Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I haven’t see one servermate build a golem since this event ended lol

I have, I laughed my kitten off as he got targeted and destroyed in under a minute.

I saw someone throw one down as soon as he ran out of spawn, try to build it, look around for a minute, and then leave the map. I got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I have, I laughed my kitten off as he got targeted and destroyed in under a minute.

I saw someone throw one down as soon as he ran out of spawn, try to build it, look around for a minute, and then leave the map. I got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Wait, are you telling me that now that golems actually cost stuff, people who came for golem week aren’t staying to continue with WvW? Whaaaa?

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Puck.9612

Wait, are you telling me that now that golems actually cost stuff, people who came for golem week aren’t staying to continue with WvW? Whaaaa?

It was one of those beautiful moments where you could see them freezing and going, “Wtf just happened?”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Did they do anything in the end to address the golem hack (I didn’t log in to GW2 the last two days of the event) — either in a statement or a patch?

in WvW

Puck.9612

Did they do anything in the end to address the golem hack (I didn’t log in to GW2 the last two days of the event) — either in a statement or a patch?

Nope. I’m just glad they didn’t make one of those stupid facebook announcements talking about what a great success the event was.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

We got a red post saying they are gonna try a patch to fix the lag which we complained over 2 years ago and continuously since……

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

Well now that this lovely event is over, what about all the rampant exploiting and cheating that was allowed to continue last week? What about numerous bugs and exploits that have been reported for years and nothing has been done? What about people in charge making completely ignorant remarks about the wvw player base and saying it as has no value to the longevity of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Khan.2374

Khan.2374

As soon as golem week ends, server wvw pop changes are announced and implemented the following Tuesday. Coincidence? Probably not, guessing the event was so they could test their code.

I enjoyed golem week for about 2 days – I run havoc and would melt their golems down with conditions. It was so much fun to watch pve-ers in omega panic when I reflected their rockets back at them. I must have killed at least 50gold worth of golems. But having 5 omega golems come to destroy my flame ram eventually made me sad and took a break for the rest of the week.

While I didn’t like the implementation of this event, I like the idea of having a WvW flux as long as they last no more than 1 week (oh god the horrible memories of the no swords debacle) and maybe once every 3 months. Maybe instead something like a lightly-armored golem event where the golems are faster, maybe half the build cost, but much less health/armor and no extra damage could have worked. Point being minor changes like increasing damage siege does by 25-33% or reducing their supply cost by that much, changing the speed/supply carried by/points given by killing yaks etc.

De Re Metallica [FeC]

(edited by Khan.2374)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

We got a red post saying they are gonna try a patch to fix the lag which we complained over 2 years ago and continuously since……

Nothing during or since- close your eyes tap your heels together three times and pretend it never happened!

But apparently I’m assured that they read every post (even those topics that get deleted by mods?), so rest assured your concerns and the rampant exploits will be addressed as soon as resources become available………………………………………………………

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Not too worried about it. If they don’t bring back the event, then no coding needed.

If they do, it is a reasonable expectation that the bugs be fixed and tested for.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not too worried about it. If they don’t bring back the event, then no coding needed.

If they do, it is a reasonable expectation that the bugs be fixed and tested for.

It was a reasonable expectation that bugs be fixed and tested for before/during the event also. But that didn’t happen.

I was also a reasonable expectation that they at least acknowledge the bug/exploits that affected an entire week of WvW. But that didn’t happen either.