Good manners and respect

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

hello all…

dont wanna flame or whatever… but…

well, we should all remember its a game, and i simple dont stand players that after a fight they jump in top of dead opposite players…

its simply bad manners and those players show no respect…

cheers

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Cogswick.5236

Cogswick.5236

This is why they do it.

Edit: I should add that I am guilty of this. I’m also guilty of /dance’ing, dropping flame rams, and a bunch of other things on top of people after they have been disposed of.

Dr Niles Crane | [LOD]
#swaguuma pride worldwide

(edited by Cogswick.5236)

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I totally agree with you Op.

And

I also call it Childish Behavior.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Hmm they want you to make this thread. This is why.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

yea, its pretty lame. I bow, salute, cheer after fights i’ve had, whether i’ve won or lost. doesnt matter to me.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

It’s usually compensating for something else lacking in their life. KWS, Keyboard Warrior Syndrome.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

well happened even to fight 1vs3 with my engi – and well had a good time – even if i was defeated – one of them invited me in the party to say “good fight” that was nice – luckily sometimes happens even those things

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Yeah such trolls exist. Taking this behaviour too seriously doesn’t serve any purpose. I used to do that too… but just moving on and forgetting about it makes it so much more easy… you always meet twice.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

I do it….

1. When I do it, people that want to fight will come back.
2. When I do it and people don’t come back then they were zerglings that got caught, no sympathy…
3. My respect is earned, not automatically given. If I’m jumping, you didn’t earn it.
4. If something like this already bothers you, it’d like to suggest to not go PvP.
5. If I had emotes like /mock or /rude then I would use those too.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

(edited by Gully.7358)

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

If I have a good 1v1 fight, I wont jump on the person. However, if you jump me with 3 other people and I find you solo and stomp you, you better believe i’m going to jump on you.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

It’s only happened to me a couple of times and each time I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the person doing it. (One time I got stomped and went to top up my coffee, when I got back the the person who’d stomped me was still there jumping up and down on my corpse.) If their world is so small that they waste time doing that then they deserve my pity not my ire.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

If I have a good 1v1 fight, I wont jump on the person. However, if you jump me with 3 other people and I find you solo and stomp you, you better believe i’m going to jump on you.

This. And if I win that 4v1, I will /laugh, and make fun of you eternally in my head.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

It’s only happened to me a couple of times and each time I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the person doing it. (One time I got stomped and went to top up my coffee, when I got back the the person who’d stomped me was still there jumping up and down on my corpse.) If their world is so small that they waste time doing that then they deserve my pity not my ire.

This was funny, but disturbing and pitiful at the same time. It’s people like this that you hope you never hear about going into a school, military base or office building and shooting up the place.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I’ve actually had a few 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 where they all took great pride in their antics for beating an uplevel in greens/blues. A couple of times I’ve caught the culprits alone and they didn’t fare so well. So yes, as an uplevel in this type of situation, I did a variety of emotes, and finally bowed and walked away.

EDIT: One of my favorite things to do when they don’t respawn is simply to lie down next to them. I feel like I am bonding with them.

Dragonbrand since day 1

(edited by Greens Daily Ritual.9025)

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I do it….

1. When I do it, people that want to fight will come back.
2. When I do it and people don’t come back then they were zerglings that got caught, no sympathy…
3. My respect is earned, not automatically given. If I’m jumping, you didn’t earn it.
4. If something like this already bothers you, it’d like to suggest to not go PvP.
5. If I had emotes like /mock or /rude then I would use those too.

You could have just said “I do it” and we would have gotten the rest from your sig. Everyone knows thieves are the usually the worst trolls in the game.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Release to spawn and I’ll stop.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I laughed at this.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Zenguy.6421

Did you realize that gives them power over you?

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If I’m am acting in such a way that I /sit multiple times, laugh, point, otherwise deficate all over the corpse, they are corpse spying or a mesmer waiting for a thief to res them.

As long as they persist in their deceased state in the spot that I’m at, especially if they are a mes waiting for a res(really any corpse that I’m guarding on inner keep) as I will be entertaining myself in the fashion that I wish, I’ll continue to violate the corpse in any way that I possibly can.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

You could have just said “I do it” and we would have gotten the rest from your sig. Everyone knows thieves are the usually the worst trolls in the game.

But I didn’t

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Zenguy.6421

If I’m am acting in such a way that I /sit multiple times, laugh, point, otherwise deficate all over the corpse, they are corpse spying or a mesmer waiting for a thief to res them.

As long as they persist in their deceased state in the spot that I’m at, especially if they are a mes waiting for a res(really any corpse that I’m guarding on inner keep) as I will be entertaining myself in the fashion that I wish, I’ll continue to violate the corpse in any way that I possibly can.

Dude, it’s just a game and those really are just pixels on a screen. But if thinking like that helps you . . .

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ve actually had a few 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 where they all took great pride in their antics for beating an uplevel in greens/blues. A couple of times I’ve caught the culprits alone and they didn’t fare so well.

This, pretty much. I usually will find them without their two friends, stomp them …. and then /bow.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

What would be epically funny is if that person called their guildies and gave them the location you both were at so they could come ambush you, then they built a sea of flame rams on your corpse and proceeded to dance at your funeral pyre. Not to mention capturing it all and posting to Youtube.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Dude, it’s just a game and those really are just pixels on a screen. But if thinking like that helps you . . .

This is getting quite comical. /me grabs popcorn.

Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I’ve actually had a few 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 where they all took great pride in their antics for beating an uplevel in greens/blues. A couple of times I’ve caught the culprits alone and they didn’t fare so well.

This, pretty much. I usually will find them without their two friends, stomp them …. and then /bow.

+1

Dragonbrand since day 1

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Honestly I’ll never understand it. Sure I’ll get kitten ed, but if I spank someone multiple times in a 1v1 and the one time they beat me, they sit on my corpse… ugh, talk about being a clkitten winner.

apparently the words class + less are not allowed together.

Gates of Madness

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Most times I fight 1v1 I don’t even stomp the other guy. If I see people who are willingly getting out of the “protection” of guards/siege/companions and fight, I usually /bow. When I see an upleveled I usually let him take away 50% of my health before reacting (and I don’t stomp them of course).

But when I see someone who keeps going back inside their spawn/AC fire, that’s when I won’t stop jumping, dancing, throwing Ballistae and laughing at you when you die.
I also jump on people who act so kitteny when they are in 4v1 and then get killed in 2seconds when I found them with a friend of mine.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

if they jumped on you , it means you did well, you actually rattled them .

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Ona Demonie.7401

Ona Demonie.7401

I was trying to do the JP in one of the borderlands when a thief engaged me at the very beginning. I was trying to get through the puzzle, but I ultimately got to a save place and fought to death. When I died (bled out), the person just stood there and spammed the laughing emote. Then laid next to me for a minute, got up, changed into casual clothing, and proceeded to use the rose death thing. Then got up again and started laughing again. All the while, I’m chatting to my guild, requesting back-up (ironically, a guild mate told me “Usually people don’t bother you when you’re doing the JPs” just before I got jumped) in case I’d encounter any more enemies while doing the JP. Eventually, the person left and I laid there until my guild mates came and res’d me.

I have never encountered a person like that. They’re obviously bored since the person had an Incinerator and Quip and spent so much time taunting me while their server was getting smashed by mine. I learned that a lot of these trolls want a reaction from you by Waypointing back. To them, that’s “rage quitting”. So, I just laid there until he/she got bored.

But yeah, respect each other. I don’t even bother to stick around after I kill a person.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

if they jumped on you , it means you did well, you actually rattled them .

This. Or at least you meant enough to them that they decided to waste their time emoting and such.

For the rest of us, once someone is dead they’re old news, and we move on to murder anew

Gandara

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I respect anyone even when they act like jerks or “elitist”, but that doesnt stop me for sitting on peoples faces when they simply refuse to take their body out of our tower/keep after we wipe em inside!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Good manners and respect

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

If I stay dead somewhere, it’s for a reason.
I’m either spying on you or I’ve gone to make a cup of tea.

Either way, jump on my face all you like. It makes no difference to me.