Gold league ending results, speculations!!

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

So with the current standings and basing my calculations on my best guess and how the servers are currently playing… I’ve come up with this as one of the possible outcomes for the ending of the first league.

IF JQ beats BG this week I see the following a possibility.

Going into week 6
– JQ at 21… Ending +5 = 26

- BG at 23… Ending +5 = 28

Going into week 7
- JQ at 26… Ending +5 = 31

- BG at 28… Ending +3 = 31

Thus having a tie for 1st place and both JQ and BG taking home the gold. That’s only if JQ wins this week and only if they beat BG in the final week. If JQ loses to BG this week or the last week, then BG takes 1st alone and JQ takes 2nd.

Both outcomes have the likelihood of SoR and TC in a tie for either 2nd(if BG/JQ tie) or 3rd(if BG wins alone). Based on what happens this week.

Now that’s just my best guess and I’m definitely not a mathematician by my means and my calculations are fueled my Nos and coffee mixed with my best judgement and observations. :-)

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Astro Syd.8570

Astro Syd.8570

I think that the first place will be decided this week from the match between BG and JQ.

If JQ wins this week, I don’t see a tie happening in the last match… probably both JQ and SoR will decide that teaming up is the best solution and try to push BG in third position.

If JQ loses this week, I see SoR focusing on finishing in second place in week 6 (that is with JQ and TC so can become very important) and in week 7 try to not finish last, to avoid a tie with TC.

Another thing that SoR can do to avoid a tie is pushing TC in third place directly this week, so they don’t have to worry about the last 2 matches.

My predictions are:

1. JQ
2. BG
3. SoR
4. TC

or

1. BG
2. JQ
3. SoR
4. TC

Freya Skuldottir
Gaiscioch na Rall [GSCH]
Sanctum Of Rall

(edited by Astro Syd.8570)

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

I think the best part about having BG/JQ tie is It would most likely end with SoR/TC in a tie for 2nd thus giving SOS or mag 3rd… Letting both BG/JQ get first place prizes, SoR/TC second place prIzes and mag or SOS 3rd… Everyone wins and more servers get rewarded.

If JQ wins this week there’s no way that BG would get beaten out and take 3rd on the last week over SoR. So that being said and staying with JQ winning this week that would mean BG/JQ tie for first.(which isn’t a bad thing tbh, above reasons)

BUT, the biggest kicker here… Is does SoR want to try to knock JQ out of 2nd by teaming up with TC during week 6 and then with BG week 7 giving BG 1st, SoR 2nd and a tie with JQ/TC for 3rd… That would be interesting to see pan out. I think if BG wins this week that that’s a real possibility.

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

You have an issue with the way ranking people in a competition is done.
If there is a tie at first place, the next ranked one is third, absolutely not second.
To get it simple, your place is determined by adding one to the number of people that did strictly better than you.

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

If there is a tie at first place, the next ranked one is third, absolutely not second.
To get it simple, your place is determined by adding one to the number of people that did strictly better than you.

Ah ok, so if JQ/BG tie for first then the next spot would go to someone in 3rd and no one would get 2nd? Is that what your saying? If that is what you’re saying happens, that sucks, but would also mean that if that’s the case then SoR definitely would not want a tie between BG/JQ. So that being said then you can almost guarantee SoR would team up with BG in week 7 to secure a tie for second(as long as SoR beats JQ in week 6) with JQ. Let’s face it, if you’re getting rewards for your rank you’re going to want to rank as high as possible and do so by any means. Interesting…

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Often in tournaments if there’s two teams at the top and two teams at the second tier, then they give two first place awards and two third place awards. At least, that’s how I would do it.

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

Often in tournaments if there’s two teams at the top and two teams at the second tier, then they give two first place awards and two third place awards. At least, that’s how I would do it.

Ah well that sucks lol. It would’ve been pretty cool to have a tie for all spots letting 6 servers get rewards for their work :-/

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Courtesy of my Google-uberness, from the 1928 Winter Olympics: “Two gold medals, no silver medals and three bronze medals were awarded in the men’s 500 metres speed skating event as a result of a two-way tie for first place and three-way tie for third place.”

There ya go.

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

BUT, the biggest kicker here… Is does SoR want to try to knock JQ out of 2nd by teaming up with TC during week 6 and then with BG week 7 giving BG 1st, SoR 2nd and a tie with JQ/TC for 3rd… That would be interesting to see pan out. I think if BG wins this week that that’s a real possibility.

That’s extremely unlikely given the history of SoR and TC. While SoR as a whole probably aren’t huge fans of JQ, they spent the past three weeks being stomped by BG. At best they would be neutral in the final match. I highly doubt however that they would do anything that could remotely be seen as assisting BG in getting first.

TC, on the other hand, has fairly consistently not played that sort of game. They go after objectives heedless of map politics… If another team helps them acquire that objective, they will gladly accept the assistance, but by no means does that imply loyalty for the rest of the match. Heck, it doesn’t even imply loyalty for the rest of the tick.

So. The first two possibilities are the most likely. Despite some misgivings about a certain SoS guild that shall remain nameless, this week has been filled with tough and interesting fights b/t JQ and BG. I’m having a ball this week and look forward to the final week as well!

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in WvW

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

what makes you think BG is going to loose they haven’t lost yet?

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

JQ closed a 4k gap and built a 4k lead in one day, for one thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

JQ had the stronger weekend presence. Have you seen the scores lately? BG has had a constant 350+ PPT all morning and usually has a very strong weekday presence. I’d say wait until at least tomorrow before make any predictions. You can’t judge anyone by the first few days; especially if its a weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Maguuma will resurge and pull out a first-place victory every week until the end of the season, taking their birthright as #1 PPT server NA. Calling it right now. It’s 100% definitely probably going to maybe happen.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Unfortunately I don’t see Maguuma and SoS tying unless Maguuma brings back it’s tryhard efforts from the preseason and week 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Ah ok, so if JQ/BG tie for first then the next spot would go to someone in 3rd and no one would get 2nd? Is that what your saying? If that is what you’re saying happens, that sucks, but would also mean that if that’s the case then SoR definitely would not want a tie between BG/JQ. So that being said then you can almost guarantee SoR would team up with BG in week 7 to secure a tie for second(as long as SoR beats JQ in week 6) with JQ. Let’s face it, if you’re getting rewards for your rank you’re going to want to rank as high as possible and do so by any means. Interesting…

Do you know much about the BG/SoR history? We pretty much hate BG. Go look at the SoR/BG/SoS thread… Also people I talked to preferred to help JQ win over BG. I only speak for myself but I don’t care about the rewards for seasons. Some may agree some may not.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

but BG is leading

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

Result is meaningless unless each team has spent an equal time as GREEN.

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Sea of Sorrow! Blackgate need your help double team Jade Quarry! We will help you double team Maguma next week! #Magswag

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Result is meaningless unless each team has spent an equal time as GREEN.

How so?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

we just closed the gap and made it even wider this morning pulling away at around i think 8k ahead of JQ atm… just getting off so well see what happens tonight :P i do know we took hills wp from JQ, started talking about tacos and fast food and everyone got hungry and started logging, then they took paper hills back lmao, was pretty funny :P

in WvW

Posted by: azrael.5913

azrael.5913

It’s nice to see you got a trilled 1ste league. In Europe it was already over in 1ste week. :’(

Hope they change it a bit for 2de league. Because it wil always be the same over and over and over ….
No server can win against French zombies

(edited by azrael.5913)

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

BG first.
Nothing else matters.
Season done.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

My guess is that no one really cares about the final results for gold except for BG and JQ. Personally, I am just looking forward to the league being over. Let T1 fight by themselves and we can finally see the good T2-T3 matchups between TC, Mag, SoS, FA, SBI, and yaks.

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

bg going to win season

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m on BG and I personally don’t care for the rewards since they’ll likely be just as good as the achievement chests from completing some of the achievements. What I do care about is that we still get some good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Do you know much about the BG/SoR history? We pretty much hate BG. Go look at the SoR/BG/SoS thread… Also people I talked to preferred to help JQ win over BG. I only speak for myself but I don’t care about the rewards for seasons. Some may agree some may not.

I’m on SoS and I agree with most of my server. I would prefer to help JQ over BG since BG has been acting like a bunch of deuches since the start of seaon1.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I think that the first place will be decided this week from the match between BG and JQ.

If JQ wins this week, I don’t see a tie happening in the last match… probably both JQ and SoR will decide that teaming up is the best solution and try to push BG in third position.

If JQ loses this week, I see SoR focusing on finishing in second place in week 6 (that is with JQ and TC so can become very important) and in week 7 try to not finish last, to avoid a tie with TC.

Another thing that SoR can do to avoid a tie is pushing TC in third place directly this week, so they don’t have to worry about the last 2 matches.

My predictions are:

1. JQ
2. BG
3. SoR
4. TC

or

1. BG
2. JQ
3. SoR
4. TC

There are only two things to take into consideration here.

1) SoR doesnt care.
2) SoR would love to see all that gold of BG’s waisted by focusing them down in a JQ, SoR, BG matchup.

But ultimately see 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Add to that BG’s first win was decided by SoR playing Kingmaker. Question is, what are you going to do about it in the next match?

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

I’m on SoS and I agree with most of my server. I would prefer to help JQ over BG since BG has been acting like a bunch of deuches since the start of seaon1.

thats the only thing i dont like hearing people say. I dont know where it all came from but ppl saying that about BG bums me out. But a few rotten eggs always spoil the bunch and im sure there was some idiots talking from BG…

ive actually been trying to help people from other servers when ive gone in. If im on the ruins i try to help constant cap them so ppl can finish their AP if they need it, same with the sentries making rounds and taking turns flipping them, etc etc… the only time ive ever fought someone is if theyve made the mistake of attacking me first Im always down for some good fights and duels but atleast have some respect :P just type /e your words here, to communicate :P

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

thats the only thing i dont like hearing people say. I dont know where it all came from but ppl saying that about BG bums me out. But a few rotten eggs always spoil the bunch and im sure there was some idiots talking from BG…

ive actually been trying to help people from other servers when ive gone in. If im on the ruins i try to help constant cap them so ppl can finish their AP if they need it, same with the sentries making rounds and taking turns flipping them, etc etc… the only time ive ever fought someone is if theyve made the mistake of attacking me first Im always down for some good fights and duels but atleast have some respect :P just type /e your words here, to communicate :P

Spawn camping a complete minority with a bunch of siege in their own BL. That isn’t good PR. Moving a 30+ man zerg to crush 1 dude trying to get his dolyak achieve in his own BL isn’t good PR. Having a small zerg camping in the JP in someones BL isn’t good PR. A group of 10 kept on ROFL Stomping me in the ruins on my own BL while I was trying to get the achieves. I actually had to go to JQ you get them. These are just a few examples of what people from your server did you ruin your rep.

In our fight with JQ and Mag, JQ actually helped us get a karma train going so that people could get their achieves and have a little fun. That is good PR. Several of them were actually courteous enough to allow me to do the JP in their own BL. I though that was very nice of them. Most of the time their zerg doesn’t go out of their way to steamroll 1 guy. You actually have to be in their way.

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

Spawn camping a complete minority with a bunch of siege in their own BL. That isn’t good PR. Moving a 30+ man zerg to crush 1 dude trying to get his dolyak achieve in his own BL isn’t good PR. Having a small zerg camping in the JP in someones BL isn’t good PR. A group of 10 kept on ROFL Stomping me in the ruins on my own BL while I was trying to get the achieves. I actually had to go to JQ you get them. These are just a few examples of what people from your server did you ruin your rep.

In our fight with JQ and Mag, JQ actually helped us get a karma train going so that people could get their achieves and have a little fun. That is good PR. Several of them were actually courteous enough to allow me to do the JP in their own BL. I though that was very nice of them. Most of the time their zerg doesn’t go out of their way to steamroll 1 guy. You actually have to be in their way.

Like i said, dont let a few bad eggs ruin the rest. I wish i knew the necros name that i did my ruins AP with but we just kept swapping in and out the same ruin until we finished, well almost finished the AP. We also had multiple ppl from both our servers come over and join us. Those who didnt listen to stop fighting we let die lol. Before we got ran out of there by the JQ. There was also idiots camping anyone from doing their JP AP on multiple maps from multiple servers… but those idiots are just that, idiots. If i see someone chasing down a yak ive let them be, same with sentries like is stated.

Maybe im not on during “prime time”, 12am cst- 6 am cst, on monday and tues nights. but ive never seen us, BG, hace a 30+ man zerg unless it was in EB. Every map ive been on so far weve had about 15-25(tops) vs 40+.

Ive also run across the idiots mindlessly killing and running around, also from my server. Try talking to them with no response, they just see an enemy and must kill! lol Seriously, idiots are idiots, theyre everywhere even in RL. If you need ruins or yaks or sentries, hit me up tonight, ill give you a hand and run around with ya :P help you flip sentries and take turns for ya.

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Add to that BG’s first win was decided by SoR playing Kingmaker. Question is, what are you going to do about it in the next match?

how will SOR be a kingmaker?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

lol well sorry about playing WvW while you are getting your achievements, you know maybe there should be some diplomatic immunity you can toggle saying “I just want achievements” I know in the last week let’s all stop playing and let the PvE guys get their achievements! that sounds like a good idea! cause I mean if we get bad PR from playing normal WvW then hey why play in the first place? BG and SoR had a Karma train going too btw..

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

lol well sorry about playing WvW while you are getting your achievements, you know maybe there should be some diplomatic immunity you can toggle saying “I just want achievements” I know in the last week let’s all stop playing and let the PvE guys get their achievements! that sounds like a good idea! cause I mean if we get bad PR from playing normal WvW then hey why play in the first place? BG and SoR had a Karma train going too btw..

I am mainly a WvW player, I don’t like PvE and only grinded out the achieves cause it’s what is needed to get the chest at the end. All I am saying is that BG hs been a huge pain in the kitten compared to the other servers we have played. Spawn camping is deuchy, even if it was members of my own serv doing it. Taking a zerg into a detour to chase down 1 guy is deuchy, even if it was my server doing it and you can’t get any lower than camping a JP. I’m sorry if you feel offended by my words but I believe there is such a thing as respect between enemies and that WvW should have some degree of sportsmanship, I just haven’t seen any coming from you guys.

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

I am mainly a WvW player, I don’t like PvE and only grinded out the achieves cause it’s what is needed to get the chest at the end. All I am saying is that BG hs been a huge pain in the kitten compared to the other servers we have played. Spawn camping is deuchy, even if it was members of my own serv doing it. Taking a zerg into a detour to chase down 1 guy is deuchy, even if it was my server doing it and you can’t get any lower than camping a JP. I’m sorry if you feel offended by my words but I believe there is such a thing as respect between enemies and that WvW should have some degree of sportsmanship, I just haven’t seen any coming from you guys.

Then youve seen only a minority of the kitten hats from BG. Every server has them, even yours. I have yet to be on a zerg that changes course to chase down 1 person, nor have i been in or heard of any spawn camping but hey like i said above…

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Because SoS wasn’t spawn camping and breaking the karma train…. Oh wait.

In your defence, your spawn camp probably wasn’t ever as thorough as any BG could pull off. But what goes around comes around.

in WvW

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

JQ faces BG 3 times, SOR faces BG 5 times… great system

BOON Control

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

I’m on BG and I personally don’t care for the rewards since they’ll likely be just as good as the achievement chests from completing some of the achievements. What I do care about is that we still get some good fights.

Good luck with that. Your server just bought everything that moves.

in WvW

nerovergil.5408

Funny when they lose to Blackgate they said league doesnt matter or don’t care about the kitten result

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Funny when they lose to Blackgate they said league doesnt matter or don’t care about the kitten result

That is why Waha and JQ went out of their way spending “40k” gold to buy GD, MERC, WvW, TKG, NS, Agg etc ;p cuz they don’t care bro!

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

That is why Waha and JQ went out of their way spending “40k” gold to buy GD, MERC, WvW, TKG, NS, Agg etc ;p cuz they don’t care bro!

That’s propaganda, and you know it.

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

That’s propaganda, and you know it.

I know for a fact MERC members received about 50g each member (as stated on officials by Tarkus) and I assume the other guilds got similar if not more as from what I heard from my guild mates who moved was the last of JQ’s transfer cache which is why it was lesser (GD, WvW, TKG, NS, Agg had already transferred).

About 120 MERC moved (correct me if i’m wrong) = 6000g

I used “40k” in inverted commas because I in fact don’t know how much they spent all I heard was suddenly JQ had money to burn, this was a big worry for us in BG going into the leagues and the guilds that transferred to JQ such as those mentioned above was a big blow and worry for BG. The " " for this purpose denotes a large sum of funds.

Remember taking MERC + TKG from BG didn’t only add to JQ’s Oc + SEA it also detracted from BG’s which makes this win a bigger middle finger to JQ tbh.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

If BG wins this week, the only way to stop them winning the league would be a massive transfer of JQ/SoR guilds into Mag/SoS for the week 6 match to somehow push BG to third for that week.

Then they would have to transfer back to 2v1 BG in week 7.

(edited by Lifewaster.5912)

in WvW

nerovergil.5408

If BG wins this week, the only way to stop them winning the league would be a massive transfer of JQ/SoR guilds into Mag/SoS for the week 6 match to somehow push BG to third for that week.

That tryhard level is over 9000…I’ll Lol so hard if they fail

in WvW

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

JQ/SoR guilds transferring into Mag/SoS is possible but it would cost a lot of gold to transfer off and transfer back. JQ has already spent a lot of gold buying GD, MERC, WvW, TKG, NS, Agg before seasons starts so their funds might be depleted. (Unless these guilds refund JQ Waha since they have failed to win).

BG, in comparison lost guilds like SUPR, MERC, TKG before seasons and only received ZDs guild who spend 3k gold of their own to transfer. (MERC, TKG moved from BG to JQ btw).

A lot of people from JQ, SoR are upset and shocked for their loss and will likely take “permanent vacation” from game and not transfer to Mag/SoS.

If they do transfer, my body is ready

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

If JQ/SoR could transfer enough players to Mag/SoS to make BG take second or even third in week six, it would be the most spectacular logistical and strategic feat ever seen in GW2.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

If JQ/SoR could transfer enough players to Mag/SoS to make BG take second or even third in week six, it would be the most spectacular logistical and strategic feat ever seen in GW2.

if we win this week at most the lowest we can get if TC wins 3 times is tied with them for second place xD

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

That sounds alot like match manipulation to me.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lemrish.5970

Lemrish.5970

JQ/SoR guilds transferring into Mag/SoS is possible but it would cost a lot of gold to transfer off and transfer back. JQ has already spent a lot of gold buying GD, MERC, WvW, TKG, NS, Agg before seasons starts so their funds might be depleted. (Unless these guilds refund JQ Waha since they have failed to win).

BG, in comparison lost guilds like SUPR, MERC, TKG before seasons and only received ZDs guild who spend 3k gold of their own to transfer. (MERC, TKG moved from BG to JQ btw).

A lot of people from JQ, SoR are upset and shocked for their loss and will likely take “permanent vacation” from game and not transfer to Mag/SoS.

If they do transfer, my body is ready

This kid gets it

Trolled SoR to Tier 7
Click on my post history for tips on trolling kthnxbai

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So look at the rewards and tell me how it matters?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro