Golem Rushes...

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

I find them quite problematic, especially when with a large amount that can wipe out entire borderlands in a couple of minutes.
With access to cheaper golems through trading post, they are starting to happen more often and with larger numbers.
Players should have a chance at reinforcing towards their keeps and not losing a fully upgraded keep in less than a minute.

I find up to 3 golems in an assault alright, but if there are more, it’s going WAY too fast.

Something needs to be done.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Land Mines. Right now there is no practical defense against a golem attack besides the cannons, and they are usually destroyed before the golems arrive.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah with the fact they cna be purchased on TP, i have seen zerging about a Boarderlands using Mesmer Portals to get around faster.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

Yeah with the fact they cna be purchased on TP, i have seen zerging about a Boarderlands using Mesmer Portals to get around faster.

Maybe that’s the answer, golems can’t be portaled.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Fight golems with mooooooaaaaaarrrr golems

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Taking away portalling from golems makes them completely worthless. It takes coordination to portal golems in a group; and I approve of anything that puts tactics > zerging.

Just put the same restrictions on golems as they do on other mats, that they cant be cheaper than the vendor cost.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

Taking away portalling from golems makes them completely worthless. It takes coordination to portal golems in a group; and I approve of anything that puts tactics > zerging.

Just put the same restrictions on golems as they do on other mats, that they cant be cheaper than the vendor cost.

Golem rushes generally require a zerg to pull it off. And making 10 golems to go roflstomping around the map with your zerg isn’t my idea of great ‘tactics’. Golems are way over-abused in this way IMO. I think golems should be useful for building at keeps as portable seige to take two gates down. I don’t think they should be take over the map seige.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It is pretty amazing that a group of 15 with 5 golems can cap Hills/Bay T2+ in about 10 minutes without bringing up orange swords. By the time many defenders realize there is a problem, they are in the lords room.

A new type of anti-golem siege would be nice. Omegas can wipe most wall siege and sit back from the door to avoid AC door targets. At 1.5g for an Omega guilds can now afford to drop them in big numbers.

Reducing golem door damage might be a cheap fix to the problem.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Cough cough cough.
Please check attached image.
Max map cap with Golems.

We raised the price of golems on the TP.
All 100 golems were wiped at lords room bay.

So all I can say to you is k.
Bird Song Day 2013

I put the massive in massive golem rush.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Mortars destroy golems. Most mortars can be aimed at any gate, sometimes more than 1 mortar can be aimed at one gate. Same with cannons. It doesn’t take very long to destroy an entire army of golems between the 2.

Are you guys playing on servers that are having trouble constructing the defenses? If so, then ya I can see where it’d be a massive problem. If the general consensus is that people cant defend against that many golems, Anet will probably do something about it.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All,

ANET changed the name from WvW to SiegeVSiege for a reason. They think everyone just wants to use siege equipment and use wxp to get even more siege skills. I heard a rumor that coming soon, you will not be able to use any weapons and instead everyone will be given an AC when entering the game mode.

#outoftouch

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: B Mo.1652

B Mo.1652

This is all pretty funny to me. I don’t get it? Hasn’t everyone been moving golems around with portals since the beginning of the game? Where have all of you been? As for how to respond to them, that is simple. An early scout, defensive siege already in place, a commander on the way as soon as scout calls it out. The most important part is getting the golems in combat so that they cannot port out and attack you again later unexpectedly. Killing Golems > Saving Tower always.

I do admit that there seem to be more Omega Golem rushes now. But I personally saw a spike in that after some sort of duplicating “glitch” that was exploited by some guilds and servers. That was BEFORE the new patch where you can buy/sell siege on TP.

B Mo
Blackgate NA
Bad Lucks Coming [JINX]

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Land Mines.

kitten d good idea actually

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

This is all pretty funny to me. I don’t get it? Hasn’t everyone been moving golems around with portals since the beginning of the game? Where have all of you been? As for how to respond to them, that is simple. An early scout, defensive siege already in place, a commander on the way as soon as scout calls it out. The most important part is getting the golems in combat so that they cannot port out and attack you again later unexpectedly. Killing Golems > Saving Tower always.

I do admit that there seem to be more Omega Golem rushes now. But I personally saw a spike in that after some sort of duplicating “glitch” that was exploited by some guilds and servers. That was BEFORE the new patch where you can buy/sell siege on TP.

With more than 10+ golems every time? Not really something I would call ’’enjoyable’’.

Gunnar’s Hold

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This was a fight before siege was up on the Trading Post. Twelve. To take Ogre Watch.

Sadly, they all died.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

I would rather see more strategic battles instead of just people charging in with tons and tons of golems.

Gunnar’s Hold

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Golems are pretty weak, not sure what you’re talking about. If half their zerg is in golems (or more) you shouldn’t have a problem killing them all by rushing into them.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

DonRobeez.3560

I’m not talking about running into a zerg with golems with another zerg.

Gunnar’s Hold

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Then what ? What’s the issue ? They break doors with golems ? It’s their purpose. They used supplies to build them, you failed to scout => you lose the tower/keep.
Scout and bring people there next time.

Tbh, i don’t see that many golem rushes. A lot of different strats going on, trebs, catapults, diversions…etc.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I don’t think the issue is alphas. Alphas are fairly manageable because they still have to hit doors which can be defended from multiple venues.

The problem is omegas can engage as they see fit and avoid fire by simply strafing out of where shots normally kitten and into corners that cannot be hit by cannons/mortars/trebs. Remove their range capabilities, and their abilities to hit walls, and we’re good to go I’d wager.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

1) 1000% increase of AC dmg.
2) x1000000000000 hp on normal gate
3) x10000000000000 hp on reinforced gate
4) do not alowe portals in wvw at all anymore
5) have max 2 golems / player buildable on a single map

balanced

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Simple solution.
Get off the AC and go down bashing them.

Golems melts like butter, they tons of HP but 0 healing/sustain and can’t be healed by other players, so they’re pretty easy to down.

But you’re not going anywhere as long as you don’t leave siege (namely, ACs), because they’re immune (iirc) to it.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

balanced

The aim to destroy wvw?

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

balanced

The aim to destroy wvw?

satirical comment about anet balancing?

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Guys this is gonna frustrate you, but far shiverpeaks had 30 + golems in a golem rush some days ago

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Golem Rushes...

in WvW

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

i can atttach some pics

7800 hours ingame, and counting.