Good server for roamers?

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

So yeah I’m currently playing on Fort Aspenwood and it used to be okay for roaming I used to be able to meet a few good 1v1 1v2 often but now since 2 weeks we got into Tier 2 and hell man it kittenin blow

Theres no place here for solo roamers or group roamers. the smallest group you encounter are 10 mans and Obsidian Sanctum is always empty

so yeah I wanna gtfo out of there.

Any ideas of server where theres good roaming / small scale action ?

I don’t really care if its silver or bronze. I want good and fun fights. that is all.

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Come to AR, plenty of great solo/ small scale roaming. The borderlands are great for 1v1/1v2’s without getting run over by a zerg.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Roaming is all my guild does. We usually run a 4 man (6 on a good night) and are always outnumbered. Hoping that as NSP moves out of the silver tier we will get more fights and not the 4vs 15-20 we unfortunately run into. That being said we have seen more servers moving into the 8-10 man range which we like quite well outside of the even number fights. Hard rezzing is usually an issue in groups of more than 8. So if your interested in the small man mechanic look me up in game.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Eredon Terrace!

We have some superb roamers and have been getting some new transfers as well. There’s a lot of excitement with ET right now

Ev
[SQD]

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Eredon Terrace!

We have some superb roamers and have been getting some new transfers as well. There’s a lot of excitement with ET right now

Shoo! I saw him first.

ET has been getting a lot of transfers, they have been outnumbering us the majority of the time…. which means a lot more bags for us

LGN

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

It says AR pop is very high while ET is at High only

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

I’d be tempted to go Kaineng / ET because Xfer would be cheaper and im poor as kitten lately

but if its dead and no actibe community aint fun either.

is DR / DH / Fergs zerg fests ?

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

BG always has a few roamers out regardless of the time of day, so try JQ or TC. Dodging zergs all the time might be a bit hard to get used to but it soon becomes part of the fun

Only issue is when the roamers start to congregate when there’s fights, which gets annoying, but that’s due to lack of roamers on JQ and TC really.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

It says AR pop is very high while ET is at High only

I’m guessing that is looking at PvE population which is pretty ridiculous since they implemented the megazerger. Totally understand you going for the cheaper price though. If you aren’t going to go AR I’d recommend ET; decent roamers there.

LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

oh geez forget about kaineng some folks told me it was all asians and no NA

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

BG and TC both have some very good roamers, just be prepared because T1 roamers are a whole new ballgame compared to T2.

Look up [OPP] on BG or my guild [FLOT] on TC all good people.

Check out some streams see if anything catches your fancy
http://www.twitch.tv/flotxara/profile
http://www.twitch.tv/opp_veretta/profile

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

(edited by Lurock Turoth.9085)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: agentmooncat.5134

agentmooncat.5134

We do ok on CD – have to fight the occasional Zerg but they are everywhere. We spend most of our time fighting pug zergs with the occasional decent group. I would say go mid silver. Stay away from bronze- too many empty maps :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=rrlRzm6Iz24

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

It’s nice from you guys for trying to convince me about T1 but I used to play on T1 and i really hate it there. My favourite experience from all the servers i played (yes the list is kinda long) was in Bronze. but I took a 4 month break.

when I came back my buddy told me hey i reformed the guild with all the guys on FA im like okay lets try and kitten

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

He want to get out of zergfests and the T1 dudes come here trying to pick him up…

I am amused…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Lurock Turoth.9085

Any one who hasn’t played in T1 since the end of S2 has no clue of what they are talking about.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Any one who hasn’t played in T1 since the end of S2 has no clue of what they are talking about.

Well, it kinda goes by logic. He plays on FA, which is a tier 2 server, and is complaining about how zerg it is due it having too much people, what would one expect from a tier which each server have more people than FA?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

I used to be on Kaineng and I have to say, I kind of miss it. I’m on sbi atm and even though we’re t2, the roaming is a lot worse. We’re up against mag atm, and it’s just constant zerging. Makes me sad dodging zergs every 10min.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Well, it kinda goes by logic. He plays on FA, which is a tier 2 server, and is complaining about how zerg it is due it having too much people, what would one expect from a tier which each server have more people than FA?

Well, my personal experience with t2 server roamers is that they aren’t roamers. Mag ‘roamers’ run in groups of 10-15, DB don’t have roamers to speak of most of the day, SoS have some small havoc sized groups that run at the sight of more than 1 tag. If that’s what he’s experiencing on FA then no wonder he wants out.

There’s a lot of room for roamers and havoc groups on T1. In weeks where the score is close, they make the difference of winning or losing. There’s also roaming for a purpose since fights are guaranteed, which makes it all the more rewarding.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Lurock Turoth.9085

^^

During seasons we hated fighting Mag, just no fun fights it was always nice to get back to fighting BG. I was on FA from launch and always said I never wanted to be in T1 because “its nothing but zergs” then I moved to TC (in its T1.5 phase) and we made the jump to T1 and I was quite surprised to find more fun roamers in T1 than in T2.

You got your big old blobs but the zerglings on T1 servers tend to be trained well enough that they don’t bother trying to run down the roamers. The blobers keep to themselves and the roamers get to feast on the zergling re-spawns (omnomnom)

And its not that T1 servers are really fielding that many more people during things like NA prime time, its that we have 24×7 coverage T2 servers will have big gaps in EU or SEA time where T1 servers can clean up.

(edited by Lurock Turoth.9085)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

T1 has a bunch of roamers. But you will never really find fair fights. T1 trains you on how to fight 5 v 10 or 2 v 5. Its very brutal. T1 is not the best place for 1v1 although there are some. Transitioning to T1 is a game changer if you r from t4 to t8 for roamers.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You got your big old blobs but the zerglings on T1 servers tend to be trained well enough that they don’t bother trying to run down the roamers. The blobers keep to themselves and the roamers get to feast on the zergling re-spawns (omnomnom)

That takes away the only fun thing about zergs. I love when a few zergers feel brave and try to chase me down so that I can take them out away from the safety of their blob.

Just want to throw this out there. After a day of hard fighting in the bl’s me and a guildy ended up goofing off with a box of fun, having a dance party with some FC roamers and taking turns dueling without stomping. Good way to end a day after fighting tooth and nail for hours on end.

LGN

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Gotta admit AR has some skilled players, the Ebay people i see either die instantly or run those condi bunker cheese builds =.=. @ the AR KAOS guild, End had great fun spiking you guys last night (wink). In general its actually easier to roam on t8 because of the lack of numbers so you see more people…. Altho in general people are either pretty good (cause its the vets left after the implosions), or just PvE scrubs….

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

All my (insert aspect you like to play here) friends say T1 is best (insert aspect you like to play here)……..

-Generic quote from an anonymous T1 zergling

TBH I solo roamed every week in S2, and I saw nothing to brag about from them. The skill level in this game is so very low, that arguing who is “best” is kittened. oPP was fun to fight, but you are talking about one guild from 3 server’s worth of folks.

My advice to OP would be try a Bronze server, but I would go upper Bronze/Lower Silver. These people from ET/AR/Kain are just looking for warm bodies, they do not care that you will contribute next to nothing toward PPT, and the fights you find will be mostly on EBG and depending on your playtime could be few and far between.

Source (previous servers):

NSP>ET>SF>BG>JQ>RoS(EU)>Maguuma

Mag Server Leader

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

All my (insert aspect you like to play here) friends say T1 is best (insert aspect you like to play here)……..

-Generic quote from an anonymous T1 zergling

TBH I solo roamed every week in S2, and I saw nothing to brag about from them. The skill level in this game is so very low, that arguing who is “best” is kittened. oPP was fun to fight, but you are talking about one guild from 3 server’s worth of folks.

My advice to OP would be try a Bronze server, but I would go upper Bronze/Lower Silver. These people from ET/AR/Kain are just looking for warm bodies, they do not care that you will contribute next to nothing toward PPT, and the fights you find will be mostly on EBG and depending on your playtime could be few and far between.

Source (previous servers):

NSP>ET>SF>BG>JQ>RoS(EU)>Maguuma

Well you got one part of that right. Most of us couldn’t care less about PPT, we are just looking for good fights.

LGN

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Lurock Turoth.9085

Baguuma, always gotta talk trash about others…

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

So mad…

Mag Server Leader

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

And T1 always says they are superior to everyone else… Your point?

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

DR / DH /SF are still considered Bronze league right ?

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Since when did roaming go from 5 people and below to about 10-15 people and below…thats no longer roaming……

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you play in off hours, stay where you are at. Off hours roaming in T3-T5 is generally horrible unless you like to flip camps without anyone showing up.

During NA peak, most silver servers are going to have some decent roaming but the competition is going to be pretty weak overall. Our small guild group dominated fights in T4. After switching to Maguuma we are finding much stronger roamers and skirmish play. I routinely see dragon finishers popping for and against in T2 something that is fairly rare in other tiers I have played in.

I was on BP for 1.5 years and roaming was pretty active there and at the time had a great WvW atmosphere. I haven’t been there in a few months though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

if you talk to a T1 player he will prolly tell you that 15-20 guys is a roaming/ havoc squad.

with that many player you can pretty much just spam 1 and no one will notice it.

at small scale action everybody is important.

I also usually find that lower tier server have more skilled players than higher tiers ones. High tier are too used to zerging.

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I routinely see dragon finishers popping for and against in T2 something that is fairly rare in other tiers I have played in.

AR have plenty of Dragons and they are on T8…

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

T1 roaming = spawn camping and killing people walking out of spawn.
That’s not real roaming.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I routinely see dragon finishers popping for and against in T2 something that is fairly rare in other tiers I have played in.

But Jeknar… spvp is sooooo boring…

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

But Jeknar… spvp is sooooo boring…

Sometimes it’s better than some sucky matchups we get… I even got myself to Tiger (I’m rank 42 atm) during season 2 because it was super boring…

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Lurock Turoth.9085

When I say roaming in T1 I mean 5 or less anything more is zerg skirmishing or ganking.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Having played extensively in T3-T6 for the first year and a half in GW2, I do not think dropping below T2 with the current population levels is going to bring better roaming fights. T2 seems to have about the same roaming density as T5 a year ago.

AR at least a few months ago was known for a strong sPvP population. There were not many servers around it that shared that attribute when I was in those lower ranked servers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

T3 is alright but it’s bad this week with the Maguuma blobs- I don’t blame them though, they have far more people than we do. Luckily they also do have some skilled players who are willing to run in small groups, but that’s been overshadowed in general by the spawncamping over the weekend and groups of 15+ running over one person. But like I said, who can blame them? They have way more people, and are bored.

The week we had YB and DB was actually kind of enjoyable. Sure there were blobs as anyone would expect once you get out of Bronze League. Still found plenty of people worth fighting.

And Straegen, after all, I finally figured out why you never died when we were together on HoD- you are the warrior running two endure pains after all, rolling with the zerg :P

But back to my point, roaming is going to be fine in the upper tiers, you just have to dodge the zergs. Back in HoD’s days in T8 it was just empty, I hope it’s different these days, but I am enjoying the larger crop of people to fight.

collector of liquid aurillium

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

And Straegen, after all, I finally figured out why you never died when we were together on HoD- you are the warrior running two endure pains after all, rolling with the zerg :P

But back to my point, roaming is going to be fine in the upper tiers, you just have to dodge the zergs. Back in HoD’s days in T8 it was just empty, I hope it’s different these days, but I am enjoying the larger crop of people to fight.

I roam WAY more than I go in a zerg. Last night your 10+ group killed me twice roaming. You guys are good fighters but in this case I don’t think a medium sized guild group should be lecturing me and my five man guild about roaming. Also odd is that I play several WvW classes and most of my kills have come on my D/D thief. At the very least I have resisted running my condi-bunkers as they are easy mode.

PS my warrior runs one Endure Pain and does not trait it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

BG and TC both have some very good roamers, just be prepared because T1 roamers are a whole new ballgame compared to T2.

Look up [OPP] on BG or my guild [FLOT] on TC all good people.

Check out some streams see if anything catches your fancy
http://www.twitch.tv/flotxara/profile
http://www.twitch.tv/opp_veretta/profile

Translated:

“Roamers” in T1 are small havoc teams running around. They are quite good at using synergies between classes.

Lower tiers are 1 or 2 people running around looking for fights.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

“Roamers” in T1 are small havoc teams running around. They are quite good at using synergies between classes.

Despite what the OP stated, based on my experience roaming in T2 is REALLY good. Some of the best I have experienced. In lower tiers I could go more than an hour during non-peak times and not see a soul. Even during peak hours there are loads of 1v1 or 2v2 fights to be had. I generally cannot flip a camp without someone showing up and usually it is a smaller scale fight.

Also zergs in T2 tend to avoid “chasing rabbits” unless they are directly in the zerg path. I can often shadow one and pick off stragglers without bringing the wrath of a few dozen players down.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

I roam WAY more than I go in a zerg. Last night your 10+ group killed me twice roaming. You guys are good fighters but in this case I don’t think a medium sized guild group should be lecturing me and my five man guild about roaming. Also odd is that I play several WvW classes and most of my kills have come on my D/D thief. At the very least I have resisted running my condi-bunkers as they are easy mode.

PS my warrior runs one Endure Pain and does not trait it.

Where is this “lecture?” Nowhere am I telling you how to play the game, was merely making an observation about how difficult it was to bring you down. Please don’t take this as a personal slight.

We had a lot on last night though, I think it may have actually reached 10 for once. Perhaps your EP was just off cooldown and you happened to be that low on health, it would not be an insult if you ran two anyway. On occasion, my warrior runs both, because I suck at it.

collector of liquid aurillium

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Where is this “lecture?” Nowhere am I telling you how to play the game, was merely making an observation about how difficult it was to bring you down. Please don’t take this as a personal slight.

We had a lot on last night though, I think it may have actually reached 10 for once. Perhaps your EP was just off cooldown and you happened to be that low on health, it would not be an insult if you ran two anyway. On occasion, my warrior runs both, because I suck at it.

I mis-interpreted your reply… my apologies. I made the mistake early on of pouncing on one of your crew and was met with a metric ton of damage and stuns. Most groups spam it all at once so I can usually speed away with one stun break. Not so with my first Abys encounter. As soon as I took a step, bam a stun/immobilize would land. Only so many stun breakers on a bar… well played.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

T1 roaming = spawn camping and killing people walking out of spawn.
That’s not real roaming.

ya we got ppl doing that now from the FC sever. anyone that has to camp all 3 Exits are know as Trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

DR / DH /SF are still considered Bronze league right ?

Yes, they are at the top of the Bronze league.

I haven’t seen DH for a while so cant really say anything about them, they used to have a strong Oceanic crew before, way back in season 1. But you said you played on lower tier before so you probably have an idea of what is a “zerg” for those servers, which, with exceptions of course, consists on 20-ish to 30-40-ish people zerging. And sometimes, in tier 8, depending on the match and time, what people call in tier 1 a roaming team, can be also called as zerg. lol

If you want constant fights that doesn’t require you to keep moving between borderlands and as much as would like to fight alongside of another skilled player in ET, perhaps you should try to contact people from those 3 servers and get the info you are looking for.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Wildchild.7502

Thank you very much for all the infos. I’ll start contacting Guilds from Bronze league.

This is really what I’m looking for.

SIC – Isle of Janthir

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Despite what the OP stated, based on my experience roaming in T2 is REALLY good. Some of the best I have experienced. In lower tiers I could go more than an hour during non-peak times and not see a soul. Even during peak hours there are loads of 1v1 or 2v2 fights to be had. I generally cannot flip a camp without someone showing up and usually it is a smaller scale fight.

Also zergs in T2 tend to avoid “chasing rabbits” unless they are directly in the zerg path. I can often shadow one and pick off stragglers without bringing the wrath of a few dozen players down.

You just posted in another thread that roaming is dying and you can flip a whole map’s worth of camps without seeing someone. That’s exactly what Wildchild is talking about, that T2 right now is mostly just zerging. Can be 50 enemies on the map and no one to really fight because they are all together.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Thank you very much for all the infos. I’ll start contacting Guilds from Bronze league.

This is really what I’m looking for.

Wildchild, from checking scores right now it looks like lower tiers have a lot of sorting out to do, a bunch of match ups aren’t going very well. Only tier 7 looks like it’s somewhat even, and that doesn’t appear to be the natural matchup.

We might want to wait a bit before we make a move to see where the lower servers end up. But Darkhaven could be an early favorite.

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Tiers 7 and 8 matches are “messed up”, there was 1% of getting those matches, yet they happened.

Right now what gives an impression to be an even match on T7, is actually KN working during off-hours, the server is know for the SEA/Oceanic coverage and lack of NA coverage. EBay can be a strong opponent for KN, pushing hard during NA time while losing during Oceanic, they can keep a close ‘ppt’. But not in this match since SoR is included in it.

As for Tier 8, the only even match we have is AR/EBay/ET. Our numbers during NA prime time are very close, can find the zergs mostly in EB fielding from 15 to 35 players. Home borders,are where the roamers and small guilds/teams like to play. I usually see about 10-ish players defending home if a keep isn’t being targeted. Off hours is pretty much a wasteland for all servers and after midnight the numbers drop to half or so unless they decide to pull an all night.

Edit: Except on reset day, of course.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

Good server for roamers?

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Roaming is all my guild does. We usually run a 4 man (6 on a good night) and are always outnumbered. Hoping that as NSP moves out of the silver tier we will get more fights and not the 4vs 15-20 we unfortunately run into. That being said we have seen more servers moving into the 8-10 man range which we like quite well outside of the even number fights. Hard rezzing is usually an issue in groups of more than 8. So if your interested in the small man mechanic look me up in game.

It’s either 5 VS 20 or you guys 5 VS 1 poor guy who got ganked so bad for roaming.
So you should have no complaint
(I roam solo alot and often got ganked by some 5 man guild group)