvE’ers now have to do some WvW. Pathetic.

If you’re going to argue, that legendaries should require mastery of every major aspect of the game, then you should not only demand a WvW requirement, but also a sPvP requierement. Everything else would be hypocrisy.

I really have no problem with people needing to do sPvP to get a legendary but they also need to make it so that someone that only sPvP can equip that legendary.

Rank 1000 should be needed in WvW. 30 is too easy and will only cost 60 laurels. Just too cheap. Needs to be much much more. Something to put WvW portion on par with the pve portion. Too easy to get the WvW portion done and not have to do anything. PvE people that don’t want to do WvW will just buy the 30 and still not have to do any WvW. The rank needs to be much higher so that people actually have to WvW or the laurel cost is very very expensive and take much longer to buy a free pass.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Feothyr.6072

I see a big problem a couple of other people have already mentioned but most have ignored. There are big differences between the mechanics behind PvE and WvW (duuh …), so these two can’t be compared as easily as it is done here. Simply saying that Rank X should be required, just because you assume it’s just as annoying for PvE’ers, as getting map completion was/is for you, is not a good idea.

Forcing people to do WvW will lead to longer queues, as there is a set number of players that can be on each map at the same time. This will probably spoil the fun for WvW’ers, as more and more PvE’ers move into WvW, a game mode they don’t really enjoy, therefore participating only half-heartedly.

You’re simply shooting yourself in the foot by demanding such a high threshold.

in WvW

thaooo.5320

I see a big problem a couple of other people have already mentioned but most have ignored. There are big differences between the mechanics behind PvE and WvW (duuh …), so these two can’t be compared as easily as it is done here. Simply saying that Rank X should be required, just because you assume it’s just as annoying for PvE’ers, as getting map completion was/is for you, is not a good idea.

Forcing people to do WvW will lead to longer queues, as there is a set number of players that can be on each map at the same time. This will probably spoil the fun for WvW’ers, as more and more PvE’ers move into WvW, a game mode they don’t really enjoy, therefore participating only half-heartedly.

You’re simply shooting yourself in the foot by demanding such a high threshold.

Most people who give wvw a proper go end up being a regular participant (not hardcore, but regular).

They join a WvW guild, they use the server comms, and they actually enjoy it when they learn how to play in the game mode effectively (ie, not full zerker/zerker traits/0 defensive utilities walking around as thief bait).

But most pve players refuse to give wvw a proper go, and base their dislike of it off of unsubstantiated bias and generalizations. Their misconceptions are a big ball of fluff, they’ve never tried to play the game mode in any sort of semi-proper way, or bother to learn the basics.

Those PVE players wouldn’t do CoF path 1 with 5 people in tank gear/builds, they’d gear up for the occasion (read, full zerk) and stack on the boss. Same thing goes for WvW, gear up for occasion, learn the basics, and you’ll have a good time.

Without a little push, those people will never experience it or form a proper opinion on the format.

As for ‘queues’ you need to remember not everyone is a BG/JQ stacker.

ALL IS VAIN.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Badge of Jumping is a pretty common joke.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in WvW

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Ugh, it was fine the way it was!

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in WvW

Feothyr.6072

learn the basics, and you’ll have a good time.

You could just turn that around and argue that WvWers just have to learn the basics for dungeons or whatnot and then they’ll have a good time … they just need a little push and meet the right people.

Of course there are probably a lot of people out there who never really gave WvW a try. Yet, they might have their reasons for not trying it. I don’t see why it’s so hard for some people to understand that some people simply don’t like any form of PvP whatsoever (and seeing how much griefing potential there is for little kiddies, I don’t blame them). It’s just not their thing.
The last time I played, WvW was just a lot of mindless zerging and useless running around. Commander orders people to run from point A to point B, everybody runs, we get overrun by enemy zerg, respawn, run again, die, etc etc. We spent more time running then actually doing something useful like capturing something. Might’ve been due to a bad commander, but still …
(Disclaimer: I do not >not< like WvW. I play it once in a while and EOTM has really been a blast for me.)

I don’t know whether some of those mighty WvW/PvP people have ever taken a step back and started reflecting on themselves and their behaviour, because I get the feeling the jerk density is pretty high amongst PvP players. Too much testosterone and lack of self-confidence I’d assume. Don’t want to generalize – simply saying that the odds of having to deal with one of these people is a lot higher than in other parts of the game …
So this might be an additional deterrent for a lot of people.

Anyways, I don’t think that anyone would win anything, if PvE’ers were forced even more into WvW.

Personally I don’t care at all, whether there are new requirements or not. I got my gift of battle long time ago and in 1 year I’ll probably still be working on that kitten Juggernaut … ><

(edited by Feothyr.6072)

in WvW

thaooo.5320

You could just turn that around and argue that WvWers just have to learn the basics for dungeons or whatnot and then they’ll have a good time … they just need a little push and meet the right people.

The last time I played, WvW was just a lot of mindless zerging and useless running around. Commander orders people to run from point A to point B, everybody runs, we get overrun by enemy zerg, respawn, run again, die, etc etc. We spent more time running then actually doing something useful like capturing something. Might’ve been due to a bad commander, but still …

I don’t know whether some of those mighty WvW/PvP people have ever taken a step back and started reflecting on themselves and their behaviour, because I get the feeling the jerk density is pretty high amongst PvP players.

Anyways, I don’t think that anyone would win anything, if PvE’ers were forced even more into WvW.

The difference being that WvW players don’t come and whine on the forums for it to be made easier/removed from legendary requirements for no reason. The only time this is mentioned is after a pve player whines about the minimal wvw required for legendaries. WvW players simply adapt to the mode and get it done.

When a commander is driving a group made up entirely of militia (people not in teamspeak, so no coordination in fights) that’s generally what happens, point A to point B, and get wiped by a larger group or guild groups.

As someone who has played an extensive amount of all 3 GW2 game modes, PvE and sPvP are far worse in terms of jerks and abused/hatred.

A large % of PvE players spew forth words like STD covered knives if someone dares to kill a champion if the train isn’t there yet, if someone isn’t aware of the paths/skips in a dungeon, if someone isn’t using specific weapon sets, not using the ‘right’ consumables. Not to mention the amount of abuse in map chat at teq/wurm/marionette and Lions Arch. It is atrocious.

SPvP gets ragers and people who think they’re super elite and abuse the strangers on their team for no reason, but that’s the same with all competitive environments anywhere, you’ll always come across those people.

WvW being a competitive area can also suffer from the same types as SPvP. Personally on my server, I’ve found it to be very few and far between, our server is very welcoming of new players, and is willing to teach the basics if someone wants to learn, no server can do well without their casual players. A server that pushes their casual or pve players away will never do well, and also makes things exponentially harder for themselves.

ALL IS VAIN.

in WvW

Feothyr.6072

The difference being that WvW players don’t come and whine on the forums for it to be made easier/removed from legendary requirements for no reason.

Maybe due to the fact that PvE isn’t so bad after all and it’s easier for WvWers to do some PvE than vice versa? If you’re used to fighting human intelligence it’s fairly easy to adapt to AI than the other way around.
Not to forget to mention that the PvE playerbase is very likely much larger compared to the WvW base, so naturally there’s going to be much more (recognizable) whine from PvE’ers.

I know I’m not going to make a lot of new friends with this, but if we’re honest: Guild Wars 2 without PvE? Doubt that’ll work. Guild Wars 2 without WvW? Wouldn’t be as awesome, but pretty sure it would still work. PvE is just much bigger and more important for the game – and I’m not saying this as a PvE’er.

I just think that if ArenaNet is justifying their decision for a WvW requierement by saying that WvW is a large part of the game and Legendarys should require some sort of mastery of all game types, they should add an sPvP requierement as well. Just to follow through with their line of argument.

I understand why they’re strictly separating PvE and PvP, but at the end of the day, WvW is just PvP in a different wrapping.

As someone who has played an extensive amount of all 3 GW2 game modes, PvE and sPvP are far worse in terms of jerks and abused/hatred.

As I said: didn’t want to generalize or offend anyone. Just my subjective experience.

(edited by Feothyr.6072)

in WvW

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Oh yeah, because you can use Laurels to WvW rank up? (Because THATS battle, right?)

Because WvW Zerging is Battle? (How is it any different than any zerg? Run, Zerg, Cap, Repeat)

I’d love to know how following in a WvW zerg is some epic test of battle? IMO Its more challenging when you are mapping solo and solo some of the Champs on the map… or run into larger Mobs. But… no no… of course, thats NOT battle. Its all about the Zerg.

I personally detest WvW and really hate anything with PvP or player vs player. But don’t tell me a Gift of Battle is proof of skill, while anything PvE is not. I earned my first 500 badges for my first Legendary in WvW – I did NOT hit Rank 30 doing it, and ALL it was was mindless zerging – at least to me thats what it felt like. Follow group. Shoot things. Collect Badges. Repeat.

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

Just saying, as someone who doesn’t wear full zerker gear, or do speed run stuff, I’ve been kicked from fractal and PvE dungeon groups plenty of times with people calling me a noob because I didn’t know the short cuts for speed runs, or went in as a condi mesmer instead of buying zerker gear. It goes both ways. The only difference is when WvW people “grief” (mostly just kill or camp a JP in a PvP area) the forums become ablaze with how horrible we WvW people are

Oh, I totally see your point. I see TONS of people in the dungeon forums saying “I can’t wait to kick some WvWer for not having zerker gear from my dungeon party. Gonna be so much fun! And then, and then, I’m going to call him a noob! BURN!” Meanwhile, I read a post on the forums about a WvWer that knocked a pveer off the last part for obisidian sanctum, jumped down, and started eating zaftaffy simply so they could vomit on the corpse. There’s a bit of a difference here, isn’t there?

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

I don’t have any legendaries.
I am not working towards any legendaries.
I can live with the fact that a legendary requires some degree of mastery of all aspects of the game (I don’t like it, but I accept it in terms of these being endgame items)

Did they with this patch? Why would they do something as dumb as that. Did you see the rage about tier 3 Flame kissed? Multiply that by about a million and you get some idea of how people will treat not being about to use their legendaries till they’re rank 30 in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Oh, I totally see your point. I see TONS of people in the dungeon forums saying “I can’t wait to kick some WvWer for not having zerker gear from my dungeon party. Gonna be so much fun! And then, and then, I’m going to call him a noob! BURN!” Meanwhile, I read a post on the forums about a WvWer that knocked a pveer off the last part for obisidian sanctum, jumped down, and started eating zaftaffy simply so they could vomit on the corpse. There’s a bit of a difference here, isn’t there?

It’s because PvEers consistently and constantly whine about the WvW requirements whenever they are actually required to set foot in WvW (before badges were given out in achieve chests and after this rank 30 change, EB JP during the LS, EoTM).

That whining is the direct cause of the negative reaction in the WvW community.

On the other hand, you never hear WvW players whining about PvE requirements for the Legendaries — they only even mention it as counters to PvE whining about WvW.

(btw, vomiting on corpses sounds awesome — I gotta try it!)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

So once again PVE players get their way, and you insult our intelligence with your reason to remove the rank requirement. GG

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Becka Williams.4978

It’s because PvEers consistently and constantly whine about the WvW requirements whenever they are actually required to set foot in WvW (before badges were given out in achieve chests and after this rank 30 change, EB JP during the LS, EoTM).

On the other hand, you never hear WvW players whining about PvE requirements for the Legendaries — they only even mention it as counters to PvE whining about WvW.

And yet, you somehow think that pveers are the ones who are wrong. Plus, I hear WvWers whine ALL THE TIME about how they can’t get stuff just by doing WvW. At least in pve, you don’t have people saying stuff like “Vomiting on corpses sounds awesome! I gotta try it!”

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And yet, you somehow think that pveers are the ones who are wrong. Plus, I hear WvWers whine ALL THE TIME about how they can’t get stuff just by doing WvW. At least in pve, you don’t have people saying stuff like “Vomiting on corpses sounds awesome! I gotta try it!”

I see a lot more people complain about WvW requirements for the legendary than I do about WvW’ers complaining about the PvE requirements.

And when I do hear the complaints from the WvW’ers, it’s typically in the threads titled: Please remove WvW from map completion. Or other such threads that are done by the PvE’ers.

And I’m a PvE’er. One that isn’t too fond of WvW. PvP just isn’t my favorite thing to do.

in WvW

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Only thing I get from this is stack servers and karma train. GG.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

So are you also retroactively removing legendary weapons and gifts of battle from players that already have them but don’t meet the rank requirement?

why do they still cost badges of honor, in line with the spvp changes why not just sell them for gold and sell rank boosters as well so you can monetize all areas of the game equally through pay to win?

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Of ALL the kittening problems with wvw, this is the change we get? Lol