Give Bonuses to Gold/Silver League Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

First off, yes, this is an entirely selfish post, as I’m on Dragonbrand, and while we’re in Gold league, we’re one of the bottom fish, fighting with Mag over next to last place. However, while we’re apparently able to beat Silver and Bronze league players, we’re going to get less WvW benefits (the Artisan/Gathering boosts, for example) and due to the WvW Spring Tournament, we likely will be getting few points. I’m mainly posting this thread asking that those in the higher leagues gain a bit of bonus points both from Power of the Mists as well as gaining some higher points from the final rewards from the Spring Tournament. Ideally, I’d suggest that all Silver league servers start off at Tier 2 or 3 for their Power of the Mists bonuses (AKA +4 or +6 to Artisan, +2 or +3 to Energetic, etc) and Gold league servers start at Tier 4 or 5 for their bonuses. The points to go up to the next tier would still start at 927 to get your first Artisan upgrade, you basically just gain the tiers as a free bonus to reward you and your world for being in a higher league.

Like I said, this is probably a pretty selfish post, but I do feel it would give more advantage to being in a higher tier server instead of the dread that happens when you’re just barely at the top of silver and then jump up to gold and are suddenly getting stomped.

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yes, let’s push people into the top servers even more. This is exactly what is needed. /sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Yes, let’s push people into the top servers even more. This is exactly what is needed. /sarcasm

what this guy said lol

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d rather they just not have the rewards scale with ranking. I’m with ya on it being a bit ridiculous. I mean no offense but there seems to be an obvious gap between the top 3 and bottom 3 in the gold league, seems unfair. Seems like those 3 servers just kinda got shafted by being put up in gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You’re getting better prizes than the servers stuck at the bottom of silver/bronze league, because even if you finish last, you’re 6th… If my server finish last, I’ll end up with 9th place rewards… So, you have a fair advantage over the servers being roflstomped down on the other two leagues.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Anet should give handicaps to higher tier servers like in golf.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Yeah, you’re so much better than the rest of us at having more people. It’s not good enough for you that you’re secure at sixth, whereas the rest of the servers not in gold could hit 9th easily and get almost nothing… It’s not like you’ve destroyed our servers enough already (VoC from Dh went to DB, one of our main guilds), you deserve rewards for doing it too!

And that’s just discussing how unfair it is to give your server better rewards… wanna get into discussing how it’d further destroy our already lower population servers? You’re right. This is a selfish post.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

There should have been better rewards for gold league toward silver league and so silver toward bronze.
In Europe I’m in gold league but in the bottom classement … so we’re 9th and the 10th, first of the silver league will a have a real better reward …

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I agree the server should get tickets according to their final rank:
gold 1) 2’000’000
gold 2) 1’950’000

gold 6) 1’800’000
silver 1) 1’750’000

silver 9) 1’350’000
bronze 1) 1’300’000

bronze 9) 900’000
Then distribute the tickets a server earned equally among all people that finished the league2 achievement on that server, e.g. if 10’000 people on blackgate finished the achievement and they ended 1. That’s 200 tickets per person.
If EB ended 24. and they had 1000 people finishing their achievement they get 900 each.

For that of course it would be better if all server would play in one large swiss-league. Then you could even distribute tickeckts to servers based on the points the earned in the 9 rounds (between 45 and 9), e.g. 50’000 tickets per point earned.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The very last thing we need is more stacking into the upper tiers. But I guess it’s ok as long as the OP gets his gathering bonus, right?

In short, worst post ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

gold 1) 2’000’000
gold 2) 1’950’000

gold 6) 1’800’000
silver 1) 1’750’000

silver 9) 1’350’000
bronze 1) 1’300’000

bronze 9) 900’000
Then distribute the tickets a server earned equally among all people that finished the league2 achievement on that server, e.g. if 10’000 people on blackgate finished the achievement and they ended 1. That’s 200 tickets per person.
If EB ended 24. and they had 1000 people finishing their achievement they get 900 each.

For that of course it would be better if all server would play in one large swiss-league. Then you could even distribute tickeckts to servers based on the points the earned in the 9 rounds (between 45 and 9), e.g. 50’000 tickets per point earned.

best idea i saw so far on this forums – this would balance out everything

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

+1 to Dayra’s post.

Yes, I believe this along with free transfers to any server ranked lower then your current one would fix the “stacking” issue that continues to haunt WvW.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in WvW

Posted by: NinjaRobot.4635

NinjaRobot.4635

-1 alot of times op. You going to get 6th place if u loose every week. Anyone who gets less than 5th cannot get a mystforged weapon until the next tournament. (anet logic at its finest) Focus on beating mag instead of complaining here. All the other leagues need to beat many more servers to get enough tickets for a weapon.

The fact that anet even considers wvw a tournament is hilarious. I would like to see what it looks like when anet employees play a soccer game. I can see it now. Imagine 50 people on 1 team and a mop in a bucket on the other. They would kick the ball into the net a few times, snap the mop in half, and bite some holes in the bucket. After 90 min gg, well fought Mr. mop. Us winners are going to have some cotton cotton candy. Here’s a cough candy, we will do this again next week.

in WvW

Posted by: UndeadCorp.2198

UndeadCorp.2198

What’s that Dragonbrand? You want to stack gold even more? Well praise the lord, my hamster running his wheel generates more energy than the currents in that noggin you call a brain ((????)

in WvW

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

woa wonderful idea

gold 1) 2’000’000
gold 2) 1’950’000

gold 6) 1’800’000
silver 1) 1’750’000

silver 9) 1’350’000
bronze 1) 1’300’000

bronze 9) 900’000

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Does a player that puts in 30+ hours per week in Bronze deserve less rewards than a player that puts in 10 hours in Gold? IMO rewards should be based on participation rather than “wins” in a league. The top tier rewards should also be very difficult to earn. I had my Season 2 chest unlocked within 48 hours of the season start. Sort of like monthlies that take all of one solid play session to complete.

Except DB and Mag have a very good chance of getting rolled by HoD. HoD has 24×7 coverage which likely puts it above a couple of the gold servers. On a good day there are queues on all maps albeit short ones. I am not saying it is guaranteed wins but HoD certainly has a shot of finishing above one or more servers in Gold.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Dayra.7405

That’s why I said at the end better put all server into a single Swiss tournament if you do it that way

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I agree, higher rank should receive higher reward for being better in the context of the system at play.

Disagreeing is tantamount to wanting equal reward for showing up, and is wrong.

I would receive #6 rewards.

I disagree that the league brackets can’t be effective on this. Being better up to the time the league season starts is what qualifies a team for that superior opportunity. This would actually disincentivize late stacking of a weaker server, a’la Henge of Denravi this time around.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

kitten all elitists. tyvm.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

kitten all elitists. tyvm.

Wants equal reward for showing up, and that is wrong.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Does a player that puts in 30+ hours per week in Bronze deserve less rewards than a player that puts in 10 hours in Gold? IMO rewards should be based on participation rather than “wins” in a league. The top tier rewards should also be very difficult to earn. I had my Season 2 chest unlocked within 48 hours of the season start. Sort of like monthlies that take all of one solid play session to complete.

Except DB and Mag have a very good chance of getting rolled by HoD. HoD has 24×7 coverage which likely puts it above a couple of the gold servers. On a good day there are queues on all maps albeit short ones. I am not saying it is guaranteed wins but HoD certainly has a shot of finishing above one or more servers in Gold.

HoD is minimum 5th now.
They would beat Mag and DB with their coverage… maybe even SoS.
HoD could be as high as 4th now.
Hitting the top 3 is a different beast entirely

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

Rewards should have always been effort based as opposed to whether or not you were willing to move to a high placed server. As well, the tournament style should have been full Swiss…sure it would mean week 2 would have been a clusterkitten of bad matchups, but it would also have put HoD and SoR into equilibrium faster.

Does it suck that you happen to be on the only server in the top 11 ppt servers in this game to not get a mistforge weapon? But you have to remember, we in DB had the opportunity to throw ourselves into silver if we really wanted, and us core wvw’ers decided to grind ppt hard to get better and more consistent fights in gold league.

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Does it suck that you happen to be on the only server in the top 11 ppt servers in this game to not get a mistforge weapon? But you have to remember, we in DB had the opportunity to throw ourselves into silver if we really wanted, and us core wvw’ers decided to grind ppt hard to get better and more consistent fights in gold league.

Neither SoS/Mag/FA wanted you on Gold, and still you made to it. Don’t come regreting your choice because FA will get a shiny mistforge weapon and you will not. You knew from the start the consequences of your decision of making it to Gold…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

DB didn’t tank a few weeks like some of the servers (FA, HOD).. so they will get punished for this.. ANET logic at its finest

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

First off, yes, this is an entirely selfish post, as I’m on Dragonbrand, and while we’re in Gold league, we’re one of the bottom fish, fighting with Mag over next to last place. However, while we’re apparently able to beat Silver and Bronze league players, we’re going to get less WvW benefits (the Artisan/Gathering boosts, for example) and due to the WvW Spring Tournament, we likely will be getting few points. I’m mainly posting this thread asking that those in the higher leagues gain a bit of bonus points both from Power of the Mists as well as gaining some higher points from the final rewards from the Spring Tournament. Ideally, I’d suggest that all Silver league servers start off at Tier 2 or 3 for their Power of the Mists bonuses (AKA +4 or +6 to Artisan, +2 or +3 to Energetic, etc) and Gold league servers start at Tier 4 or 5 for their bonuses. The points to go up to the next tier would still start at 927 to get your first Artisan upgrade, you basically just gain the tiers as a free bonus to reward you and your world for being in a higher league.

Like I said, this is probably a pretty selfish post, but I do feel it would give more advantage to being in a higher tier server instead of the dread that happens when you’re just barely at the top of silver and then jump up to gold and are suddenly getting stomped.

Please, HoD would spank you. Enough said. I have faced both of your server while you were moving to gold, and I have faced HoD. You don’t have the numbers to compete with them. Welcome back to t3, when the season is over. I look forward to you spanking us every week thereafter.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

DB didn’t tank a few weeks like some of the servers (FA, HOD).. so they will get punished for this.. ANET logic at its finest

HoD tanked? They didn’t get all their transfers til the week before the season started. They didn’t tank at all.

FA didn’t tank, they didn’t want silver at all, and were forced into it because DB was gaining massive amounts of points off of SoR. They gained some off of SBI, but even SBI gained points off of SoR (while we were getting destroyed by DB). FA had an exodus right before the season started because a lot of their big guilds did not want to be in silver.

I am in silver, I will finish 3rd or 4th (most likely), and I DO NOT AGREE with the ops post AT ALL. Win or go home. DB can’t really compete in gold, and it was their fault they ended up there. They could’ve tanked in order to stay in silver, but, they actually did the right thing and kept fighting hard. They made it to gold league, and put up a good fight that first week in T2 (right before the start of the season). I commend them for that.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

My proposal was thus:

(1) eliminate leagues, everybody in Swiss style matchups
(2) top six servers, gold. Next 9 silver, next 9 bronze

With no incentive to specifically finish #1 instead of just top 6, the system discourages server stacking, meanwhile matches are more meaningful because a bad loss could knock a borderline server out of contention entirely.

Yeah, there wil be one week of blowouts where Blackgate blows out whoever, but Swiss style matchups remove this after week one.

A bonus is that transfer stacked servers aren’t just stuck in a league but can rise to their full potential.

Finally, three tiers of rewards is a lot more fair to players who completed a very grindy meta on losing servers than the current screwjob system.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

With no incentive to specifically finish #1 instead of just top 6, the system discourages server stacking, meanwhile matches are more meaningful because a bad loss could knock a borderline server out of contention entirely.

Wouldn’t work… People would just stack on the top 6, while the rest would rot… All you did was give more options for people to stack.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

As said above against stacking helps:
1) reward the server according position
2) distribute the server reward equally among all that contributed on this server position

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

My proposal was thus:

(1) eliminate leagues, everybody in Swiss style matchups
(2) top six servers, gold. Next 9 silver, next 9 bronze

Yeah, there wil be one week of blowouts where Blackgate blows out whoever, but Swiss style matchups remove this after week one.

A bonus is that transfer stacked servers aren’t just stuck in a league but can rise to their full potential.

Finally, three tiers of rewards is a lot more fair to players who completed a very grindy meta on losing servers than the current screwjob system.

I like the idea. People could’ve stacked the top this time also, but for a hefty price. The only 3 servers in the top that got a lot of transfers before the season was TC.

Would be a very efficient way to readjust the glicko ratings as well.

Problem I see is that anet has left the door open for people to transfer in the middle of the season and still get credit for their new server, which would allow for the top to get stacked during the season, throwing everything completely out of balance. I guess in your system, it wouldn’t be so bad, but in the current, it is very detrimental.

I wonder how many idiots, care about the reward so much, that they jump ship this week or next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

Dayra, yours is the best suggestion to season and season rewards I have read in a long long time.

Would you be so kind and post it in a new suggestion thread?
It should not be squeezed in here.

I am just afraid they would never do it, because then we would have some actual numbers how many people play WvW on any Server.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This system implies that “Gold” players are better than “Bronze” which simply isn’t true. There are more Gold players and they have better coverage. Rewarding population counts and coverage is just stupid.

Everyone that gets a WvW participation chest should get 300 tickets and access to a Mistforged weapon. If they want to award bonus tickets based on where a server places, that seems reasonable. However the current system causes players to miss out on rewards simply because of their current address…. that is again stupid.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Dayra, yours is the best suggestion to season and season rewards I have read in a long long time.

Would you be so kind and post it in a new suggestion thread?
It should not be squeezed in here.

I am just afraid they would never do it, because then we would have some actual numbers how many people play WvW on any Server.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-Season-Rewards-for-better-balance