Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

I can still say, I’d like to see more events in WvW. Something to spice up WvW which can get a little stale or boring. Just not… super golem week.

If golems would cost half the supplies instead of no supplies and the damage bonus wouldn’t exist, golem rush would be fun…but someone liked the idea of ktrain 24/7.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

Are they really that scared of the forum? Someone from the wvw team…. anyone.. hello….

in WvW

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

Nothing has brought me closer to quitting GW2 than this terrible event.
I certainly won’t be buying HoT now, I can’t be the only one.

The whole thing (and Anet response) is an insult to people who play WvW every week and have made the game mode what it is.

Bye Felicia.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

The whole thing (and Anet response) is an insult to people who play WvW every week and have made the game mode what it is.

I’m not really insulted so please speak for yourself.. I play every day, not every week, and even played every day during this boring event. Some how, unlike many, I found ways to make it fun..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Qazmodon.1823

Qazmodon.1823

anet please don’t let guys from marketing touch the buttons in their spare time in the future kk pls n ty

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

I don’t have to buy HoT to play WvW when it comes out, not intrested in the revenant so that’s 35 pound i just saved and i was thinking of buying it but this event has made me realise Anet do not deserve money from me, as a harcore wvw’r the complete lack of interaction with the community and the total and utter lack of respect of said community is quite frankly bloody disgusting.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Yup a week of no fun,

Really really really out of touch with their customers.

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

I’m not really insulted so please speak for yourself.. I play every day, not every week, and even played every day during this boring event. Some how, unlike many, I found ways to make it fun..

I am speaking for myself and the people I know in wvw.
I’m in a guild that raids every night, and every one in it agrees that this event is the most stupid thing they’ve seen in GW2.
Also my server is very dead this week, a lot of guys from other guilds I’ve talked to hate it as much as I do.

I know though that some people enjoy it.
In our current match up we’re up against a server that’s renowned for back capping everything and avoiding fights, its heaven to them.
So I guess what type of server/guild you’re in is really going to determine if you think this week has been a good idea or not.

You can’t deny though that a majority of commenters on this forum really dislike it.

in WvW

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Idk I found it pretty fun at least it’s something different

in WvW

illenos.5134

So I guess what type of server/guild you’re in is really going to determine if you think this week has been a good idea or not.

My server is going wild on this event because they want to farm their little heart out like good karma zombies do. It’s disgusting to see a once top server losing more and more quality. They can’t win an even fight but it seems like no one can beat them in this ktrain golem game.

At the same time there is also my guild and a lot of other roamers who are sitting around, playing other games for this week or try to find enemies who are not using this exploit…boring as hell!

kitten!

in WvW

aspirine.5839

Yesterday evening I gave it another go. Only to find out about 50% of the players from other servers are running around with the still not fixed buff bug.

Since when is it a good idea to start a new event and then not look at if for the entire week Anet…..

in WvW

Posted by: DerMannY.3218

DerMannY.3218

I don’t really understand your complains. I know it is somewhat ktrainy, but on riverside we still managed to get several waypoints in stonemist, held the waypoint all week long in the mf eb, all that stuff. We even managed to get 3 wp in homelands. And not just building at night, also during the day. So it’s not just the even, the reason you have no fun in WvW this week, is becasue you are whining, that things can change. Ist it really so bad, that they want to spice it up. That they want to change it. Yes, i hardflamed anet at the start of the event too, i hated it with all my heart. But now, at the end of the week i have to say it was a perfect training in defending keeps and stuff!

And btw, if you dont play you should really not flame the event, cause then you dont know it and have nothing to say to it.

Haters gonna hate…

in WvW

Posted by: DerMannY.3218

DerMannY.3218

Oh, something i forgot. Get your frickin disablers and win the outnumbered fights! Its so easy! Just dont talk trash if you dont play.

in WvW

illenos.5134

I know it is somewhat ktrainy, but on riverside we still managed to get several waypoints in stonemist, held the waypoint all week long in the mf eb, all that stuff. We even managed to get 3 wp in homelands.

Yeah with almost perma queue on EB, at least two queues for the duration of the primetime…the karma zombies have risen! xD

kitten!

in WvW

aspirine.5839

I don’t really understand your complains. I know it is somewhat ktrainy, but on riverside we still managed to get several waypoints in stonemist, held the waypoint all week long in the mf eb, all that stuff. We even managed to get 3 wp in homelands. And not just building at night, also during the day. So it’s not just the even, the reason you have no fun in WvW this week, is becasue you are whining, that things can change. Ist it really so bad, that they want to spice it up. That they want to change it. Yes, i hardflamed anet at the start of the event too, i hated it with all my heart. But now, at the end of the week i have to say it was a perfect training in defending keeps and stuff!

And btw, if you dont play you should really not flame the event, cause then you dont know it and have nothing to say to it.

Haters gonna hate…

Riverside is a german blob server, Ktrain experts without having beteer words for it. Of course your server likes it.

in WvW

briggah.7910

You can’t deny though that a majority of commenters on this forum really dislike it.

I think the event is boring since there is rarely any fights but you can’t say just use the forums and judge it on that seeing as there are tons of people running around in golems..

If the majority of people in wvw hated it you wouldn’t be seeing golems still running around. Now people can go on and say those are all PVE’ers running around in golems, and most may be, but if they are having fun I’m sure they will come back even after the event.

I’ve seen lots of new faces actually asking questions about what builds they should be running around with which makes me think they will be here after this event is over.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

https://youtu.be/kpyw_IP33QY

Probably the most fun I had during this entire event.. So many golems went BOOM!!

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Probably the most fun I had during this entire event.. So many golems went BOOM!!

Wow, that’s gotta be the longest I’ve seen anyone stay on oil before.

Why not pack some reflects? Also, I think shelter’s going to be a lot better against those golems. “Retreat” isn’t going to help much against the golem’s multi-hit attacks.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing. It is tough to be melee this week. =p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Woah that looks like a blast!

in WvW

HitmanHaydon.1053

I think the event is boring since there is rarely any fights but you can’t say just use the forums and judge it on that seeing as there are tons of people running around in golems..

If the majority of people in wvw hated it you wouldn’t be seeing golems still running around. Now people can go on and say those are all PVE’ers running around in golems, and most may be, but if they are having fun I’m sure they will come back even after the event.

I’ve seen lots of new faces actually asking questions about what builds they should be running around with which makes me think they will be here after this event is over.

I didn’t say ‘use the forums to judge it’ , I said that a majority of posters seem to strongly dislike it.

And I completely disagree about the bringing in new people.
Most will probably either get bored or die very quickly in a normal WvW week if their only experience is running around in a golem k-train.

If you want to get new blood in you need to do something that enhances actual WvW (e.g. better rewards), not a gimmick week that totally perverts normal playing conditions.

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

If you want to get new blood in you need to do something that enhances actual WvW (e.g. better rewards), not a gimmick week that totally perverts normal playing conditions.

Sorry, just have to pull you up on this comment. I think rewards are the furthest thing from being a good way to enhance actual WvW. It is presicely because of better rewards that you have mindless zerg trains in the first place.

If you want to enhance WvW, you need to find a way to make the various activities worth while and fun to do. Rewards are all very well and good, but it is human nature to find the path of least resistance. As soon as a group of players finds the fastest and easiest way to get loot, that is all they will do for hours on end.

In my opinion they should remove PvE rewards from WvW completely, so no karma and no gold. You should only get badges, XP and WXP, then add more vender items for WvW players to buy with badges. Then make objectives more fun and more important.

I’m not saying I know how to do this or what the right answer is, but I do know that rewards are not right answer to anything. Loot should be a bonus, not the goal. The reward should be in the fun of playing.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Why not pack some reflects? Also, I think shelter’s going to be a lot better against those golems. “Retreat” isn’t going to help much against the golem’s multi-hit attacks.

Haha that oil did its job though. As for reflects and shelter I never really use it on this build. I have another guardian that I been messing around with other builds but this guy is support/tanky and I try my best to never use my heal. Might actually try it though because shelter is good for all the blocks.

I’ve got over 3k hours with this build or well a newer version of this build so I’m so used to running these utilities. Some people poke fun at me cause I don’t run stability but I never relied on it much so I didn’t see the stab changes as becoming game breaking like some did.

I haven’t even played my guardian in some time as I been running around on a new full zerker staff ele but since this event I came to find out that full zerker is not good against golems hehe

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

I didn’t say ‘use the forums to judge it’ , I said that a majority of posters seem to strongly dislike it.

Most will probably either get bored or die very quickly in a normal WvW week if their only experience is running around in a golem k-train.

Correct you didn’t say that but in a way you are using the forums. I bet the majority of people that liked this event haven’t even come here to post about it.

You can disagree all you want about getting new players but if you accept the new players and show them that you can have fun without golems they will stick around.

I seen several people say pve’ers are the ones running around in golems, which might be true, but let them pve’ers have fun and like I pointed out if you show them fun after the event I’m sure they will stick around.. If you keep looking at them as just “pve’ers” well they sure won’t want to stick around.

Also I don’t mean you as you personally. Just I read other forums as well and the amount of people poking fun at pve’ers isn’t going to keep those pve’ers in wvw.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

It was fun till they decided they were not going to take our keep and gave up

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Haha that oil did its job though. As for reflects and shelter I never really use it on this build. I have another guardian that I been messing around with other builds but this guy is support/tanky and I try my best to never use my heal. Might actually try it though because shelter is good for all the blocks.

I’ve got over 3k hours with this build or well a newer version of this build so I’m so used to running these utilities. Some people poke fun at me cause I don’t run stability but I never relied on it much so I didn’t see the stab changes as becoming game breaking like some did.

I haven’t even played my guardian in some time as I been running around on a new full zerker staff ele but since this event I came to find out that full zerker is not good against golems hehe

Well, you might want to check out the new “Recieve the Light” heal then. You should also be able to get stability easy these days through indomitable courage. These are just ideas of course; I have no idea how your setup works, as long as you stay up I guess it’s all good. Although isn’t SY! kinda killer with all those condis running around?

But hey, given how this week is going, as long as you have fun…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Wow. Take a look at the MUs so far. Riverside, Drakkar, Miller’s…seems like some guys know how to start a blitzkrieg.

kitten!

in WvW

briggah.7910

Well, you might want to check out the new “Recieve the Light” heal then. You should also be able to get stability easy these days through indomitable courage. These are just ideas of course; I have no idea how your setup works, as long as you stay up I guess it’s all good. Although isn’t SY! kinda killer with all those condis running around?

But hey, given how this week is going, as long as you have fun…

I’ll look into them other skills. Always down to try out new things. So far they way I built this guy I do good in almost every situation. Now I don’t win many 1vs1 but not really built for it but usually since I can take tons of hits someone else usually jumps in or the other just runs away. So in the end I’m still standing I’ll say 50% of 1vs1. I prefer mesmer or ele for 1vs1 and smaller fights.

Not sure I can live without save yourself. Its a good cleanse for others and also a stun breaker. I also use that and retreat to keep my swiftness up to move around faster

Few more days of this event and then I can go back to roaming. Although it did bring me back to my guardian again which I seemed to have been ignoring for awhile. Will probably play him some more now and try out some of your suggestions.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

HitmanHaydon.1053

Correct you didn’t say that but in a way you are using the forums. I bet the majority of people that liked this event haven’t even come here to post about it.

You can disagree all you want about getting new players but if you accept the new players and show them that you can have fun without golems they will stick around.

I seen several people say pve’ers are the ones running around in golems, which might be true, but let them pve’ers have fun and like I pointed out if you show them fun after the event I’m sure they will stick around.. If you keep looking at them as just “pve’ers” well they sure won’t want to stick around.

Also I don’t mean you as you personally. Just I read other forums as well and the amount of people poking fun at pve’ers isn’t going to keep those pve’ers in wvw.

Maybe this is varying form match up to match up, but I’m not seeing these new players anyway.
In our current MU we have one server that PvD k-trains and avoids fights anyway, they just have their normal guilds out.
The other two servers are dead.

I can only go on what I see, but there is NOTHING positive to be taken form this week.
Only lots of negativity and resentment toward ANet.

(edited by HitmanHaydon.1053)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Farmers dont stick around after the farm has ended. If its being played as if it is a farm then its very likely that is how it is perceived by those doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

About 10 seconds in you get to see Anet’s reaction to the Golem event
https://youtu.be/lt9yxcFm2rU

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

briggah.7910

Farmers dont stick around after the farm has ended. If its being played as if it is a farm then its very likely that is how it is perceived by those doing it.

Main reason it is a farm event is because many have chosen not to defend or upgrade.

It took us a few days of this event for people to get bored and go back to defending and upgrading. We got a wp in our keep after a few days into this event but once people saw that wp, we got one in our keep everyday so far. Maybe its cause the other servers have just given up but we still are at least trying to defend and upgrade our side.

Most would rather k-train during this event and tbh when there are no fights you either k-train or not play.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

briggah.7910

I can only go on what I see, but there is NOTHING positive to be taken form this week.
Only lots of negativity and resentment toward ANet.

Well didn’t take this event to see negativity and resentment towards anet.. Every since I started to come here I have seen it.

If anything I spent more time on these forums then actually playing this week. Only few more days.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

briggah.7910

Not worth the gems IMO.. Funny though lol

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

illenos.5134

Shut up and take my money! Do I also get a special “Josh the Golemancer”-finisher?

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Main reason it is a farm event is because many have chosen not to defend or upgrade.

It took us a few days of this event for people to get bored and go back to defending and upgrading. We got a wp in our keep after a few days into this event but once people saw that wp, we got one in our keep everyday so far. Maybe its cause the other servers have just given up but we still are at least trying to defend and upgrade our side.

Most would rather k-train during this event and tbh when there are no fights you either k-train or not play.

Right, but if non WvWers are being enticed into WvW for the farm, participating only, or primarily, for the farm, then retaining them in any significant numbers after the farm is over is unlikely.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Closing in on a thousand comments and not a single one is from Anet…. GG

in WvW

illenos.5134

Closing in on a thousand comments and not a single one is from Anet…. GG

I hope Josh is doing well. Not a single post regarding his event. Could anybody look after him?

kitten!

in WvW

Puck.9612

Lol we finally get a post on the WvW forum and it’s to tell us not to post in the other forums and to lock the thread. GG

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

GG anet you overdid yourself.
Sometimes I wonder if you are actually trying to make WvWvW worse

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

It was fun till they decided they were not going to take our keep and gave up

Because you know… Dragonbrand.

/snicker

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Wow…gg Anet…G kittenING G! That’s one of the most pathetic actions I’ve ever experienced in 14 years of mmos from a dev team…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Dev-Paperchase/first#post5312693

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Wow…gg Anet…G kittenING G! That’s one of the most pathetic actions I’ve ever experienced in 14 years of mmos from a dev team…

He’s not a dev hon. He’s forum/web only.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

illenos.5134

Yeah. This makes it much better. The first red tag thingy post and it’s somewhat pathetic. Let other guys talk to us but don’t even bother to take care. I understand it when our forum specialist can’t do anything about it but Mark could do a little bit more than “kitten you! Leave us alone!”.

kitten!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yeah. This makes it much better. The first red tag thingy post and it’s somewhat pathetic. Let other guys talk to us but don’t even bother to take care. I understand it when our forum specialist can’t do anything about it but Mark could do a little bit more than “kitten you! Leave us alone!”.

We reached this kind of impasse when they decided to eliminate weekly match threads.

I’d hate for them to get utterly tired of the vitriol and remove any form of communication whatsoever.

It’s ok to be frustrated by the past week. I was. I found it annoying and shared my pov here many times this past week. But at the end of the day, it is their company, they can do what they want — and if being angry and yelling isn’t getting anywhere with the devs, maybe it’s time to try another approach? Just suggestin’.

xox

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Sorry, just have to pull you up on this comment. I think rewards are the furthest thing from being a good way to enhance actual WvW. It is presicely because of better rewards that you have mindless zerg trains in the first place.

If you want to enhance WvW, you need to find a way to make the various activities worth while and fun to do. Rewards are all very well and good, but it is human nature to find the path of least resistance. As soon as a group of players finds the fastest and easiest way to get loot, that is all they will do for hours on end.

In my opinion they should remove PvE rewards from WvW completely, so no karma and no gold. You should only get badges, XP and WXP, then add more vender items for WvW players to buy with badges. Then make objectives more fun and more important.

I understand the sentiment but its not really feasible given the sheer number of things that need to be brought via the TP etc that are necessary for WvW. As a number of people said if we could actually earn reasonable amounts of gold via WvW I’d spend all my time in WvW and PvP and none in PvE.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Puck.9612

We reached this kind of impasse when they decided to eliminate weekly match threads.

I’d hate for them to get utterly tired of the vitriol and remove any form of communication whatsoever.

What would be the difference?

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

I’ve given up this week and lost a lot of faith in ANet. Definitely not purchasing HoT

in WvW

Jayne.9251

What would be the difference?

I understand the frustration .. but I’d much rather have some avenue of communication than none at all — even though it feels like that at times.

If they removed the WvW section entirely because it required too much maintenance, then there’d be zero way to talk directly to the devs — you can be pretty sure this forum is read, even if there’s no response.

Here, Atoss from FSP posted this in our match thread … it was the highlight of my week, so I’m sharing.

Now THIS is fabulous use of mass golems. God bless EU and its players

Cheers!

xox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwz2XKCnQ00

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

1000th reply

Yea it was crap and most ofthe WvW regulars have just stopped playing.

If your aim was alienate everyone in WvW and replace them with docile and submissive pve players to stroke your ego Anet then mission accomplished.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Puck.9612

you can be pretty sure this forum is read, even if there’s no response.

Yeah that doesn’t really count as communication. They need to do more than pop in from time to time saying nothing more than what basically boils down to “shut up WvW’ers”