GoMination!

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Quicker Muscle.4372

Quicker Muscle.4372

GoMs dedication and coordination pays off BIG! I was just wondering if any other server has been able to pull this off before. Not only did we pull it off, but we pulled it off during a WvW season! We managed to capture and hold EVERY camp, tower and keep!

Would not have been possible without a number of key people. Great job guys!

Attachments:

Quicker Muscle
Greystone Court [GREY]
Server: Gate of Madness

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Extra points for that happening in the only NA matchup that isn’t a blow out.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Yep, but it was JQ vs T2 servers. The highest against other T1 servers has been about 550-600.

Attachments:

Maguuma Guardian

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Sheltered much?

Attachments:

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Skergx.7562

Skergx.7562

GoMmunity strikes again in it’s bronze league epicness!

All hail Gate of Madness!

Attachments:

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

SO much XCITE for GOM /sarc

Attachments:

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

GoMs dedication and coordination pays off BIG! I was just wondering if any other server has been able to pull this off before. Not only did we pull it off, but we pulled it off during a WvW season! We managed to capture and hold EVERY camp, tower and keep!

This picture just made my day Quicker! Wish I didn’t have to work and could have stayed up all night with you guys. :-/ GoM’s comeback is rather amazing!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Dat “6am-everyone-else-is-sleeping-because-they-go-to-work” time slot.

Mmmm…PvD is so very fulfilling. Good job on fighting against no one.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Full map cap…tier 6…6 am in the morning…on a weekday…

Where is the achievement again?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Full map cap…tier 6…6 am in the morning…on a weekday…

Where is the achievement again?

The achievement is that those were NA based people that stayed up all night to cap things since we can’t compete against the massive amount of people SF brings to the field. I personally know most of the people that were doing that. Quite a few adjusted their work schedules so that they could keep us in this fight.

So their dedication to helping their server is the achievement.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Thats what a night crew in the bronze league will do, its not hard to win with one, nor is it anything to make a thread about.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

Sorry, you appear to be missing 1 stack of bloodlust. Accomplishment invalidated.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Quite a few adjusted their work schedules so that they could keep us in this fight.

is the achievement.

“Achievement”
Thats just sounds sad that people adjusted their real life schedules to “win” in a video game.

The fact that you also decided to specifically play around the opposing team instead of fighting them..is this also part of your “achievement?”

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Quicker Muscle.4372

Quicker Muscle.4372

All the hate mail from people that know nothing about us! I LOVE IT! lol

Quicker Muscle
Greystone Court [GREY]
Server: Gate of Madness

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Yeah this has been done thousands of times across GW2’s lifespan xD. Gratz on it but taking 695 ppt, during oceanic, in t6, isn’t the most impressive thing ever. Still though, gratz.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Spartan.3014

Spartan.3014

Plz post hater videoz about ART plz…
Tired of ASH getting all of em
Thx for precursors DH and SF! Keep up the good fights!
Just remember: ART <3s u all

The One Spartan – Norn Guardian – (ART) Guild
Commander/Guild Leader in WuvWuv
GoMination

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

Quite a few adjusted their work schedules so that they could keep us in this fight.

is the achievement.

“Achievement”
Thats just sounds sad that people adjusted their real life schedules to “win” in a video game.

The fact that you also decided to specifically play around the opposing team instead of fighting them..is this also part of your “achievement?”

AFAIK we didn’t have a massive transfer to our server like SF did. It may seem apples to oranges but transfer coordination and play time coordination sound about even to me. And to say we haven’t fought them face to face is just ignorant as we’ve had many outnumbered and equal battles and have come out on top and also visa versa. Basically you are trying to diminish our achievement when we are working with what we have, lesser numbers in prime time.

SF knows they can have a bigger blob in the day. We know we can have better coverage at night. It just sounds like they didn’t plan around that as well as we did.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Dat “6am-everyone-else-is-sleeping-because-they-go-to-work” time slot.

Dat “6am-everyone-else-is-sleeping-because-they-go-to-work” time slot. = Oceanic players prime, the whole world doesn’t live in America.

- You guys had a decent 20 man for a while there, but like most Achievement hunters, a couple of wipes results in doing dungeons instead of actually building siege or trying to hold anything.

DH on the other hand, had some of us running laps for a bit with just a 5-10 man group and all they did was flip camps and quick flip some towers before they built up a 30 man before too long, looking at the match up so far SF loses a fight or 2 and it’s time to give up… DH loses a fight or 2 and they try something else, and keep trying until they succeed, respect to em for that cause even a lot of GoM hunters give up at 1st wipe.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

GoMination!

in WvW

clint.5681

is the achievement.

“Achievement”

AFAIK we didn’t have a massive transfer to our server like SF did. It may seem apples to oranges but transfer coordination
We know we can have better coverage at night. It just sounds like they didn’t plan around that as well as we did.

Pray tell who that massive transfer to SF was?

And also tell us how we should plan around a lack of people on at night when we are all sleeping outside of buying guilds T1 style? You seem to know everything so I expect some answers.

I also dont recall GoM having a big enough nightcrew to make a difference a month ago, and yet now you do so please tell me what changed, transfers perhaps ?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Well yes, we did get transfers. [RISE] from Stormbluff Isle came back to GoM, about a month ago. It also wasn’t long ago that [Wurm] from Maguuma came back after leagues. Other than that, we haven’t had any major or minor guild transfers. We have had a few that inquired about transferring, but elected not to. We wish them the best, wherever they did transfer to, or if they stayed.

I just want to take a minute and point out, that 6 months ago, GoM lost a good chunk of its wvw population when Zombieland and other guilds transferred out before leagues. The rest of the population had a choice, we either stay in GoM and rebuild, or we can transfer too and start anew. They chose to stay and rebuild, and the effort and hardwork in training, recruiting, strategizing, and learning from other higher tier servers. All of that is paying off now and makes us feel very excited about the future.

So all the videos, threads, comments may come off as being kitteny or arrogant, but we really don’t mean to be. We are just very excited and happy to see that a server that could have tanked and stayed down, chose to rebuild and fight and reap the rewards of that effort.

You can continue trolling this thread now.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

GoMination!

in WvW

clint.5681

Some people call anyone who doesnt agree with them trolling. I guess everyone is a troll these days huh? Definitely not your server mates tho.

If you cant refute their points call em a troll that will get them.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Some people call anyone who doesnt agree with them trolling. I guess everyone is a troll these days huh? Definitely not your server mates tho.

If you cant refute their points call em a troll that will get them.

GoM mentality at its finest. :/

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

(edited by bokkieskitten.8023)

GoMination!

in WvW

Crunk n monkey.3749

Just a general statement Clint, wasn’t directed specifically towards YOU.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Pray tell who that massive transfer to SF was?

And also tell us how we should plan around a lack of people on at night when we are all sleeping outside of buying guilds T1 style? You seem to know everything so I expect some answers.

I also dont recall GoM having a big enough nightcrew to make a difference a month ago, and yet now you do so please tell me what changed, transfers perhaps ?

GoM didn’t really get any transfers during the discounted period. Most of RISE came back well over a month ago, and while we used to run a decent oceanic group (around the middle of last year), we don’t really run any groups during off hours anymore, and usually only have 5-6 people online during oceanic prime, and not all of those will be in WvW. As an aussie, I can say that GoM does not have a big nightcrew. What you’ve seen in the past few days has been primarily the regular NA players staying up late or getting up early. GoM also has an extremely large PvE player base, so the combination of achievements and xp trains at night have greatly inflated our WvW population.

That being said, I don’t believe SF had many transfers either. The most common tags I’ve seen have been Cosa, MvM, and i think LORD, all of which have been there for a while. I recall someone saying that Cosa had a bit of a relaxed week last week, so it’s possible the full strength Cosa groups are being mistaken for transfers.

As for a +695 tick, it’s great for those who play the game for points (not my cup of tea, but to each their own), but a ppt discrepancy like that is really only capable when fielding a kittenload more people than anyone else. At that point, strategy tends to go out the window, as it really isn’t needed. And that applies to all servers.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

GoMination!

in WvW

Crunk n monkey.3749

I’ve seen little havoc type squads running for SF. [Suns] [SONG] {Flan}. I’ve also seen quite a few [MLSS] tags. The thing is, its hard to tell which are PvE guilds running in WvW, or guilds that were created on the server for the purpose of WvW or just a transfer guild.

GoMination!

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum