Gigantic queues

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

100+ queue to enter any border (160+ on ebg). Is this a new reality we should get used to?

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

This will last until the hype dies down. Looks like I will be afk in LA until queue pops.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Deal with it for 2-4 weeks once people get their back pieces (they’re certainly not going for T3 copy pasta armor with dim LED glow strips).

I feel sorry for the linked worlds.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Gigantic queues

in WvW

vove.2768

It sounds like you want to tell me, that the changes to wvw have been introduced to discourage regular wvw players from playing that game mode.

Also your estimations are pure guess. After 2-4 weeks the queues can still be 100+. What then? (Please don’t answer, it’s a rhetorical question)

I was hoping to spark a discussion about changes that could be introduced to somewhat improve the queue waiting. For example priority queue for rank (higher rank, faster queue) or at least priority for commanders. Ability to switch between characters while inside wvw and temp wvw bans for afking.

Worst case scenario Obsidian Sanctum could be made into something more entertaining.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Day one novelty. It’ll reduce once that wears off. Prime time might be interesting for a week or two.

SBI

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

eb is not queued we had a small queue tho atm we are being ktrained….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

vove.2768

Day one novelty. It’ll reduce once that wears off. Prime time might be interesting for a week or two.

Many said that and I really do hope you are right guys, unfortunately hope is the mother of fools

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Anet obviously needs to open up 9 new servers to deal with the population explosion, too bad y’all said no to having more worlds! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-Worlds/first

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Anet obviously needs to open up 9 new servers to deal with the population explosion, too bad y’all said no to having more worlds! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-Worlds/first

It made sense back then…but really all they have to do now is unlink servers…they still have them technically separated.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

vove.2768

It made sense back then…but really all they have to do now is unlink servers…they still have them technically separated.

Actually this is a simple solution I haven’t thought of.

Go go anet, unlink the servers. If pop drops again link them again, problem solved, (almost) everyone is happy.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

come to hod, only two map queues while our opponents had 3 after the patch

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I spent a couple hours last night updating three other mmorpgs that I hadn’t played in awhile in preparation for the upcoming inevitable huge queues that I figured might exist after the patch today in GW2.

Glad I did…looks like I will be spending the next 2-3 weeks or so in those mmorpgs while I wait for all the hype to die down in GW2 post patch.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

yesss time to get underworld back from slavery

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Well, it could be smart to revisit that now. Though things could even out in a week or two. I’d be happy to see WvW more popular than it has been, especially on the servers with the lower populations, just not with 150 queues all the time. I doubt that’ll last though. If they do open up new servers, my suggestion to them would be to start with just one or maybe two to get them populated and go from there.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Quite disappointed that I didn’t get to play my favourite game mode this evening. I hear the grindy stuff can take some time to get access to so I guess I’ll get back into WvW when the influx of new people have their legendary backpieces plus ascended access and leave.

Personally don’t care about rewards. Just wanted a nice bit of siege warfare before bed

Gandara

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: sadking.9625

sadking.9625

Deal with it for 2-4 weeks once people get their back pieces (they’re certainly not going for T3 copy pasta armor with dim LED glow strips).

Yeah, they negate my small guild’s work with HoT, kill my little server’s community then make us put up with queues. If we wanted a kittening big server, we’d have transferred to one. The lack of queues was one huge bonus to being in a lower-tier world. It was annoying in the past, but now this is kittening ridiculous.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Yeah, they negate my small guild’s work with HoT, kill my little server’s community then make us put up with queues. If we wanted a kittening big server, we’d have transferred to one. The lack of queues was one huge bonus to being in a lower-tier world. It was annoying in the past, but now this is kittening ridiculous.

Same here, being on GoM, but…the alternative was not good, either. Right before the linkings, I had many nights where I was the only one guarding SMC…there might have been 4-5 others from my server in EBG, but that was it, and there were even less on the DBL maps. A 5-man group was our definition of a zerg…it was TOO quiet. A middle of the road approach to server sizes would be welcome.

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: yolo.6201

yolo.6201

+100 FSP

Attachments:

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Quite disappointed that I didn’t get to play my favourite game mode this evening. I hear the grindy stuff can take some time to get access to so I guess I’ll get back into WvW when the influx of new people have their legendary backpieces plus ascended access and leave.

Personally don’t care about rewards. Just wanted a nice bit of siege warfare before bed

Ah just wait it out, the vampires will be gone soon hopefully after they’ve sucked our game mode dry and got what they came for lol

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Be happy, there is plenty of commanders to choose from and lot of enemies to fight.

Primetime will be pain but times outside primetime should be fun for a while with enemies.

It will settle down eventually, same hype was when desert bl came out and was gone quite fast.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

You think that’s bad, the Chinese had a queue on EB of 850+…………….MIND………….BLOWN.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

You think that’s bad, the Chinese had a queue on EB of 850+…………….MIND………….BLOWN.

Haha yes I almost bought china account when I saw some videos of them in WvW, but decided not to because its more grindy and in Chinese. It looked quite awesome environment.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Gigantic queues

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

oh no WvW is functioning as intended

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser