Give Everyone the Same Downed Abilities or Remove Them

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvia.8395

Sylvia.8395

One of the two. I really don’t care. I’m tired of durability and just dying in general because someone has better downed abilities (Looking at you, Mesmers and Guardians)

in WvW

Posted by: Cursed.4329

Cursed.4329

Go level so you get the some abilitys and traits.

in WvW

Sylvia.8395

Downed abilities don’t have anything to do with levels, me getting a mesmer downed while still having 20% hp wont change the fact that they can summon attacking phantasms, spam confusion and create a clone of themselves all while downed and all I can strike back with is throwing knives

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its part of picking one class over another. Also keep in mind the guardian can only stop one stomp before he gets killed. Lighter classes often its just easier to autoattack them to death.

Also suggestions forum is that way…

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Bibi.6817

Bibi.6817

Learn to down the Mesmer not its clone, its easy once you know the difference!

[CIR] Bibi Waffles
80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think the downed bar needs some balancing as well. Personally I would love to see #2 and #3 to be player selected from a set of abilities, with everyone having access to the same abilities.

Also, need to have pets go into a downed state as well, or make it so that #1 + pet = other people’s #1.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The differences between downed skills and usefulness is staggering

guardian: skill 2 pushes everyone back. Prevents them from being finished off by any number of foes as soon as the guardian is downed.

warrior: skill 2 knocks down foes, prevents them from being finished off by a large number of foes as soon as the warrior is downed
skill 3: warrior gets back up and can live for a brief while. Although they will be instantly killed when it ends (unless they rally) this allows them to move to a safer location and hopefully be ressurected. It can be the difference between dying inside and outside of a tower or keep

Engineer gets the short end of the stick here
skill 2 pulls enemies TOWARDS you, making it easier for them to finish you off.
skill 3 knocks them backwards. But is on that obnoxious time limit before use. Even then it’s practically worthless. Engineers have to spend 8 seconds while downed, to get a skill that has the exact same usage that guardians get as soon as they are downed…

Thief
skill two: teleports, available immediately this lets them escape being finished off if they use it correct
skill 3: stealths them, allowing them to continue living for a while longer

elementalist also gets fairly shafted, though not as much as engineers
skill 2 immobilizes, but by the time you use it most people are already ontop of your corpse. It’s also a long channel, so god forbid you suddenly want to use a different skill
skill 3 mist form is great, invulnerability and movement, however it takes 8 seconds before you can use it, and you have no defense before you can. It also downs you after it ends, and rallies while you’re inside mist form only seem to work half the time (and no, its not trait based)

rangers:
skill 2 dazes foes, making them unable to finish you off, usable right away
skill 3 has a pet come revive you even if your pet was dead. Can be sort of buggy, but still very useful in application.

Mesmer
skill 2 makes a clone of you while downed. The clones distract quite well both in spvp and WvWvW. Usable right away

Necro
skill 2 fears enemies, allowing you to stop from being finished off by any number of people. useable right away.

Basically 2 classes, engineer and elementalist are completely defenseless for 8 seconds when they go down. Whereas every other class has some way to interrupt the finish him process. Now, admittedly elementalist has one of the better skill 3’s, but they’re defenseless for 8 seconds, so if you let them use it, then you’re crazy. Also they’ll just be downed again with less hp in about 3 seconds, so as long as they didnt escape into a tower they’re still probably dead. Engineers on the other hand are completely boned no matter what they do.

in WvW

Posted by: Sensational.4328

Sensational.4328

I’m so tired of being hit by meteor shower, give everyone meteor shower or remove it from the game. One of the two, I don’t really care.

http://venturesguild.com – Competitive Gaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Guys classes are differnt, more at 11.

Why cant my warrior use gernades when defending keeps again, soo unfaiiir.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

What about crowd control options? I play a thief, I can’t cc anywhere near as well as a guardian. Should we take guardians’ myriad cc options away? Should i get comparable cc options to what guardians have? Or do different classes have different strengths and weaknesses that define each class as essentially different. I’m not saying there isn’t a bit of balancing to be done (yes, engineers could use a little downed love), but i think downed state survivability is just another factoring in deciding the class that’s right for you. Most (all?) classes can even spec for more survivability when entering the downed state, or better rezing options.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

snip

While I agree with your basic point, your analysis show you don’t really know the abilities. Both Warrior and Necro ability is single target, meaning two people get guaranteed finish. The fact that the engineer has a pull doesn’t matter, because you need to be within melee range to finish anyway. The pull knocks the player down, interrupting the finishing move, thus serving exactly the same way as the warrior and necro 2 ability.

Tbh the only classes which are ahead are Mesmer and Thief and possibly Guardian, although Guardian is easily countered by stability. Elementalists are the ones with the worst abilities atm.

in WvW

Sylvia.8395

I’m so tired of being hit by meteor shower, give everyone meteor shower or remove it from the game. One of the two, I don’t really care.

Horrible analogy

in WvW

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

snip

While I agree with your basic point, your analysis show you don’t really know the abilities. Both Warrior and Necro ability is single target, meaning two people get guaranteed finish. The fact that the engineer has a pull doesn’t matter, because you need to be within melee range to finish anyway. The pull knocks the player down, interrupting the finishing move, thus serving exactly the same way as the warrior and necro 2 ability.

Tbh the only classes which are ahead are Mesmer and Thief and possibly Guardian, although Guardian is easily countered by stability. Elementalists are the ones with the worst abilities atm.

To be fair thieves are easily downed because even if they build for toughness and vitality they still don’t have a high health pool and their downed damage ability really doesn’t do any damage compared to others.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

@slyvia -50 dkp this thread is silly I am pretty sure no one wants the classes to be the same you should prolly focus on your skill lv try going into the mists with a mesmer friend and dueling them to you get the hang of it.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

warrior: skill 2 knocks down foes, prevents them from being finished off by a large number of foes as soon as the warrior is downed

Nah, it knocks down 1 foe. If 2 people start the kill on a Warrior, he can’t do anything to not die unless his 3 is already off cooldown (unlikely, since the CD is like 3x the cast time of a finisher).

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

Ah, sorry about my lack of knowledge regarding the warriors/necros/engineers guys. However, they’re still able to delay being finished by 1 player. More than ele’s can do when they first get downed ;__;

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Downed state should not be in PvP. Simple as that.

In PvE, downed is fine, but in PvP, it rewards the team that has the superior number, not superior skill or tactics / strategy. And of course, like the OP said, certain classes have much better downed abilities than other classes.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

@Click thats silly aswell think about all the kills you get from people trying to revive downed players under arrow cart fire and with player caps there is no superior numbers. im on the lowest pop server and i have a 30min to 2 hour que

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Mox.2861

Mox.2861

rangers:

skill 3 has a pet come revive you even if your pet was dead. Can be sort of buggy, but still very useful in application.

When I use skill 3 with my jaguar pet, he chews my face off doing up to 1k damage per tick till I die. Ungrateful kitten! <-that word is not actually kitten

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

its fine the way it is, every single class dies in downed state

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Zenyatoo.4059

its fine the way it is, every single class dies in downed state

7/8 classes can interrupt the finish him skill. which means 1v1 7/8 classes will always have access to their third and stronger downed skill.

This is kind of unfair.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i dance over death bodies all the time

I took an arrow to the knee