Give Scaled players 40 Trait points

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

When players are scaled in WvW, how about giving them 40 trait points, so scaled characters can have some better play style options.

This way the game is more fun for more people.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

When players are scaled in WvW, how about giving them 40 trait points, so scaled characters can have some better play style options.

This way the game is more fun for more people.

That would still barely close the gap, they should get scaled to pvt gear that is green at least. With the current set up getting low level rares is a waste since you outlevel them so quickly, it’s cheaper and easier to keep up to date with blues and some greens.
They are just such a liability right now in big fights, pretty much marks scaled players so you can kill them while your downed to rally =P
Running around wvw with 1600 armor is just stupid, my glass cannon thief has 2200 and hits 100x harder.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What would be the point of ever levelling another toon to 80 then? I realize spvp does this, but honestly I think it’s fine the way it is. I’d rather have a player that has levelled his or her toon up to 80 and actually knows how to play the class to help back the team up, than someone who gets super buffed and winds up wiping the group because they don’t know the class. This is especially critical in WvW.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Traits. and armor bonuses. Honestly though, I feel you can wvw “decently” starting at levels 40-50. Ofc this means going along with the zerg and not standing in the front lines.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

What would be the point of ever levelling another toon to 80 then? I realize spvp does this, but honestly I think it’s fine the way it is. I’d rather have a player that has levelled his or her toon up to 80 and actually knows how to pay the class to help back the team up, than someone who gets super buffed and winds up wiping the group because they don’t know the class. This is especially critical in WvW.

Even if your amazing at your class, your still worthless at low levels because your damage is severely gimp, as well as your armor. Simply giving them more armor, or slightly better scaling with armor and damage wouldn’t be unreasonable. They would still be at a huge disadvantage but less of a liability to their server mates.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

That’s the stats for my mesmer level 35 with full greens… The stats on my armor are Vitality and toughness just as my traits. I don’t deal much damage (i’m not focused on that anyway), but i’m hard to kill.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Shaojack.3871

That’s the stats for my mesmer level 35 with full greens… The stats on my armor are Vitality and toughness just as my traits. I don’t deal much damage (i’m not focused on that anyway), but i’m hard to kill.

Sure, at the rate you get karma in wvw at low levels you won’t be able to keep up with a full green set, which you should easily be able to if your doing lots of wvw and taking points.
They could easily ramp up lower level karma, or make the lower level greens cheaper, since every 10 levels in the next set, which makes your old set outdated very very quickly.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Please no. I know the up-leveling system is already a huge turn-off to many potential players. Progression should be earned and rewarded. It shouldn’t be handed to you on a silver plate.

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

I bought new greens every 5 levels, cheap and I never really felt weak

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I thought that Anet wanted people to be able to level entirely in WvW.

Then why can’t there be WvW only equipment like there’s only PvP equipment?

Why is there only PVT pieces from vendors?

Why is there crafting stations in WvW when you can’t get all the mats in the WvW maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Why is there crafting stations in WvW when you can’t get all the mats in the WvW maps?

You can actually. There are all tiers of ore and wood scattered around the maps. I’m not 100% sure about leather and scraps, but I believe they’re in there, too.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

The only think that would be good to change with the system, is make it so that enemies cannot see the up arrow beside their name, just makes them a target.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Give 80 skillpoints I say. It is just not fun how easy scaled up level whatevers with whatever leveling gear drop.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

I think scaling could be improved, but it doesn’t need any drastic changes, just tweaking some of the numbers and better gear available from wvw. Also put more skillpoints in the maps, each wvw map only has 3-4, compare that to most pve maps that have double that.

Being able to unlock new traits, skills, and gear while leveling keeps a sense of progression and achievement while leveling in wvw, and a down leveled character can still be a productive part of a fight. Yeah, you’ll get stomped 1 on 1, but in a large or mid sized fight you’ll be able to do decently well, and don’t forget many of your opponents will be downleveled right along with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I bought new greens every 5 levels, cheap and I never really felt weak

Yup.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i guess do you mean something like the minigame spvp do right? everyone lvl 80 and skills learned but without the gear? i see that…as not necessary at all, especially when theres a link in the minigame pve map and minigame wvw map.

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You can actually. There are all tiers of ore and wood scattered around the maps. I’m not 100% sure about leather and scraps, but I believe they’re in there, too.

I’ve only seen green wood, hard wood and elder wood so far… For leather and cloth, those drop off the skritt/centaurs according with your character level. You can also salvage stuff for materials.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

How about leveling up and stop qqing? Sounds like legit option to me.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough