Guild Catapults

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Was curious of everyone’s thoughts on these.

Overpowered? Too easy to deploy/build? All I ever see anymore are guild catapults being used. I’ve seen 4 dropped on a paper tower.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

Not really. They provide the best versatility and damage vs. supply cost of any siege equipment which is why they are always used, but they are not difficult to counter.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

They’re also costly… If someone dropped 4 for a paper tower then that means he spent nearly 5g to take somethin with 0 upgrades worth nothing other than +10 PPT and even then I’m sure you guys flipped the tower back before tick which means that commander dropped 5g worth of siege for a champion loot bag.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Not really. They provide the best versatility and damage vs. supply cost of any siege equipment which is why they are always used, but they are not difficult to counter.

you just said they were the best but not op? while they may not be hard to counter, they are also harder to counter than rams.

I think if we had the gold to throw around we’d all use guild catas for everything.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Rams are always faster than catapults (except on sneaky spots for keeps.

You can argue that with the supplies of 1 sup rams you can build 2 guild cata, but that’s the reason why they are so expensive. And still, on a gate ram would be faster (but less safe).

If they were more popular, they would cost a lot more due to their scarcity.

They have their power, but will always be a situational weapon.

On a raid we usually build superior catapults. If you can build 4 superior catapults, building 9 guild catas won’t change too much the outcome of your attack.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

you just said they were the best but not op? while they may not be hard to counter, they are also harder to counter than rams.

I think if we had the gold to throw around we’d all use guild catas for everything.

offering the best bang for you buck does not make something overpowered. I would argue that siege golems offer a similar ratio if used correctly, since they have the possibility of being re-used, offer greater chance of success when assaulting a keep, and low counterability, despite being significantly more expensive supply-wise.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah I see them too… well except they are regular event catapults looking like guild catapults.

Anyway, they are very much needed for very small groups that want to reliably take keeps while not announcing their presence to the world. Golems are much more effective – especially if they are used for multiple keeps – but of course you have to move them.

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Overpowered? Too easy to deploy/build? All I ever see anymore are guild catapults being used. I’ve seen 4 dropped on a paper tower.

those are regular catas, with the lunar year event, they look almost same as guild catas.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Guild Catapults

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

those are regular catas, with the lunar year event, they look almost same as guild catas.

I wouldnt be so sure

Attachments:

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot