Golem-busting builds repository

in WvW

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

From recent ANET post:
Hop into World vs. World between July 17 and July 24 to experience our newest special event, Golem Rush, where siege golems are better, faster, and stronger!
During the special event, all golems will be supercharged and have the following effects:
All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct.
All siege golems in WvW will deal 100% additional damage to other golems and players.
All siege golems in WvW will move at 100% additional movement speed.

Now that we have seen golem prices on TP increase dramatically, some (such as myself) will choose not to, or be unable to, buy golems to take part in this event. Instead, I would like to collect a repository here for specific golem-killing builds that we can use to survive and, hopefully, thrive in the upcoming golem madness.

I am at work so I don’t have time to theorycraft builds now, but I would like to get some opinions from others. Keep in mind that players will generally not outrun golems anymore, and golems will hit very, very hard. Our only advantages I can think of are that their attacks are very telegraphed, cannot be used while moving, and golems cannot heal (though a player with full golem mastery can just build a new golem when you kill the one he/she is in!). Oh, and siege disablers are still a thing.

So let’s hear your thoughts and builds for golem disruption, all professions welcome!

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

builds. wat builds. buy a lot of siege disabler. pew pew bomb afterwards.
wait for private whisper qq telling u how u wasted all his gold and also things involving your family particularly and most often your mother.

(edited by godofcows.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you assume siege disabler, exact same builds to kill players. There is no build thats going to take down a golem with double damage running as fast as a player. Anything ranged will do as good a job as now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Ballistas are just gonna shred all these golems. but since they require no supplies people are just gonna lay down new ones and hop into those. The strategy will likely be how to catch and kill the ones that jump out… which will be hard to do as most wvwers have masteries that ensure they get ejected safely in stealth. This would mean stealth traps and open field ballista teams will be required on top of having everyone equipped with siege disablers.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

No no no, the golem busting builds is a real thing. Call in your condi necros and equip those epidemics. Most pugs are too stupid to realise they need to exit the golem if they want it to stop bleeding out and the epidemics making all their friends die.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Finally, Maybe know people will understand the power of the Ballista!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

fluidmonolith.3584

No no no, the golem busting builds is a real thing. Call in your condi necros and equip those epidemics. Most pugs are too stupid to realise they need to exit the golem if they want it to stop bleeding out and the epidemics making all their friends die.

Question – we know that healing does not work on golems. Does condition removal work on golems? What about condition conversion (to boons)? If not, then I think this could be very useful…
Also, when a player with condis exits a golem, do the condis disappear completely, or stay on the player?

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Question – we know that healing does not work on golems. Does condition removal work on golems? What about condition conversion (to boons)? If not, then I think this could be very useful…
Also, when a player with condis exits a golem, do the condis disappear completely, or stay on the player?

Does condi clearing work on golems is a question ive had for a long time actually, either again players are too stupid to ask for it or no. And when the driver exits, the condis disappear so if you get loaded while driving you need to exit and fight the necro with your player skills otherwise il just use you as an epidemic bot.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Yep, my condi necro will be able to cast at least once before 80 omega rockets land on me….with 100% additional damage and speed…that’s really going to wipe a load of them…

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Condis. Golems are weak to condis, it melts their gigantic health pool quite nicely. Also, it keeps them in fight so they cannot chicken out if the rush fails.

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

HINT: Golems don’t have condi cleanse. Stack those 250bleed/burn/whatever else, then necros epidemic, 10 necro, 10x epidemic, 10 golem less.

Other things could be to send a thief before the golems arrive at gate/wall to disable them then just bomb with all you have. Or simply roll them with your zerg.
If it’s really gonna be tens of golems attacking then how many players are gonna be outside of golem? Rather not many to help them defend. Golems don’t have condi cleanse.

in WvW

fluidmonolith.3584

Golems cannot condi cleanse, but can players cleanse condis off of ally golems? May not be relevant, depends on whether or not golem zergs bring non-golem condi cleanse teams.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

SFR brought about 25 omegas to Hills one match in a four hour period — and all 25 died before they hit inner.

It`s actually good practise — conditions on golems wipe them super fast.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Also, if your attacking golem zerg is brain afk hitting the door, consider planting a wall of reflection just in front of the door. You will be surprised how many golem drivers have no problem with hitting themselves hard …

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

SFR brought about 25 omegas to Hills one match in a four hour period — and all 25 died before they hit inner.

It`s actually good practise — conditions on golems wipe them super fast.

And now imagine they bring them all 25 at once.