Groundhog Colin gives us another 3 months...

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

…of the cancer known as Coalescense of Ruin or as must of as know as “the WvW Plague”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v0x29/how_do_anet_expect_us_to_take_pvp_seriously_when/cxk2yny

Rev Hammer #2 has a 2sec more or less Spammable 8-10k Crits from Range that made GvG’s and and any large scale encounters the saying “most Revs wins”.

Great news from the Anet balance Team.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

(edited by Ravezaar.4951)

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

At least they fixed the bug on the hammer 2 were it apparently did not do enough damage on the edges, so all is well now.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

…of the cancer known as Coalescense of Ruin or as must of as know as “the WvW Plague”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v0x29/how_do_anet_expect_us_to_take_pvp_seriously_when/cxk2yny

Rev Hammer #2 has a 2sec more or less Spammable 8-10k Crits from Range that made GvG’s and and any large scale encounters the saying “most Revs wins”.

Great news from the Anet balance Team.

Thanks for sharing, so another 3 months that I can continue using the skill to induce more crying and anger? That’s good enough for me!

Those crying need to get this amulet:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-amulet/first#post5816037

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

(edited by rchu.8945)

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

“You are going to play revenant and you are going to like it, because we say so!”
-Arenanet balance team

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

On the good side whole groups of Revenants are much easier to see then packs of Mesmers.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

CoR isn’t even the main problem, the main problem is Facet of Darkness + Roiling Mists.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

CoR is a huge issue and you know it

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

I know it’s broken, but what’s broken about it isn’t CoR when the autoattack is critting for 4k and Unrelenting Assault hits for 10k while evading in the same build.

What’s broken is Roiling Mists and Herald 3-2-1 giving an extra armor set worth of stats for 4 upkeep.

(edited by OneEightHundred.5689)

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

On the good side whole groups of Revenants are much easier to see then packs of Mesmers.

I´am pretty sure that the next masterpiece from the Arenanet balancing team will be something like this for CoR “gets 3 sec. of stealth for every enemy hit”.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Watch for the animation, don’t stand infront of him/her, dodge roll or zig-zag side to side, ect. Actually try and think of ways to get the upper hand, then Yolo’ing straight at a Rev/Herald with his/her hammer out, knowing full well that, Hammer #2 is coming…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Watch for the animation, don’t stand infront of him/her, dodge roll or zig-zag side to side, ect. Actually try and think of ways to get the upper hand, then Yolo’ing straight at a Rev/Herald with his/her hammer out, knowing full well that, Hammer #2 is coming…

Yes because those non-reflective cracks in the ground AoE is so visible underneath the groups and effects of people in WvW?

Side Note: I have been hit for 18.9k on Guardian by CoR… Several revs in a group = perma fury, 25 might, etc…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yes because those non-reflective cracks in the ground AoE is so visible underneath the groups and effects of people in WvW?

Side Note: I have been hit for 18.9k on Guardian by CoR… Several revs in a group = perma fury, 25 might, etc…

Knowing that these Revs will be using CoR, and that they would be in a group, doesn’t it make sense to maybe, not run straight in, think of new tactics in handling them? Seeing the amount of damage you where dealt, I can only imagine that your running Full ZERK or an equivalent that renders your overall armor low, with a decent HP pool, so maybe MARAUDERS?

Perma Fury/25 Might you say, hmm, seems there is a lot of builds for other classes that can boast those numbers, and 25 Might isn’t perm, and having those two facets up, Revs sacrifice other energy using things….like attacks.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

“You are going to play revenant and you are going to like it, because we say so!”
-Arenanet balance team

Sure is a funny coincidence then that revenant’s behind a paywall.

(edited by Daralii.8940)

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Sure is a funny coincidence when I wvw with nuke hammer rev I’m picking out the enemy groups of revs and dropping them while avoiding them.. Rarely do I get caught with hammer nuke, not so hard…

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I really hope that if it’s changed it becomes only a WvW change… not a general change… because that skill is very useful in PvE. (Maybe something like a crit nerf in WvW or a delay before damage?)

-Arenanet balance team

Sure is a funny coincidence then that revenant’s behind a paywall.

Ah, yes – a little thing called marketing. Same as elite specs like dragonhunter/chronomancer.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

OneEightHundred.5689

Yolo’ing straight at a Rev/Herald with his/her hammer out, knowing full well that, Hammer #2 is coming…

Actually yoloing at them is the best thing you can do because it does less damage at close range and their stab, condi clear, and disengage all suck. Hammer rev is for pirate shipping.

Revs sacrifice other energy using things….like attacks.

That would matter if their staple attack cost more than 5 energy or if they had to run Facet of Nature to get 100% boon uptime, neither of which is the case.

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Sadly, it’s not just Coalescence, though.
The whole concept of the passive party wide buffs is ridiculous at the moment. Partly due to the stacking potential and partly because there’s too little sacrifice involved.

For the stacking part:
- The utilities should spread the facet to allies, and each facet should give boons only to the affected player.
- Facet of Nature should be personal.
This way, you can’t just stack revenants together for permanent full buffs, yet you’d still benefit from having multiple revs in a party providing different buffs.

For the sacrifice, either energy cost of the hammer skills or the upkeep cost of facets needs to be increased. Right now, energy is practically a non-factor.

On top of that, damage modifiers from traits are way too high.
Roiling Mist is a barely-conditional ~15% DPS increase in glass builds. For comparison, all weapon-specific modifiers are 5-10%.
Cruel Repercussion just needs to go. It’s completely ridiculous. Especially combined with Malicious Reprisal.

They also have way too good defensive options. Infuse Light needs a cast time. Riposting Shadows needs to have at least 1 of its effects removed (ideally the endurance gain). It currently removes all movement-impeding conditions, breaks stun, and lets you chain 6+ evades together (realistically 10-11 with an energy sigil and hammer/staff).

As for Coalescence, if a complete rework of the skill is out of the question, it needs a recharge increase and either a damage decrease or to be reflectable (on top of the changes listed above).

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

In WvW, rev hammer 2 is a big problem. In sPvP however, condi revs are a bigger problem and hammer issue is non-existent. This is why I have no confidence they’ll adjust hammer 2 for WvW because they seem to balance based on PvP.

Sad, but true. All hammer 2 needs really is a longer cd. Yes this means it would affect how revs use them in PvE, so again, they likely won’t do this simple balance adjustment for the sake of other game modes.

Anet seems happy to sit on using powerful elite spec carrots to sell HoT expansion. They’ve forced players to have to buy the expansion and switch to the new powerful elite specs in order to compete. I get the concept, but they still should balance the game. And they need to do it incrementally more often rather than once every 3 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

So is it normal that anet doesn’t discuss things in it’s own forums? Rather it goes to Reddit?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Its simply power creep with elite. And revenant on top is best for selling it. Its a usual concept to do this an balance later (in this case of course after christmas) when most have bought the poduct.

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

The guy from reddit nailed it – I think exactly the same:

Revenant hammer #2 skill is being broken in WvW for 1 month. So how can you even say anything about wvw balance. This skill is spamable, on 2s cd, it is aoe skill, there is no red circle/effect, you can not see this skill in wvw to dodge, it can hit people 8-10k or even more.

You have introduced more hard cc skill with elite specs, and did nothing to improve stability. It is now cc fest, who first spam enough cc skills wins.

in WvW

Posted by: ChainedOne.7369

ChainedOne.7369

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but I kind of like the effect CoR has in WvW, and I would like to see more abilities changed to have this kind of application. Before you scream at me, just hear me out:

It has always confused me that in a massive PvP skirmish game mode like WvW the strongest strategy has always been stacking everyone on top of one another so AoE can’t hit everyone. I never found it to be a very… uh.. realistic strategy, although I know that realism isn’t really a factor. But the way I see it, in a world where people can summon massive fireballs and earth shattering strikes it would be almost suicidal to have people stand in a group so they would be a massive target for what is essentially the walking artillery known as Eles/necros/etc.

But of course, all of that isn’t necessarily relevant. What is relevant is the game play. Well, I won’t comment specifically on GvG as I don’t participate much in that, but people have always been complaining about blobs rolling through a BL/EB, and forcing the smaller pug group to never be able to take them head on. If more skills like wells, meteor shower, AoE spells, etc all hit more than 5 targets, perhaps we would see a shift in strategy where people wouldn’t all stack on top of one another. It would help alleviate some of the massive 1 spam fest that we see in fights where people die if they leave the tag. Setting up groups with the new squad system would become much more important, as you would need a nice composition to keep everyone alive since stacking everyone on top of the same heals/buffs would be asking for a bomb that would wreck you.

I don’t know, just my two cents. I see this as a way to help us. Right now it actually sucks because there is only 1 ability that can really fit this bill. But rather that nerf the hell out of it, maybe we could make it the norm?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So is it normal that anet doesn’t discuss things in it’s own forums? Rather it goes to Reddit?

Yep, up until fairly recently reddit has been kinder to anet than this forum, although this has largely changed since HOT.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Knowing that these Revs will be using CoR, and that they would be in a group, doesn’t it make sense to maybe, not run straight in, think of new tactics in handling them? Seeing the amount of damage you where dealt, I can only imagine that your running Full ZERK or an equivalent that renders your overall armor low, with a decent HP pool, so maybe MARAUDERS?

Perma Fury/25 Might you say, hmm, seems there is a lot of builds for other classes that can boast those numbers, and 25 Might isn’t perm, and having those two facets up, Revs sacrifice other energy using things….like attacks.

Soldiers actually, and with soldiers my guardian sits at about 16k HP, up from the base 11k.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Oh my goodness!

This is worse than I possibly imagined. These guys are talking about gathering data to balance the classes. What? You have all the tables in front of you! This balancing should have been done up front with equations. Small scripted scenarios using the data from tables should have been a priority. What I read in that other message board is that you kinda slap stuff together and see how it works. In other words…you are not professional.