God Mode Thieves

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

As the title says, is there some super build that just allows a theif to come back from near death to full hp and still pump out damage at an unholy level?

Just happened to me. 23 bleed, 5 torment stacks, burning and poison from a sigil. I can’t see his hp bar and he just cartwheels away and full bar heals himself with a lunge back skill.

WTF is that kitten? What is the skills name? Oh btw, it totally cleanses all of my condis.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

lol. thanks for the good laugh

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

-pokes sig-

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

was it this guy? I don’t know what build he had but It was impressive how he got around.

Attachments:

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

lyssa rune + 40s elite skill

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: ZACK.8760

ZACK.8760

I don’t think there is something funny to laugh about here . I was with him in that fight , he take away all that thief health and I saw all the condi on that thief , we both saw that thief HP go to 0 but noo the thief come back with full health again.

I want to see you laugh when you fight someone and see him go down and you know you have won that fight but no, a second later he come back with full hp to kill you and I want you to tell me it was a good laugh.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Its called a healing skill :/ withdraw. And it only cures cripple/immob/chill. He prolly wasted his elite to clear those other condis

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Same tune in every thread involving Thieves.

“OP needs to L2P”

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

As the title says, is there some super build that just allows a theif to come back from near death to full hp and still pump out damage at an unholy level?

Just happened to me. 23 bleed, 5 torment stacks, burning and poison from a sigil. I can’t see his hp bar and he just cartwheels away and full bar heals himself with a lunge back skill.

WTF is that kitten? What is the skills name? Oh btw, it totally cleanses all of my condis.

Well how else do you expect a thief to actually have a chance against you? Want him to stand out in the open and let you destroy him? Stop your whining and realize that thieves must have stealth (ninja escape alternatives) and above normal damage in order for them to actually be a freaking thief and have equal opportunity in the battlefield.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

WTB D&D Stealth rules

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As much as I hate Thieves I feel so sorely for this profession sometimes… They’re trolly and annoying but they don’t deserve most of the hate they get.
OP’s post isn’t really hate but it’s still complaining… Thieves have extremely low base health and it’s still low even if they’re geared for survival and not damage. Which means that a heal that might return them 5k vitality will seem like a lot on a small health bar. Where as say a 5k vitality return on a Necromancer might seem insignificant.
He was probably a condition build with a lot of on crit sigils and using that heal, the name escapes me at the moment but, the one where using it will break stun, roll backwards evading attacks and heal them.
Anyway, Thieves are butter if you can make them stand still for 2 seconds. It’s getting them to stay still that’s the tricky part, but if you have access to any CC’s such as, and ideally, immobilize, they’re pretty much a sitting duck.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

As much as I hate Thieves I feel so sorely for this profession sometimes… They’re trolly and annoying but they don’t deserve most of the hate they get.
OP’s post isn’t really hate but it’s still complaining… Thieves have extremely low base health and it’s still low even if they’re geared for survival and not damage. Which means that a heal that might return them 5k vitality will seem like a lot on a small health bar. Where as say a 5k vitality return on a Necromancer might seem insignificant.
He was probably a condition build with a lot of on crit sigils and using that heal, the name escapes me at the moment but, the one where using it will break stun, roll backwards evading attacks and heal them.
Anyway, Thieves are butter if you can make them stand still for 2 seconds. It’s getting them to stay still that’s the tricky part, but if you have access to any CC’s such as, and ideally, immobilize, they’re pretty much a sitting duck.

They get the hate because the mechanic is crap, not their fault but really Anet gave a high damage class the ability to Vanish every couple seconds. Other games have made Vanish an O kitten button for a reason, not a use at will ability. The entire class is annoying, the fact that they can reset a fight multiple times and just run away when things get tough is probably the biggest complaint.

Ya their beatable but I have better things to do then spend the next hour trying to find and catch them just to have them stab me every few seconds and vanish again. Terrible design, players can’t be blamed, its natural for people to abuse a cheesy mechanic, see perplex runes.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

When there is no way to beat a character with anything less than another of the same type and build, something is very, very wrong.

Two shots and dead – most of the time that’s exactly what happens when I can’t shake a thief.

Anet can see that there are huge inequities in some characters’ abilities against all others and yet never really addresses it. Why?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

probably p/d d/p or something like that with withdraw and healing power~

What class are you playing, OP

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

there is no way to beat a thief even with another thief….unless one of them is really bad…

If the thief put just a single non zerker piece he can troll forever whoever he wants….

Stealth + mobility + tons of evades…..
The worst offenders are all the cleanse and stunbreak tied to mobility skills.

SOmething that was nerfed for elementalist because having a button as universal answer was considered OP by the balancing team…and said skills were far weaker than thieves’

Tell me how in the hell this is balanced:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep

and these needed a nerf
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Flash
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Fire

This game have been out for almost 2 years we already seen in WWW how thieves run away and reenter the fight constantly unpunished…..

It something shouldn t even be discussed…

P.S. and as mesmers proved you don t need permastealth to be able to leave a fight at will….so its really possile to have mobility+stealth+permaevade…..don t take out the usual 30/30/30/30/30 excuse….

P.P.S. if you disagree you can tell us how to kill a thief in WWW..
I mean even the worst player i ever met, constantly attacking on shocking aura, can simply start to spam evades at will and then stealth or shadow step away curing any CC/condition…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Same tune in every thread involving Thieves.

“OP needs to L2P”

In all fairness… Condi thieves spamming 33333333333 onto someone isn’t exactly a skillful player… I’m sure a lot of us have rolled the perplex thief and done the same only to realise everything dies

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Sounds to me you experienced the strong feature called lvl up in wvwvw which if you get xp that pushes you to a lvl up (skillpoint up) fully heals you and has an aoe launch to go with it.

I’ve had it often enough that an enemy in downed got xp from something random around and just went out of it and back to full cause he got his xp bar to hit a lvl up.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I like how ESO has handled stealth. Everyone can use some version of it, but you are knocked out of stealth with damage, you must use the terrain to make it work, and added hidden last only a second or two to allow pure stealth class to get to a terrain to hide. When you attack you are immediately popped out of stealth and there are strict limitations to re entering stealth. There is no perma stealth nonsense like there is here and it isn’t god mode. Secondly, you cannot easily exit a fight via stealth. I really enjoy it.

OP’d thief, lol

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

there is no way to beat a thief even with another thief….unless one of them is really bad…

This is wrong in my experience. Thieves being mostly glassy in all but Dire builds are always susceptible to burst. Thieves also have access to a terrific knockdown that comes up faster than SS. Beating a thief is usually just a matter of predicting their movements better than they predict yours. When that fails, use the knockdown trap. It even works when they are stealthed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Lord Byron should spend less time here writing his streams of consciousness and should rather start improving his skills, cause he really lacks them.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

get killed by a thief? no problem. Respawn, run back with a zerg, and mow him over….

ok, seriously, stop whining about thief…. thief by definition is a class that uses stealth and running away…… if they want to use that to their advantage, that’s their right, since it is in their skill set….. nothing kitten wrong about it…..

but the kitten wrong about it is the insane healing which is absurdly OP……… other than that, nothing wrong with thief………

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I like how ESO has handled stealth. Everyone can use some version of it, but you are knocked out of stealth with damage, you must use the terrain to make it work, and added hidden last only a second or two to allow pure stealth class to get to a terrain to hide. When you attack you are immediately popped out of stealth and there are strict limitations to re entering stealth. There is no perma stealth nonsense like there is here and it isn’t god mode. Secondly, you cannot easily exit a fight via stealth. I really enjoy it.

You obviously didn’t play a nightblade with spammable stealth skills and stuns out of stealth that allow you to chain stun anyone to death without any possibility of a counter.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

get killed by a thief? no problem. Respawn, run back with a zerg, and mow him over….

ok, seriously, stop whining about thief…. thief by definition is a class that uses stealth and running away…… if they want to use that to their advantage, that’s their right, since it is in their skill set….. nothing kitten wrong about it…..

but the kitten wrong about it is the insane healing which is absurdly OP……… other than that, nothing wrong with thief………

I wonder which dairy farmer class you play.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Everyone says that the only argue meant thieves have is you need to “L2P”. I will tell you right now, that is an argument, but not the best. Stealth will heal you 234 per second. This healing is less than the regen Condi, or regen dps warrior. Or the guardian. Or the bunker ranger. It isn’t what heals you. The healing skill withdraw is what makes them “burst” heal in stealth. Playing a thief is not easy. It is the average skill level of thieves being higher than any other class.
This is my argument. Thieves need stealth to compensate for the lowest base health and toughness in the game and to make their high damage possible. The stealth mechanic is fundamentally flawed, admit ably, but it is more in favor of the enemy, not the thief. You get some minor healing, but it does not serve as an invulnerability, infact, thief has no invulnerability at all. They get the chance to confuse the enemy for a short amount of time every 3 seconds. Maybe, they can pop off their heal, or prolong stealth, but ultimately movement in stealth is predictable. They will try to get as close as possible and hit you from behind. Timing and proper dodging can immensely reduce a thieves dps. A missed backstab is very bad for a thief. I time 2 seconds, then dodge and run. This usually expires their stealth. Granted I’m a thief so I can always time a Backstab (really confuses other thieves when I CnD off of them while they are in stealth). It is kind of l2p but more of a staying calm problem. People freak out when they lose their target. That is what kills you. When you lose half your health, don’t freak, they will most likely waste a ton of ini on heart seeker which is a fundamentally flawed tactic and they are very easy to kill in this state.
If it is a Condi thief… I just have to say REALLY?!?! You don’t complain this much about Condi warriors, or Condi necros, or Condi rangers. They are all basically as effective, some more, with more applicable condis, and more health regen/Condi clears. It is a problem with you being confused by shadow step and stealth, things that barely change anything. YIU get panicked because you lose sight of your target, that is irrational. It is a matter of remaining calm, not l2p.
My 2 cents.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Stealth isn’t really a problem, but Shadow Arts is. It’s probably the most brain AFK trait line in the game. That being said it sucks like most other things in anything but a 1v1 or maybe 2v2 situation, so why balance around it?

Always makes me chuckle when mediocre players think they are some kind of PvP god because they can beat players 1v1 with some cheese build.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by EFWinters.5421)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

Well, all I can suggest is make a thief and learn how to play it… because once I did I realized it can be quite challenging. I’m not the best thief but I know enough to understand them so I can know their limitations and strengths. :shrug: Granted I did this probably a year or so ago and that is when I started building my mesmer for more survivability at the time (I was going condi/toughness build long before it became the thing to do lol).

I think oscuro’s reply is the best one here though. Really all you need to do is learn the way their skills work in order to know how to counter it. And that could be said for pretty much any class you might be having trouble with.

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

LordByron.8369

This is wrong in my experience. Thieves being mostly glassy in all but Dire builds are always susceptible to burst. Thieves also have access to a terrific knockdown that comes up faster than SS. Beating a thief is usually just a matter of predicting their movements better than they predict yours. When that fails, use the knockdown trap. It even works when they are stealthed.

I asked you how to beat a thief..

Tell me please…the counter to this in WWW:

Open wiki and have fun comparing it to:

Related Skills
Teleport to a freely choosen area
Blink

Necrotic Traversal

Lightning Flash (<== this needed to have breakstun nerfed lol….)

So you have the best class for opening Attacks….that has as only counter a build that is the perfect prey for thieves themselves and will die without being able to react unless the thief is SO BAD that is totally readed by the opponent despite mechanics designed to make them unpredictable.

P.S: thief IS NOT GLASSY…..thief is AS GLASSY as you build it….its still a medium armor profession
Oscuro reply is flawed by not even knowing profession base armor and HP.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

I didnt read the rest of the comments so I don’t know if someone answered your question, I believe the setup theives use to achieve this is:
Traits will be: 30 in shadow arts for sure: IV, II, XI. This can be accompanied with 20 in acrobatics: VI and VIII the other 20 points I don’t think matter.
In my experience theives with that setup wont be full burst rather they will have some toughness, cause their aim is to be more or less tanky. The build is more common with pistol dagger theives. Although 30 in shadow arts seems is viable with other setups as well.
Utilities tend to be hide in shadows/withdraw, blindingpowder, shadow refuge, the last utility i dont think matters too much but most likely a shadowstep. These utilities 2 maximize stealth as well as the condi cleansing from the trait in shadow arts IV.

last point: they may have other food buffs such as: lemongrass poultry or saffron scented poultry soup.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

Well, all I can suggest is make a thief and learn how to play it… because once I did I realized it can be quite challenging. I’m not the best thief but I know enough to understand them so I can know their limitations and strengths. :shrug: Granted I did this probably a year or so ago and that is when I started building my mesmer for more survivability at the time (I was going condi/toughness build long before it became the thing to do lol).

I think oscuro’s reply is the best one here though. Really all you need to do is learn the way their skills work in order to know how to counter it. And that could be said for pretty much any class you might be having trouble with.

I have multiple thieves, and they are the easiest class to play, hands down. The ability to waltz into a group, off a squishy and get away is hilarious. Watching the enemy flail in the air makes us thieves giggle.

OP’d thief, lol

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I wonder which dairy farmer class you play.

PVE ele….. I don’t PVP…..

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I have multiple thieves, and they are the easiest class to play, hands down. The ability to waltz into a group, off a squishy and get away is hilarious. Watching the enemy flail in the air makes us thieves giggle.

I can still bleed you to death with d/d conditions. All 5 of your thief alts. Just want to point that out.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Straegen.2938

P.S: thief IS NOT GLASSY…..thief is AS GLASSY as you build it….its still a medium armor profession

Shadow Step is on a 50s cooldown. Tripwire is on a 30s cooldown. Drop the trap, wait for it to disappear, pop CnD at the trap location. If the thief is fast on the trigger they just burned their SS. Lay down the trap again as soon as it is up. Next time it disappears, CnD, BS, dead. If they are slow on the trigger, you can kill them right there by following through with a BS.

There are dozens of counters to thieves that press a fight. The problem isn’t the ones that stay, the problem is the ones that have zero interest in a fight and just want to blow up wounded or up leveled players.

As for being glassy, most thieves run sub 3k armor and usually around 15k HP. That makes them 3 shot targets by other thieves. The thief that stacks toughness is a 4 shot and Dire armor makes them 6 shot. Glassy by most measure.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

was it this guy? I don’t know what build he had but It was impressive how he got around.

Haha signet of malice is a joke. And lyssa runes with P/D? Or is that an ecto steal?

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Shadow Step is on a 50s cooldown. Tripwire is on a 30s cooldown. Drop the trap, wait for it to disappear, pop CnD at the trap location. If the thief is fast on the trigger they just burned their SS. Lay down the trap again as soon as it is up. Next time it disappears, CnD, BS, dead. If they are slow on the trigger, you can kill them right there by following through with a BS.

There are dozens of counters to thieves that press a fight. The problem isn’t the ones that stay, the problem is the ones that have zero interest in a fight and just want to blow up wounded or up leveled players.

As for being glassy, most thieves run sub 3k armor and usually around 15k HP. That makes them 3 shot targets by other thieves. The thief that stacks toughness is a 4 shot and Dire armor makes them 6 shot. Glassy by most measure.

One example right there!

Thief is probably one of the easiest professions to predict. Is the thief low on health? Are you low on health? If the latter and the thief stealths you can be almost 100% sure that he will move in for a backstab. Predict and counter his moves. That’s a least how my “insert profession here” beat thieves regularly.

Remember that many of the WvW thieves (not all) are FotM guys that is just trying it out. These guys usually found their build on these forums and don’t know how to be unpredictable as a thief. These guys are very, very easy to predict and are almost always a free kill for me. You can test them by seeing if they follow any “recipe” when they move in, or I’d they actually try to out-play you.

Melder – Thief

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Well how else do you expect a thief to actually have a chance against you? Want him to stand out in the open and let you destroy him? Stop your whining and realize that thieves must have stealth (ninja escape alternatives) and above normal damage in order for them to actually be a freaking thief and have equal opportunity in the battlefield.

This is exactly how I feel about my ele but he doesn’t get stealth.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

LordByron.8369

this is all but a counter….
if you try that, the thief won t have any reason to shadowstep and will jyust kill you because you are wasting CD to PREDICT his defense….

And how the word predict imply will work on extremely unesperienced players only….

GW2 balance:

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

There is no doubt that ele’s have their own problems but they have other things that compensate for their lack of health/armor, some just need buffed back up since they were nerfed for SPVP. The only thing the thief excels at in this game is being a roamer and that stems from poor class design. Stealth is the only thing that keeps the class afloat and once that’s nerfed into the ground the class needs a complete rework.

I really wanted the thief in this game to be like the trickster in Spellborn. It should have been more about short range teleporting to keep your opponent from landing skills. At most a stealth from a low cooldown utility. You can see they kind of went that direction but instead of fleshing it out they said screw it at tossed stealth on everything.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Neshane.6497

Neshane.6497

Anet need to increase the time you take to restealth ; as well as being hit or even using steal skill to unstealth a thief. Other classes would be affected like mesmer or ranger ; but they use stealth for the reason it’s there ; to heal up and come back guns blazing. It’s basically a 1 way ticket to teleport home for thief. Nothing quite as dissapointing as watching a thief heartseeker away to safety and teleport cause they failed to land their perfect combo. Pats all failing thieves It’s okay ; You tried.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

You probably stood in his Caltrops while he had Singnet of Malice which is not uncommon with Death Blossom spam-builds.

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Straegen.2938

this is all but a counter….
if you try that, the thief won t have any reason to shadowstep and will jyust kill you because you are wasting CD to PREDICT his defense….

And how the word predict imply will work on extremely unesperienced players only….

Tripwire is a knockdown. All you have to do is drop the trap (which is always up until triggered) and stand on it. Any thief that gets close, gets knocked down. If the enemy thief doesn’t SS, they will eat a full rotation of CnD and BS before they get up. Even if cloaked, the trap disappears revealing exactly where you should CnD and BS. If an enemy thief triggers SS, a circle appears so you know not to waste your CnD. Most of the time thieves aren’t that fast on the stun break and you can get off at least the CnD often the followup BS as well. Tripwire is an excellent counter to other thieves. Situational sure but an under-utilized skill in my book.

Most classes have a way to deal with a thief that is willing to fight. Thieves that just want to kill the injured or weak and will run at the first sign of resistance will remain almost unkillable but IMO for decent players those thieves are mostly annoying. That said, I think D/P should get an overhaul to prevent riskless stealth spam.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

Everyone says that the only argue meant thieves have is you need to “L2P”. I will tell you right now, that is an argument, but not the best. Stealth will heal you 234 per second. This healing is less than the regen Condi, or regen dps warrior. Or the guardian. Or the bunker ranger. It isn’t what heals you. The healing skill withdraw is what makes them “burst” heal in stealth. Playing a thief is not easy. It is the average skill level of thieves being higher than any other class.
This is my argument. Thieves need stealth to compensate for the lowest base health and toughness in the game and to make their high damage possible. The stealth mechanic is fundamentally flawed, admit ably, but it is more in favor of the enemy, not the thief. You get some minor healing, but it does not serve as an invulnerability, infact, thief has no invulnerability at all. They get the chance to confuse the enemy for a short amount of time every 3 seconds. Maybe, they can pop off their heal, or prolong stealth, but ultimately movement in stealth is predictable. They will try to get as close as possible and hit you from behind. Timing and proper dodging can immensely reduce a thieves dps. A missed backstab is very bad for a thief. I time 2 seconds, then dodge and run. This usually expires their stealth. Granted I’m a thief so I can always time a Backstab (really confuses other thieves when I CnD off of them while they are in stealth). It is kind of l2p but more of a staying calm problem. People freak out when they lose their target. That is what kills you. When you lose half your health, don’t freak, they will most likely waste a ton of ini on heart seeker which is a fundamentally flawed tactic and they are very easy to kill in this state.
If it is a Condi thief… I just have to say REALLY?!?! You don’t complain this much about Condi warriors, or Condi necros, or Condi rangers. They are all basically as effective, some more, with more applicable condis, and more health regen/Condi clears. It is a problem with you being confused by shadow step and stealth, things that barely change anything. YIU get panicked because you lose sight of your target, that is irrational. It is a matter of remaining calm, not l2p.
My 2 cents.

They neither have the lowest hp nor toughness

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

There is no doubt that ele’s have their own problems but they have other things that compensate for their lack of health/armor, some just need buffed back up since they were nerfed for SPVP. The only thing the thief excels at in this game is being a roamer and that stems from poor class design. Stealth is the only thing that keeps the class afloat and once that’s nerfed into the ground the class needs a complete rework.

I really wanted the thief in this game to be like the trickster in Spellborn. It should have been more about short range teleporting to keep your opponent from landing skills. At most a stealth from a low cooldown utility. You can see they kind of went that direction but instead of fleshing it out they said screw it at tossed stealth on everything.

Thieves don’t have the lowest HP unless they spec full glass. Same as every other class. I have a low stealth thief, and I do just fine. So the evidence is against you. The problem is that most thieves want to have their cake and eat it too – great stealth defense and the ability to gank at will.

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Moderator)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Just put condis on them, thieves die in 3s

ez life ez bags

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just put condis on them, thieves die in 3s

ez life ez bags

^
As a Conditionmancer, the ones that are ballsy enough to take a swing at me are melted before they can restealth.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Hide in shadows cures Bleeding, poison and burning and under stealth if traited into Shadow Arts it cures and regens health.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hide_in_Shadows

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow%27s_Embrace

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow%27s_Rejuvenation

And whoever suggested Shadowstep is a problem lol. It’s a 50s stun breaker and it’s one of our most reliable ways to cleanse conditions against the conditon meta!
Stealth thieves are easy to counter once you realize their patterns, especially when you go up against D/P thieves.

It isn’t that hard really, just L2P as they say..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

this whole thread

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Any thief that gets close, gets knocked down..

Really nice…
What if even the other players looks at the screen and is not so clueless to ignore what s happening?

Simply you either die from range or you keeps waiting while the thief is miles away….

As i said the only counter a thief has is just a Beyond terrible player behind it.

GW2 balance:

God Mode Thieves

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Really nice…
What if even the other players looks at the screen and is not so clueless to ignore what s happening?

Simply you either die from range or you keeps waiting while the thief is miles away….

As i said the only counter a thief has is just a Beyond terrible player behind it.

You do know that the enemy cannot see your traps right? Besides this is ONE way to manage thieves particularly the dangerous kind that want to fight. On my warrior I use Bull’s Charge which is a homing beacon when it doesn’t land and is a near instant kill when it does. On my mesmer… thieves are a joke. I just condi them up and skip around until they die.

Again thieves that troll for easy prey aren’t a problem for skilled players. Thieves that stay and fight have plenty of counters. The problem with thieves that tends to kitten everyone off is the trolling sort and that lives almost entirely in D/P.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]