Guild Claims Showing On World Map

in WvW

Posted by: My Cow.1069

My Cow.1069

I don’t know if it’s intended and just not working right now, but showing the guild and their banner should display when scrolling over a scructure on the world map while in WvW should be implemented. Right now, the only way to tell who owns the keep is by looking at the banner which is almost impossible to deffer who actually owns it.

Xxav 80 Guardian
[MN] Midnight Gaming
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Malleusx.6092

Malleusx.6092

Absolutely. Guild banners (exp, karma, magic find) also need to show the guilds entire name not just their ticker.

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

We’d really like to do things like that to make guild claims more visible, but it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon as all our resources are working on more pressing priorities at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: willwill.9318

willwill.9318

Meanwhile people quit the game because of no end game? Yeah i know it’s not sub based so they might come back. Mr. Ferguson we really need a WvW pvp system in the game that makes people want to pvp when they are losing.. Farming medals isn’t incentive enough alone

www.the-darkhand.com <DDH>

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Will guilds anytime soon be more visible in WvW than just logo on banner?
Like making name of guild that claimed a part of land or guild logo in map?

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

We’d really like to do things like that to make guild claims more visible, but it’s probably not going to happen anytime soon as all our resources are working on more pressing priorities at the moment.

Kitten you Scarlet.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The API shows the guild that claimed an objective. View a live map that uses the API on the mos.millennium site or gw2score. There might be some overlays that show that information as well.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

The API shows the guild that claimed an objective. View a live map that uses the API on the mos.millennium site or gw2score. There might be some overlays that show that information as well.

This is not an acceptable answer.

The fact that you need to use a third party in order to figure out such basic information is super annoying and inconvenient.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Hule.8794

While using third party software I am unable to play the game. Not everyone got 2 or more monitors.
Because API can show it, and websites can integrate it, that code already exists.

Using third party (browsers) would be like using browser for using TP because in game it would show only sell and buy gems.

in WvW

Hule.8794

And I forgot, most overlays dont work in fullscreen mode. Just in any windowed mode.
Many players use fullscreen. Try to run the game in windowed on Windows 8.1 and move your mouse to some corner.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

Those priorities though.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The fact that you need to use a third party in order to figure out such basic information is super annoying and inconvenient.

Of course it is super annoying and inconvenient. And yes, it would be better if that information were put on the in-game map. But the information is also currently available beyond just the logo on the banner.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Try learning your community. Back in my day we had to memorize phone numbers to call people we talked to regularly. There are around 90 guilds that play WvW regularly on my server. I know the leaders of over half of them and the symbols for at least a couple dozen. It is call familiarization and memory try using it.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

Try learning your community. Back in my day we had to memorize phone numbers to call people we talked to regularly. There are around 90 guilds that play WvW regularly on my server. I know the leaders of over half of them and the symbols for at least a couple dozen. It is call familiarization and memory try using it.

That’s a cool story. Did you find $5.00?

In all seriousness, memorizing every single guild on my server and their respective emblems is not a feasible task, especially considering the fact that someone could always create a new guild and that pretty much everyone is capable of claiming a WvW site.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Are those WvW priorities? Is something new coming to WvW soon?

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Would you like a cookie? Being able to memorize a dozen different guild emblems doesn’t get anet off the hook for not doing something that the community has done. I think that anet can manage a lord message saying __________ has claimed this objective rather than another guild has. The keeps already update the banners, why not a bit of text?

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They have to work on things like renaming Guard Leech instead.

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Thank you for an honest reply. I can’t say I agree with your priorities (I’m sure you knew that was coming), but I very much appreciate honesty. So thank you for being straightforward about it!

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I appropriate devs telling us that “they won’t work on it” rather than saying “Its being worked on. stay tuned”…

I wish every thread had a straight answer like this, so we don’t get a spam of the same topics everyday.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I wish people would stop digging up old posts that aren’t going to be addressed!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I wish people would stop digging up old posts that aren’t going to be addressed!!!

I wish ArenaNet would – or NCSoft give them the resources to – develop small, easy-to-implement QoL improvements that should have been in the game at launch rather than developing temporary content. Guess we’ll both have to get used to being disappointed.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Living Story, Living Story Everywhere!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Doesn’t OverWolf have a similar option like this? For those that don’t have multiple monitors.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It doesn’t matter anyway, the points are still just as relevant.

in WvW

Hule.8794

You know why I did it? Because devs are telling us more than a year that its comming soon. Or that its not really a priority but they want to add it.
In the last year we have seen a lot of Living story, we have seen adding a lot of stuff. But these basics are being abandoned in the name of LS.

Like it took them a year to add some last login to guilds. Really? A year?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I understand why, you just need to realize it won’t. I play it for what it is and don’t expect any changes. You’ll just continually be frustrated.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

Just use wvwintel dot com?

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

And I forgot, most overlays dont work in fullscreen mode. Just in any windowed mode.
Many players use fullscreen. Try to run the game in windowed on Windows 8.1 and move your mouse to some corner.

Okay did that, nothing happens (as in the weird popup bar won’t show up)

Attachments:

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Those priorities involve living story, bling features and anything PvE related that increases gem store revenue. They do not include meaningful WvW features and content.

Just wanted to clarify that so there is no misunderstandings.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry