Gold in WvW

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I know, I know…. nobody who plays WvW does it for the gold and I certainly would never want gold farmers leaving PvE content.

But, at least for me, when playing 6+ hours to help your Servers (not farming) nets you +/-3 gold and you can do 3 gold in +/-40min in PvE I feel that maybe just maybe the gold gain is really screwed. Specially for a game mode where your armor, runes, weapon, consumables and siege equipment matters (so you want to improve them).

I feel that balancing the gold gain it could make far more players get into this game mode, that -in my eyes- is one of the best things the game has to offer.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

I fully agree and need to add letters here

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Think it would be a great idea to reward players with some gold for being able to hold objectives they helped upgrade (or something along those lines). it would be a sorta baseline “participation” reward that encourages not just blobbing and k-training.

Adding an economy portion to WvW would be really interesting I think.. If you hold your keep, your server gains gold! Or tally up the amount of camps you’ve flipped in 15 minutes and that nets you some silver as well.

Ev
[SQD]

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

They are removing the costs of upgrade in less than a month and implementing an automatic upgrading system. That means that anything you spend on WvW will be siege mostly — which, I agree, can be expensive (I loved someone’s idea of just adding more supply to an existing piece of siege to make it superior).

However, any kind of adding incentive/gold/rewards means that people will enter WvW with those expectations and will try to game the system into finding the most efficient way to farm that gold.

The minute you introduce any kind of monetary or prize value to WvW, you’ll get overrun by people who don’t value this aspect of the game, and instead are only there for the “lewt.”

If you’re desperate for gold, as much as I know this is a dirty word — go pve for 40 minutes.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

If rather have reward tracks like pvp myself. Eotm would not count as it is already “rewardIng” (loot wise anyway)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

We have been saying this for 3 years now.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think rewards should be stripped from WvW all together.

Too many players play WvW for the rewards instead of playing the game mode for what it is, and thats open world PvP.

unless I’m the only one who gets snippy that my enemies refuse to fight and never leave the blob that flips empty towers.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Too many players play WvW for the rewards instead of playing the game mode for what it is, and thats open world PvP.

unless I’m the only one who gets snippy that my enemies refuse to fight and never leave the blob that flips empty towers.

Lol who plays wvw for he rewards? There’s nothing you can get in wvw you couldn’t get easier in pve and likely with more of a profit. Also not everyone thinks of wvw as a vast killing ground, some people take great joy in protecting points they worked hard to improve lol.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

WvW is not simply PvP. Granted, there’s many who use it as a surrogate for GvG, but that is not what it was meant for.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Lol who plays wvw for he rewards? There’s nothing you can get in wvw you couldn’t get easier in pve and likely with more of a profit. Also not everyone thinks of wvw as a vast killing ground, some people take great joy in protecting points they worked hard to improve lol.

I’m just assuming due to my enemies never fighting, hiding in towers, running away, only blobbing empty towers, dying once results in map switch, people linking how many embroided bags they have, people boasting WvW rank, groups of people taking out mosquito infestation in EB, commanders killing grubs, commanders zerging the Oakheart, zergs avoiding eachother and so on…. The common denominator here was loot and not the enjoyment of large scale PvP against other players.

In reference to WvW being a large killing grounds, over 3 years the game mode has seen many changes, the first change towards to current K-Train meta was the introduction of siege + golems to the trading post, before then, WvW was a killing grounds involving tactics and long sieges with communities who help fund their pugmanders, badges also had value as siege needed to be bought, siege upgrade books were pricey at the time, golems were a rare sight let alone an omega maybe once a fortnight. Now we have EotM, badges being thrown around like crazy, loot + exp everywhere just because we sneezed on something and the new WvW BL maps.

Yes, I’m a dinosaur.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Commander spoons should fetch 50 silver

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Runes, sigils, foods, certain armors and weapons, are all expensive, and can’t really make up the gold for them unless you follow a zerg around and collect bags from players or lords, even worse if you spend little to no time in pve and all your time in wvw roaming.

Reward tracks for various activities in wvw like a track for camp captures, or tower captures, or player kills etc., would be nice.

Spvp basically has no cost, but they basically have better rewards than wvw from their tracks.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Runes, sigils, foods, certain armors and weapons, are all expensive, and can’t really make up the gold for them unless you follow a zerg around and collect bags from players or lords, even worse if you spend little to no time in pve and all your time in wvw roaming.

Reward tracks for various activities in wvw like a track for camp captures, or tower captures, or player kills etc., would be nice.

Spvp basically has no cost, but they basically have better rewards than wvw from their tracks.

To be fair if you ran around a map in PvE only reviving allies who are downed you wouldn’t be getting a whole lot of loot either.

ArenaNet intended for WvW to be about zerging, not roaming. That’s why the rewards are what they are.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

To be fair if you ran around a map in PvE only reviving allies who are downed you wouldn’t be getting a whole lot of loot either.

ArenaNet intended for WvW to be about zerging, not roaming. That’s why the rewards are what they are.

You would also be bored out of you mind just reviving people which is why people don’t do it in either mode.

Instead they get to run around silverwastes in a chest train, or orr champ train and earn more from there in a day than they would in weeks of wvw.

Anet didn’t intend for zerging, they intended wvw to be about fighting no matter the group size. Do you really think they expected players to just throw up 1 tag on a map and have a map queue follow them?

Also they expected most wvw players would be heavily into pve, even their president said so, that’s why rewards were mostly from pve activities, even spvp rewards got revamped.

P.S the people who are afraid of handing out more rewards just don’t want to attract players into wvw for the rewards. Frankly wvw has been dying, populations are slowly draining or moving up in tiers, megaservers hurt wvw as well. Only way you’re going to get new players into wvw is attracting them from the pve side with shinies, like better rewards and tournaments.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

I, too, do not want to see any gold farmers in WvW.

Instead of increasing gold rewards change the loot tables to contain WvW centric items. That will keep the Excel sheet optimizing, 8 hours a day gold farmers in Silverwastes/dungeons where they belong.

Currently the WvW loot tables are, if not broken, ill-suited.

I think I looted 1 blueprint whole last week. Instead I got hundreds of: useless weapons, useless armor pieces, commander spoons, even honest grey junk and whatnot. These are the things I would expect only role players to excited about.

The current WvW loot is nothing but a chore to turn into gold.

Add to the insult is the Trading Post Sell Items UI. You know with the lack of bulk sell option and “wait few minutes before trying to sell” messages.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

As an almost pure WvW player, (besides some PvP the last month or two) not doing any PvE gold farming, my account wealth compared to the playtime is lower than 98.5% of the other players, according to gw2 efficiency.

I guess that says all about money reward in WvW.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

But… there aren’t any rewards…

Gold in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

was thinking yesterday why our loot bags dont have better chance on T6 mats, the chance is horrible farming events on cursed shore nets me sometimes more lootbags in shorter time then WvW even tho im on T1 server atm..

not to mention the cursed shore bags (didnt test this) seem to give T6 mats ALOT more often..

Removing the god kitten limit on the TP / Auction house / whatever u call it, would help me also nowadays im so lazy i just crush every single armor/weapon i get cus after 7/8 insta sells u cant sell a kitten anymore for next 30s and then the limit kicks in so quick constantly its irritating as kitten.

or reward track system like sPvP has
tower cap is X point blabalaabal player kill is 1 point <- that is most important and double kills dont count as 2 kills just so people wont go exploit it tadam.