Gift of Heroes too expensive?

in WvW

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Why is it for 200 tokens? Mistforged weapon is for 300 so you still have to spend 200 + 100 + gold to craft it in MF. o.O

in WvW

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Yes, I’m also wondering what is the point of gift of heroes getting priced for 200 tickets…

in WvW

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

So you can get the Hero version and in the future when you get more tickets you can upgrade it.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

IF people only have 100 to 250 tickets, they can buy the hero weapon and use it until they get more tickets to upgrade it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Mamo.3876

Mamo.3876

It was said in the beginning that you can the gift of heroes with badges of honor—was that changed?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

It was said in the beginning that you can the gift of heroes with badges of honor—was that changed?

It was tickets AND badges of honor… Not badges of honor only…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: savchris.9246

savchris.9246

So you can get the Hero version and in the future when you get more tickets you can upgrade it.

How can you get more tickets in the future? Or by future you mean WvW Season 3?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

How can you get more tickets in the future? Or by future you mean WvW Season 3?

Yes, he mean season 3… Anet said they wanted to keep the ticket system for the next season.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

But it is still 300 anyways…
and on the top of that – everyone that earned a chest may get at least one Mistforged version (200 + 100 extra tickets) with winners able to get two.
So, excluding the winners no player can have 2 mistforged versions no matter what.
I understand the idea of getting hero version, but who is going to get Gift of Heroes? I can’t think of any scenario to be honest….

in WvW

Mamo.3876

It was tickets AND badges of honor… Not badges of honor only…

It’s for sale only for tickets at the moment—so I fail to see where badges come in?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It’s for sale only for tickets at the moment—so I fail to see where badges come in?

What part of “was” you didn’t understand? Past tense dude… It was, now it isn’t.

in WvW

Mamo.3876

What part of “was” you didn’t understand? Past tense dude… It was, now it isn’t.

You know you don’t have to be rude to answer the question. I saw no dev clarification about the cost of the gift of heroes ever changing in the patch notes. Clearly there was a change from this post (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/) , so I was wondering if there was official word on it.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You know you don’t have to be rude to answer the question. I saw no dev clarification about the cost of the gift of heroes ever changing in the patch notes. Clearly there was a change from this post (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/) , so I was wondering if there was official word on it.

Well, If I remember right, they said it on the Ready Up that talked about the seasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

in WvW

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

think u need to look at that again . Clearly has 200 under tickets and then 250 under badges which means 200 tickets + 250 badges not 200 tickets OR 250 badges

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

would make sense for everyone to craft

so the unlock both skins!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

would make sense for everyone to craft

so the unlock both skins!

they do when you buy the better one.

in WvW

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

The whole reason I bought the plain Hero’s weapons was because I was under the impression that it would take 250 badges to get a Gift of Heroes. But under the current system, players are punished for trying to craft the Mistforged Hero’s weapons because no matter what, you still need 300 total tickets, AND an additional one gold, AND crystalline dust. Its like if you went to a restaurant and got told the following:

“I’ll have a medium order of fries for $2.00.”
“Are you sure you don’t want a large for $3.00?”
“How about I upgrade from a medium to a large?”
“Sure, that’ll be $1.50 extra, bringing your total to $3.50.”
“But I thought a large was $3.00!”
“Not if you upgrade.”

So what’s the point of letting us upgrade if all we’re doing is paying more for the same thing? Shouldn’t the Gift of Heroes be more easily accessible so people actually have an incentive to get Mistforged weapons? Isn’t the point of having a Gift of Heroes to let lower-tier servers get a better reward after putting in a little effort of their own?

(edited by Equinox.4968)

in WvW

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Let me try to clarify this as I understand the intention:

Tickets and Gift of Heroes will be recurring items in coming WvW Tournaments.

So lets say hypothetically I have 375 tickets. I can buy one Mistforged weapon…or three Hero weapons…and have 75 tickets left over.

Those tickets left over I can save for the next tournament and put toward purchasing rewards for that tournament…or if I bought the three Hero weapons…put them toward buying a Gift of Heroes and making one of my Hero weapons this season into a Mistforged.

Take note that this would require keeping the Hero weapon until such time as I decide to upgrade it during a coming season…as the process is a mystic forge recipe and requires the Hero weapon along with the Gift of Heroes and Crystalline Dust/Elonian Wine.

EDIT: I got un-lazy and found a source.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Get_Ready_for_WvW_Spring_Tournament_2014

Scroll down to the Rewards section;

“The number of WvW Tournament tickets you receive depends on your world’s final standing in the tournament. You’ll be able to trade those tickets in for different rewards. These tickets will be available in subsequent tournaments, as will the rewards they purchase. "

If you want peace, prepare for war.

(edited by Tayledras.1604)