Ground Targeting Wars....... Fix It Please!

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

The WVW zones have turned in to ground targeting kiting/pusycat wars. This makes melee classes pointless to get in close when all these ground targeting skills stack and kill the toughest of tanks in less then 0.5 of a second. My idea to fix this problem is to make ground targeting skills [GTS] have a limiter or each person have a limitation on how many ground targeting skills [GTS] can hit them at a time. For example if there was 100 [GTS] cast in one spot those 5 enemy people standing on that spot will only randomly get hit from 3 of the 100 [GTS]. Keep in mind this is only my example and I would expect Anet to experiment with how many [GTS] can hit a person at a time. 3 maybe to low but as it is 100+ [GTS] is to high.

This thread is talking about a LARGE amount of people facing another LARGE amount of people in WVW. This is NOT talking about a 10 vs 10 fight. So please leave your small fighting experience out of this thread.

PS [GTS] Stands for [ground targeting skills]. If you missed that then maybe you shouldn’t post in this thread. Because I expect that the lack of understanding will show in whatever you say.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If they can do that, you should be able to do the same.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Its not just melee. any class caught up in mass circles of death freeze up and die.

And we all know that no you can’t always just roll or leap out of it.

FYI this is a WvW thread and most of us have faced more than 10v10…just saying.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

You never know Kamara you never know…… You just might get a person that says “If they can do that, you should be able to do the same”……. <facepalm>

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

You never know Kamara you never know…… You just might get a person that says “If they can do that, you should be able to do the same”……. <facepalm>

I can’t argue with that LOL/tipshat

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I wrote up a bunch of things to help you out, but instead wrote this due to your sarcasm and rudeness towards another forum member for taking his time to help you.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I wrote up a bunch of things to help you out, but instead wrote this due to your sarcasm and rudeness towards another forum member for taking his time to help you.

Definitely turned a valid complaint into what looks like a troll post.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Perhaps Anet thought the revenant would be the right char to have the pirateship meta shift a bit. But from the looks in wvw with their limited skillset it hasnt worked yet.
On the other hand, casters had to deal with the melee supremacy for way longer than you have to deal with the current meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It is not like 1 side has more and better tools then your side is it? But ill guess ill stick to my signature then for now.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

That’s a very bad idea and would make those skills completely useless. They have the physical restriction of being on once spot only.

There is something called evade. You should try it out for red circles. Or try my very secret advise…don’t go inside of these fields, but shhh that’s very secret.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

It’s because stability changes shifted the meta strongly in favour of ranged.

The other potential fix is to nerf wells or make all AOE dmg trigger retal.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It’s because stability changes shifted the meta strongly in favour of ranged.

No, it really didn’t. All it did was take away the ability for tank trains to overpoweringly ignore most CC and ignore so many skills and attacks thrown at them.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Spoken like someone who only plays ranged. The meta hss definitely shifted towards ranged.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I have been wondering why Protection is considered a buff with everything being condi…can we get protection to actually protect against condi? or delete it…

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Harlequin.8593

Harlequin.8593

If as a caster main I proposed that only 3 out of every 100 hits from a melee train charge landed would that seem viable to you?

Ground targeting serves a purpose, namely to deny the opposition access to an area, blunt a charge or shore up a failing line. If it does any of the above then believe it or not, its working “as intended”.

I have a bad feeling about this …

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Spoken like someone who only plays ranged. The meta hss definitely shifted towards ranged.

No, I ha e generally always played a frontline build and play style, I simply do not unrealistically kid myself about the realities of the situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Arena net is going the wrong way, they make it easyer and easyer instead off more skill based, remove 80% off all AOE skills and change them to single target is a good step, lower damage area on ram, Balsita, Treb, Catpult with 1/10 its now, not ko on treb.

Then it will be a challange to kill.

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Arena net is going the wrong way, they make it easyer and easyer instead off more skill based, remove 80% off all AOE skills and change them to single target is a good step, lower damage area on ram, Balsita, Treb, Catpult with 1/10 its now, not ko on treb.

In this case anet would have remove melee aoe skills completely, unable to move while using a skill and possibly add something like 2 seconds cooldown between skills to balance it all out.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I agree with the OP. Since the changes to stability melee builds have been hurting in zerg fights. Now with the buff to conditions Anet might as well just gives us a suicide emote that rewards the enemy with badges and save us the time of running across the map.

What Anet could do is put a limit on how many fields can stack on each other or buff our stability skills to something that is at least somewhat viable.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well if your all melee players stand in one place they deserve die.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Well if your all melee players stand in one place they deserve die.

If you see us standing in one place I would have you know that it isn’t voluntary. Having all your stability stripped and getting stunned several times in a row the instant your stun breaks are cast while being perma immobilized and burst to death gives you the impression that we are just standing in one place when in fact we are doing everything in our power to not be.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Der Buck.5439

Der Buck.5439

I understand the concern, but I think it works. A large group should be able to waste one or two guys charging in before they can pick up and strangle their Asuran Engineer. For me, the large GTS area feels more like two large groups in grand scale fighting. Like I just poked the hornets nest

For clashing as a group, build siege if it makes sense. Try to flank or have a Mesmer blink and port to the other side of the GTS. I feel the same pain, but it feels the same as if I got feared off a cliff. It just means things didn’t go my way that time.

Maybe your class will get taunts? Won’t that be funny, two turtling zergs and then one guy from the other zerg Leroys out and gets picked off.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Yes only AOE should be Swift, heal (Group) and debuffs except maybe some ranged skills that have AOE damage but then the damage should divide between players that get hit, so say it do 5k damage and 5players get damage they get 1.5k / player (bit more then max).

Then all melee will need to run after the one you attack to be able to hit him them not just press keys and you hit everything around you, to get away from ranged attack you can then use LOS but now the ranged attack don’t aim one they simple burst damage all over.

Same with siege if Arrow cart hit 20 it will do less damage to players then if it hits 5, and ofc same with Treb/Cat if they hit between wall so it hit 2 walls it will do 50% on both walls.

In this case anet would have remove melee aoe skills completely, unable to move while using a skill and possibly add something like 2 seconds cooldown between skills to balance it all out.

in WvW

Posted by: iPsychO.5043

iPsychO.5043

I have been wondering why Protection is considered a buff with everything being condi…can we get protection to actually protect against condi? or delete it…

Idk if you’ve ever set foot in a WvW map, but warriors have passive decreased effect of 33% movement impeding conditions. Guardians have Purging Flames (-33%). Not to mention the -40% condi duration food and -20% from Hoelbrak runes or -25% from Melandru.

OT: I hate condis too, but condi builds are by any means the LEAST viable in WvW. The only remotely useful condis in WvW are poison to prevent banners succeeding or slowing hardresses, immobilize to keep enemies in a bomb and chill for the increased cooldown + decreased movement speed.

If condition are a pest to you, you are probably a ranged/peripheral class which shouldn’t even be in these red circles in the first place.

Thief: I Psycho Pk – Guardian: Supreme Protector
[Far Shiverpeaks]

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

There is no problem, just people who played an easy I WIN class, who didn’t have to ramp up their skill are now finding it a bit difficult. If you are possibly on a guardian instead of a warrior I suggest you move to tier 8 ET and watch SQD who have little problem with 7 guys running into 20 – 30+ opponents and killing them.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Good luck trying to argue this to people. When the AoE limit hit (ie 5 man) and people proclaimed it as the end of the world as we know it and zergs could never ever be killed again, I tried to argue to people that AoE is still unlimited on the receiving end. IE 1 player will still get hit by 100 players, not just 5 of them – that is what zergs thrive on and that’s what should have been looked at. There are no “diminishing returns” for attacking with overwhelming AoE. Which means that AoE will always be OP. But nope, everyone just went on and on and on about the horrific 5 man limitation from their attacking perpective and how it would kill WvW if it wasnt unlimited (I must have missed when that happened).

in WvW

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Stop going full zerker lol, I go zerg with celestial and it isn’t bad since full PVT, Sentinel or Nomad’s would give much more survivability.

Stella Truth Seeker