Gliding balance proposal

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

So gliding in WvW is great. It’s fresh, it’s fun, it really feels like it fits in the game.

I have ONE issue with it however. Since we do have gliding evasion I think my proposal isn’t out of this world and will go over well with anyone who doesn’t like gliding.

When you take damage gliding it should directly affect your gliding endurance.

I say this because, remember when attacking north west tower and backup would come from the defenders citadel and everyone would throw down their statics and wells and wards ect ect. Well that’s completely out the window anymore because they can just glide right on over everyone without a care in the world. This happens in several other places as well most notably the fire keep.

Now….this isn’t a fix all solution but to me it just -makes sense- right now you are limited to cc and I don’t know being shot with a pistol or arrow in mid-flight would probably make me fall.

I don’t believe gliding should be taken out and I don’t think when you are in combat it should be disabled.

Many things in guild wars have been taken right out of PVE content and pushed into WvW content and have been altered to accommodate the game mode. This is not a huge change and is a very reasonable request.

That is all.
Edit————updated content below———————————-Edit

My four possible changes are, (only one of these not all four)
1: Gliding endurance is affected by taking damage. At 0 you fall out of the sky and take normal fall damage.
2: Gliding has an extra buff once you start gliding that gives you a “shield” using the exact same mechanic as Shaman in fractals that you have to hit x amount of times to stop it’s effect.
3: Gliding is disabled when you are at 25% of your max HP.
4: Add a skill that uses the same slot as the unbound magic counter skill in PVE content when you target gliding targets. “Throw rock 1 second channel time 30 second cooldown 200 damage 1 second stun” Incorporate it into gliding skill trait line

(edited by Overcast.5612)

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Wouldn’t matter. When you max it your endurance no longer matters for anything except gliding faster.

On a side note, the desert BLs really don’t need to get any easier to flip in my opinion.

It’s already a pain trying scout out attacks on them since they’re so large, and there’s walls in little cubby holes you wouldn’t normally think to look at.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

Even with max gliding the solution I propose would affect your endurance anyway and when you hit 0 you’d fall.

Another way around this is to make gliding a “buff” with x amount of stacks like a shield and once x amount of attacks hit you fall to the ground.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ya evasion when gliding is odd i think gliding should be a full viability state much like if your in the air you cant do any thing other then moves some gliding should be the same way. If any thing there should be a dmg cap that if your hit hard enofe you fall out of the sky or say a hp % where you cant gliding. At the same time being able to gliding when in combat should stay.

What to replace it with would be lowering the amount of endurance used when moving faster (this should never be 100% no use it is a resources and should stay as one).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

Ya evasion when gliding is odd i think gliding should be a full viability state much like if your in the air you cant do any thing other then moves some gliding should be the same way. If any thing there should be a dmg cap that if your hit hard enofe you fall out of the sky or say a hp % where you cant gliding. At the same time being able to gliding when in combat should stay.

What to replace it with would be lowering the amount of endurance used when moving faster (this should never be 100% no use it is a resources and should stay as one).

I would be 100% okay with let’s say….at 25% health gliding is disabled. It would fix the problem I’m trying to address…it would be hard to knock people out of the air still and would stop last second runners loosing you a bag.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

How a out a new siege for shooting down or disabling gliding in an area?

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

or we can just get rid of gliding

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

How about dropping some height too when you dodge while gliding XD

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

How a out a new siege for shooting down or disabling gliding in an area?

This could be added as well to stop mass gliding but doesn’t help in small fights ect when supply is limited or for roamers.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

So gliding in WvW is great. It’s fresh, it’s fun, it really feels like it fits in the game.

I have ONE issue with it however. Since we do have gliding evasion I think my proposal isn’t out of this world and will go over well with anyone who doesn’t like gliding.

When you take damage gliding it should directly affect your gliding endurance.

I say this because, remember when attacking north west tower and backup would come from the defenders citadel and everyone would throw down their statics and wells and wards ect ect. Well that’s completely out the window anymore because they can just glide right on over everyone without a care in the world. This happens in several other places as well most notably the fire keep.

Now….this isn’t a fix all solution but to me it just -makes sense- right now you are limited to cc and I don’t know being shot with a pistol or arrow in mid-flight would probably make me fall.

I don’t believe gliding should be taken out and I don’t think when you are in combat it should be disabled.

Many things in guild wars have been taken right out of PVE content and pushed into WvW content and have been altered to accommodate the game mode. This is not a huge change and is a very reasonable request.

That is all.

I have to tell you that you can’t glide over me without a care in the world. 1500 range with my longbow. Last night at NWT I shot 3 people out of the sky and we finished them off as they hit the ground. Sure people made it through, but no more than would have if they were on the ground most likely. We picked off what we could as they tried to glide over.

Moral of story… gliding doesn’t save you from being shot down!

… just call me … Tim :)

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Wouldn’t this just hurt low ranked players, and not affect players who have maxed gliding mastery?

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Wouldn’t this just hurt low ranked players, and not affect players who have maxed gliding mastery?

Not sure what this question is for… if it’s for being shot down I’m not sure. I just know that so far when I hit people, especially with my longbow knockback shot, they fall. No exceptions so far.

… just call me … Tim :)

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Not sure what this question is for… if it’s for being shot down I’m not sure. I just know that so far when I hit people, especially with my longbow knockback shot, they fall. No exceptions so far.

OP said damage during gliding should reduce endurance, but if you max the mastery then the endurance only really affects you when you lean to speed up. So a player who does not have the full mastery would be at a disadvantage.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

My three possible changes are, (only one of these not all three)

1: Gliding endurance is affected by taking damage. At 0 you fall out of the sky and take normal fall damage.

2: Gliding has an extra buff once you start gliding that gives you a “shield” using the exact same mechanic as Shaman in fractals that you have to hit x amount of times to stop it’s effect.

3: Gliding is disabled when you are at 25% of your max HP.

These changes would affect everyone across the board not just maxed players. The only advantaged leveled players have is the access to dodge they gain.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

OP said damage during gliding should reduce endurance, but if you max the mastery then the endurance only really affects you when you lean to speed up. So a player who does not have the full mastery would be at a disadvantage.

This is true I suppose but that’s another incentive to max your gliding out and give your dodge a purpose and max players would maybe think twice about using their speed glide, speed vs tankyness.

Another way around this would be to add a 2nd small bar to gliding (such as hardness does to your HP) that would be affected INSTEAD of your flight endurance.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

I really do like gliding in WvW, but I dont think you should be able to actually open your glider in combat. Its proving to be way too easy for people to escape off cliffs and if you’re a melee character, there’s no way you’re “shooting them out of the sky”.

Yes if you’re in combat and you get hit with something you should retain your glide (unless actually knocked back or w/e). But just running away by gliding is ridiculous when the opponent just can’t follow.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Immobilize, Stun, Daze, Moa, knockback, fear and Knockdown ALL need to make someone gliding drop their wings and at the moment either they dont, or it’s buggy. While I like gliding and i’m ok with someone choosing to fly away, i’m not ok with it having no counterplay whatsoever. There should be a risk that your enemy is prepared for you to open your glider.

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Overcast.5612

This thread is to mark a change in the original post I made to not confuse any new comments made going forward

The main post has been edited.

Gliding balance proposal

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

No, I like gliding as it is.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.