Give us something to look forward to.

in WvW

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

The MMO market is severely lacking when it comes to innovative combat systems. GW2 has had an innovative and fun combat system since launch – everything from 1v1s to RvR is exciting to do. There is a pool of players that need a bone thrown to them or they will leave.

We’ve been roaming the same stagnant maps, watching our intense fights with different guilds deteriorate into fighting the same people day in and day out. EOTM was a good idea, until the karma training carebears made it so most guilds will only go there for a bag farm. The population of hardcore raiding and GvGing guilds has severely dropped, and it’s a sad state for a game that has so much potential.

The lack of attention and trolling is frustrating to players that so desperately want this game to be populated with people to fight, and want their friends to stay. Too many of my friends, who enjoy WvW but can’t stand its problems, have quit in anticipation for other games. They’d rather wait for other games to come out than sink time into your free game – that’s saying something.

To keep this section of your player base logging in, GvG requires an interface and a designated map where players can schedule, plan, and observe other GvGs. GvGs are almost exclusively occurring in (NA at least) T2, where trolling happens often, trolls jumping in on a 15v15, or random guilds dropping guild kegs in the middle of Obsidian Sanctum. Preventing others from entering the arena would be a great start. GvG requires an interface and a designated map where players can schedule, plan, and observe other GvGs. GvGs are almost exclusively occurring in (NA at least) T2, where trolling happens often. Set ups for 5v5, 10s, 15s, 20s, 40s – it’d all be used and often.

WvW needs a raid interface akin to the 40 man one in WoW. This would be best to coordinate large organized groups and to know where everyone is on the map.

Finally, a proper targeting system is long overdue. One red target is not enough for a counter periphery team who needs to know where their guild leader is, the periphery they’re protecting, and the targets they’re trying to kill.

GvG requires an interface and a designated map where players can schedule, plan, and observe other GvGs. GvGs are almost exclusively occurring in (NA at least) T2, where trolling happens often. 5v5, 10s, 15s, 20s, 40s – it’d all be used and often.

These have all been suggested before, and as far as I’m aware no developer has told us about any plans. PvP shines so much brighter in this game than PvE to many of us – a high skillcap, great balance, awesome synergy potential for every type of composition is a recipe for success. Give the GW1 purists reason to throw away their rose tinted goggles and bring back a proper experience for RvR.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

: )

good idea …….

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Or, you know, living story.

in WvW

Posted by: epszz.5134

epszz.5134

Awsome ideas! #hopingforananswerdevs

@SFR
Buff.

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

in WvW

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

GvGs are almost exclusively occurring in (NA at least) T2, where trolling happens often.

Maybe I’m just tired, but why was this phrase copy pasted like 400 times :/

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Awesome post.

Unfortunately, ANet has made it pretty clear that they’re only interested in Gem Store updates and PvE zergfests. I guess we can always hope for some exciting WvW content, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

Awesome post.

Unfortunately, ANet has made it pretty clear that they’re only interested in Gem Store updates and PvE zergfests. I guess we can always hope for some exciting WvW content, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

you’re right, I spent a lot of 50 euro per month on this game. To me this is not ‘the only way to buy skins that I like or weapons that I want but it was also a way to support the producer of this game knowing the model that supports. As I have said in many other posts I mostly play WvW and currently I feel “abandoned.” From now on I will not spend a cent more until I see some definite improvements in this mode of play and encourage everyone to do so.
So we’ll see if we are the “minority” that does not bring money to the game.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

At the moment, the only thing to look forward to that anet is giving to us is other games releases dates.

[HUE]